• Published 31st Jul 2013
  • 2,492 Views, 57 Comments

Twin Blades - Craigulus Twinblade



Have you ever wondered what it would be like to have a fresh start in a whole different world than ours? A 16 year old named Craig is about to experience it. Craig, who has always dreamed of this day is finally going to find out what it is like.

  • ...
20
 57
 2,492

A Week Has Nearly Passed......

"My liege, your forces have all marched out of the water and onto this frozen beach. When shall we advance through these pitiful Griffon Kingdoms?"

Deep in thought, the God King turned to his most trusted servant and gave his command.

"We must give them a little more time, Iskandar. I know it sounds strange at the moment, but I don't think we need to go just yet. I still have to wait about a day or two so I can prepare myself for my own personal battle."

Iskandar was, and still is the greatest commander in the ranks of the God King's armies. The un-dead centaur had been fighting on the island of Elir at the time of his master's death. When he heard his master's commands he would normally follow them without question, but this time he was a little curious.

"Master, with all due respect I must ask. What is this 'personal battle' your talking about?"

The fallen king of the Centaurs would have snapped if he didn't have so much respect for the commander. Turning to Iskandar, he began to speak.

"I have been watching Craigulus in my meditations and it seems that he has planned to make a stand in the city of Gryphus. As you probably know, I was going to forget about that city and march straight into Equestria. The plans must change though, I cannot pass up this opportunity to destroy the so-called 'hero' of Equestria!"

The God King turned around to view his massive army and a long, precarious silence began. Two minutes passed and Iskandar broke the silence.

"I will tell the troops we will leave in the morning. If you want, you can take over and command the troops yourself."

A spear was suddenly pointed toward the commander's neck.

"Do you really think I need permissionto take over?!" The scar-eyed spirit bellowed.

Iskandar with his mighty white hair, shook his head.

"Good...Return to your duties!"

As Iskandar left, the God King closed his eyes and returned to deep thought. The more he thought about the human, the more the God King laughed. Does this sixteen-year-old boy really have what it takes? Does Galaxia even know what she is doing? Is the hero even capable of ascending to solar eclipse form?

"HA! I think not!"


In Ponyville, the human was wrapping up the first ever hockey game in Equestrian history. To our hero's pleasant surprise, the game was an instant hit with the citizens! It was refreshing to feel like he was back home in Canada, even though the players were clearly not humans. As everypony trotted home, Luna flew into the scene.

"Craig, we need to go to Gryphus and prepare for the assault! The God King is marching his army tomorrow morning and the forces have all gathered there just in time!" Luna was extremely anxious.

Craigulus nodded and ran around town gathering the bearers of the elements of harmony. After gathering his friends, Luna transported them to Gryphus by carriage. By the time the sun rose into the sky, they had arrived.

"How are the refugees? Are they all inside of the catacombs?" Twilight questioned the princess of the night.

Luna responded with a hint of urgency in her voice.

"Yes, but right now we need to prepare the troops. Equestrian soldiers aren't used to defending griffon cities, so we must learn from Griffiam's armies about how they fight."

As they proceeded through the city, our hero noticed how frantic the soldiers of the triple-alliance were. Every pony and griffon was doing some sort of training. The shouting of the commanding officers rang through the halls of Gryphus and eventually, our hero began getting nervous.

"How much farther until we reach the meeting room?" Craigulus asked with butterflies in his stomach.

Luna turned her head back to the human.

"Not much farther. In fact, it is just around this corner."

The alicorn, the human, and the bearers of harmony turned around that corner and entered the steel doors. Celestia, Griffiam, princess Cadence, and Shining Armor all sat around the table. It appears they were already talking amongst themselves.

"Ahh, it appears the rest of the group has arrived! Take a seat so we can discuss this coming defense!" Griffiam spoke in a joyful tone.

The whole gang proceeded to sit down and let the meeting continue. Celestia was the first to speak.

"We have two full days to prepare for the God King's arrival. The entirety of all our armies have arrived here so we can not lose. If we do lose, then we have failed to save the world." Celestia fearfully spoke.

Craigulus then rose to his feet.

"We can't lose though! I'm destined to save everybody, right? Why fear the loss if we are destined to claim victory!?"

This sounded logical to the council, but in Haven Galaxia shook her head in frustration.

"No!!!! Curse me and my eternity of lies!" She thought to herself.

The council looked over at Craig and disapproved his comment.

"The prophecy may say that you are destined to win, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be prepared!" Celestia objected.

Our hero knew his teacher was right. Nodding, he sat down slowly. The room went into a state of silence once again and after a long period of time, Rainbow Dash stood up.

"Well, I don't know about you guys but I love Craigulus's enthusiasm! I have plans myself for this defense strategy! What needs to happen is that the Canterlot guards need to form a shield wall in front of the closed iron gates. Once the gates are finally torn open, the Crystal Empire's archers in the back will send a massive wave of arrows down upon the enemy. The Equestrian shield wall is one of the most efficient, deadly, and well thought out battle strategies in history!"

The whole room had began to listen to the rainbow-maned pegasus. Griffiam stood up and spoke in a rough tone.

"What about magic? Can your shield wall hold out against that?" Griffiam Wallace slammed his axe onto the table.

"Yes" Celestia spoke. "But when it comes down to it, our soldiers can only withstand the barrage for so long. I do understand that you have your griffon berserks willing to enter the fray, right? We could always have them burst forth from the shield wall every so often during the battle to send a wave of fear and death over our enemies!" Celestia began to smile at her own brilliance.

"Good idea! But my only question to you is, can the dead sense fear?"

After Griffiam's question, Celestia didn't feel so brilliant.

"I do not know." she whispered.

Luna and the human rose to their feet and roared in unison.

"Then we shall teach them to sense fear!"

The entire hall looked at the duo with proud smiles on their faces. Griffiam began to speak.

"If the need to withdraw arises, we shall defend the town square!"

Twilight began to stutter as she began.

"Wh-What if the defense of the town square fails?"

Fear overtook the room once again. Before the silence could go on too long, Luna broke it.

"Then we shall fall back to the entrance of the catacombs and use a teleportation spell to bring the survivors to Canterlot."

Griffiam had a look of frustration on his face.

"What about my people?!?!"

Celestia bowed her head in sorrow.

"I'm sorry, but if the need arises we can only teleport the remaining troops. We could never save the entire griffon race that quickly. We could probably save a few though."

Those last few words put Griffiam's mind at ease. He knew that if he failed his species, the princesses would always be there to save them from extinction. Sure they would be endangered, but that's better than being dead!

"We shall fight then."

The company of leaders and heroes raised their fists and hooves to the air as they began to proudly chant the battle cry of the triple alliance.

"For Equestria, The Griffon Kingdoms, and the Crystal Empire!"


Night had fallen upon the mountain of Gryphus. Craigulus Twinblade made his way out of the giant entrance and sat in the thin layer of snow. As he looked out over the valley below, he began to think about the battle plan he learned that day. If things got out of control during the battle at the front gates, They would have to retreat into the city square. If that would fail, then they would have to fight for their lives back in front of the small catacombs entrance where the refugees were currently living. Celestia and Luna would have to charge up a huge teleportation spell that would spare the remaining soldiers. Deep in his heart, our hero knew that it wouldn't come to that because he would find a way to destroy the God King right then and there! While deep in thought he heard a familiar voice.

"Hello, my student."

Luna stood with her head in the moonlight. Her mane was flowing so gracefully that Craigulus just sat in awe. As Craigulus came to his senses, Luna glanced at him and laughed.

"Enjoying the view I see? I have been told before that I look the most beautiful at night, you know?"

Craigulus looked back down on the country.

"Yea, I guess they're right." Craigulus's tone was softer.

Luna blushed at her crush's compliment. A silence ensued before Craigulus spoke in a worrisome manner.

"Luna? What if something happens to somepony during battle? What if one of my friends.....What if they?- What if?"

Luna wrapped her student in her wing, thus interrupting him.

"Death is something we all endure. I've been around for thousands of years so of course, I know the pain of loss all too well. I once knew a young, blind pegasus who showed the world that the winter season is useful. Her point was that no matter how dark or cold it was, it was still a beautiful thing. I cried so much when she passed on, but I know that there has to be a special spot in Haven for her." Luna let a single tear drop from her eyes as she reminisced.

Craigulus instantly knew who she was talking about and rose to his feet.

"Luna, I've heard about her before. I would have to say that if Galaxia never let her into Haven, she would be insane!" Craigulus embraced the princess of the night.

"Craigulus, if any of us die in this coming battle then I will take revenge on the murderer no matter who he is." Rainbow dash surprisingly soared next to him.

Craigulus began to laugh.

"Oh, Dash. Your freaking cool, but I know that you already know that!"

As they all laughed, they turned to walk back to their living quarters. Luna and the rest joked and laughed long into the night. Not all was well in the blue alicorn's mind though, as she thought about another horrid possibility.

"What if you die though, my love?"


The God King opened his eyes.

"Hmmmm, so you would be affected if one of your friends died? This could prove to be a nasty weakness for you then!"

The God King turned around to view his massive force.

"ONWARD, TO GRYPHUS! LEAVE NONE ALIVE! TO WAR MY BROTHERS!"

The entire force stretched as far as his eyes could see. They all continued the grand march to the griffon capitol. The fallen king turned forward with a look of hatred in his eyes.

"Craigulus, from the very moment you set foot in this world your fate was sealed. You cannot compare to the likes of the God King!"


Galaxia averted her eyes from the universal mirror. With fury in her eyes, she grew confident in the human.

"You have no idea who you're dealing with, my love."

Author's Note:

I'm starting school tomorrow, so don't expect too much content in the coming month.

Leave a like, comment, and a favorite if you enjoyed reading. Constructive criticism is also appreciated.

Craigulus, out.