• Published 18th Aug 2013
  • 1,307 Views, 25 Comments

SiE - Bubbleshy



My name is Blood Cry. I don't have fur, a cutie mark, hooves, or a snout. The Doctor said I am a hairless ape. Well, hairless minus the mane on my head. Although, like a pony, I do have a tail! A monkey's tail. All I know is I came from the

  • ...
17
 25
 1,307

2 - Years Later

The early morning sun shone through the eastbound window. It illuminated a room whose only occupant had long since awoken for the day. Notes lay all over the bed. All dated and then signed by an ineligible name. As the paperwork became younger, the signature began with a third part. A sir name, Doctor, had been added. "Curse that Firm Roots for his incessant use of calling me Doctor," chimed a grey unicorn at the foot of the bed.

Doc sat next to his bed, studying over all the notes laid out. All began with varying titles, but sharing the name 'Star Child' in each. The vet scratched at his orange mane. "Five years," he muttered. "Five long years, and I still haven't a clue as to what you are, Blood Cry!"

The doctor huffed, and looked over to his dresser. There sat a lit candle, the reason he was able to study so early. He stumbled over to the light fixture and blew it out. Although the sun did provide the light needed to study, Doc had a separate desire for extinguishing the candle.

The vet sat upon his rump, and breathed a heavy sigh. His head lowered itself and he rested for another minute. Finally, the doctor smiled as wide as his lips would allow. He raised his head with a new determination and pronounced to the world, "It's time for your check up Blood Cry!"

His trek to the farm was not a short one. Doc made sure to stop at the local apple market to grab himself some lunch. He slid the fruit into his burlap bag with his fresh paper for the day's notes. This elicited a wink and a click of the tongue from Dancing Needles as she passed. The doctor blushed, but continued on towards the farm. She might have not known why, but every Wednesday when the doctor went out to the farm he almost always needed a new bag.

Far before he got to the grounds of the farm he could hear the shouts of Firm. Doc's ears fell back as he got closer to what was going to welcome him this week. The screams became more prominent the closer he got to the household. Stormy Weather sat on her front porch, smoking a pipe. "Good mornin' to you Storm!" The doctor cursed himself for the simpleton accent that protruded from his mouth. Unfortunately, he could not avoid this feat due to living in such a hick town.

A black pegasi rocked back in her chair as she waved to the vet. She wore a jolted yellow style for a mane and tail. "Mornin' sir! I'm sure you’re here to inspect the little monkey for this week."

"A-actually Storm, he isn't a monkey," the unicorn tried to correct. Soon after, his ears fell flat again due to the screaming. "I take it Firm Roots is-"

"Out back with the little demon and Tornado Flyer. Celestia bless that child, less we couldn't control that beast she also 'blessed' us with!"

Stormy glared towards the side of the house the screaming was coming from. Both of the ponies were welcomed with another series of shouts coming from Roots. "That's right honey! Give him Tartarus."

Doc started getting worried about the Star Child's current predicament, and started inching towards the side of the house. "Well Mrs. Weather, it was nice talking to you again! I'll see you before I leave for the day."

"Yes sir," the mare responded. "Now Doc, you ought to stay for dinner this time around. That little bugger is so much calmer after you've visited. It makes our Thursdays go so well!"

The unicorn gave a nervous laugh and continued around the house. "The last thing I want is to have dinner with you uncivilized ponies," he whispered under his breath. He gave a nice trot before he heard another series of shouts go out.

"Now get yer coatless hide in gear and pull ya varmint!"

Doc decided to pick it up a notch and stride over to the area the trio was currently occupying. He rounded a hill, and before him laid the image of Firm Roots riding atop a stone plow. Blood Cry, who was considerably bigger since he first appeared on the planet, was tied up to the front of it. Cry was wearing the old burlap bag Firm placed him in as a baby as a shirt covering him to his knees. He was meant to be pulling the plow, but instead sat in front of it with a smirk on his disobedient face. "I told ya ta git," Firm shouted before throwing a stick at Blood Cry.

The stick smacked him over the head, which elicited a growl from the little guy. He stood up a bit and Firm began to smile. Only Blood didn't start pulling the plow. He instead lifted the ropes that suspended him and began chewing on them viciously. "Nah! Nah! Don' be chewing that there rope. That's the only thing keepin' you attached."

Firm reached down, picked up a rock from the loose dirt behind the till, and threw it at Blood Cry. The stone struck him square on the side of the head, and the little guy crouched down in pain. Cry held onto his head as his eyes watered from the impact. After a moment, Blood Cry turned to Roots with fury in his eyes. "Now, now, ya lil' vermin. No need ta- HEAD FOR COVER!"

Blood Cry pounced for the plow. Firm Roots fell over from this sudden shock as he screamed of the impending danger. Firm flipped over and ran away as Blood landed on the top of the plow and growled. He watched Firm for a moment before pouncing again. Only this time, the ropes attaching him to the plow snagged him mid-air, and slammed him into the ground.

The unicorn had been filling with anger over this entire sight, but the last tidbit raised his spirits. When he saw Blood Cry get snagged by the till, he saw more than a futile effort of attack. He saw the till come off the ground by at least a foot. The till was huge, to say the least. As wide as three ponies, and as tall as two. Made out of stone, and weighing no short amount. For Cry to pull it off the ground that high was incredible. Actually, more than incredible; it was astonishing!

A pegasi colt sat away from the spectacle. His coat was black, his mane was brown, and his tail was a muddy yellow. An odd assortment, and the brown certainly contrasted with the black, but it definitely showed off his heritage. Tornado bit his lower lip in worry as his father feigned an attack, and winced upon watching Cry being slammed back to the ground. "Bloody, are you okay?" he asked worried about the hairless creature. Cry just simply lay on the ground, choosing to not move out of annoyance.

"Is he - is Bloody okay? That vermin nearly tackled me ta the ground!"

Doc chuckled at this, and stepped forward. "Yes Roots, I believe that is the normal reaction for one who has had a rock thrown at his head!"

Blood Cry twitched at the sound of the good doctor’s voice. His tail went up and flicked around before he pushed himself onto his elbow. He looked around excitedly until his eyes settled on the vet. Cry jumped to his feet making a jubilant noise. He pulled gently at the rope as it slid right off, and ran over to the doctor. He sat down next to him and looked up at him bewildered as the doctor smiled down at Cry. Blood Cry's tail swung back and forth.

"Ah! Mornin' Doc! Was hopin' you'd show up soon and cheer that thing up enough to get it to do some chores. Funny how it took me until sunrise to get those straps on him before he woke, and yet he just shrugs them off so easily. I tied them tight enough to cut the circulation off a pony's limb!"

The doctor looked at Roots disapprovingly. "Why would you subject him to such torture? He may be older now, but the boy is still just a child!"

"Child or not Doc, the little thing can pack a wallop," Firm Roots mentioned as he approached the vet. Right as he got within a yard of him, Blood Cry turned to him growling and reached out to snap at the earth pony. Firm fell on his rump in shock, and tried to sprawl away from the hungry mouth of the alien. "Help! He's gonna eat me."

"Will you look at those beauties," the doctor exclaimed merrily. Cry, Firm, and Tornado all looked at him questioningly. Cry smiled up at the doctor as he sat down and took off his bag. "Now open!" Cry's eyes went wide as he realized what Doc was asking of him and opened his mouth as wide as he could manage. For added emphasis, he even splayed his tongue out to the side.

Doc took this as a welcomed invitation, and brought a hoof up to the star child's mouth. He gently moved Cry's lips and tongue out of the way as he thoroughly examined the teeth within. Firm sat up and stared at this display with the utmost disgust and horror. Tornado just smiled and trotted up to the pair. "Cool!" he proclaimed.

The vet finished his inspection by lightly tapping on a tooth to make sure Cry's enamel wasn't being inhibited by his improper diet. "Well, he certainly is forming quite a carnivorous set in that little muzzle of his." Doc pushed Cry's mouth shut and ruffled the Star Child's hair a bit. Cry giggled in response, and started looking around like a busy little monkey.

"My turn! My turn!" Tornado shouted as he got up to Cry. Cry turned to the colt and smiled in response. "Bloody! Open!" Blood Cry responded in suit, and opened his mouth on command to the colt. "Neatest trick ever!" Tornado stated as he reached a hoof towards Cry's snout.

"Tornado! Don't you dare go poking around that things mouth. You have no idea when he'll snap at you. Tartarus, I'm surprised the doc was so anxious to put his hoof in the little beast's mouth." As Firm spoke, he approached the group. Only once he got too close, Cry made it all too aware to every pony that he didn't appreciate this by turning and growling at the earth pony. "Now don't you dare give me that -" Firm would have continued with his scolding, but changed for a more honest scream as Cry leaned over to bite the pony. Lucky for Firm, Cry missed by a long shot. But he was aggressive enough to scare Firm away.

Doc chuckled to himself as Firm Roots ran off in fear. Blood Cry stood on his four paws, and raised his back up growling. He scratched at the dirt, as though ready to charge at any moment. Cry didn't have enough fur to expand and look menacing, but his tail still shot in the air and fluffed up. Something about that jump seemed out of place though. If Cry could lift a plow, surely he could have easily made it to Firm Roots. Obviously the little one had held back, knowing he could probably snap the pony in two at any moment.

Doc had a mischievous smile on his face as an idea ran through his head. "Alright everypony! It's time to experiment. Let's test just how powerful this little Star Child has gotten."

Author's Note:

Sorry for taking so long. Real life got busy as this got good ratings. I may disappear for two weeks come next week, but hopefully I'll find access to a computer to work on this.

I'm hoping to publish a new chapter now either during the weekends or Mondays. Hopefully this beginning won't take too much longer. It should only be another two or three chapters before the story kicks off!

Thanks to NightmareKnight for the edits!