• Published 11th Aug 2013
  • 2,428 Views, 31 Comments

The Eternal Day - Spiceywolf15



What would have happened if Nightmare moon never existed but instead Luna choose to keep the night awway from Equestria, leaving it bathed in eternal day?

  • ...
4
 31
 2,428

Chapter 3

*** The Next Day ***

Daisy walked in front of the contingent of elite batpony guards in front of her. She examined their armor and weapons. These were the elite? These were the specially trained ponys? Pathetic... She thought to herself. They wouldn't last five minutes against a dragon, much less Rainbow Thunder and Celestia. She stopped in the middle of the group and looked at the soldiers head on.

"Alright listen up here!" She said commandingly, "Our princess is doing her thing. She always has, but now she is determined to get respect! Celestia doesn't like it! Are you going to let sun butt stop Luna!?"

A mumbling came through the small crowd of guards and Daisy grunted annoyed, "With an attitude like that you should just kill yourselves now! I said: Are you going to let Celestia stop Luna from getting the respect she deserves!?"

This time a roaring answer of various no's.

Daisy chuckled to herself, "Good. Now you all have your orders, go to your stations and report to me every hour!"

The guards yelled an affirmative and hurried to carry out her orders. At least they were somewhat competent. Daisy went to Luna's Chambers and walked in, "Princess are you doing ok?"

"Lets give it one more day Daisy. I will let the sun set tomorrow," Luna responded looking out the window.

Daisy walked next to her old friend, "That would be wise. My scouts said Celestia is in the Everfree looking for something."

Luna looked shocked, "The elements? No... Why would she? Dammit Tia..."

Daisy listened quietly taking a moment to realize what Luna was talking about, "The elements of Harmony? She knows that your power is almost even to hers, that you have more potent combat magic then her, and that in single combat you would defeat her. She would need them if she was going to challenge you Luna."

Luna looked at Daisy, "Can your scout be trusted?"

Daisy looked almost offended at the accusation, "Of course he can!"

Luna nodded, "Yes, of course. Why would i think otherwise?"

Daisy put her wing around the princess, "Luna, you don't need to fight your sister, there's no telling what would happen if she were to use the elements on you.

Luna shook her head, "No, this ends tomorrow, no sooner, no later."

Daisy nodded understanding the conviction that Luna had.

"Oh and Daisy," Luna said moving to the bed. Luna's horn glowed and a long box came out from under it as she continued, "I have something for you. I know you are good with that spear, but it is to long for you. Thus, I had these re-forged for you, as I know they're your favorite weapon."

Luna opened the box to reveal a pair of weapons. The weapons were hoof attached and looked to be made of solid gold, although Daisy knew a weapon made out of solid gold would be pointless as it would break easily. On each side a long claw jutted out of the hoof attached part, and at the base of each of the claws a ruby sat embedded. Daisy looked at them and removed her shoes. She put the claws on smiling like a filly who just got her first kiss.

"Thank you Luna..." Daisy breathed marveling at the claws.

*** Late The Next Day ***

Celestia carried each of the elements of harmony in her magical aura, she could feel the energy flow through her as she walked through Hoofington. Rainbow Thunder walked next to her, hes spear drawn and held at his side with his wing. behind them marched over a hundred of Celestia's royal guards.

Celestia hated the thought of it but she knew this needed to be done. This had to end now, before the crops withered away completely and left ponies starving. As she approached the gate to Hoofington Castle Daisy appeared, seemingly out of thin air, barring the way; the shadows seeming to grow longer and darker around them

"Move aside Daisy," Rainbow Thunder said from next to her stepping forward and gripping his spear in his right hoof, preparing to fight Daisy. The blade of the spear began to cackle with electricity.

Daisy stood her ground unfazed and said to them both, "This will end today Celestia, but I would rather not kill you and my brother before it does."

Celestia stepped forward and said, "Then stand aside guard, before I move you."

Daisy smiled, "I always did wonder whether you Alicorns were truly immortal gods, or if a sharp blade could kill you like anypony else."

Celestia was taken aback by this comment. Just then Daisy smiled evilly, vanished in a poof of smoke, and stabbed at the princess with her left claw. Suddenly Rainbow Thunder was there, his electrified spear catching the Daisy's claw just before it struck the princess down. Celstia leapt out of the way as Rainbow brought the shaft of the spear at the bat pony. Daisy vanished in a poof of smoke and reappeared behind the pegasus. Several of Celestia's guards charged her but Daisy's own soldiers intercepted them. Soon the field in front of the castle was a giant brawl of ponies.

Celestia watched in horror as the siblings fought. She had expected it but to see them going out to kill each other was more then she could handle. She shook it off and prepared the elements of harmony to fire at Daisy. But the mare was smart, she was sure to either move out of the line of fire fast enough that Celestia couldn't hit her or kept Rainbow in between them.

And then Celestia stepped back in shock as Daisy sunk her claws into Rainbow's stomach, then sent a spear of darkness through him. Daisy removed her claws and the Pegasus stallion fell over unconscious and bleeding.

Just then the door to the castle blew open and Luna ran into the fight.

"Stop! Stop fighting!!" Luna screamed at the ponies. Slowly the fighting died down, there were several dozen wounded guards but overall nopony was dead. Except maybe Rainbow Thunder. Daisy stepped back looking at the stallion in shock of what she had done.

Luna ran up to Rainbow thunder and turned him onto his back and pressed her horn to his wounds. She could feel his life draining away with her magic. Luna's horn glowed and after several seconds Rainbow's wounds began to close and his breathing became normal. Daisy ran up to him and hugged him.

"Rainbow I'm so sorry! I-I..." Daisy said tearing up.

Rainbow stroked her mane, "Its ok Daisy, I didn't expect anything less..."

Luna watched the two before looking to her sister and walking up to her. Luna closed her eyes and her horn glowed as she walked, and the sun set, allowing the moon to rise. The princesses looked at each other and Luna looked away ashamed.

"I-I'm sorry Tia. I never meant for this to happen..."

Celestia embraced the younger princess of the night, "Its ok Luna... I understand why you did it, although I do not truly know how you feel."

Luna looked at the ponies walking out of their homes looking at the sky in awe, admiration, relief, and joy. Luna smiled, "I think they finally respect it Tia. I just hope it lasts."

Celestia looked over and nodded, "Yes, I think so as well."

Luna nuzzled her sister and said sadly, "I'm sorry Tia, I really am."

Celestia nodded, "I know you are sister, you did what you thought was right, and I believe everypony has learned something from it. Can you show me the wonders of the stars when we get home LuLu?"

Luna felt tears run down her face when Celestia said that, "Yes sister, yes of course!"

Author's Note:

As always thank you for reading, and please leave feedback below, I love hearing what you have to say.

I will be doing a story on The princess's guards Rainbow Thunder and Daisy Claw next.

Comments ( 12 )

That's it? Talk about horribly anticlimactic

3154587 true, where is the epilogue?

3154587
Yes I realized that today, I will probably come in and edit it when I get some inspiration. At the moment I just felt that I needed to finish it for those people who have been waiting for over a month...
I will do this when my schedule becomes less busy as I am currently back in school and I am in marching band. (Basically I have Sundays off IF my parents don't drag me somewhere)

3276791 It was just approved! ^^ :pinkiehappy:

This ending feels... weird. Luna did apologise, but she also got exactly what she wanted by threatening and essentially bullying all her subjects, who are completely helpless and utterly dependant on her.

6243080
Even if it wasn't the nicest way it forced everyone to see how important the night was. I can't imagine a better way to make them appreciate it by making it disappear. Sometimes people don't appreciate what they have till it gone.

10832297
Sorry, but Luna here deserves no respect. She blackmails helpless people into worshipping her, all for the sake of her ego. She's a bully and a tyrant and she should get NO respect after this. In fact, what should happen is ponies looking to make night possible without cowing to the whims of such a petty person. Keep in mind, the thing she's taking away? They need it to LIVE. She's threatening their LIVES. She says she'll stop before anyone dies... but I don't trust her. Not after what she's doing. She's too petty.

Moreover, yes, she taught the ponies to respect the night... that does NOT mean SHE should be respected. That's pure hubris. She's already a princess, and yet, she acts like her life is unbearably hard. She lives in a castle, with guards and servants and meals provided to her and she has no real care in the world, all she really has to do is bring nighttime, and yet, she THINKS she's not getting enough out of the deal. Petty, privileged, arrogant, vain. Luna here is many things, but respectable is not one of them.

She needs to be deposed, and quick.

10832471
I doubt moving the moon as easy as you think it was. Considering if she wasn't an alicorn it would be incredibly difficult for her to do. Plus don't forget about her dream duty . And just because she a princess doesn't mean she got sit around doing nothing. Considering it used to take 5 unicorns to move the sun and moon and they used suffer burnout from the job which meant no more magic it was a big job. Plus everyone deserves to appreciate for their work once in a while. Celestia couldn't easily handle dream duty.

I was hoping for a different ending. Like if Celestia ended up raising the moon and either luna fought her for it or threw away her crown at not even being needed and left in self exile

11112044
I was hoping Luna would go to the other side of the world and keep the moon there while taking the stars with her. Let the ponys of Equestria enjoy the night of no moon and stars

11383829
That works too. Just something making Luna independent or less of a yes mare

11371892
I'd argue it's a transaction. They aren't slaves, they're paid and respected for their jobs, the builders were paid, everyone paid off(I would assume so anyways). Just lay them off, and all debts are settled. No one wants to be respectful to the night, cool. Luna stops doing her job & lays everyone off, as they don't need to do theirs. Let the castles fall into disrepair, who cares? Only support yourself at this point, no one will notice if it's so unnecessary. Not go, "Oh, here's the deeds to the castles for the hundreds of you servants to split, on top of your wages. Enjoy arguing over that."

Login or register to comment