• Published 11th Aug 2013
  • 2,427 Views, 31 Comments

The Eternal Day - Spiceywolf15



What would have happened if Nightmare moon never existed but instead Luna choose to keep the night awway from Equestria, leaving it bathed in eternal day?

  • ...
4
 31
 2,427

Chapter 2

***One Week Later: Canterlot Castle***

Celestia stormed about the castle, her guards searching frantically to find her sister. She looked at her captain, Rainbow Thunder. "Have you had any luck?"

He shook his head, "No your highness."

Celestia growled in anger and looked into the sky. She concentrated and her horn glowed as the sun began to move slowly to its setting position, but, as had been happening frustratingly often, it refused and simply turned around to its noonday position.

"Dammnit! What the hay is Luna thinking? She has to know how much this will hurt the citizens of Equestria!" She cried exasperatedly.

"Princess Celestia!!" A pegasus guard called sprinting through the hallway to her. He stopped before her and gave a quick bow breathing hard, "Princess Celestia, I found her carriage at the Hoofington Castle," the guard said between breathes.

"Hoofington?" Celestia muttered nodding to the guard, "Captain Rainbow, Call of the search and meet me at the royal carriage."

Rainbow Thunder nodded and ran off calling to stop the search to anypony within earshot. Celestia looked at the pegasus, "Thank you. Go get some rest, you have been flying hard and it is fairly hot out this blasted day."

The guard nodded, "Thank you Princess," He then walked off, his wings drooping.

Celestia then trotted quickly out the front door of the castle where her carriage waited, two pegasi already harnessed up to it. Celestia stepped in and sat down, waiting for her guard captain. Several minutes passed and the large pegasus stallion joined her. "Hoofington Castle," Celestia said to the guards curtly. The took off immediatly.

***

Luna looked out the window of the castle over the city. Some of the citizens had managed to fall asleep but most were in the shade, and some were panicking. Luna looked over at Daisy and said, "I feel terrible... Perhaps this was not such a good idea..."

Daisy looked at Luna, "Princess, there's something my mother told me once as a filly. If you're going to do something, put your all into it, no matter how difficult. otherwise You might as well not bother. I honestly do not agree with your decision to keep the night away from Equestria. But I do believe that they will see your night for what it is. Not only as something beautiful that you slave over just for them, but as something of necesity. Something to help them sleep, to help their crops grow."

Luna sighed and looked down, then back out the window. Daisy was right, this would work to show the ponies of Equestria the necessity of her night. Not only that they would give her the respect she deserved. But was it worth this? Was it truly worth letting them come to harm?

A knock on the door interrupted her thoughts. She looked at the door and Daisy looked through the keyhole. "It's your sister, shall I let her in princess," Daisy asked Luna.

Luna nodded, "Yes." Daisy took her spear in hoof, just in case, and opened the door. She stood next to it on her hind legs, her spear helping her to balance as Celestia stormed in.

"Luna, what is the meaning of this?!" She exclaimed, "The lakes are drying up and crops are withering! Why have you done this?!" Rainbow was standing next to Celestia, his own sword held by his side with the help of his wing in case Luna attacked.

"I always thought you were so wise sister," Luna said looking at her, "But I guess I was wrong. Do you truly not know why I have done this?" As she finished speaking her voice took on an air of anger.

Celestia looked at her sister angrily, "I don't care why you're doing it, but I do care that it's going to cause major and permanent harm if you don't stop soon!"

Luna merely shook her head at her sister and looked outside, "Of course you don't care. You never did. Not when I was being ignored. My night and the work I put into it being shunned by everypony. Including you. You never even noticed my pain. For centuries our subjects have ignored me. Ignored my night, I do not even get the respect I deserve for my work when I walk through the streets of canterlot!!!" She finished, her voice growing louder with every word until she turned and yelled at the princess of the sun, "YOU PUT IN LESS THEN HALF THE WORK I DO AND YET YOU GET ALL THE LOVE FROM OUR SUBJECTS, YOU GET ALL THE RESPECT, YOU GET EVERYTHING!!! AND WHAT DO I GET?! NOTHING, I GET NOTHING AT ALL FROM ANYPONY!!!" Luna was now breathing hard, tears flowing freely from her eyes.

Celestia however had backed up some, her left forehoof lifting into the air, her mouth was agape and she seemed to shrink under her sister. She looked at the now crying mare in front of her and gulped. Her mouth was dry and her eyes were wet. "L-Luna..." was all she managed to say before Luna continued to rant at her.

"AND YOU NEVER NOTICED!!! YOU NEVER SAW HOW MUCH I WAS HURTING!!!" Luna's throat was growing hoarse and she closed her eyes, tears still flowing, "The worst part is that you never saw Tia... I will bring the night back when I get the respect I deserve..."

Celestia steeled herself and put her lifted hoof down, "Sister... if you keep this up much longer I will be forced to do something drastic..." She then tuned and ran off crying heavily, Rainbow sheathing his weapon and following close behind.

Luna watched her sister leave and collapsed on the ground crying. Daisy sheathed her spear and hugged the younger princess. "Its okay Luna... you said what needed to be said... But you should heed your sister's advice."

Luna nodded and nuzzled her old friend crying on her shoulder and taking in her comfort. "Y-yes... but not yet... Like you said. I need to put my all into this, I will not let this last long enough to kill anypony; I swear it."

Author's Note:

Again please leave feedback, I love to hear what you have to sat, hopefully I can get the next chapter posted soon. I will also edit the previous chapter soon as some people have made notes of errors in it for me. Thank you for the feedback everyone who gave it!