• Published 20th Jul 2013
  • 3,600 Views, 110 Comments

Fighting is Magic: Story Mode (Mane Six Edition) - SuperPinkBrony12



A potential story mode for the ill fated project Fighting is Magic. Princess Celestia creates the first annual Equestria Battle Tournament and everyone has their eye on the prize. Including our six heroines, and some familiar foes.

  • ...
10
 110
 3,600

PreviousChapters Next
Pinkie Pie: Pinkie Pie v.s. Princess Celestia

As Rainbow Dash took her seat the crowd went wild. Pinkie Pie was quite the unexpected entry and the fact that she had come this far was a surprise to everyone, including her friends. That didn't stop everyone from chanting "Pinkie Pie!" over and over again.

"I must admit I did not expect you to make it this far Pinkie Pie." Princess Celestia said "You have certainly produced quite the upset."

"Why thank you Princess." Pinkie Pie said "I'm going to enjoy this fight no matter what."

"I know." Princess Celestia said "But please take this fight seriously, if it's not too much to ask. I want a worthy opponent."

"You've got nothing to worry about." Pinkie Pie said "I can be serious if I need to be."

"I hope so." Princess Celestia said "Because your fight with me will not be easy. And having watched all your battles, I will not be easy to defeat."

"Well you should know that you can't predict me Princess." Pinkie Pie said "I'm not an open book like Twilight or Rainbow Dash. I'm full of surprises. Always have and always will be."

"Then I guess we'll soon find out if you have what it takes to go all the way." Princess Celestia said "And if you lose, don't say I didn't warn you."

"I was just about to say that." Pinkie Pie said "But enough chit chat. The comedy routine can wait. Let's fight!"

"Okay then." Princess Celestia said "Pinkie Pie are you ready?"

"Ready when you are!" Pinkie Pie said "This is gonna be fun."

"Round 1, Fight!" Princess Celestia said.

"Consider this a taste of what I'm capable of." Princess Celestia said, charging up her horn and firing off a blast of magic. Pinkie Pie barely dodged it.

"Not bad Princess," Pinkie Pie said "Not bad at all." She then raced forward, intending to hit Princess Celestia with a punch. But Princess Celestia dodged it and countered with a kick.

"You'll have to do better then that if you want to beat me." Princess Celestia said.

"I know." Pinkie Pie said.

"Stay focused Pinkie Pie!" Twilight said "You have to take this fight seriously!"

"Don't you dare think of losing this!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Just relax girls." Pinkie Pie said "It's not about whether you win or lose. It's how you play the game."

"Words of wisdom, Pinkie Pie." Applejack said "But all the same, you can't forget what you're fighting for."

"I'm aware of that, Applejack." Pinkie Pie said "This fight is just getting started. Princess Celestia hasn't seen the full extent of my power yet."

"I sure hope so." Fluttershy said.

"Did you forget about me?" Princess Celestia asked.

"Nope." Pinkie Pie said "Now see what you think of this." She pulled out her party cannon and fired it. Seemingly into thin air.

"I hope you weren't aiming at me." Princess Celestia said "Because if you were you missed by a mile."

"Of course I wasn't aiming at you." Pinkie Pie said, grabbing Princess Celestia and throwing her "I just needed a distraction, and you fell for it."

"That was a very bold move." Rarity comented "I just wish I had thought of that."

"Me too." Twilight said.

"Now that was an unexpected surprise." Princess Celestia said "You should really give yourself a pat on the back. Because I don't make the same mistake twice. So let's see just how random you really are."

"Are you sure about that Princess?" Pinkie Pie asked "Cause you might just regret it."

"I'll be fine." Princess Celestia said.

"Well if you're sure." Pinkie Pie said. She raced forward again, at first looking like she was going to throw a punch. Princess Celestia dodged, only to fall victim to a last minute change, a swift mid level kick. It very nearly brought her to her knees.

"Was that random enough for you Princess?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"Hardly." Princess Celestia said "But at least I know this fight will be enjoyable."

"Good." Pinkie Pie said, delivering a powerful punch.

The fight seesawed back and forth as time passed. Pinkie Pie managed to deliver a few good hits from time to time, but Princess Celestia always recovered too fast to make combos possible.

Both fighters soon gained lots of bruise marks and became fatigued, panting heavily.

"30 seconds remaining." Princess Celestia said, her legs looked like they could give way at any minute.

"You're pretty good Princess." Pinkie Pie said.

"You're doing a really good job yourself." Princess Celestia said "But I'm not done yet."

"Neither am I." Pinkie Pie said "But why don't you make the first move?"

"Very well then." Princess Celestia said. She raced forward, using her wings to propel her and slowly started charging up her horn.

"Big mistake Princess!" Pinkie Pie said, dodging at the last moment and delivering a quick uppercut.

Princess Celestia barely managed to remain standing. "Time up." she said. "By decision Pinkie Pie wins round 1."

"Well that was interesting." Twilight said.

"You almost had her Pinkie Pie." Rainbow Dash said.

"I know." Pinkie Pie said "But for a while there I wasn't sure if I was gonna make it. It was kind of touch and go."

"Nonsense darling, you did great." Rarity encouraged "Just keep it up in the next round. You're almost there."

"You can do it. We're behind you all the way." Fluttershy said.

"Remember to keep your eye on the prize, and focus." Applejack instructed.

"And don't underestimate Princess Celestia." Twilight said "She is a force to be reckoned with."

"I know you can do it Pinkie!" Rainbow Dash said "This is gonna be so awesome!"

"You think so?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"I know so." Rainbow Dash said.

"Aw shucks." Pinkie Pie said. She then felt her stamina being restored, and her wounds being healed by Princess Celestia.

"Well, it's show time!" Pinkie Pie said "Wish me luck girls."

"Are you kidding? After all you've been through you don't need luck." Applejack said.

"Applejack's right Pinkie." Twilight said "Just relax and do your best."

"You're the best. All of you." Pinkie Pie said.

"Are you ready Pinkie Pie?" Princess Celestia asked.

"Ready to win!" Pinkie Pie said proudly.

"Don't get ahead of yourself Pinkie Pie." Princess Celestia said.

"I won't." Pinkie Pie said.

"Round 2, Fight!" Princess Celestia said.

From the get go the fight quickly began to seesaw. Princess Celestia seemed to be almost flawless as she executed attack after attack without leaving any openings. Pinkie Pie did the same but most of the time she just barely dodged Princess Celestia's attacks.

"It's Party Cannon time!" Pinkie Pie said, pulling out her party cannon and firing it. Princess Celestia dodged it.

"A little word of advice Pinkie Pie." Princess Celestia said "Next time, don't call out your attacks like that."

"Oh, oops." Pinkie Pie said.

"Oops is right." Princess Celestia said as she fired off a blast of magic. Pinke Pie barely dodged it.

"Come on Pinkie Pie!" Rainbow Dash said "Stop fooling around!"

"Rainbow Dash! Can't you see she's trying her best?" Twilight scolded.

"Well her best isn't good enough!" Rainbow Dash said "She needs to step it up!"

"She can only do so much Rainbow Dash." Fluttershy said.

"Well I know she has what it takes to win!" Rainbow Dash said.

"Don't be so impatient Rainbow Dash!" Twilight said "I'm sure Pinkie Pie knows what she's doing."

"I highly doubt that." Rainbow Dash said "Pinkie Pie's a wild card. It's anyone's guess as to what she'll do."

"Then why are you so concerned?" Applejack asked "If she does lose then it's not the end of the world. This is only round 2."

"But if Princess Celestia wins she'll gain confidence, and Pinkie Pie won't stand a chance." Rainbow Dash said.

"Rainbow Dash, this isn't your fight so kindly keep your nose out of it. You're not Pinkie Pie's coach." Rarity said.

"I just don't want her to lose." Rainbow Dash said.

Pinkie Pie couldn't help but overhear the conversation. She knew Rainbow Dash was right, to some extent anyway. She wasn't fighting at 100 percent and she needed to fix that. But what could she do? Suddenly, an idea sprang into her head. It was a long shot but it just might work.

But she had to wait for the right moment. In the mean time she continued to fight to the best of her ability. As time passed the two fighters became bruised and battered, their stamina dropped rapidly. This time however Princess Celestia seemed to have no trouble standing, but Pinkie Pie looked like she might collapse at any moment,

"30 seconds remaining." Princess Celestia said.

"This is it." Pinkie Pie thought to herself "At this point it's all or nothing."

"This has been very entertaining." Princess Celestia said "But I'm afraid it has to end."

"Not on my watch!" Pinkie Pie said, racing forward.

If Princess Celestia was worried she didn't show it. She simply charged up her horn, preparing to deliver a fully charged magic blast.

"You're going down Princess Celestia!" Pinkie Pie said. Princess Celestia didn't have time to dodge or block and prepared herself for the worst. Instead of throwing a punch or kick however, Pinkie Pie whipped out her party cannon.

"What in the name of the creator?!" Princes Celestia exclaimed.

"Surprise!" Pinkie Pie said, pressing the trigger button. In pure shock Princess Celestia's horn seemed to develop a mind of it's own, and blasted Pinkie Pie, who took the fully charged blast head on.

There was a blinding flash and everyone gasped. Would Pinkie Pie survive the attack? After a few tense moments the flash faded, and the smoke cleared. There, laying on the ground, were both Pinkie Pie and Princess Celestia.

"Double K.O." Princess Celestia muttered "The winner of this match, and the Equestria Battle Tournament, is Pinkie Pie."

"I won?" Pinkie Pie asked.

"She won?" Rainbow Dash asked.

"She actually won?" Twilight asked "Well now I've seen everything."

"Same here." Applejack said.

"Yay! I won!" Pinkie Pie cheered. Ignoring her injuries she stood up and started bouncing around "I won! I won! I won!" Needless to say that wasn't a very smart move "Ouch!" All that bouncing really put a strain on Pinkie's exhausted muscles. She stopped bouncing and sat down. "Well, I've felt better." she said with a smile "But at least I know Mr. and Mrs. Cake will be okay. That's all really matters." She then felt herself being healed by Princess Celestia.

"That was an amazing victory Pinkie Pie!" Princess Celestia said "And you managed to pull off quite the upset."

"I know." Pinkie Pie said "And who would've guessed when I first started out." This produced a laugh from everyone.

PreviousChapters Next