• Published 14th Jul 2013
  • 965 Views, 35 Comments

Don't Leave Me Now - Harmony_Charmer



Princess Celestia is sick, and she may die. She summons Twilight Sparkle to her bedside. Will Twilight lose her beloved mentor?

  • ...
4
 35
 965

Is This Goodbye?

"Princess Celestia?! PRINCESS! Wake up. Please!" Twilight Sparkle collapsed to the floor, tears streaming from squinting eyes, her face masked with depression. She cradled her mother-figure, and snuggled into her chest, while sobbing loudly. A small titter made her pause. She looked up, and searched Celestia's face for any twitches, movements. Any signs of life. The princess' eyelids closed even tighter, then slowly opened, revealing her shining pink eyes. They searched blindly, until they focused on a certain purple pony, her face swollen with emotion. The princess gasped in air, swallowing as much as she could, and filled her failing lungs.

"Twilight," she started, "I have not much life left." Twilight tried to interrupt, but Celestia cut her off with a slight twitch of her hoof. "I need you to take over raising the sun for me." A fit of coughs shook her entire body, she curled up into a white ball and as she coughed, Twilight could see splatters of blood staining her marble coat as she coughed up blood. "No! Princess! Please, hold on for me! I will be back in one day.

"Princess Celestia suddenly turned limp, falling with a muffled thump on the bed. Three guards, a doctor, and Princess Luna ran over to her, and heard her breathing heavily. Twilight released her breath cautiously, and sprinted out of the door.

Spike was waiting nervously outside of the large wooden doors, hearing voices, but they fell apart before they met his tiny dragon ears. He nearly squealed when Twilight burst through the door. Her face was caked with tears, old and new, her face scrunched with determination. Her horn started to dimly glow purple, and so did Spike. He started to levitate, and traveled over to Twilight's back. Once the magic had left, a gust of wind struck him in the face.

"Twilight? What's going on?" Spike leaned over slightly, putting all of his weight into his thighs to keep his balance.

"We must go and find a cure for Princess Celestia. If I know anypony who knows how, it'd be Zecora." Twilight's hooves started pounding on the ground like a drum, steady and loud. Twilight raced toward Ponyville quickly, and passed each one of her friends, and each one surprised to see Twilight moving so fast. They didn't attempt to follow, as they saw that independent look on her face, and the quick shake of the head Spike gave each one.

As Twilight galloped into the Everfree Forest, A thick mist had descended on Equestria, making the forest even more creepy as it surrounded the wild plants and animals. Twilight went faster. She approached a large tree with a door on the side. Torches were set up on each side, the flames swayed curiously. Twilight slowed to a jog, used her magic to open the door for her, and trotted in. The place was very cluttered, yet everything was organized neatly. Native wooden pony masks hung in every corner of the one roomed house. From behind a large black cauldron a white pony with black stripes peeked over top of the rim. Her large mo-hawk was striped like her body. The zebra stepped out from behind the pot, and put down the small bottle in her mouth. Her golden hoop earrings jingled like her necklace and bracelets, and stole light and shot bright beams everywhere. Her flank held a gray swirl with triangles surrounding it, like a sun a filly would draw.

"Twilight, you come barging in, with tears in your eyes.Whatever the problem, this was not very wise." Zecora furrowed her brow, and stuck out her bottom lip. Her pout had some sort of magic in it, causing Twilight's legs to wobble. She shook her head to clear her mind.

"Zecora, stop with the magic. Princess Celestia is dying and I need a cure." Spike hopped down from Twilight's tense back and went to stare at a mask of a dragon, wooden horns painted a rusty colour jutted out from above his evil eyes.

"I know of only one thing, but it needs a sacrifice; a half of a Pegasus wing. Without this, the spell will not cure. The flesh must be of a single Pegasus who's pure." Zecora looked down and shook her head. She picked up the bottle she carried earlier, and poured the clear liquid into her cauldron. She looked at Twilight and said, "I will begin to make the brew. You should think of the right thing to do."

Zecora explained to Twilight how this potion could cure any rare, deadly illness, but to heal one life, another life must be taken. When Twilight asked who, Zecora replied, "Someone close, someone daring. Someone loyal, someone caring." With moist eyes, Zecora turned and worked on the potion.

Spike ran over as Twilight walked out the door. "Did you figure out how to save Princess Celestia?" He asked innocently. Twilight's eyes faded, turning distant, "I'm afraid I have to do something terrible, Spike. To save one life, Zecora says, I have to take a life in return." Tears started to flow from Twilight's eyes once more. Spike realized how unstable she was, and cautiously asked, "and who's life must you take?" Twilight stopped walking.

"Rainbow Dash."

Author's Note:

I'm sorry, I love Rainbow Dash. But, being the Element of Loyalty, she was the best candidate to try to save Celestia's life...