• Published 15th Jul 2013
  • 612 Views, 2 Comments

Rhetorical Questions - The Notebook



Her special talent of finding and exploiting the one weakness everyone shares in common: the heart.

  • ...
0
 2
 612

Ch. 3 Resolving Good Aftermath

I stayed six weeks. To put it simply I was still semi-confused about what I wanted. The choices were stayed as were my wants. But we're those just lusts in my mind. A clinging form a embryo that was myself in the past, as it tried to grow again.

I had refused it.

I was on the train station still pondering to myself. "To be or Not to be." That was a question no one had ever answered correctly, as there was no right or wrong answer.

To be in love with someone is the double edged sword all must carry with caution. Not to be able to wield it is the problem in my case. I can't hold it on my own and call upon the one I want to help but then thinking I can hold ground against the fears I try to raise it alone and shove the other away. There is a reason love takes two things. 'Cause somethings are too much of a burden to handle by one hoof.

My own talent in a sense, unknown to me. My cutie mark was more than just a dark past it was the embodiment of a loving heart. Everything comes with a price tag. From clothes to accessories. I was never able to ponder this clearly until now.

My price tag came for free. But it was followed by my need for pain as backlash. My price like everyone's was different. Noteworthy's came with sorrow and endless misery he burdens on himself. Finally I remembered what I had found off of those six mares.

Twilight a knowledge so vast that very few could actually love and understand her minds capacity, like a endless library in need of a librarian willing to care for it.

Pinkie a mask, I saw through that mask long ago. A dark side that is cruel and unforgiving to those who wish to try and harm in anyway. A laughing justice. A smiling mask and laughing psychopath that didn't even understand the meaning of the word "happiness".

Rarity was simplistic, she wasn't free though. She came with a heavy fee and never took that fee lightly. She was always into large, handsome, and powerful figures making her impossible to break to a lower class, as in dirt poor, citizen.

Rainbow dash was loyal, she was the element of loyalty, but that left many gaps in her. The price she had was much like mine yet different all the same. Hers was punctured in many places. From her insecurity and fears she was all around a pitiful yet great specimen. She had that "Cheer up or ill make you" gusto that everyone admired. But when she thought the sword was lighter alone she would back away. Not from the love, but the need of having a partner in the act of holding a sword.

Moving onto the train, I pondered Fluttershy. I knew not a lot of her and that was the key fact as I figured her puzzle out. Her price came with seclusion a endless need to be anti-social because she didn't really know how TO BE social. Her friends were one thing, but the town.

Even Applejack and her little sister Applebloom had tags. Strange one sure, but they were tags that had chose to be there and had been put there the first moment they were alive.

What was a price tag a sticker on some cool skate board. A plastic security slip on a nice warm turtle neck, nasty things, or a slip of paper behind a magnifying screen to read a item price.

I truth it was all these things several times over again only it was part of your body. Like a scar or a cutie mark it stayed until death and even after until there is a need for it elsewhere.

"Welcome fillies and gentle colts. This is the conductor speaking, because of icy rails this holiday we aren't going to be moving anywhere for a few hours. We are sorry for the inconvenience."

I sighed as I heard this laying back into the seat I began to doze off. I didn't need to stay awake for a 4, 5 hour wait, right? I mean, sure I was anxious to leave the train, but my ache to see Noteworthy could wait a little longer.

Stupid gutless stallion...


--------------------------

Exie woke to find herself in a strange, yet comforting bed. Her legs were bare of her leg Warmers and boots and she somehow felt trully naked. Noticing a nightstand to her side she looked over the contents. Key to Sew Fine, lamp, marriage band, wait marraige band? How long had she been out. Getting out of the bed, she was immediately bombarded by a small little filly that looked like Notes only with her red hair tipped in blue.

"Momma momma daddy made pancakes!" She said excitedly.

Exie didn't know what had happened, it was strange that this filly called her mother. But the marraige band.

"Good morning dear," said a strangely familiar voice; "how do you like your destiny sunny side up or scrambled?" Asked noteworthy before her dream shattered. The screen was black and movement disappeared. The only movement was from static as she looked around. The screen shrunk and shrunk becoming small almost the size of one of those new phone things.

"What do you desire?"

"Huh?" Exie asked.

"What do you desire." The screen repeated.

"Ummm... To understand what my emotions are telling me. What the hell are you?" Exie asked.

"Your myself and I'm yourself. To understand yourself? You have answered that question already."

"No I haven't what makes you say that?"

"First we ache for his nearness." It hissed.

"So that's normal for a couple."

"Our dream just now." The screen crackled.

"Umm that was a bit more night-"

"You need to wake up and get off miss."

"Huh?"

"Miss please wake up." The screen crackled before she started to fall into the black.

--------------------

I awoke from my dream, the train in Ponyville station. I didn't expect any giant welcome home and I didn't get one, I had told no one that I was coming back so as soon as I got off the train and started into town why did everyone bombard me. Octavia, her DJ cousin, those six tight-nit mares and even Applebloom was out and about and gave me a hug when I walked into town square. I told them all hello returned the hug and kept on.

I was down to the last block. Three houses from his and I had finally decided. I picked up pace and ran to his door. I held up a hoof to knock but the Door opened by the time it came down it was upon Noteworthy's face.

"Oww, sorry I didn't realize you coming back and me opening the door would get me hit." He said. Rubbing his forhead where I had made solid contact.

"You dunce don't be so stupid." I said leaving up I kissed him, which after such a long time felt really good. My heart swelled with a simple fact that he was myself and I was himself. We were two as one at that moment.

He pulled back and pulled me close bringing me in, " Can't have you freezing when you have no idea how much I've been wanting you to be beside me." Noteworthy said cheerfully.

"Dunce... Stop being so gutless." I said playfully shoving him.

"Hey!" He said as if it had hurt.

"Happy hearth's warming." I sighed happily.

"It wasn't happy until you came back. I guess my luck changed a bit."

"I guess it did. If you want to keep that luck you better put a band on it." I said half jokingly.

I finally answered a unanswerable question correctly.

To be or not to be. That's not my question.

Comments ( 2 )

Dude it's the blue stallion in the character list.

Most call him Blues.

I call him by his ACTUAL name Noteworthy.

Login or register to comment