• Published 15th Jul 2013
  • 612 Views, 2 Comments

Rhetorical Questions - The Notebook



Her special talent of finding and exploiting the one weakness everyone shares in common: the heart.

  • ...
0
 2
 612

Ch. 2 Mare Talk.

I fell asleep and almost missed my stop, the most used excuse in the world for transportation. I DID fall asleep though and was now fully charged to see Cashmere. I wasn't happy to be back in Manehattan I promised not to come back unless absolutely nessicary. Well this was nessicary.

To put it in short I had had to run and leap out the door. I barely made it out and as soon as I took a breathe I coughed as if I had liquid in my lunges. Of course this got me various responses from the crowd around me who all seemed fine. Some laughed or scoffed, others glared or stared at me like I was sickly.

This was life here Cruel, cold, and lifeless. Never a caring hoof only lust, selfishness, and large amounts of hormones were in this town. I slowly made my way up the steps, that was until someone tried to touch me. I may have at once never even took second thought about it. But after I don't even remember now, half a year? It doesn't matter, but after all that time in a kind, nice in environment... I had once not thought I would come to enjoy not for it's location, but for the people. Octavia, Noteworthy, Big Mac was a good listener, Those tight bundle of six I don't remember them all personally, but they all welcomed me anyway. Everypony welcomed me without a second thought.

Here, now, this creep, not going to happen. Knowing he was still behind me I quickly reared and let loose. The resounding snap must of been his neck or his jaw. Either way he had payed the price of tufting that number on me. Only a few ponies stopped and stared others who had witnessed it shrugged and kept on giving remark to it all.

Out of the train station and into the city, I began my walk towards the shop some large extent of my life had been spent at. I held no regret of my life here, yet something was rubbing me the wrong way about entering. It felt taboo, but I was always welcome here so... No more hesitating I opened the door and gave a look around, "Cashmere?" I called out looking around.

It was only a moment before my caretaker came out from behind the counter. The old mare moving like she was 20 years younger than her real age as she worked about the store to me. How she did it always baffled me, but that isn't for right now. Right now I needed to talk to her. She was always as lecturing me and yelling at me when I was working here, like swindling for money (and sex), "being on the street corners", everything I was so used to she she lectured me for. She worried for me, but was had enough confidence to know that I could handle myself in most situations.

This was not the same scenario as that. This was me unable to decide what I wanted done. ME! Unable to decide what needed to be done. How I should go about this. I wanted some answers but only one person gave me those in a clear fashion. That was Cashmere.

"Exie? What are you doing her in Manehattan I thought I gave you full control over the 'Sew Fine' in Ponyville? What are you doing here child?" Of course here came the bombardment. I expected as much it had been a while since I had visited.

Alone.

With a packed bag.

"Umm..." I began unsure of how to ask for advice, not to mention my hesitance caught Cashmere's eye. She knew already in some small form what was wrong, but still awaited me to say it.

"I... Noteworthy... I don't know what to do." I said choking to get out the words stuck in my throat. Why was this all SO DAMN DIFFICULT! Good Celestia why was it so hard.

I couldn't think straight, but I think I had begun to cry a little as thoughts of what could be but I didn't want and what couldn't be but I did want. I wanted Noteworthy to be by my side, but I hated his forgiving guts and didn't want to be trapped by him. I wanted to tell him off, but... That wouldn't happen in this life time.

Cashmere pulled me away from the store front and closed the blinds on the few windows. Flipping off the open sign and flipping the door card that said OPEN and CLOSED to CLOSED. Leading me to the back of the store we sat down on the few Couches that existed in this store. It wasn't exactly a coffee shop.

"What is it you can't decide? I heard a Noteworthy and IDK what to do."

The IDK made me look at her like she wasn't the person I knew. This put bit of a smile on her face.

"What a old girl like me can't keep up with the young-in's lingo?" Cashmere said. Chuckling a bit made me feel a bit happier. Just like always Cashmere was there for me.

"So tell me Exie. What's wrong?"

"I... I can't decide how I should go about my newest relationship. I've had him sleep on my door step as an apology to me before all his decision. He always apologizes to me. Everything is always his fault to him. He's a constant suck up, but because of it I always end up feeling much better. But guilty if it was my accident. I love him a lot and I want to be with him I want him here with me now, but... I don't want to be trapped into one sigular jail cell with just him. I want to be able to be who I normally am who I was. That town changed me and I don't feel that way anymore though all the swindling and such. I don't want any of it anymore. I want to only have him, yet I want nothing to do with him and his blue arse." I let off the words came out jumbled and a bit confusing. But I didn't choke this time that was a good sign right?

Cashmere took it all in as if I had stated a hard but simple question. Pondering it all.

"If you love him that is natural self conflict Exie. I at one point felt that way I walked away because I was to afraid of what would trap me. You make him sound like the best stallion in Equastria and that tone of voice you have, it shows how much you care. You came to stay for a while you can question yourself while you stay for a week or two."

I didn't argue with her answer or the offer to stay I simply thanked her and went into the Lounge room.

Author's Note:

I'm sorry for any personalities or traits I messed up.

I have little knowledge of Cashmere and or anything about her. All I figure is- she took off the streets, Basically her Foster mother, strict-ish, caring, and will worry but is confident in Exie's own abilities.

Also I put this to where Exie has changed a bit, no longer having constant sex.