• Published 8th Jul 2013
  • 1,039 Views, 24 Comments

Rarity Steps on a LEGO Brick - Akasuna no Sasori



We all know how much it hurts. But did any of us know how serious it really is?

  • ...
9
 24
 1,039

This is going to be a bad day...

“Sweetie Belle! It’s time to go to mother and father’s house!”

Sweetie Belle didn’t respond, so Rarity walked up the stairs to her little sister’s room.

“Sweetie Belle I said it’s ti-”

Rarity’s mouth dropped open when she walked into Sweetie Belle’s room. The floor was covered in her sister’s LEGOs, and the culprit was sitting across the room from her.

“I’m not going! The Cutie Mark Crusaders are having a meeting tomorrow, and I can’t miss it!”

“Sweetie Belle! Your little club can have its’ meeting without you! We have to go this instant or we’ll be late!”

“No! If you want me to go, then you’re going to have to drag me there!”

“Not a problem!”

Rarity started crossing the room, but the dangers of LEGO bricks were unknown to her. The first one she stepped on made her howl in pain.

“SWEETIE BELLE!”

Rarity’s sister fled into her closet and locked the door.

“Oh! When I get my hooves on you, I’ll...!”

Rarity started to notice the intense pain in her hoof, and sat down to have a look. The LEGO piece was in her hoof, so she tried to pull it out; to no avail.

She couldn't stand up to walk, so she crawled downstairs, then crawled to the kitchen where she dialed 911.

The ambulance arrived at her house within a few minutes, and hauled her away to the hospital. There, she placed in the emergency care unit.

The hospital phoned her parents, and, after they picked up Sweetie Belle, they rushed to the hospital.

“Where’s my daughter?! Is she OK?!” Asked Magnum as he shook the front desk.

A doctor came through the doors leading to the back of the hospital.

“Relax, sir. Are you Rarity’s husband?”

“No, I’m her father! Is she OK?”

“Well, she has sustained a horrible injury to her front left hoof. Thankfully, she was brought in before any infection could set in. However, surgery will be required.”

“SURGERY?!” The family all said together.

“Ay! Please, not so loud in the hospital. Patients are sleeping!”

“Yes, of course, we’re sorry. But surgery? What happened exactly?” Asked Pearl, Rarity’s mother.

“She stepped on a LEGO brick. Specifically, a slanted 4 x 6. The point on that piece is killer.”

Rarity’s mother and father looked confused. Sweetie Belle, however, was unphased.

“She...stepped on a LEGO brick? Are you serious?” Asked Magnum skeptically.

“Sir, you must not understand how dangerous LEGOs can be. I’ve treated patients who’ve walked across whole rooms of spilled LEGOs, and I can assure you: half of them didn’t leave the hospital alive.”

“But....it’s just a LEGO piece....”

“Just a LEGO piece? Sir, your daughter is in the emergency care unit! Does that not prove to you the dangers LEGOs present to unprotected feet?”

Magnum and Pearl just shook their heads.

“But mom! LEGOs really ARE dangerous!”

“Listen to your daughter sir, I beg you. If you don’t take this seriously, your daughter may not walk again!”

“I’ll try to be serious, but please tell me WHY she must be operated on, exactly?”

“Well, the piece lodged itself about 2 in. into her hoof. We’ve been using morphine to keep the pain down, but that won’t keep her foot alive. If the piece is allowed to stay inside, an infection WILL develop, then the hoof will need to be amputated. But if you sign a waiver, we can begin surgery immediately.”

The doctor presented a clipboard to Magnum, and he signed it.

“Very good, sir! Just wait out here and I’ll get your daughter prepped for surgery. The surgery will be done in 3 hours, and you will be allowed to see her in 4.”

The doctor waved goodbye and ran back through the double doors. Now, all the family could do was wait.

The clock ticked away the seconds, minutes, and hours. Finally, the doctor came through the doors, smiling.

“Sir! Your daughter is OK! The surgery went very well, and she should make a full recovery! She will be bedridden for about 2 weeks, but she should be walking after that.”

“Thank you so much, doctor!” Said Magnum as he stood up and shook the doctor’s hoof.

The doctor smiled again, and went through the double doors.

Another hour passed, and a nurse came through the double doors to escort the family to see Rarity.

The nurse brought them to a stop outside the 4th door they passed, and knocked gently while opening the door.

“Rarity, dear! Your family is here to see you!”

Rarity was covered in tubes. She had an IV hooked up to her injured hoof, tubes up her nose, and another set of tubes in her injured hoof, as well.

“Oh, hello father, mother, Sweetie Belle.” She said, drawing out her words slowly.

“Oh darling! I had no idea LEGO pieces could be so dangerous!” Said her mother as she hugged her injured daughter.

The family spent the next few hours together, until it was time for Rarity to get some sleep. She was going to be held overnight in case something unforeseen happened because of the surgery.

Magnum elected to sleep in the lobby, but insisted Pearl and Sweetie Belle go home.

They resisted at first, but eventually gave in.

At home, Pearl went into the kitchen to cook dinner, and Sweetie Belle went upstairs. She went into her room and looked at the mess that caused her sister’s injuries.

“I’m gonna clean you up right now! All of you are going back in the closet and never coming out again!”

As she was cleaning, three of the minifigures stood up and walked over to Sweetie Belle’s desk. Together, they picked up a pen and wrote her a message on a piece of paper. To alert her, they dropped the pen and jumped down into a pile of LEGOs.

“Huh?”

Sweetie Belle walked over to her desk and read the message left behind:

You can’t get rid of us. We’re your favorite toys.

“I didn’t write this, did I? But there’s no way the LEGOs did....they’re toys....”

She shrugged it off, and went back to cleaning.

The minifigures could see she wasn’t getting the message, so they went back to the desk and wrote another message. Signaling Sweetie Belle the same way as last time.

“I must’ve left the pen leaning against something, because it wouldn’t ju-”

Sweetie Belle’s mouth dropped open at the sight of the message written this time.

We’re more than toys, Sweetie Belle. We’re YOUR toys, and we are here to stay forever.

“Th- this can’t be true! What’s going on?!”

Sweetie Belle backed up, but stopped when she heard a voice behind her.

“Hello, Sweetie Belle.”

She turned around, but no pony was there.

“We’re down here, on the floor.”

Sweetie Belle slowly looked down, and screamed when she saw the three minifigures standing on their own.

“How?! Have I gone totally loco in the coco?!”

“No, Sweetie Belle. Just the opposite - your eyes have been opened to the truth, our existence is known to you now.”

“This can’t be real!”

“Oh, it is. We are talking to you. We’re your best friends, and we want to play with you.”

“My best friends are Applebloom and Scootaloo....you guys are just my toys!”

“Your ‘best’ friends aren't’ always there for you. But we are; we’ve jumped inside your backpack and followed you to school. We’ve always watched over you.”

“I...need to think about this....I’m going to bed...” Said Sweetie Belle as she slowly crawled in bed.

“Of course, dear. Take all the time you need...” Said the demonic minifigure as he turned off the lights in the room.

- - - - -

The next day, Pearl woke up early. She wanted to eat breakfast and be out the door before 7 ‘o'clock so they could see Rarity as soon as possible.

She had slept downstairs, so she walked up to Sweetie Belle’s room and knocked.

“Sweetie Belle! It’s time to eat breakfast!”

There was no response, so she knocked again.

“Sweetie Belle? Is everything alright?”

Pearl opened the door and walked in. Her daughter was curled up in a ball on her bed, eyes red and wide open.

“Sweetie Belle! Did you get any sleep last night?”

The little filly didn’t respond.

“Sweetie Belle, what’s wrong?!”

Pearl rushed to her daughter’s side to see what the problem was. Obviously, she hadn’t slept at all, and that was a problem.

“I’m calling the hospital!”

Pearl ran downstairs and dialed 911. The ambulance came and picked both of them up and brought them to the hospital.

While Sweetie Belle was being admitted, here and Magnum went to check on Rarity.

“She didn’t get any sleep? That’s bad, but no reason to bring her to the hospital....”

“Yes it is! There’s something wrong with her! She didn’t talk to me at home, or on the ride here at all!”

“Well, let’s go check up on our other daughter, then we can see what’s up with Sweetie Belle, OK?”

“OK.”

The two unfortunate parents walked into Rarity’s room. She had no problems during the night, and she was ready to go home.

“Don’t worry, honey! We’re taking you home as soon as Sweetie Belle is taken care of!” Said Pearl.

“What’s wrong with her?” Asked Rarity.

“She didn’t get any sleep last night, and she hasn’t said a word to me since last night, either.”

Rarity just shook her head, and got out of bed and into the wheelchair that was waiting for her.. She went with her parents to the front desk where they checked her out, then waited for word on Sweetie Belle.

The same doctor from yesterday came through the doors 20 minutes later. He had the most grim expression on his face.

“Sir, I’m sorry but your daughter isn’t suffering from a physical problem aside from the lack of sleep. She has been mentally traumatized from something. You’re going to have to take her to a friend of mine. She’s a psychotherapist and can help her with whatever is bothering her.”

The doctor gave Magnum a card with the therapist’s information, and rushed back to the room where Sweetie Belle was being kept.

He brought her out, and waved goodbye to the family again.

The walk home was quiet. Magnum couldn't’ believe something had mentally damaged his daughter.

Pearl was upset that BOTH of her daughters had been through such horrible events at the same time.

When they arrived home, Rarity laid down on her couch and prepared herself for the 2 weeks of boredom lying ahead.

Pearl started cooking dinner, and Magnum just sat quietly at the table.

Sweetie Belle had gone upstairs to her room, turned off the lights, and laid down to go to sleep. She was too tired, physically and mentally, to do anything else that day.

As she was going to sleep, something small appeared over the edge of mattress!

She panicked, as the the objects multiplied until there was so many of them she couldn’t count them!

“So, have you thought about what we said?” Said one of the minifigures.

Sweetie Belle screamed as loud as she could.

Magnum heard his daughter’s cries and ran upstairs to her room.

He burst the door, and turned on the lights.

“Sweetie Belle? What’s the matter, dar-”

Sweetie Belle was on her bed, lying in a pool of blood. The minifigures had killed her, because she chose not to be their friend anymore.

Magnum dropped to his knees and cried.

Pearl ran upstairs and was soon at his side, crying after she saw the same sight.

“How could this happen? Who could’ve done this?” Sobbed Magnum.

“We have to call the Royal Guard, Magnum! They need to investigate what happened!”

“You’re right! Crying here won’t do anything to help her now!”

The two parents turned off the lights and left the room; leaving their daughter lying in a pool of blood.

Comments ( 24 )

That's not funny at all.

Comment posted by ElderBrony deleted Jul 8th, 2013

2843991 Please continue!:twistnerd:

"Does that not prove to you the dangers LEGOs present to unprotected feet?"
Bleedin' immersion ruined!

Anyway, yes... that was certainly an interesting read.

2843971 Lighten up! It's just a story

jz1

Hello Equestria, my name is Clutch Powers...

As a lifelong LEGO fanatic, I can tell you know that this is exactly what happens when you tread on an errant piece.

I went to hospital, was bedridden for two weeks and then my minifigs talked to me. I was their friend though. I rule as a just and fair god over my little city.

Sadly, after they took me off the meds, I couldn't talk to my men any more...

2844255 Hahahaha! Thank you for elaborating!

Why would you wish such horrors on Rarity? :raritydespair:

Kidding! This was actually pretty funny.

BTW, your avatar creeps me out. :rainbowlaugh::moustache:

2846937 The Reindeer Doctor watches your every move!

Also, thank you. Not many people appreciate my darker-toned comedy.

B-Best Crusader..? :unsuresweetie: WHY, REINDEER, WHY?! Oh, dear lord! :fluttercry:
But other than that, I nearly died in laughter! I could barely catch my breath. :rainbowlaugh:

3325349 Thank you for your enthusiasm.

I too felt she was the best Crusader, which is why I wanted to kill her >:)

3328055
Could there be a pre-story about this explaining how Sweetie got into LEGO? Maybe a sequel with the minifigs creating vehicles and machines to take over Equestria? Also, these are the three Minifigures I imagine seeing. Chase McCaine, Indiana Jones and Pepper Roni.

3328305 Ah, I am not a brony anymore, and I don't intend to write any new brony fictions.

Okay, I like dark humor, and dark fics. You aren't a brony, but that doesn't mean I have to dislike you. Sorry about the angry comment I wrote earlier. *upvotes story*

3524916 Thank you. I'm glad this little entanglement of ours turned out to be okay in the end.

Despite the comment below the one you made says, I actually am writing two more dark fictions similar to this one, only they happen to humans.

Once again, Stannis, your dark style of writing never dissapoints me! :pinkiecrazy:

3905546 EEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEVERYTHING IS AWESOME! EEEEEVERYTHING IS COOL WHEN YOU'RE PART OF A TEAM!

5707017 Now that I look back on it I regret posting that.

I don't know what to say about this...

Login or register to comment