• Published 7th Jul 2013
  • 727 Views, 27 Comments

Maybe if I get to say - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 39 to the Maybe series Follow the main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess. And how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
4
 27
 727

Chapter 9

Chapter 9 – NightMare Night

The bright town around you filled with hundreds of ponies in colorful costumes and happy ponies is nothing like the name has suggested. You follow Twilight along with most of every other pony as you three walk to the town hall, from what Twilight has told you is to hear from a special speaker.

As you near the big circular two story building you look around to all the stands that they have set up around the area, the air around here is filled with festive music coming from a few ponies on instruments down a little ways from you.

The area around the town hall building has been decorated with a few spooky items but to you most of the stuff just gives you a slight smile.

Violet even seems unfazed by all the costume covered ponies as she trots next to Twilight holding a happy baby like O face to the weird world around her.

But Twilight doesn't follow the crowd as she moves towards some of the stands on the outskirts of the festival. Her destination comes clear as you see a familiar orange coated mare, Twilight calls outs to her friend as she trots closer, "Hello Applejack."

"Howdy Twilight, nice costume."

She taps the pot on her head as she talks, "I'm the iron-pony." Her eyes shift to you as she cocks her eyebrow to you, "You decided not to dress up?"

You flick your tail a little causing your cape to sway a little as you smile, "Nope I-..."

Your voice is cut off as a loud thunder bolt cracks above you, you jump a little to the unwanted sound as you listen to Twilight's slight yell, "Rainbow!"

You look up to a small dark cloud with the rainbow maned mare laughing on it, shes dressed in a slick black jumpsuit kind of outfit with gold stripes around it.

Her laughing comes to an end as she points her hoof to you, "I'm sorry Twilight..ha ha... but he has a cape on, come on did you even tr-..." Rainbow's tomboyish laugh is cut off as a bolt of small green magic strikes against her.

You and Twilight quickly look down to Violet's quivering lips as she looks up to Rainbow in a slightly scared shock.

Twilight rubs at Violet's head as she talks, "It's alright Violet."

You and Applejack both shoot a glare to Rainbow as she tries to pick some of the frost from her suit, her magenta eyes fall to the little filly as she talks in a low sweet untomboishy voice, "Sorry Violet..."

But you don't take her apology as you bring your head up to the clouds above the festival and start to watch the dark clouds swirling a little faster, a slight lighting cracking can be heard around the area as the clouds start to spin towards the center of mass.

You look around to the other ponies around you as you stare, they don't really seem scared but they all seem to have a confused struck look to them.

You point your hoof up as you bring your eyes to Rainbow, "Not funny Rainbow."

The rainbow maned mare looks up to the clouds as she blows to your comment, "How could I be doing that? I'm down here?"

Twilight and Applejack both look up to the swirling clouds but as you stare at Twilight's face she doesn't really have a sense of fear.

You on the other hand turn back to the now forming funnel of dark clouds with a slight fear filling and confused mind.

The slight thundering sound around the sky, after a few seconds the cloud funnel opens and you watch a dark chariot being pulled by dark armored stallion pegasus coming down from the opening of the funnel.

Twilight, Applejack and Rainbow don't have a bit of fear on them as you watch them slightly smile at it. You quickly move your head back to the unknown chariot as you take up a slight stance and talk, "Twilight what..."

Your voice is cut off as the chariot begins to circle around the festival area, a loud voice beckons from the back of a chariot as a hooded figure stands from it with a dark blue hoof extended out. The chariot rolls around the sky above you all as you listen to a loud beckoning voice, "Ponies of Ponyville, I am your Princess of the night! And it shall be night forever!"

The dark clouds start to swirl down towards the ground as a dense fog starts to roll down around the area.

You feel your magic starting to build under your coat but your thoughts and building heart rate is brought to a halt as a loud thunderous crack comes around followed by cheering and the sound of hooves stomping to the ground happily.

You blink to the noise as you look to Twilight in confusion, even she is slightly cheering as she happily nudges Violet. Her eyes move to you as she talks through the noise, "NightMare night was created to celebrate Princess Luna."

You look back to the chariot that is starting to become shrouded out of sight by the growing cloud cover. You bring your head back to Twilight as you talk, "T-that was Luna?" You stare to Twilight not understanding how the lipsy sounding mare that you let watch Violet just basically scared the crap out of you.

Twilight shakes her head as she still rubs Violet's head, the little filly has started to calm down a little as she moves a little from Twilights side and starts to look around the now fog covered ground.

You're still confused as you try to understand the point of having something like that is fun...but you don't have time to really think as you hear a laugh above you.

"Come on, you weren't scared where ya? She didn't even use the big lightning bolts." Rainbow holds her happy smile to you as she starts to simmer her laughing down, "Well I need to get going, plenty of other ponies I need to scare."

She brings her eyes back down to Violet as she bites off a little piece of the cloud she sits on, as she moves from the dark cloud seat and floats down towards Violet the cloud takes on a fluffy white color as Rainbow takes the cloud piece to her hoof. "Sorry I scared ya weezy, i'm not good at cloud shaping but here you go."

Rainbow holds the cloud out to Violet for a moment as the little filly stares to the white fluff with a happy grin, she puts her flank to the ground as she moves her front hooves to it.

But as Rainbow lets go of the fluff and Violet takes hold of it the cloud piece floats in Violet's grasp instead of staying to her hoof like Rainbow's.

Violet happily tries to keep the cloud piece to her hooves as she tries to stop it from floating away almost like a balloon.

Rainbow quickly darts back to her cloud as she waves to you all, "C'ya."

Twilight gives a happy giggle to Violet's concentration on keeping the peace of cloud to her grasp, Violet's horn glows a faint blue as she wraps her magic around the cloud bit, but it seeps through her grasp and she has to again stop it with her hooves.

You look around to the groups of ponies around you now starting to move away as you talk, "So now what?"

Twilight taps her hoof to her mouth as she talks, "Well I thought we could take Violet trick or treating for a little."

You give a slight chuckle as you talk, "Alright, trick or treat?"

Twilight nods her head as she talks, "Yep, young colts and fillies can go up to house and say, Nightmare night what a fright give us something sweet to bite."

Applejack gives a slight laugh as she talks, "Little fillies and colts? Ha, Pinkie is out right now doing that."

"Really? Where did she start?" Twilight looks around a little as she finishes her comment.

Applejack rolls her hoof to her as she answers, "I have no idea, but if you see her could you tell Applebloom to stop by, she went with Pinkie again."

Twilight nods her head as she turns her head back to Violet, "Alright Violet lets go."

The little filly looks up to the voice for a moment and her concentration on keeping the cloud to her is lost as she turns back to it floating away, her face isn't really sad but it takes her a moment to bring her eyes from it as it floats away from her grasp.

You follow after Twilight as you listen to the festive music starting back up and the chatter of the groups of ponies you walk past. The noise around you doesn't really bother you though as you hold a slight smile to it.

End of chapter 9