• Published 7th Jul 2013
  • 728 Views, 27 Comments

Maybe if I get to say - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 39 to the Maybe series Follow the main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess. And how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
4
 27
 728

Chapter 4

Chapter 4 – Friends?

Your walk has brought you from the town and down another dirt path, but your destination has started to come into view as you look to a reddish pink wood house. You almost do a slight double take to the old timey looking schoolhouse as you try to look over it. It has a large sign in front of it that's shaped like an open book that even from your distance you can read it as, 'Ponyville School'. In Front of the building stand a few older mares and stallions watching what you guess would be there foals going into the building. Seeing this makes you feel a little better knowing Violet's not going to be the last filly inside.

As you get closer to the building a few dull white fences starts to take up around the path leading towards the school house. Even though you know the name on the sign outside tells you what the building was you still had a gut feeling when you saw the large bell on top of the school house.

Twilight holds her gaze to the few ponies as you three get closer, the group's voice's get a little bit more audible as you three move to the group, but you don't really pay attention to anything they say as everypony here is new to you.

Twilight swings her head around the group for a seconds as she starts to search for somepony.

You lean over to her as you talk, "Who are you looking for?"

"I'm looking for Ms. Cheerilee, she's usually outside before school sta-..." Twilight's voice is cut off as a dull feminine voice comes to you from her side.

"Ms. Cheerilee is out for the day."

You both turn to the dull grey mare with light white-blue mane that sits in a bun atop her head, her voice continues as her half eyed gaze stares to Twilight while she trots a little aways from the group of ponies starting to disperse, "I'm Ms.Pleasant, I teach the three year old foals but i'm filling in for Ms.Cheerilee."

Twilight nods her head as she talks, "Oh, well hello Ms.Pleasant, my name is Twilight Sparkle and we're here to enroll our daughter into the preschool." Violet holds a slight confused face to the older mare as she bends her head down to get a look at her.

You watch the earth pony mare adjust her glasses to her nose a little as she brings her head back up, "Yes, thats fine. She is perfectly welcome to attend today, I will make sure Ms. Cheerilee is informed when she gets back."

Twilight again nods her head as she talks, "Ok thank you." Her voice gets a little lower as she takes a step towards the mare, "Um, her name is Violet Sparkle and she has um..." Twilight;s voice drops down a little to a whisper as she whispers to the mare.

You take your eyes from the conversation as you look around the other ponies that have mostly started to trot away. But you turn back to Twilight as she takes her step back to you.

Ms.Pleasant nods her head as she gives a simple one ha laugh, "Oh believe me Mrs.Sparkles, Violet should have no problem fitting in, after all we only allow the most mature foals into the preschool program.

Violet gets a smile as the words roll past her.

Twilight nods her head as she bends down to Violet, "Ok Violet, mommy will be back in a little..." She gives her a hug as she finishes, "Go and make some friends ok."

The light purple filly gives a wide smile to Twilight as she breaks the hug.

"Come along Violet, I will introduce you to your fellow classmates." Ms.Pleasant trots away a little until Violet follows after her. The little filly doesn't hesitate as she follows after the mare, which kind of makes you feel a little sad even if supposedly preschool isn't a big deal to ponies.

You shift your gaze to Twilight's hard stare as you get a slight smile back, or maybe it's not just you... You nudge her as you talk, "Aren't we supposed to go to Rarity's?"

Twilight snaps out of her stare as she nods her head, "Y-ya." She turns to trot away but doesn't get but two steps before she turns around, "You know maybe preschool can wait a year or two or three." She gives a little laugh as she tries to trot past you.

You follow her laugh as you repeat her, "Three years huh?"

Twilight rolls her hoof to you as she shakes her head, "Or Two and a half."

You give another light chuckle as you shake your head, "I think Violet probably already has made friends." You give Twilight a little nudge as you take on a more serious voice, "If Violet doesn't like it than we can wait a few years." You hold your smile to your comment mainly because you know when she calms down she won't buy into the wait a few years thing.

You and Twilight both stay on the light tone as she nods her head.

- - -

Violet is quick to move into the schoolhouse as she holds a happy smile to the colorful and new faces of the foals around the same age as her.

The school room is big and only a few of it's seats filled with most of the foals sitting to one side of the room. But as she scans the room she can't really find any familiar faces.

But her quick glance to the room around her is cut off as Ms.Pleasant trots over to a wooden podium in front of the chalkboard, her voice is a little loud than a few seconds ago but it still holds its slight dull tone as she talks over the slightly noisy room of broken sentences and misused words, "Good morning class."

The foals around the room all get a little quiet as they hold a slight giggly smile to the mare, "Good morning Ms.Plesntentent." The combination of young and high pitched voices doesn't follow through its sentence as most of the foals start to giggle a little.

Violet's ears pick up to the happy tone as she looks around the room.

The older mare gives a half smile as she turns her gaze to Violet, "Class we have a new classmate today, her name is Violet Sparkle."

The young foals turn their gaze to the new filly as Ms.Pleasant continues, "...Violet has Sombrauism so th-..."

The older mare's voice is cut off as a pale pink filly with silver and dark white mane sitting in the front of the class speaks up, the filly's voice is high pitched and carries a slight whiny tone to it as she holds her blue eyed gaze to Violet, "What does THAT mean?"

Violet blinks a little confused to the other filly's annoying voice but she still holds a faint friendly smile to her.

"Well Pearl Tiara, Sombrauism is when a young foal can't talk or-..." Again the mare's voice is cut off as the filly's eyes shrink a little and she gives a slight whine as she moves in her desk, "Ew, that's weird!"

Violet lose her smile a little as she looks around the room to the other colts and fillies following her motion as they all start to chatter.

"Class...Class-..." It takes a few seconds for Ms.Pleasant to bring the class's noise back down but she gets it down as she holds her hoof to the pale pink filly, "Pearl that was not nice say you're sorry."

The filly blinks to the words for a moment before she gives a slight groan, her eyes drift to Violet as her annoying high pitched words come back to her, "Sorry Violet."

Violet moves her left ear a little but her moment of silent brings the pale pink filly to speak again, she points her hoof to Violet as she talks, "She didn't say thank you.!"

Ms.Pleasent is unamused to her voice as she nods her head, "It's quite alright Pearl."

The pale pink filly crosses her front legs as she looks away with a slight pouty face.

"You may sit where ever you would like Violet." Ms.Pleasant gives a slight smile as her dull voice chimes out.

As the mare's voice hits the pale pink filly in front of her she shakes her head as she looks to Violet, as her annoying voice comes back to Violet, "Not next to me I don't wanna be sick."

Ms.Pleasant holds a stare to Pearl for a moment before she speaks up, "You may sit anywhere Violet."

Violet hesitates for a moment before she walks past the mare and down the row of seats in the front. Her trot brings her to the first empty seat next to a white coated blonde and auburn maned unicorn colt. But as Violet moves to take her seat the colt's voice stops her as he waves his hoof to her, "No, Sir Hoovesy is sitting there!"

The light purple filly stops as she moves her eyes to the empty bench seat behind the desk, but she moves to the next seat in the empty row behind it as she trots away.

As she nears the next seat she brings her blue eyes to an orange coated filly with rose red mane, the filly moves her dark gold eyes to Violet for a moment as she moves back a little in her seat. Her voice comes fast as she talks, "Ah! I don't want to catch your cold!"

Violet stops as she looks down the row of other ponies she would be sitting by, but as she moves her eyes to theirs they all avert their eyes and whisper to the pony beside them. She doesn't understand why these ponies are acting so much different from all the other ponies she knows. But she still holds a slight smile to herself as she trots down the row.

But as she reaches the end of the row next to the other foals her age with none of them even giving her a look she brings her head down and moves to the row absent of any other ponies. She sits down towards the back of the row as she move her pouch from her side and sets it to the ground next to her.

Violet looks around the room to all the other foals happily talking and making funny sounds as she slowly starts to sink to the bench like seat of the school house she's in, not really understanding why they all acted so different to her.

She listens to the ponies around the room for a moment before her ears perk up to a voice.

"Sorry i'm late Ms.Pleaswent."

Violet brings her head up a little as she looks to orange coated colt with slightly slicked back dark blue mane coming into the school house.

Ms.Pleasant nods her head as she points her hoof to the seat next to the pale pink filly, "Better late than never Sparky."

End of chapter 4