• Published 7th Jul 2013
  • 727 Views, 27 Comments

Maybe if I get to say - Fat1thatyoulove



Part 39 to the Maybe series Follow the main character thought his newest trails as he tries to better understand the power he possess. And how it affects the ones he loves.

  • ...
4
 27
 727

Chapter 1

Maybe if I get to...

Chapter 1 – "Nothing is ever simple."

The warm afternoon sun shines in through the large stain glass windows of the Canterlot throne room. Your heart beats at a steady quickness as you focus your eyes to the large white mare talking in front of you. Celestia's words are almost absent to your ears as the warmth in your perfectly fitted black and white tux along with your own nervousness has left you almost paralyzed.

Still even though your body is jittery and your mind is fogged, around the room hundreds of eyes to whom most are unfamiliar now rest squarely onto you. But even though you have these countless and majority nameless ponies staring towards you, you retain a sense of calmness, pride, joy and relief as you stand next to your soon to be wife. This day has finally come and all you have to do is say I do.

Your eyes still stay pinned to the white mare in front of you and your mind is obliterating any meaning to the words her mouth is bringing to you...Your mind has set its desire on focusing on the one few words that matter the most to you.

The white mare's happy expression stays as she continues through the book she floats in front of her, you have no idea what the book is and your best bet is that its the holy book of Celestia or something. This simple comment has kept your mind at ease for the last few minutes you've been standing in your spot. But the moment of thinking is over as you watch the mare's soft pink eyes drift up from the book and pin on you.

You're motionless as you blankly stare to her, but your mind finally picks up to the words as her gaze holds to your own. Celestia's voice is soft and sweet as she repeats herself, "...Do you take Twilight Sparkle to be your wedded wife, until death do you part?"

Your quiet for a moment as your heart beat picks up from its steady rampant beating to a now uncontrollable voice in your ears. You turn your head towards the lavender mare beside you as you stare to her bright white clear crystal covered dress. Your silence turns her head as her soft slightly glimmering purple eyes open to you.

The white-gold band sits perfectly on her horn as you take a split second glance to it, but you rush your eyes back to her as you smile and pick your voice up to a high making sure there is no question and doubt to the two words building in in your throat. You hold your smile as you speak, "...I d-..."

Your heavy loudish voice is dwarfed as a new sound runs past your ears, the room behind you has gone quiet and as the loud chime of magic stops your heart stops with it as the voice behind you plays up in a laugh.

You don't know how or why but everypony in the room excluding you and Twilight have been turned to a grey stone color. You don't hesitate at all as you turn your whole body to the heartbreaking familiar male laugh.

The laughing long dragon like goat holds his sides as he floats above the ground wigglings his legs to the joyish expel coming from himself, "A happy ever after? Really? After everything we've been through?"

The right side of his face is still stone and his body's vibrant color of his mismatched body has not yet fully come back as it still holds a mostly stone grey color. But his one eye that's not stone has a tear in it that he wipes away as he stops his devilish chuckle, Discord's eye is not a joy loving orange or a hate loving dark...Instead his eye and pupil have the same coloring as Sombra's.

You don't hesitate at all as you feel your body already starting to cringe with your magic.

Discord waves his hands out towards you and Twilight with a smile as he talks, "Now now I'm not here too-..." He stops his sentence as he snaps his claw fingers.

A low poofing chime is heard beside you and your eyes only allow you to watch as Twilight's scared expression is vanished in a swirl of orange magic.

"Twilight!-..." You voice is cut off as Discord's figure teleports to the spot where she once stood.

His arms extend as he grabs to your head covering up your ears and pressing your cheeks together, your body has dropped the spell as your mind's burning and screaming to the absent mare beside you takes over your body's desire.

Your rendered motionless to your own fear for her as you unwillingly listen to Discord's happy voice, "...You know what the best part about all this is?" His one tooth smile pokes out as he nods his head, "...The best part is we're all happy here. Ya, we're all happy! ALL HAPPY!" Discord's grip on your ear's has intensified as he moves his lion pawed hand from your head.

He loses his smile as he cocks his head to your pained groans, "...Come on now? Be happy..." He lowers his head to you as his devilish smile comes back, "...You're getting married." The paw that he took from your head now glows a bright green almost flame like magic as he hold you in your spot.

But the paw doesn't stay extended from your head for long as you watch it coming towards your face at the speed of a bullet.

Your body jerks from the covers of your bed as a weight jumps to your stomach. Your breathing is heavy and fast as you spring your head and upper body from the warm bed you once resided in.

The little purple filly with a pink ribbon in her mouth slightly backs away as she sits her flank to the bed next to you.

Your body shutters a little as the realization to the dream that you were just awoken from was just that...a dream. You blow out a little shaky as you rub your hoof over your face, but you only do it for a moment as you bring your hooves from your eyes.

You stare to the little filly sitting patiently in the bed beside you as you look over her face. The white rims that have continued to grow over the last three and a half weeks have really started to define her blue eyes and as you stare to them you're starting to notice the same sparkle like glimmer Twilight's has. You hold your gaze to her happy face until you have pushed the dream to the furthest depths of your mind, since you and Twilight picked Canterlot as the place. Your track record for having a good time in Canterlot has never been good, but you've done your best with keeping that out of your mind seeing as how the date you two choice is not to far off.

You drift your eyes from her to the empty spot in the bed beside you as you talk to Violet in a low almost baby like voice, "Wheres mommy hm?"

Violet just blinks her eyes to you as you turn your head back to her, "Hm?"

She doesn't move her hooves as you start to smile to her wide eyed gaze, "What do you need sweetie?"

To your words her eyes dart down towards her mouth and she wiggles her sitting stance a little. You look over the ribbon in her mouth as you take it from her. You stare at the pink undefined bow in your hoof as you give a little chuckle, I can't tie a bow with hooves...you watch as the ribbon takes on a purple glow, you float the ribbon over to her as she smiles and stands up a little.

You follow her moving as you sit up a little more and focus your mind to floating the ribbon to her tail, as it touches her tail you picture it wrapping around and tieing into a bow like Rarity and Twilight have done. Sure enough as you watch it, it beings to move into the shape and pull into the bow you're use to seeing.

Violet smiles to it as your magical hold is dropped from it, her happy face comes back to you as she wiggles her front hooves to you.

You give a little chuckle as you pull her close to you for a hug, you close your eyes as you brush your head to her mane but you don't get to hold her for long as she squirms a little in your grasp. You release your hold as you move to the edge of the bed, "Alright Violet, lets get you ready for breakfast ya?"

The little filly doesn't wait for your hooves to extend to her as she tries to follow you from the bed, but she doesn't teleport herself, instead she makes it down on her own with only a little bit of help from you.

She starts up in her childlike hop gallop as she quickly moves towards the door.

You hold your pride filled smile to her as you keep your thoughts from your dream at bay.

End of chapter 1