• Published 4th Jul 2013
  • 620 Views, 9 Comments

Ultima: Call of The Spoony One - Mister Wax



The ancient evils of Britannia once again rear their ugly heads, but this time in the world of Equestria. Unable to defeat these new foes Equestria must call upon the Avatar, The Spoony One, to save the world.

  • ...
6
 9
 620

Call of the Avatar

Spoony sat in his chair rubbing his heavy eyes as he finally started uploading his latest video game review. The editing was always a tiring chore for Noah but he loved what he did he was more than willing to deal with the annoyance if it meant that he could make a better video for his fans. As he fixed is eyes on the upload progress bar kept steadily moving Spoony noticed a distinct glint in the corner of his eye that slowly pulsated.

Noah turned to see where the light was coming from and found it to be coming from his bookshelf. He cooked an eyebrow in confusion and curiosity as he made his way towards the strange light. Outside the wind began to pick up and whistle, Noah ignored the sudden wind but Oreo picked her head up, hopped off the bed, and rushed out Noah’s room looking for the source of the noise. Noah turned to see his dog’s tail as she ran out the door.

“Oreo! Come here puppy!” he yelled trying to get her to return. When she did not return he turned back to the matter at hand with a sigh, and to his surprise the glow came from, what looked like a small black pebble.

“What the hell?” he said in a hushed voice as he slowly reached for the strange rock. To his surprise the stone was not actually hot despite it’s strange ability to glow, the wind began to pick up even more outside but it went unnoticed by Spoony as he examined the stone, trying to discern it’s ultimate purpose and why it was just sitting on his bookshelf.

The sounds of Oreo franticly barking finally snapped Noah out of his fixated stare. He ran towards the sound to find Oreo barking at something through the screen door.

“What is it Oreo, what do you see?” he asked as he knelt down to pick up the mix parson russel terrier. He looked up as he knelt down and stopped dead in his tracks, he saw just what Oreo was barking at. In the dark of the back yard Noah could clearly see a circle of blue glowing stones. Bewilderment turned to realization as he looked at the pebble still clutched in his fingers; it now had a constant glow.

Noah began pouring over all that was happening, not sure of what was going on or what to do next. He stood there for a couple of seconds in thought when the answer hit him like slap to the face.

Moongate

“No, there’s no fucking way,” he said to himself. He opened the glass door and walked toward the circle, Oreo had darted ahead of him and started sniffing the rocks trying to see what was up with them. Noah stopped a few footsteps away from the circle looking at it suspiciously.

“Oreo!” he yelled as he patted his leg, Oreo scurried her way over to Spoony and sat at his feet looking up at him with her head cooked to the side in confusion. He looked at her for a moment then turned he attention to the circle. He held up the stone still clutched in his fingers toward the circle, the stones glowed even brighter.

Oreo turned toward the circle and, once again, started barking franticly. Inside the circle a blue swirling monolith rose from the ground and stood there waiting for something to pass through. Spoony eyed the blue monolith in from of him with both excitement and confusion thinking of only one thing: it was a Moongate!

A million thoughts and questions ran through his head as he looked at the gate but one thing was clear to him, he needed to see what was on the other side. Noah closed his eyes and stepped into the blue glow of the gate with Oreo coming in quickly behind him and in an instant they where gone, the Moongate sunk back into the ground from which it rose, the stones stopped glowing, and the wind gradually died down. Once again all was right with the world.



Spoony fell forward out of the gate felling disorientated from the journey though the portal but was quickly greeted to feeling of soft grass beneath his hands and the pleasant sent of pine trees in the air. He looked up and surveyed the sky above, vibrantly colored trees surrounded him; even in the dark the color was striking and beautiful to him. He looked at the stars above and was speechless at the sheer number of stars in the sky it nearly hypnotized him.

His train of thought ended by a girlish coughing coming from in front of him. He turned his head toward the coughing and what he saw made his jaw drop, standing in front of him were six ponies that where vibrantly colored to the point of being Technicolor giving him both awestruck and funny looks. Fuck they didn’t even look like ponies, they like ponies as drawn by a fucking seven-year-old.

The black and blue one stepped in front of the group looking at him with a smile, clearly not noticing the stunned expression on his face.

“Hail and well met Avatar! Welcome to the land Equestria,”

IT FUCKING TALKED! Not only that it talked in perfect fucking English! What the fuck!?

Noah crawled back and felt his leg hit something, and hear a yep. He turned to look at Oreo who was looking at him with her head down. Before he could apologize he saw something that wasn’t right, he turned his head and saw a black tail. Noah’s eyes went wide and he jerked his head towards his hands, in the place of his hands he saw white hooves and he froze. The ponies in front of him eyed him in concern and confusion, wondering what was wrong.

Noah’s body began violently shaking where he stood, he lowered his head and the shaking grew worse. He threw his head up and in a yell that rumbled the otherwise tranquil landscape around him he shouted,

“FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUU-"

Comments ( 9 )

What's a Paladin?

Not bad so far, but it just feels a little thin. Spoony, who's not a Brony and I think he hates the show, shows up in Equestria. Okay, now what?

Story deserves a watch to see where you're taking it but I'm withholding the thumbs up / down until I read more.

2822326FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU

2822334 I'll try to get the next chapter posted today if I can help it, that one delves into the plot more than this one.

2823221
Don't try to rush it if it's not completed, that's actually one of the worst things you can do.

I'll bite as far as a plot goes, but please try and get spoony's behavior down. I know that seem's somewhat stupid to say but I've seen people write out a story with a premise like this and then drop the character's normal behavior for one reason or another. (by the by are you using Noah or Spoony for this one? Character wise I mean.)

2826148
I'll try my hardest, I get annoyed by that too so I want to make sure I get Spoony's personality down pat.

Actually I'm planning on using both Spoony and Noah's personalty for this one as sort of the Red Oni/Blue Oni type of deal. My reason for that is because If I used just Spoony's personality the plot wouldn't go anywhere, Also even in Spoony's reviews you get taste of Noah every now and again (Best example of this would be the Ultima 9 review)

I've spotted one or two typos, but so far this is a fairly smooth read, and also entertaining. :yay:
One question I need to see you answer eventually. How did Equestria get hold of Moongate technology?

Well, Equestria's not ready for what's coming, and I don't mean whatever villain is in store (though they might be too much too.) Noah/Spoony is an interesting guy and while not going to leave them to rot, he's not gonna be nice about it. On a different note I wonder if some of the monsters he encounters might make him think of D&D?

Login or register to comment