• Published 1st Jul 2013
  • 5,162 Views, 595 Comments

Dimension Jumper - redtau



Dimensional Explorer Sarah Jordan is trapped in a land filled with Nightmare spirits, wooden wolves, and ponies.

  • ...
34
 595
 5,162

PreviousChapters Next
Intermission II

Author's Note:

This too was once a blog post. Copied here in all of it's grammatical incorrectness for all to enjoy.

Advancement in ARCO: More Headcannon

Well, not really headcannon, more "This is how the imaginary company from the alternate reality earth works and treats it's employees" cannon.

When you become a dimension jumper, you are given/ contracted to C or B class entities and usually assigned as assistant to another jumper for your first few jumps. C and B class entities are capable of minor manipulations and defenses, though a number of jumpers have found their limited nature inspires resourcefulness in the human component. C class jumpers only visit explored and vetted worlds, and C class worlds are where the majority of ARCO's power comes from. B class jumpers explore slightly more dangerous worlds and usually return with limited power but a wealth of cultural or scientific data.

After a year, and if the regular psych evaluations come back clean (once every six months), a jumper can upgrade one or both entities to A class entities. A class are some of the strongest ARCO has on tap en mass, akin to things like the Witchblade at times. The A class outfitted jumpers can also visit worlds that are considered hostile (war has broken out, large carnivorous plants, an abundance of clowns) or even some new worlds where drones were threatened.

A year later and jumpers can upgrade to S class. S class entities are the strongest and rarest among the creatures ARCO has contact with, and jumpers paired with these creatures can handle some of the toughest environments in existence. Psych evals for S class jumpers are every two months, and detailed reports are required to limit the number that go rogue and exterminate a planet (zero have done this to date)

D, an S class entity, was contracted by ARCO to do a job, and for three years, he hasn't been able to. Imagine if you got contracted to do a job that was described as "go to new and amazing places, see interesting things, and wow them with your abilities" then for three years you had to get up, catch a 5 hour flight to Alaska, and deliver two boxes of paperclips and a roll of masking tape. Every day. With no vacations, no weekends, no sick days. You'd think ARCO was the devil incarnate too.

Of course, there is a reason for all of this, and Sarah is right in the middle of it.

PreviousChapters Next