• Published 28th Jun 2013
  • 1,965 Views, 45 Comments

The God of Chaos - Pen Quill



Learn of how one of Equestria's greatest villains came to be. Learn of the creation of Discord and follow how he became the God of Chaos.

  • ...
3
 45
 1,965

The Descent to Chaos

The day had finally arrived. The day I had dreaded for so long, was finally here. I tried everything to prevent it, but after what my sister told me the day before, I felt like I only encouraged that event. However, my sister had the look of great fear and disappointment on her when it happened. That day was forever burned in our heads as a permanent reminder, that no matter how powerful somepony is, we all still have lessons to learn.

The Descent to Chaos

Galewind was woken up by a loud banging at his door, which was locked by him after last night. He didn’t want anypony bothering him at all. “My lord, you must get up, the princesses are waiting for you in the ballroom.” Said Schillman, as he continued to pound his hooves on the door.

Galewind slowly got up, and lethargically put on the outfit that his advisor had laid out for him the previous day. He took a long look in the mirror and noticed something off about him. He did not have the look of somepony that was sad or beaten, but solemn and had an almost stone-like expression. He shrugged it off, unlatched the lock on his door and began following Schillman towards the ballroom.

“My liege, is everything alright?” he asked curiously, noticing a very unusual aura around his master.

“I’m fine Schillman, just ready to get this over with and return to Baltimare.” Galewind returned with a meaningless expression.

“Did something happen my prince?”

“Nothing happened Schillman, pay no attention to me, I swear to you that I am fine.” Galewind’s voice became more forceful, sending an uneasy feeling down his spine, but he followed his master’s orders and asked not another question. They continued to walk through the long halls, before descending down the stairs where they were greeted by two very strappingly built guards.

“Follow us Prince Galewind, we are ordered to escort you to the treaty signing.” Said the more decorated guard, who was most obviously the veteran officer.

From there, they were guided through more hallways and out into the courtyard, where a crowd of ponies stood cheering, waving banners of the Canterlot flag. Galewind paid no attention to them, as he continued to follow the guards, ignoring the crowd as if they didn’t even exist.

In his mind, everything was silent. There was no sound, no scenery, no pony around but him. He was lost in his own thoughts before being brought back to reality by the voice of his advisor.

“Sir!”

“Huh?”

“My lord, snap out of it, we are here. You better fix yourself before walking through those doors.”

“Right, I’m sorry Schillman.”

Schillman was growing very worried for him, Galewind apologizing was not a common thing, and added with the tone he was taking, his fears were only growing stronger. With a deep breath, Galewind pushed open the ballroom doors with his horn’s magic, making his way to the table where he was face to face with none other than Celestia herself. Instantly, the pain in his chest returned, but with greater force than before. He almost flinched at the sudden feeling of deep emptiness inside him. He pushed it back as far as it could go and continued walking before taking his seat at the long oak table, where only two quills, and a piece of paper were present.

“I’m glad we can finally be here today Galewind.” Celestia said. Galewind only offered a small nod towards her in response. “Is there something bothering you Galewind?”

“I’m fine Celestia, just fine.” His eyes set on Luna, who had finally looked up and their eyes locked on each other. Right there, Luna knew Galewind had found out what Celestia’s plan was and immediately her head had fallen once more, eyes closed and her chest in deep pain.

“May I ask you one question before I sign this treaty?” Galewind said, as his horn glowed, bringing the quill and paper to the edge of the table.

“Anything Galewind.” Celestia said with a smile.

“What happens to my country, if I sign this piece of paper?”

“It’s all there in the contract.”

“Another question if I may?” Galewind asked.

“The floor is yours.”

“Do you find me blind, or naturally stupid?” Galewind’s eyes turned towards Celestia in a fury of rage as his once stone-like expression turned into a deep seeded scowl of displeasure and hatred.

“What? Of course not Galewind, I find you an intellectual equal to me and my sister.”

“Do not play coy with me princess. I know what you have been planning, you cannot fool me.” His voice began rising, grabbing the attention of everypony in the room. Even the quiet Luna had looked up in surprise to see a very irate Galewind, but something was different. She noticed his eyes began to change, and the amulet around his neck began to glow furiously.

“Please calm down Galewind, I don’t know what you speak of.” Celestia pleaded him, but he would not hear of it. He knew what she said, he was there to hear every word of her cold dark secret.

“Yesterday, in your room. Is it true that you said you were only using me to gain my trust, my favor, so that I would sign this treaty?” Galewind was livid with her useless lies as she scrambled to cover up the inevitable truth that was discovered.

“I beg of you Galewind, believe me, that was not my intention.”

“Sweet words, wasted on a broken pony whose love and affection for you has now turned into a bitter hatred.”

His words struck Celestia. She could not hide it any longer, despite having to fool him for her dastardly deed, she had grown to like Galewind, and most could say she had developed a crush on the alicorn. Her silence only annoyed him even further as he huffed in her direction, his horn glowed once more taking the contract, and ripping it before her eyes. “Your silence says all that is needed. You never felt the same towards me. All this was just a ruse to gain my favor.”

“Galewind, I…I’m sorry.” Celestia’s voice lowered, the guilt of her deed was quickly filling her chest and Galewind only laughed at her, but the laugh only sent chills down everyponies spine. It was maniacal laughter, almost like cackling as a toothy grin spread across his muzzle. The amulet the bore his chest glowed brighter and brighter until…BAM. The jewel that was embedded in the amulet was now shattered on the floor, shards laying everywhere.

The ground began to quake, and everypony in the ballroom was becoming scared as many began to shriek in horror when they looked up to gaze at the prince of Baltimare. He began to hover as his body morphed, “Gaze upon the curse of my family, the curse that my family has had to endure to remain on the throne. A curse that was kept sealed by that very amulet! Gaze upon the true form of chaos!” Galewind yelled high in the air as his body began to morph.

His right wing shimmered and began taking a deformed appearance, the feathers molted and the color changed to a violet bat wing. He stood on his back hooves in an upright fashion as he began growing taller with every passing second. The clouds outside turned dark and grey as they swirled around the castle of Canterlot, no one knew of the real horrors going on inside the ballroom.

Celestia and Luna, mouths hanging open as they continued to watch as the former pony known as Galewind transform into a deformed beast. His once pony hooves, now a goat hoof and a lizard’s leg. The hairs of his long white and black tail, came together to form a solid, scaly, single dragon-like tail. His mane followed after, as its once white and black color faded into a solid black and on top his head, two horns began to emerge, one was of deer origin and the other was that of a goat but grotesquely deformed and misshapen. His fore hooves shimmered, just like his wing, as one side transformed into a lion’s paw, and the other, into an eagle’s talon.

The crowd watched in pure horror, mares were screaming, stallions tried effortlessly to cover their eyes and hide them from what laid before them. As the light began to fade, Galewind descended down to the ground without a word.

“Galewind?” Celestia said as she was the first to rise from the ground. Her voice was shaky, not knowing what to expect from the new being before her.

“There is no more Galewind my dear princess.” He said in disgust, “Only the God of Chaos…Discord.” He opened his eyes to show that his scarlet eyes had changed into a solid yellow iris, dotted with a red pupil.

Celestia shook her head in fear, her eyes filled with tears. Deep down she knew this was all her fault, she did not know what to say.

“I should thank you princess, really. Thanks to you, I can claim what I always wanted. Your castle, and then, all of Equestria shall be under my rule.” Discord said with another maniacal laugh sending the crowd in the ballroom in a panic as they scattered to leave. The door burst open and for the first time, ponies outside saw what had transpired, through the stampede of screaming mares and stallions, they saw what the once proud prince had become, and had received a better view after he teleported to the sky.

He looked down at the townsponies and began to clear his throat, “Citizens of Canterlot, I am you’re ruler now. You will bow before you’re god, Discord!” he reached up to the sky as the clouds began to billow. The earth had broken part and from the clouds came several bolts of lightning. An unfortunate stallion protecting his young filly was struck by a bolt, and the crying filly looked on as her father was turned into a banana.

Down below in the ballroom, Celestia had remained motionless, completely oblivious to the screams of pain and fear of her precious citizens.

Luna looked up at the sky which was once blue and clear, now a dark grey, and outside the window of the ballroom she saw what was transpiring. She saw innocent citizens being transformed into oblong objects. Bananas, jars of pickles, and pastries. The streets became ice, some even broke off from the earth and began hovering only to come down and crush the unfortunate and innocent ponies that were underneath.

Luna felt something hit her snout, but it wasn’t rain. It was brown and cold. Luna held out her hoof and collected a sample of the brown liquid and tasted it. “Chocolate milk?!” Luna’s face grew perplexed. How was chocolate milk of threat to anyone? She did not understand Discord’s ways of torture, but her mind was now set on her sister Celestia.

“Tia, are you okay?” she received no response, “Tia?” she asked again, nudging her.

“It’s all my fault Luna…”

“No, don’t say that Celestia, not now!”

“But it is Luna, this never would’ve happened if I was just honest from the start.” Tears rolled down Celestia’s cheek as she began sobbing. She felt a strong weight of guilt in her chest. Playing on Galewind was something she deemed unforgiveable. She didn’t want to be forgiven, not ever.

“Sister! Please, you’re people need you to pull it together and save them!”

“How can I save them? My plan was to help them in the first place, but look what my plan has done.”

“Sister, we all make mistakes and misjudge our intentions. They may seem like they’re good at first, but when they turn sour, you must learn to get up and mend the faults of your actions!”

“I can’t Luna, I just can’t. I will only bring further harm to them.” Celestia hung her head low and began walking away from Luna. Luna did nothing to stop her, she only watched her sister walk away as the chocolate milk rain began to pour down on her from the hole in the roof of the ballroom. She stepped away and looked out the window one more time before a determined scowl formed on her muzzle.

“If Tia won’t help them, I will.”

Author's Note:

I'm sad to say this story is coming to a conclusion soon. It was a fun experience and I promise I'll do my best to produce another story for you all. :eeyup: