• Published 28th Jun 2013
  • 1,965 Views, 45 Comments

The God of Chaos - Pen Quill



Learn of how one of Equestria's greatest villains came to be. Learn of the creation of Discord and follow how he became the God of Chaos.

  • ...
3
 45
 1,965

A Royal Introduction

The God of Chaos

BigMacintosh1224

There’s legends of Equestria, of the horrors that the land has faced. Natural disasters, famines, wars, but more importantly, tyrannical rulers who wish to claim Equestria as their own. Sure you heard the story that your princess Celestia has told, but do you know the whole story? Many, if not all, have yet to hear the true story because all of you mares and stallions have not lived for eternity like I have.

First, let me introduce myself. Some of you might already know, for there is only one other mare that has eternal life besides my sister. It is I, Princess Luna, and the story I have for you all is a little legend of a simple prince from Baltimare, who would go on to become one of Equestria’s most evil and cunning villains ever. Yes, my story will open your eyes to the true beginning of Discord, the God of Chaos.

Let me take you back, a thousand years ago. To times of old, where everything was simplistic to its very core. Let me take you, to the day that Equestria became, chaotic.

=============================

A Royal Introduction

He was sitting on his throne, bathing in the afternoon sun, sipping his glass of the finest wine his kingdom had to offer. The floors were whitewashed stone, his throne was polished marble decorated with the finest silk in all of Equestria. He lived in pure luxury as any royal blood should. Prince Galewind, a tall, sturdy alicorn, was the proud prince of Baltimare. He had an elegant poise but a stern face and had a smooth, milky brown coat decorated with a spiky black and white mane that had a very faint red tint to it. His neck bore an amulet that had belonged to his family ever since they came to power and inside it was a single, solid red gem. A sign of his lineage was his eyes. All males in his family shared the same sharp ruby eyes that would strike fear into the hearts of even the bravest souls. He was no different from his ancestors, feared yet loved throughout his land, revered as the greatest ruler of his family bloodline.

He stared through the stained-glass window as his magic brought the glass of wine closer for another quiet sip. His peace, however, was ruined when he heard his throne room doors opened as his messenger walked in. A quick bow to his ruler, awaiting for permission to gaze upon his presence.

“My lord.” The messenger beckoned.

“Rise messenger.” Galewind said, before sipping his wine once more.

Using his magic, the messenger revealed a letter, “My lord, a message arrived for you today. It is from Princess Celestia herself.”

“Princess Celestia?” his horn’s magic set the glass of wine down on the throne’s arm and then grabbed the letter, not wasting time to open and look at its contents.

“Yes your highness, they said to bring it straight to you.”

Prince Galewind’s eyes scanned the letter,

Dear Prince Galewind,

You have been courtly invited to this year’s Grand Galloping Gala, hosted by me, Princess Celestia, and my sister, Princess Luna. In this letter you will find your ticket. I do hope that you will attend as it will be a great way to discuss the future of our two kingdoms of one day uniting under one banner. If you choose to accept my invitation, transportation will be provided for you, courtesy of yours truly. Other than business, there will be music, dance, food, and refreshments as well as a private quarters for you to stay during your visit. I do hope you make it as it will benefit both our kingdoms. If you choose to decline, return this letter with the ticket, I will understand if you choose to refuse.

Sincerely,

Princess Celestia

“What does it say my liege?” the messenger asked, the silence peaking his interest.

Prince Galewind simply turned to face the window, staring at the suns glow, his magic retrieving the glass of wine and a fresh bottle to refill his cup. His eyes stared blankly out the window before his mouth opened to speak, “It seems the princess wishes to combine our two kingdoms and usher in a new era.” He began to swirl the red liquid in his glass before taking a short sip, “Does she find me weak, or stupid? Truly she does not think I would so easily accept this obvious takeover of my kingdom. However, perhaps this could benefit me. An open alliance between our two kingdoms can result in many benefits.”

He turned and paced back to his throne, his vision now fixed on the portrait of his father, “Tell me Schillman, what do you suppose my father would do?”

From the back, a gray earth pony stepped out and took Galewind’s side. He fixed his glasses and took a long look at the portrait before speaking, “My dear prince, your father was strong and intelligent. He always cared for his people and did what was best for them.”

Schillman was the family advisor, he had worked for Galewind’s father, and even his father’s father. He was a simple gray earth pony, with a well-kept white mane. His intelligence was unmatched and his calm demeanor could quell any disturbance.

“Do you believe he would do such a thing?” Galewind asked.

“My lord, I know he would not hesitate as you are now. Such a move as this would be in our best interest.”

“Your sharp tongue will be your downfall one of these days my dear Schillman. If it was not for your loyal service, I would have you hanged at the gallows for such a tone, but I digress, you do have a point. This would definitely benefit my people.”

Galewind drank the last bit of his wine before taking the golden ticket from the letter and observed it in deep thought, “I shall attend this gala, not only for my people, but for my own interest. Canterlot is supposed to be the capital of elegance in Equestria, is it not Schillman?”

“Yes sir, only the highest class of stallions and mares live in the streets of Canterlot, and the castle is supposed to be the finest in the land if not the world.” He said as he bowed before his ruler.

“Then take a letter my most loyal advisor, tell her royal highness that I shall be attending this gala with the upmost interest in her proposal.”

The gray pony took a quill and paper and began writing down his master’s words. Sealing it tight with their royal insignia before handing it to the messenger, “Take this to the mail department immediately, we have a gala to prepare for.”

The messenger galloped out of the room, the door shutting taut and Prince Galewind dismissed his advisor so that he could be alone to his thoughts. A simple bow, and he retreated from the room obeying his orders. Galewind trotted towards the windows, once again gazing at the sun with an almost sultry smile, “Only the finest of mares huh? Perhaps I’ll do more than party during my visit. Perhaps I shall find an interest in this Celestia.”

Author's Note:

This is just a taste of what's to come, please leave comments (constructive criticism only, no bashing) on thoughts and improvements, and if you would wish to see more. Thank you.