• Published 27th Jun 2013
  • 1,523 Views, 16 Comments

Anonymous - Mr Marshmallow



Rainbow Dash has always loved Fluttershy and she has always loved her aswell but neither has either had the confidence to admit it, but its so much easier to write a love letter and sign as anonymous...

  • ...
6
 16
 1,523

Dear Fluttershy...

Rainbow Dash sat at her desk, the only piece of furniture in her house not made of snowy white, and in one case snow cold in the matter of her fridge and freezer, cumulus. A pencil in her mouth and a writers block in her skull.

"Urgh!" She put her head in her hooves, groaning. Why couldn't it be easy to say?! Those two words. Those two tantalising, teasing words at the top of her page. The words that she dreamt of. The words with so much potential.
'Dear Fluttershy'
She could write a letter well enough. Confess her feelings, understand if she doesn't feel the same way but when it came to signing it and revealing her identity her hooves would shake, her wings flap madly and she would take several deep breaths and then scrunch it up and try again.

She had nearly mailed about 26 of these letters each time putting it off to another day but this time she was determined to finish it and mail it. Just like every other time.
Dear Fluttershy.... Fluttershy... Her buttercup yellow fur... Sakura blossom mane... Her cute laugh.... Everything about her made Rainbow want to hug her. And... Some other things.... "Ehem!" Back on task! Rainbow mentally scolded herself. You will never get to even hug her unless you mail this letter! Unless she hates you for liking mares, or rejects you or you never tell her how you feel!

Rainbow thought back to her love...
She remembered when she'd made the tornado that had saved Cloudsdale for another year, she smiled fondly at the memory of her telling a dragon off but most of all she longingly gazed at the memory of her ascending to Cloudsdale after she'd fallen off on a wave of beautiful butterflies and birds that dispersed the moment she walked off it, a grin on her face and her cutie mark on her flank. Dash couldn't help but think, it was that moment that she fell in love with the filly with the pink mane and coat as yellow as a sunbeam. Oh, that and that Fluttershy was about 20% cooler that RD would ever be.

But this letter was killing her!

She collapsed in a head of cyan shame! This is like one of those online forms you had to fill out with the end name box with
"Anonymous" written in that you never change... Wait! It is just like that!
New inspiration coming to her in a flash she scribbles down her new letter on a new sheet of paper. After five minutes of intense dramatic writing she took a hoof back at what she'd written.

Dear Fluttershy
Your coat gleams in the sun like a ripple on a pond in the dawn
Your eyes are lighthouses guiding me through the storm of my heart
Your laugh rings out like the beautiful wedding bells of a midsummers eve
Your smile is like a diamond caught in the grasp if the moonlight
Fluttershy, I love you

And with a flourish the Pegasus signed it, sealed it in an envelope, flew out to the mailcloud took a shuddering breath and dove past the point of no return. She mailed it. Slowly her heart stopped pounding as she stared at the mail box. It occurred to her that Derpy wouldn't empty it till tomorrow and wondered if it was right to sign it as she did.

with love, Anonymous

Author's Note:

Yeah, I know a bad way to fit in the whole Anonymous thing but I hit a writers block.
Please tell me if you have any ideas. :D