• Published 26th Jun 2013
  • 22,927 Views, 470 Comments

New Life in Equestria - jkreader



A young human of age seven is sent through a portal machine by his parents in an attempt to save his life from the end of his world gets sent to Equestria.

  • ...
54
 470
 22,927

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 14 - Mysterious Magic

Chapter 14 - Mysterious Magic

*Twilight’s P.O.V.*

What happened?” I asked Joshua with concern in my voice.

Joshua turned to look at us, his eyes starting to fill up. “I was taking my shirt off, but then while my head was in my shirt, there was a bright light on my forehead. That’s when I screamed. The light went away; I took off my shirt all the way, looked in the mirror, and saw this.” He then pointed at his newly formed horn. “What’s happening to me?” he asked starting to cry. He then ran towards me and wrapped his arms around my neck, sobbing into my chest fur. I wrapped one of my forelegs around him and started rubbing his back to try and comfort him. We had to figure out what was happening to Joshua, and Celestia was the only pony that could possibly know.

“Spike?”

“I know, Twi,” Spike responded pulling out a quill and parchment. I narrated the letter while continuing to comfort Joshua.

Dear Princess Celestia,

We have an issue regarding our human friend, Joshua. He told me that while taking off his clothes, he saw a bright light from inside his shirt on his forehead. After the light disappeared, he pulled it off the rest of the way and discovered a small unicorn’s horn while looking in the mirror. We have no idea how it appeared, or by what means. So we are turning to you for advice. Please respond as soon as possible, because Joshua is really scared at the moment.

Your faithful student and fellow princess,

Twilight Sparkle

“Twilight...Sparkle, there,” Spike said. He then rolled up the scroll, and breathed his green flame on it, sending it to Celestia. Joshua was still sobbing after we sent the letter. Nyx had trotted up to us, looking at Joshua concerned.

“Is he going to be okay?” she asked.

“I honestly don’t know,” I told her while still rubbing Joshua’s back, “but I hope so. Princess Celestia is our best bet right now. I just hope she’ll be able to figure out what’s wrong.”

After a few minutes, a bright light flashed from the stairs.

“Twilight, are you up there?” Celestia’s voice called from downstairs.

“Coming,” I told her, “Come on Joshua. Let’s go see if Celestia can help okay?”

Joshua looked up at me, still slightly crying and shakily responded, “O-o-okay.” Keeping my foreleg around him, I led him downstairs. Spike and Nyx followed behind, both of them had worried looks on their faces. When we made our way downstairs, Princess Celestia was indeed in the room, as well as Princess Luna, both of them had concerned looks on their faces.

“We came as soon as we could, my faithful student,” Celestia said.

“Thank you, Princess,” I said. I then lifted my foreleg off Joshua and slowly nudged him toward the Princesses. “It’ll be okay Joshua. We’re all here to help you, okay?”

Joshua nodded his head at me, and then slowly walked towards Celestia. The princesses had both laid down on all fours as he walked towards them.

“Can I have a look Joshua?” Celestia asked, placing a hoof on his shoulder. Joshua nodded and lowered his head, giving Celestia a better look. She leaned in and looked carefully over his horn from all angles. After a couple minutes, she lit her horn up. Joshua saw this and got nervous, but Celestia offered a gentle smile. “It’s okay dear one, this won’t hurt.” After receiving another nod from Joshua, Celestia let the tip of her horn touch Joshua’s. A white aura surrounded Joshua’s horn as Celestia looked at it. A few minutes later, Celestia and Joshua’s horns turned off. Celestia then sighed.

“I’m not quite sure how to put this,” she said, “but it would seem that Joshua is transforming into a pony.”

I’m turning into a pony?” he asked looking up at Celestia, “Can you stop it?”

“I’m not sure,” Celestia said, “But we will try our best Joshua. I don’t like seeing you suffer like this. You've already suffered enough.”

Joshua then walked up to Celestia and wrapped his arms around her, while she placed a wing over him, and started rubbing his back.

“I’m scared Princess Celestia,” he said crying again.

“I know Joshua,” she said comfortingly, “I promise you, Luna and I will do our best to help you in any way we can.”

Luna then put a hoof on Joshua’s shoulder and rubbed it gently. “It will be okay Joshua,” she said, “I assure you, we will figure something out.” Joshua had cried himself to sleep and was snoring soundly as his head lay on Celestia’s shoulder. Celestia then levitated him over onto my back and then stood up.

“I will have my magic researchers look into this, and we’ll try and find a solution,” she said, “Until then, try your best to comfort Joshua. He needs you all to be there for him right now.”

“Of course Princess,” I replied, “We’ll try our best.”

“Goodnight everypony,” Luna said. Then, she and Celestia teleported out of the room in a bright flash of light.

“So what now?” Nyx asked looking at Joshua sleeping on my back, concern still on her face.

“Let’s get some sleep,” I told her, “We’ll figure something out in the morning.” Nyx and Spike nodded their heads and we all went back upstairs to our beds. Spike wearily crawled into his basket and fell asleep instantly. Nyx climbed into her bed and lay her head down. I then carefully levitated Joshua next to her making sure not to wake him, brought his pajamas over, magically put them on him, and then nuzzled his cheek gently. Nyx wrapped a foreleg over him and pulled him closer to her to cuddle him. Soon, I climbed into bed after that, but didn't quite fall asleep. I couldn't stop thinking about what Joshua was going through. First he loses his old home, his friends, and his family, and now he’s becoming one of us ponies. I can only hope that we’ll figure out how to stop this without too much trouble. Sleep eventually caught up with me, and I closed my eyes.

Music:

Reminiscing ~ A Fate Smeared by Tricks and Gadgets - Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

Dearly Beloved - Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX

Author's Note:

More about Joshua's slow on going transformation into a pony will be explained in later chapters. Next one is Joshua's first day at Cheerilee's class.

PreviousChapters Next