• Published 26th Jun 2013
  • 22,922 Views, 470 Comments

New Life in Equestria - jkreader



A young human of age seven is sent through a portal machine by his parents in an attempt to save his life from the end of his world gets sent to Equestria.

  • ...
54
 470
 22,922

PreviousChapters Next
Chapter 13 - Bowling with the Crusaders

Chapter 13 - Bowling with the Crusaders

*Nyx’s P.O.V.*

That morning was really heartwarming for all of us, especially Joshua. He even shed a few happy tears during our group hug. When we met Grandma, Grandpa, Uncle Shining, and Aunt Cadance at breakfast that morning, Twilight told them her decision, and Joshua got hugs from all four of them. After breakfast we all said goodbye to them.

“Well Joshua,” Cadance said hugging him, “I hope you enjoyed your time here with us.”

“I sure did Cadance,” he said, “And I’m happy you’re going to be my new aunt.”

“Me too,” she said, “Come back soon okay?”

“I will,” he replied. Joshua and Cadance then broke away from their hug. Shining then came up and ruffled Joshua’s hair, making him giggle.

“I’ll see you soon, okay buddy?” he said.

“Okay Shining,” Joshua replied. He then walked over to me, Twilight, Spike, Grandpa Night Light, and Grandma Velvet.

“Well, it’s time for us to get back to Ponyville,” Twilight said, “See you two later.”

“Bye guys,” Shining said.

“See you all later,” Cadance called as we walked out.

Later, we were all on the train back to Ponyville. Joshua fell asleep to take a nap, because he woke up early that morning. He laid down next to Twilight, laying his head on her side with her wing over him.

“Spike,” Twilight said, “I’m gonna be going with Mom and Dad back to Canterlot to get some adoption forms filled out, so you’ll be in charge when we stop at Ponyville.”

“Sure thing, Twi,” Spike answered, “I’ll be sure to let Joshua know when we he wakes up.”

“Thanks Spike. I know I can always count on you.”

A few hours later, the train arrived in Ponyville. Twilight levitated Joshua onto my back while he was still asleep, and after saying goodbye to Twilight, Grandpa Night Light, and Grandma Velvet, Spike, Joshua, and I went over to the library. Soon after going in, I heard Joshua yawn.

“Hey sleepy head,” I said.

“Where’s Twilight?” he asked.

“She went with her parents to Canterlot. She needs to fill out the adoption forms to make her adopting you official,” Spike said, “She’ll be back sometime tonight. You two want some lunch?”

“Sure,” I said. Joshua nodded his head. After having lunch, Joshua climbed onto my back, and he and I went out to find the other crusaders to tell them the news. While walking through town, we saw Miss Cheerilee.

“Well hello there Nyx,” she said greeting me.

“Hi Miss Cheerilee!” I said happily.

“Looking forward to another year of school?” she asked.

“Uh-huh!” I nodded my head excitedly, “I can hardly wait!” She then noticed Joshua on my back.

“You must be Joshua,” she said trotting a little closer, “It’s nice to finally meet you. Twilight told me about you when she got you signed up for school a couple days ago. I’m your new teacher, Miss Cheerilee.”

“It’s nice to meet you too, Miss Cheerilee,” Joshua said.

“Well, I need to get going,” she said, “I have some shopping to do so I’ll be ready for the first day tomorrow.”

“Bye Miss Cheerilee!” I said waving a hoof as she left, “See you tomorrow!”

After she left, we saw Babs coming up to us.

“There you two are!” she said spotting us.

“Hey Babs,” I said.

“Hey Nyx. Hey Joshua. Where were you two yesterday?” Babs asked.

“We were visiting my aunt and uncle at the Crystal Empire,” I said.

“Neat,” Babs said, “Everypony else is waiting for you guys at the clubhouse. We gotta get in one more day of crusadin’ before school starts for us all tomorrow.”

“Well, lead the way Babs,” I said. She then blew her overhanging piece of mane out of her face and started leading us to the clubhouse.

“Just to let you two know, I’m gonna be going back to Manehatten tonight if you guys want to see me off,” Babs said.

“Oh,” Joshua said, “You’ll come back and visit right?”

“‘Course I will,” Babs said, “We’ll see each other again, buddy. You haven’t seen the last of me.”

“Okay.”

A few minutes later, we arrived at the clubhouse. The other crusaders were already inside.

“There you are,” Apple Bloom said.

“They just came back from visiting the Crystal Empire,” Babs explained.

“And we have a special announcement to make,” I added as Joshua climbed off my back.

“What is it?!” Sweetie Belle said excitedly.

“Twilight decided to adopt Joshua as a son. Now he really will be my little brother,” I told them, wrapping my foreleg around Joshua’s shoulders.

“Awesome!” Scootaloo said flapping her wings rapidly.

“Congratulations!” Apple Bloom said, “Anything else?”

“Twilight also got me signed up to the school you all go to,” Joshua added.

“That’s great to hear!” Twist said.

“Well y’all, we’ve got one more day of summer vacation left,” Apple Bloom said, “What should we do?”

“Why don’t we let Joshua decide?” Scootaloo suggested.

“Me?” he asked putting one of his hands on his chest.

“Why not?” Sweetie Belle agreed.

“Your choice little brother,” I said. Joshua put his hand to his chin in a thinking manner. An idea hit him after a while.

“Is there a bowling place?” he asked.

“Yeah, Mr. Kingpin’s Alley,” Sweetie Belle answered, “We’ve only been there once to try for bowling cutie marks, but it didn’t work out too well. You want to go bowling?”

“Yeah, bowling is something my mommy and daddy did every year on my birthday,” he said, “I missed it this year, because...you know.”

“I guess it couldn’t hurt to go there again,” Scootaloo said, “After all, we agreed that he could choose.”

“Then it’s settled,” Apple Bloom said. Soon, the seven of us went over to Mr. Kingpin’s alley. When we entered, the normal noises of balls rolling and pins crashing met our ears. Apple Bloom went to get a scorecard for us, while the rest of us went to find an open lane where we could play together. While looking around, we saw an open lane next to where we saw Rainbow Dash and Applejack.

“Rainbow Dash!” Scootaloo exclaimed running over. Rainbow looked over and saw us coming up.

“Hey Squirt,” she said ruffling Scootaloo’s mane, “What brings you here?”

“The rest of the crusaders and I are here to play a game as our final summer activity together,” she explained, “It was Joshua’s decision actually.”

“I thought he went to the Crystal Empire with Nyx, Spike, and Twi,” Rainbow said.

“We were only there for one day,” I said as the rest of us came over. We stopped at the open lane next to them.

“Hey there Joshua,” Applejack said, “Went to the Crystal Empire, did ya?”

“Uh-huh,” Joshua answered, “It was really cool. And Rainbow Dash?”

“Yeah kid?”

“Thank you for the Daring Do book. It really was awesome!”

“I knew you’d like it,” Rainbow said, “I’ll bring over the Griffin’s Goblet sometime for ya. So where’s Twilight? Is she back at the library with Spike?”

“No, she went to Canterlot. She said she’s going to be adopting me as her son,” Joshua explained.

“Well congratulations sugarcube,” Applejack said.

“Hey Applejack!”

Apple Bloom came running over with the scorecard in her mouth. She placed it on a table near our lane and trotted over to nuzzle her older sister.

“Hey there Apple Bloom,” Applejack said returning the nuzzle, “Decided to try bowling again?”

“Yeah,” Apple Bloom replied, “What are you and Rainbow doin’ here?”

“Just our usual sparrin’ that we do together,” Applejack answered.

“Well, let’s get started,” Rainbow said, picking up a ball. The order in my game with Joshua and the other crusaders was Sweetie Belle starting off, then Scootaloo, Apple Bloom, Babs, Twist, me, and then Joshua. Sweetie Belle picked up her ball and gave it a roll. She told me about her first time bowling, and she got all gutter balls. Her first shot was a gutter ball. On her second shot, she managed to knock down seven pins.

“All right!” she cheered, “I finally got some!”

On Scootaloo’s first time bowling, she had trouble keeping her ball in the lane. This time, she did a whole lot better. She first knocked down five pins on her first throw, and then picked up the spare with her second throw.

“Sweet!” she said.

“Nice shot Scoots,” Rainbow said looking over.

Apple Bloom didn’t really want to talk too much about her first time bowling. Her first roll had her knock down nine pins. She missed the final one on her second throw.

“Shoot,” she said, “Oh well.”

Babs really surprised us with her first shot. It came down as a strike.

“Wow Babs, nice shot!” Apple Bloom said.

“Thanks cuz. My sis an’ I go bowlin’ in Manehatten every once in a while.”

Twist had a little difficulty with her shot. She knocked down two pins on her first throw, then five on her second. When it was my throw, I got five pins on the first throw, and then four on the second. Finally it was Joshua’s turn. He picked up a ball that was easy enough for him to carry in his hands, and walked up to the lane. He then rolled the ball down the lane with a good amount of speed. When it reached the pins, all of them got knocked down. He scored a strike.

“Whoa!” Babs said impressed, “Looks like I got some competition. Nice goin’ kid.”

“Thanks Babs,” Joshua said. The rest of the game went out pretty good for all of us. Babs and Joshua were the ones beating us. They never missed a single pin, whether it was a strike or a spare. Applejack and Rainbow Dash were going all out on their game though. They got strikes every time they came up. Soon it came down to the last frame for us all, and Joshua and Babs were tied at the moment.

Sweetie Belle picked up a spare on her first two and knocked down five extra pins on her last throw. Scootaloo scored a split pickup and six extra pins on her last throw. Apple Bloom managed to get a strike and a spare on her last two throws. When Babs came up, she scored two strikes and nine pins extra, putting her in a good spot to win. Twist got three pins on her first throw, then six pins on her second throw, so she didn’t get her extra throw. I got a strike on my first throw, then a 7-10 split, on my second throw, so my last throw had me knock down one of the final two pins over. This put me in fourth place behind Apple Bloom who was in third. Scootaloo scored fifth, Sweetie Belle sixth, and Twist seventh. Finally Joshua was up.

“You’ve still got a good chance of beating me Joshua,” Babs said, “All you need to do is score three strikes in a row.”

“I’ve never done that before,” he said.

“Just try your best little brother,” I told him. He picked up his ball and rolled it down the lane. The result was a strike.

“That’s one,” Apple Bloom said, “Two more.”

Joshua picked up the ball again and rolled it. Another strike.

“That’s two!” Scootaloo said flapping her wings excitedly.

“One more to go!” Sweetie Belle said with a green spark coming from her horn.

Joshua picked up the ball one final time and rolled it. We all looked on as the ball went down the lane, and with a crash, Joshua scored the third strike.

“Did I do that?” Joshua asked.

“You sure did!” I said patting him on the back, “Nice going little brother! You won!”

“Whoa, never saw that one comin’,” Babs said, “Nice going Joshua, you beat me fair and square.”

“Nice going kid,” Rainbow said as she and Applejack trotted up to us, “You were pretty good, almost as good as I was.”

“Thanks Rainbow,” he replied, “How did you and Applejack do?”

“We ended up tyin’ each other,” Applejack responded, “We each got a perfect 300.”

“It’s my first time getting a perfect game too,” Rainbow added.

“Well Apple Bloom and Babs, we’d best be gettin’ back to the farm,” Applejack said.

“Okay,” the two cousins replied.

“I need to get home too,” Twist said, “I was planning on making some of my peppermint sticks for desert after dinner tonight.”

Soon, the rest of us had left the bowling alley, with Scootaloo riding on Rainbow’s back, and Sweetie Belle heading toward Rarity’s. It was sunset when Joshua and I arrived at the library. When we entered, we could smell Spike making dinner.

“Spike? We’re back.” I called. He then peeked his head out of the kitchen.

“Oh, hey there you two,” he greeted us, “Why don’t you two go wash up? Dinner’s almost ready.”

After washing up, we sat down at the table and had dinner. Spike had cooked up a delicious plate of spaghetti for each of us. After dinner, we all went over to the train station to see Babs off and to see Twilight come back. We arrived at the station and saw Applejack, Apple Bloom, and Babs waiting for the next train to come.

“Hey again,” Apple Bloom said upon spotting us, “Hey Spike.”

“Hey there you guys,” Spike said, “What are you all doing here?”

“I’m goin’ back to Manehatten tonight,” Babs said, “I’ve got school tomorrow, and I need to rest up.”

Just then a whistle sounded, and we saw a train light in the distance coming toward the station. Soon, it stopped at the platform and the doors opened up.

“Station stop Ponyville,” we heard the conductor say, “Next stop, Manehatten.”

“Guess that’s me,” Babs said. He then turned to Apple Bloom and hugged her. “See ya later cuz.”

“Bye Babs,” Apple Bloom said. Babs then turned and hugged Applejack. She then trotted up to me and Joshua. Babs and I gave each other a hoofbump, and she then hugged Joshua.

“See ya Joshua,” Babs said, “I’ll be expectin’ a rematch in bowlin’ when I get back. Okay?”

“Okay Babs,” Joshua replied, “Come back soon, okay?”

“You betcha,” Babs said. After Babs and Joshua stopped hugging, she climbed onto the train. We then saw Twilight walking toward us. I hurried over and hugged her.

“Hello there sweetie,” she said returning the hug. She then trotted up to Joshua and Spike. “Well, the adoption forms have been filled out. You are now my son, Joshua.”

Joshua walked up to Twilight and hugged her, “Thank you...mom,” he said sighing happily.

Later, we were all back at the library getting ready for bed. Twilight was picking out a bed time story to read to us, while Spike was already snoozing in his basket. I was still wide awake in my bed, and Joshua was in the bathroom getting his pajamas on. Suddenly...

AAAAAAAAAAHHHHHH!!!!!!!

Joshua’s voice came out loud and clear from behind the bathroom door. Spike woke up from the loud scream and sat up to attention. Twilight was already hurrying over to the bathroom after hearing Joshua scream. After we burst through the door, we did not expect to see this.

Joshua was looking straight at the mirror, and there on his head was a unicorn horn.

Music:

Family - Super Mario Galaxy

Traverse Town - Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 ReMIX

Buoy Base Galaxy - Super Mario Galaxy

Crepsecularity - AcousticBrony

Thrill Theme ~ Suspense - Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

Author's Note:

What is happening to Joshua? :twilightoops: Nopony knows.

PreviousChapters Next