• Published 28th Sep 2014
  • 268 Views, 0 Comments

A New Image - mjk 705



Rarity and Mason visit Canterlot, but then what some would call a miracle happens.

  • ...
 0
 268

Compications

I have had many challenges in my life since I got to Equestria. From accepting the fact I'd never see my family again to saving Equestria twice. However, one day I was faced with the most difficult of them all. Oh, that day, of all days, was going to change my life forever.

I got the mail as I do every morning, and headed back inside my house. I filed through my mail once I got inside, and found that I had gotten a letter from Rarity. I opened the envelope and read the letter.

"Dear Mason,

I am happy to tell you that I have been accepted to show my newest line of dresses in Canterlot, and I hope I am not being a burden to your plans by asking you to come with me. I did invite the others, but they all seem to busy during the time I will be there. So it would be just the two of us, if you could accompany me."

I couldn't believe it! I was going to Canterlot with Rarity. And just the two of us, so there would be little to worry about. I shook my head to get the idea of dating her out of my head. For one thing, we were still two different species, and I couldn't live with myself if I took Rarity before Spike even had a chance to do so himself. I set the rest of my mail down, and headed towards the CB. After I told Rarity I would accompany her, she told me that we would be leaving tomorrow, and be back sometime next week. I spent the rest of the day packing my things.

*The Next Day*

I arrived at the station with the supplies I packed the day before. It didn't take long to find Rarity within the crowd of ponies, due to my height and Rarity's mountain of packed things. I walked my way over to Rarity, to make sure that both of us could get on the train at the same time.

"Hey, Rarity, I made it here." I announced.

"Oh, thank goodness! I was almost worried you wouldn't show up!" she exclaimed "Well, its a good thing you got here when you did! it looks like the train is arriving right now!" The train pulled into the station just as Rarity fished talking. We boarded the train, placed our luggage in the luggage cart (witch could make a claustrophobic pony faint within thirty seconds), and found a place to sit. It was a small, two-seated area, with a plaque that read "Thank You for Choosing Ponyvile Express Railways." bolted to the bottom of the window.

"I have never gotten sick of riding this train." Rarity states.

"Neither do I." I respond.

"I must say though, and I don't mean to offend you when I say this, but I find it odd that you decided to accompany me."

"How so?"

"Well, you didn't seem to be the type that would be interested in something like the newest fashion designs, especially ones you couldn't even use."

"True, but just because I can't use something doesn't mean I can't know about it."

"Well, I didn't mean it like that, its just, well...."

"Well what?"

"I don't know, but...oh look, we're here!" I looked out the window to see that we had already reached Canterlot.

*Canterlot*

"NO FREE ROOMS?" Rarity yelled "HOW CAN THERE NOT BE ANY FREE ROOMS? THIS IS THE BIGGEST HOTEL IN ALL OF EQUESTRIA AND YOU MEAN TO TELL US THAT THERE ARE NO FREE ROOMS?"

"I'm sorry miss, but all the rooms are either taken or reserved. I'm afraid you will need to use another hotel." said the mare at the front desk.

"But...I..."

"Now hold on a second," I thought to myself "Canterlot has a population of about 45,000 ponies, counting the royal guard and the two princesses, but this hotel has 46,000 rooms, as it says out front. Even if every pony in Canterlot booked one room to themselves, there would still have about a thousand rooms." "There must be some mistake." I said "Can you check again?"

"Okay, but I'm telling you, all the rooms are either occupied or reserved."

"Comet, that's the emergency exit scroll. Let me come over there." Said a stallion who had come from a room next to the wall. He gave Comet a scroll and looked at us.

"I'm terribly sorry about this. Comet here just started to work here yesterday and is still figuring out the procedures and..." he stopped once he got better look at me. "Oh...its you, Comet, these are the guests."

"What guests? I don't..." Comet looked at me "Oh! I knew I seen that face somewhere! You two, this way please!" Comet exited her work area and walked down the hall. "I never thought you would come here. From what I've heard, you live in Ponyvile."

"That's correct." I said

"Okay, here's your room! Enjoy your stay!" Comet opened the door and gave us a key. We entered the room and I closed the door.

"Well that was odd," Said Rarity "You didn't reserve this room by chance, did you?"

"No. Maybe someone else reserved the room for us."

"Maybe. Well, whoever did, they must be pretty popular around here. I mean, look at this room! The arrangement of everything is just so amazing!"

"Yea, it sure is..." I stopped to take a look around the room "...amazing."

"Alright, today has already been quite exciting! Now, lets get unpacked."

"Right." We spent 20 minutes unpacking our things and getting comfortable. Well, it took me only about five minutes, but Rarity on the other hoof...

"Are you sure you don't want any help Rarity?" I asked

"Absolutely positive."

"Okay, if you insist." About an hour or so passed, when it happened. The thing that started it all.

"Dear Celestia, It's almost 3'o clock! I haven't eaten since this morning!"

"Me neither. I think I saw a restaurant on the way here."

"Well what are we waiting for?"

"Alright lets go." "After all, what could go wrong?" I thought to myself. To think I would've learned over the years I had watched T.V...

Author's Note:

To those who have been waiting for this for a long time, I apologize for the long wait.

Comments ( 0 )
Login or register to comment