• Published 17th Jun 2013
  • 1,277 Views, 7 Comments

The Proxy - Eyesclops



17 year old Leon finds himself thrust into Equestria.

  • ...
10
 7
 1,277

CH11: A Division And A Reunion

-Canterlot Castle-

Twilight had just worked up the heart to open up the second page in the book. She sighed. What the page of the two crowns would say, she had no idea.

She turned the page and looked at it. Nothing. She stared and stared. Just like the last page, she was not getting anything from it. Ten minutes went by. Twenty. Thirty.

"It likes to mess with me doesn't it? Oh well." She got up and decided to take a break.

Behind her, the voice of God called out to her.

I chose you two to be my proxies from the beginning. Do not think that because you exist, this land will be saved. I have vested my hope into this last gamble, and if I lose, I'm going to have to pay money I don't have.

Twilight, I have given you the gift of magic, of good friends, and of a brilliant mind. I task you with this: Help Leon grow, as Celestia was your teacher, help Leon learn the ways of this world. Who knows?

His voice paused, letting loose and audible laugh.

Maybe this world has hope after all.

...You only get one life in this world... but if live it right, you'll only need one...

And my message to you, Leon...

-Leon and Princess Celestia's Location-

I looked to the ground below me. It was no longer the cold, wintry environment that it had been. In fact, here, it was warm and summery, the trees below had bright green leaves, and there was a lake that glistened in the sun.

"So Leon, who exactly kidnapped you, and how did you escape?" The Princess looked at me and said. Spitfire was flying beside us at a leisurely pace.

"During the train ride, there were two involved. I'm guessing one stopped the train with explosives, the other was..." he looked beside him, Spitfire looked over, interested in this story as well.

The Princess spoke, "So? What about the tan earth pony Twilight said she saw. And wouldn't there have to be a third? She claimed to have been magically thrown against the wall when she was knocked out. That was confirmed by several other witnesses you know."

I looked directly at her. "The attendant wasn't a simple earth pony. She was the one who threw Twilight, I'm positive."

Celestia was confused, but didn't let it show on her face, "You know as well as I do it is impossible. The reason magic can be done is because of the horn, without it... an Earth pony is incapable of magic."

I looked at her, and said with a serious tone, "They weren't just ponies, Celestia."

Spitfire looked over at me, jaw unconsciously open. I had just spoken to the ruler of Equestria, mentioned her name, and didn't even use her title. It was, to her, the pinnacle of disrespect to do such a thing. Close friends and family members? Maybe. A total moron that was in the middle of nowhere? Unacceptable.

"Leon! Are you a moron! Refer to the princess by her title!" Spitfire said in a way that gave off a hint of anger.

"Don't worry Spitfire." The princess laughed and looked at her, "Leon is a friend, and though he isn't used to some of the traditional customs, he's very important to Equestria. I really don't mind it anyways. A lot of the traditions get old after a while."

Spitfire looked at the kind, understanding being, and her face softened, "Sorry Leon, I guess I'm not used to people talking as if the Princess were an equal. Still, it would help if you referred to her as such."

I laughed. "Okay, Miss Spitfire, I'll do my best. I never was one for formality among friends. I can't promise much though."

She rolled her eyes and flew on ahead. The princess turned her attention back to me, "So if they weren't Earth ponies, what does that mean? You know as well as I do changing from unicorn to another type of pony is a feat that has yet to be achieved. You can't be saying that..."

Her voice trailed off, "No, they haven't created a new spell. Let me give you a hint. When I came to, the tan mare who had kidnapped me was an winged unicorn, just like..."

She cut me off, finally understanding, "God was. So Gods were sent here... just for you?"

I nodded. There was a short pause before began to recite how I had escaped. Spitfire not listening at all, still peeved by the way a addressed the princess.

-The Birth and End of All Worlds-

The figures stood there, apparently silent and dormant. In all honesty, they could communicate with each other in some form of higher plane.

The Mysterious Figure of Death spoke, "Hello Ace, Aria."

They materialized in front of the figures in the form of two beings of light.

Aria immediately bowed, Ace however, looked around. "Whoa, what happened to your table? Its wrecked."

The Figure of Truths responded to his question, even though it was rude. "The previous Guardian of Equestria destroyed it in his rage."

The Figure of War spoke to them, "My two favorite servants, this was your first time failing an assignment we have given to you. Explain yourselves."

Aria spoke up, "We were unprepared, the boy was deceivingly smart. We... we regrettably failed because of the fact we underestimated him."

"So while we have tasked you with the capture of countless other Gods, you failed in the detaining of a single mortal boy?" The Figures of the Spiritual, the Corporeal, and Peace projected their voices in unison.

Ace decided not to give excuses. He smiled. "I liked Leon, and to be honest, for the first time ever, I'm beginning to question why you chose to eliminate him. Let the place have its chance. It was fun as hell there, to be honest, and I've been to hell." He laughed a bit to himself, and Aria hit his side.

"Do you want our spiritual forms to get killed! Shut the hell up!" Aria whispered to Ace.

"Let him speak." The Figures all spoke in unison, except for the ones of Hatred, War and Death.

"I went to that world with a single mission, to find the boy Leon and end his life. It was easy enough to find him. Aria knocked him out, and we took him to a cave a decent distance from everywhere else. I remember, though, seeing several settlements. The joy, and peace... All of it. Honestly speaking, I really began to question what you guys were thinking, planning on destroying it. It had its own sense of, well, awesome. Still, I decided that you guys had it right and so we went and caught your man." He laughed, "Let me tell you, he's a tough nut to crack. Aria said we underestimated him. Well, when he decided to leave that cave, I wasn't messing around. I saw him dodge one of Aria's lances, and let me tell you, that kid could dodge. Him killing us wasn't a fluke. I really think that. Aria's sense of duty is clouding her memory."

The figures sat there. They had been discussing, in their plane, as to what to do. Not just the ruler of the realm, but a god, who was only there briefly, began to question their thoughts as well.

"It wasn't until then I really decided the land deserved a chance to live. I mean, if you've ever fought, you understand what I mean. Sometimes, when someone is facing what could be their last moments, and they are willing to fight for their life. When you cross swords with them. Sometimes you see their feelings deep inside them. He wasn't going to give up, he really, truly cared about the land he was in, even though you said he's only been there for a few days. I could tell. I get it now..."

His paused, his next words would ring throughout the figures' ears.

"I finally understand. You guys always obsess over a balance between harmony and chaos. I figured it out, though, when I saw this land and Leon. Harmony is the balance, and chaos... well, its not." He smiled, and in the most cocky fashion he could, he finished saying, "I'm sorry, but I've decided I'm not going to be your dog any more." He smiled.

They were silent, both in the audible plane, and the one which they communicated. They, each, shocked as to the last thing they had heard. When he spoke that last bit, they felt like they heard Equestria's previous Guardian speaking as well. Both men, essentially had said the same thing.

Aria looked down. She had always been the serious one, the observant one. The goofball Ace saw this? In such a short period of time?

The figures, these superior beings, turned to face her. The figures of Love, Death, and Hatred all spoke, "And what say you of the land? How did you see it? Do you believe in its worth?"

She froze, but before she could speak, two more spoke up, "She never paid attention to her surroundings, and this time was not an exception. She always has focused too much on her targets. Asking her is useless."

Another spoke up in the circle, "We may never know until we try."

Ace realized what was going on before Aria, though she soon followed suit. The Enigmatic Beings had stopped working in unison.

The lava around the plateau began to become even more volatile than before. Amidst the argument, that was taking place not in the higher realm, they heard the beings say, though not nearly in sync as they normally were, "Begone!" Both deities faded into nothingness.

-The Land of Eden-

They reformed in a beautiful garden that seemed to expand indefinitely, trees and flowers perfectly planted, walkways and hedges lining where one should walk.

"It's beautiful isn't it?" Equestria's God spoke up from behind them. They turned to face him. He smiled, "So you were the two who were sent after Leon... How did it go?"

Ace shrugged, "I guess you were right about Equestria after all, your little agent showed me that. I dunno what you said to the Figures, but whatever it was, they were off guard, and I think I just tipped them over the edge."

God laughed, he had talked with Ace before, and had spoken about his world. Ace finally witnessed what he had meant, and Ace had to agree.

Aria, however, was serious, "What are you two talking about? Idiots! The Figures, they're arguing! You two killed their eternal order! This... it is unacceptable!"

God smiled, "They never had order, it was always an illusion." Ace nodded. Aria was immediately disarmed, she looked to the ground.

"I suppose we might have gone a bit overboard. Right?" Ace asked.

"We didn't plan this, they brought it upon themselves. Being stagnant is a dangerous thing to do when everything around you is changing," God closed his eyes, "Things aren't going my way today, are they?"

"Yeah, Eden always has been a deceivingly beautiful prison. A punishment disguised as a reward." Ace smiled.

-Canterlot Castle, Twilight's Room-

Twilight just heard God's message to Leon.

And my message to you, Leon...

Your cutie mark is your destiny. Show Equestria the Light, Leon. That is how you will win this chess match. The King is Equestria, the King is Twilight, The King is You. Show the world you have what it takes to get a Checkmate.

The voice died down. Twilight turned back to the book. Two sentences adorned the page:

Leon, unlike me, you aren't just a bystander. You are the player.

A wind blew from nowhere, and a new page appeared. Twelve formless figures were sitting around a diamond table, on a plateau surrounded by lava.

"What is this?" She walked up to the book and sat down to observe the page.

-Canterlot Castle Entrance-

I walked up towards the entrance of the castle with the Princess, Spitfire, and my crown on my back. All of the guards near the entrance bowed as we approached, no doubt to their princess.

"Welcome back, may I take your luggage?" A single male blue earth pony came up to us.

Spitfire responded positively, giving her suitcase to the assistant. Celestia smiled as Twilight's friends came out of the castle.

"Hey everyone!" I waved as they came out. Their faces all lit up.

"Leon!" They all ran up to me and did a giant group hug. I smiled, these ponies were amazingly friendly, Twilight was lucky to have friends like these.

"We were just about to head to town, what are you doing here?" Rainbow Dash asked.

Then, from behind me, I heard Spitfire speak up. "Rainbow Dash?"

Rainbow Dash looked up and squealed in joy. "Spitfire? From THE Wonderbolts? YEEEEEEEEE!" She was so happy.

Celestia smiled, "Spitfire will be staying here for a week, but since all of you are taking up the guest rooms she's going to need to share with somep-"

"ME! She can share a room with me!" Rainbow Dash had jumped upon the opportunity before anyone else could.

Spitfire laughed, "Why not?" Everyone joined in with her laughter.

We all sat around and talked for a while.

"I'm going to check on Twilight okay? Princess Celestia, where would I find her?" I spoke up as we entered the castle. She smiled and gave me directions to her room. "Everyone, I'll see you in a bit!"

I walked down the hallway and looked for the corridor near the library, where Celestia said Twilight's room was.

Finally, I found it, I knocked on the door.

"Come on in!" I heard on the other side of the door. I opened it and entered. Twilight was sitting there, and without even looking up from her book, began to speak, "Welcome back Princess Celestia! I figured out what the second page, the one with the crowns says, and another one just showed u-"

I stood in the doorway. "Twilight, I know how much we look alike, but I'll never be Princess Celestia." I chuckled lightly.

She froze and slowly looked up from her book to me. Tears were in her eyes. "Leon? I thought.. I thought..." She smiled, tears of joy streaming from her eyes as she got up. She ran to me, and immediately, we were in each other's embrace.

Home is where the Heart is.

I was home again.

Author's Note:

I didn't publish a chapter yesterday due to the fact I worked ALL DAY. I honestly feel like this chapter wasn't as good as the others, and I've been groggy all day, but here it is anyways. Oh well. Let me know what you suggest in the comments. Read on fellow Bronies!

Comments ( 2 )

Error 404: Next chapter not found.

I wonder why it simply stops. Author not been online since 2013 either.

Login or register to comment