• Published 14th Feb 2012
  • 1,493 Views, 12 Comments

Sweetie Belle's Hot Chocolate Adventure - Pills Here!



When Sweetie Belle gains a obsession for chocolate, she sets out in search for the ingredients!

  • ...
2
 12
 1,493

Chapter One: Crusading and Craving

Sweetie Belle’s Amazing Hot Chocolate Adventure
By Nicolas J.C. Sherman

Prologue

The clock reached three o’ clock and rang, giving the signal to stay away from the schoolhouse doors.

“Alright, my little ponies, today’s your first day of summer vacation. Be safe and have fun!” announced Ms. Cheerilee.

As soon as they heard this, they busted through the doors of the schoolhouse as if it was a fire hose. The ponies talked to each other about their summer plans as they walked out of the narrow school door. The dirt roads of Ponyville were soon crowded with ponies that were all excited about their three-month vacation.

“I’ve got a lot of ideas that we could use for Cutie Mark Crusading, “said Scootaloo.

“I think we’ll strike it this time!” exclaimed Sweetie Belle.

“Just make sure that ya don’t overdo paragliding like you usually do, Scootaloo”, mentioned Applebloom, “Besides, what kinda pegasus needs to paraglide?”

Sweetie Belle stopped for a moment to think, before she ran towards Rarity’s house.

“Just wait here, I’ll get our capes”, said Sweetie Belle.

Scootaloo and Applebloom waited for her to return.

-----

Sweetie Belle ran towards Rarity’s home, until a billboard caught her eye. Stopping to read the billboard, she saw small writings littering across the bottom with a picture of a pony happily drinking a brownish liquid.

In larger letters, it said, “Dukefarm’s Homemade Chocolate Drink. Made with 100% natural ingredients!”

Her eyes ran across the big letters as she got a weird, craving feeling.

Chocolate...

Sweetie Belle stood in stunning interest as she read the smaller words, which contained a small paragraph of how the Dukefarms came to be. She wondered what it would be like to make the delicious chocolate, and to be able to taste it before your customers even get a sight of it! Maybe it had needed great effort, and great talent to back that up. Speaking of talent, Sweetie Belle realized she had no talent. At least not yet. When her mind finally rushed back into reality, she remembered her current task: Fetching the capes.

-----

Racing through town, Sweetie Belle took the fastest route to Rarity’s home. She dashed across the Apple barn and took the shortcut behind Books and Branches, finding Carousel Boutique in a matter of minutes. She slammed through the door, and ran upstairs into her room. She searched high and low for the capes, but couldn’t find it. She checked her bed, the bedside table, After a while of searching, she found three pieces of red cloth pinned onto the wall. She pulled them onto her back and ran out her room. Bumping her way downstairs, she ran towards the door, but the chocolate thought stopped her in her tracks.

“Rarity, do you know about hot chocolate?”

“Hot chocolate? No, silly, the chocolate would melt.”

“I was talking about the drink!”

“A chocolate drink? No, I have not heard about something like that. You should ask Pinkie Pie about that kind of... chocolate.”

“Okay! Bye sister!”

Although she felt tired, Sweetie Belle galloped towards the schoolhouse, following the same shortcut she used before. Seeing the schoolhouse, she slowed down to a slow trot, and met up with her friends.

-----

“What took you so long?” asked Scootaloo.

“Sorry”, said Sweetie Belle while taking a cape, “What do we do next?”

“Ah’m not going to do that scaring thing again.”

“Yeah, you scared Princess Luna out of her skin”, said Scootaloo.

“We could try swimming”, suggested Sweetie Belle.

“Yeah, it’s the weather that fits it”, said Scootaloo while looking at a cloud.

“Wait! What kinda cutie mark would you get from swimming?” asked Applebloom.

“I don’t know. Let’s go to Twilight’s house and find out what we could do next”, said Scootaloo.

After the three fillies took their CMC capes, they shouted, “CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS!” and ran towards Twilight’s library, Books and Branches.

Chapter One: Crusading and Craving

The next day, Sweetie Belle met up with her friends at their Cutie Mark Crusader treehouse. They had brought stuff for their next meeting. Scootaloo brought bright flags and Applebloom brought planks of wood and nails.

“So, whatcha do last night?” asked Applebloom.

“I well, uh…” stammered Sweetie Belle.

“Ya forgot about the disguises, didn’t ya?” asked Applebloom, “Did ya make them yet?”

“I did, let me get them”, replied Sweetie Belle.

“She sure forgets a lot of stuff now”, commented Scootaloo, “I wonder what’s in her mind.”

“Don’t know”, replied Applebloom, “And Ah forgot to remind her about the toolbox.”

-----

As Sweetie Belle ran, she tried to recall what the Crusaders did yesterday, but that dragged her mind to the thought of the delicious chocolaty drink. Nearly home, she spotted another billboard, just like the one from yesterday. She slowed down to read the advertisement.

No, don’t stop!

You have to get the disguises and head back to the others!

But the flavor... I can’t resist! It’s too hard!

Maybe I should tell Pinkie about it. She’ll know what to do.

Finally making a decision about her growing craving, she continued galloping towards Rarity’s house.

-----

“What’s up with ya and returnin’ late these days?” asked Applebloom.

“Yeah, it only takes 15 minutes to get to Rarity’s and back”, continued Scootaloo, “And you took 30 minutes.”

“Well, it’s just that I’m busy with a lot of things and I was thinking of…,” explained Sweetie Belle.

“What?” asked Applebloom and Scootaloo.

“Well, I’m just…,” continued Sweetie Belle.

Sweetie Belle stammered as she had difficulty thinking. What would she say? Would she tell her latest secret, or would she just lie to avoid embarrassment. She knew these were her friends, and that friends can keep secrets. Trying to brave away the shy feeling, she explained it to her friends.

“Ok, I’ve kind of gotten the chocolate fever that some ponies around started to get”, explained Sweetie Belle timidly.

Applebloom and Scootaloo exchanged looks for a moment and then said, “That’s okay, Sweetie Belle. Everypony’s different.”

“I was just afraid that it might be embarrassing to say to you”, said Sweetie Belle.

“You can say any secret ya have to us”, said Applebloom, “I have a secret too. One time, Ah scared Princess Luna with a weird smile and some ketchup.”

“We already know that, Applebloom!” said Sweetie Belle and Scootaloo.

“Here are the disguises”, said Sweetie Belle.

“Perfect”, said Scootaloo, “No pony can tell.”

“Ah think it’s a little too dark”, said Applebloom.

“Well they’re supposed to be like that!” said Scootaloo.

“Well Ah don’t think that we’ll be invisible wearing those black things while we’re in daylight”, explained Applebloom.

“That means we’ll do it at night”, replied Scootaloo.

“But what will we do in the meantime?” asked Sweetie Belle.

“We could do…. This!” exclaimed Scootaloo while holding up a flag.

“What are we gonna do with a flag?” asked Applebloom.

“That flag looks like it’s for those pegasi-transport thingies”, commented Sweetie Belle.

“Exactly”, said Scootaloo, “We’re going to try to help land those pegasi-transports.”

“That might make for a decent cutie mark”, said Applebloom.

After the three fillies discussed their plans, they ran off shouting in the air, “CUTIE MARK CRUSADERS!”

-----

Using stilts, nails, a hat, and a ridiculously large overcoat, the disguised fillies walked over to the shipping terminal.

“You’re joking, right?” said the post officer, “We need pegasi to help land those transports! We don’t just wave around flags; we help slow down the transports for safe landing! Now get out of my face!”

Scootaloo popped her wings out of the wing-holes in the big disguise suit.

“Oh, well then, we can come to an agreement. Try to land 5 transports safely and if you do, you’re hired”, said the post officer.

Unlocking a door, he revealed the landing port. This place was a wide, expansive plain of asphalt road with streamlined marks on it. There were large, pegasi-pulled air-transports that were entering and leaving the terminal, all in a fast but organized fashion. There was pegasi here and there, some slowing down transports for landing, others using flag signals, and some giving airbuses a good push for take-off.

The disguised three fillies walked onto the rough asphalt. Scootaloo tried and tried to flap her wings as hard as she could, but could not lift the three even an inch off the ground.

“Why aren’t we flyin’?” asked Applebloom.

“Too…. heavy…” replied Scootaloo.

A transport that was ready for landing was waiting for the disguise pegasus to do something, but was sadly ignored. The transport was going too fast to land safely. When it reached the terminal, it collided with the road and the transport tore itself to pieces.

Popping out of the rubble, the post officer yelled, “YOU, ARE, FIRED!”

-----

When the moon rose up, the three fillies snuck through the rooms of the building, trying to avoid any contact with the neatly placed furniture. Scootaloo tried to open a door, but sadly, it was locked.

“Ah’ll open it”, whispered Applebloom while taking a kung-fu pose, “But first, I need you to do something, Scootaloo.”

“What?” asked Scootaloo.

“Ah need you to stand next to the door and say, “THIS IS MADNESS!”” said Applebloom.

“Okay…” replied Scootaloo.

Scootaloo walked next to the door and tried to say it the way Applebloom said it.

“THIS IS MADNESS!” said Scootaloo.

“Madness… THIS, IS, SPARTA!” yelled Applebloom.

CRASH!

Applebloom aggressively Sparta-kicked the door and it shattered to pieces.

“OAHHHHH YEAH!” yelled Applebloom.

“Excuse me, Applebloom, but aren’t we supposed to do it the sneaky way?” asked Sweetie Belle.

Deal With It”, replied Applebloom as she put on Rainbow Dash’s sunglasses.

“Where’d you get those sunglasses?” asked Scootaloo.

“What are you doing, girls?” asked Rarity as she entered the room.

“We were just trying to be Cutie Mark Crusader Ninja Spies”, said Applebloom.

“It’s not nice to sneak into somepony’s house while they’re asleep”, said Rarity.

“Sorry Rarity”, said the CMCs as they walked out of the room.

-----

Sweetie Belle tossed and turned in her bed. She could not lift the thought of chocolaty goodness off her mind. She tiredly got out of bed and looked outside the window. It was still dark. Trying to sustain her craving and go to sleep, she left her room. Looking at one corner of the hallway, she saw a psychotic-looking Applebloom staring right at her.

“WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWREEEEEEEEEAHOUGHHAWWAAAAYYEEEAHHGGOOOOOUY”

With an annoyed face, Sweetie Belle went back to her room. She took a beach ball from her toy box and threw it at the “Applebloom”.

BAM!

The beach ball hit the “Applebloom” and the face cracked into small chunks.

“WHOOOOWREEEEWAOOGHooooooooooohhhh….”

It turned to be an old creep toy that Applebloom gave to her during Halloween. As Sweetie Belle cleaned up the mess, she saw a note attached to the face.

“YOURSOULISMINE”, it read.

Disappointed, Sweetie Belle took the beach ball again and threw it behind her.

“HI gUr-“

SPAK!

Another direct hit, this time breaking the toy into smaller pieces.

What was behind Sweetie Belle was another creepypasta toy; this one was one that had the picture of a zalgofied psychotic Twilight. After cleaning up the broken toys, she walked to Rarity’s room and nudged her awake.

“Rarity, can I ask you something?”

“What is it, Sweetie Belle?”

“I’m hungry”, replied Sweetie Belle.

Rarity kept a cool face as she walked down to the kitchen with Sweetie Belle. Pointing to the refrigerator, she magically lifted a milk jug and placed it on a table. After closing the fridge, the unicorn opened a cabinet and took out a cereal box.

Serving it to Sweetie Belle, she said, “Now remember to clean up everything after you’re done. I have some tasks to attend to tomorrow.”

As she ate her midnight snack, she peered out the window to find that the billboard was right next to her house. As she imagined the chocolate melting into a warm, delicious drink, she fell asleep in the kitchen.

Chocolate...

-----

The next morning Sweetie Belle woke up to find that she was on the kitchen floor. Her half-eaten snack lay on the table as she got up. After cleaning up the mess, she opened the door to greet the morning breeze, which smelled of freshly baked goods from the bakery. She raced past many houses throughout the town. She raced towards Sugarcube Corner, only slowing down to knock on the door.

“Hello Sweetie Belle!”

“Oh, hello Pinkie.”

“So whatcha here for?”

“Can I tell you inside the bakery?”

“Sure you can!” replied Pinkie, hopping happily inside.

They went inside Sugarcube Corner. The smell of freshly baked cupcakes and the sight of many sweet treats was a large contrast from the outdoors. Everything felt like the usual Sugarcube Corner, except the Cakes were not there.

“Where are the Cakes?” asked Sweetie Belle.

“Oh they’re here. They’re just preparing for Princess Celestia and Luna’s visit”, replied Pinkie Pie.

“The Princesses are coming here?” asked Sweetie Belle.

“Yup! They’ll be here in four hours!” said Pinkie Pie, “So what were you going to ask me?”

“Well… Do you know about the chocolate drink?” asked Sweetie Belle.

“You mean the new hot cocoa drink?” asked Pinkie, “Yup!”

“Well, I kind of got into the chocolate fever some ponies have been getting”, said Sweetie Belle.

“Okay! I heard they’re getting those in the Ponyville Market next month!” exclaimed Pinkie.

“One month isn’t enough, though”, thought Sweetie Belle.

“So what do you have on sale?” asked Sweetie Belle.

“There are the daily cupcake dozens, croissants, cream puffs, sliced bread, and, uhh… that Alamode ice cream!” said Pinkie, reading the menu.

“Ok, how long until the Princesses arrive?”

“Didn’t you hear me? I said that they would be arriving in four hours, oh wait, two hours!”

“I’d better go, bye Pinkie!”

“Bye Sweetie Belle!”

-----

Sweetie Belle hurried over to Carousel Boutique. The wind flowed through her mane, but she would not slow down. Making it to the house, she found her sister making some dresses.
“What’s the time?” asked Sweetie Belle as she went inside.

“It is ten a.m., Sweetie Belle. Are you planning on going somewhere?”, said Rarity.
Sweetie Belle gasped and looked at the clock. Racing out of the boutique, she saw the royal chariot entering Ponyville. Sneaking in, Sweetie Belle saw that they were not there for a party, or a banquet; they were serious.

“... don’t get it... How do they know?”

“... Is it safe to place it there? I’m not sure if they will”

“... doesn’t seem right to do this; are you really sure?”

Darnit! I can’t hear it good! Please speak louder!

“... I still don’t think that they will...”

SPEAK LOUDER

“... uhhh, that’s where the other one will be at...”

Meh, I’m not getting much out of this. I wish I had a megaphone right now...

-----

“There you are!” said Scootaloo.

“Where were ya?” asked Applebloom.

“I was at Pinkie’s, and then I listened to a conversation from the Royal Sisters and Mayor Mare”, said Sweetie Belle.

“Really?” asked Scootaloo and Applebloom.

“What were they talking about?” asked Scootaloo.

“Are they still there?” asked Applebloom.

“They’re still there, but I couldn’t hear what they were saying”, replied Sweetie Belle.

“We still have the disguises, do you want to try and see what they’re talking about?” asked Scootaloo.

“Yeah, sure”, said Applebloom and Sweetie Belle.

“We could disguise as a big pony!” said Scootaloo.

After some planning, the three fillies raced off towards the town hall.

-----

While they were discussing, a giant lumbering pony appeared a short distance away from them. He was brown and looked like he had several bandages covering his “wounds”.

With her manliest voice possible, Applebloom said under the disguise, “Oh, hello Princesses! I’m just walking around and.. uhhh... yeah! I’m walking around!”

Luna turned her head and nearly jumped when she saw it.

“That’s one huge pony!” commented Luna.

“You idiot! Bow down before they notice!” whispered Scootaloo.

The giant pony attempted to gracefully bow before the Princesses, but fell over, revealing Applebloom, Scootaloo, Sweetie Belle, and some broken stilts, all in a clustered mess.

“We totally made fools out of ourselves”, said Scootaloo.

“Don’t blame me, Scootaloo, this was all your idea”, said Applebloom.

“Girls!” said Luna.

The girls expected the worst, but all that Luna said was, “That’s some amazing disguise.”

Celestia stood there with a pouty face.

“How did you make it that tall with only stilts?” asked Luna.

Celestia snuck behind Luna, slowly lifted her hoof, then suddenly jerked it towards Luna.

POW!

“Ouch! What was that?” said Luna as Trollestia quickly went back into her normal stance.

“Anyway, I’d like to see how you did that trick last Nightmare Night, Applebloom”, continued Luna.

“Hmmm, I got it!” said Applebloom.

“What?” asked Luna.

“DAT’S THE WAY, UHUH UHUH, AH LIKE IT, UHUH UHUH!” said Applebloom.

The other ponies just stood there with shocked faces.

“I see that you have come here to hear what we are talking about”, said Celestia, regaining her composure.

“Umm, yes”, admitted the three fillies.

“Well then, I’m sorry, but you three cannot listen”, said Celestia as she levitated the CMC and flung them into the distance.

[ONE F***KING SPLIT-SECOND LATER]

“So did ya get the stuff they said?” asked Applebloom.

“Yeah, it’s in this tape”, said Scootaloo as she stuffed it into a tape player.

Scootaloo hit the “play” button and the three listened to the recording.

“…and they’ll be arriving in a formation similar to this one. Wait, so that bridge will be the northwestern pathway for them, so we could secure it by placing stick barricades and some supports. In addition, we could secure the southern pathway by taking these parts onto those and then barricading it. It looks like we have planned a secure way to keep this town safe. You are forgetting that pathway, Mayor Mare. However, that is the Everfree. I am sure that they would not dare going through that way. I hate to break it to you, but they have superior firepower. We will discuss this later and, what’s with the audio recorder? PZZZZZZZZZZZT!”

“Wow…. did you hear what they said?” said Sweetie Belle.

“Yeah, some kinda talk as if they were talkin’ ‘bout some war thingy”, said Applebloom.

“Let’s take a look outside!” said Scootaloo.

“Wait, what?” asked Applebloom.

“Let’s see if they are. They’re still outside”, said Scootaloo.

“That sounds fine”, said Sweetie Belle.

The three fillies raced out of their treehouse and went to town, once again to act their “brilliant ideas”.

-----

The Cutie Mark Crusaders watched as Mayor Mare was pointing at some stick barricades on the bridge. She saw some ponies walking around and building something under the bridge as if it was important. The Royal Sisters were not there.

“No no, put that one there. Give some space for that one so that it can trigger right”, said Mayor Mare, “And make sure that one is covered.”

“Ooh, let’s watch it”, whispered Scootaloo.

The CMCs watched in their hideout as Mayor Mare and the other ponies were working on something.

“Now, place that one over there, and keep that one hidden from sight”, continued Mayor Mare.

The Cutie Mark Crusaders watched for some hours, and then left back to their treehouse.

“I got a tape on the stuff that happened”, said Scootaloo.

“You’re awesome, Scootaloo”, said Sweetie Belle.

“Ah’m tired now, so bye”, said Applebloom, walking out of the treehouse.

“Bye”, said the three fillies as they went to their homes.

-----

That night, Sweetie Belle asked her sister, Rarity, if there was chocolate in the kitchen.

“I’m sorry, Sweetie Belle, but there’s no chocolate in the kitchen...”

Sweetie Belle decided to go downstairs and look for herself. She looked in cupboards, cabinets, drawers, and the refrigerator, but still didn’t find it.

One month isn't enough, though...

She went outside the door and ran to the Ponyville Market. She saw that it was still open, and ran to it.

“Do you have any cocoa?” asked Sweetie Belle.

The employee shook his head.

“Then, do you have sugar?” asked Sweetie Belle.

The employee shook his head again.

“How about cream?” asked Sweetie Belle.

Once again, the employee shook his head.

“Is there any milk?” asked Sweetie Belle.

The employee shook his head and gave her a map, showing her the location of the farms that produced the said ingredients.

Sweetie Belle looked at it for a while, took it, and thanked the employee.

“It looks like these places aren’t so far”, said Sweetie Belle, “I’ll be there in no time!”

She ran towards Twilight’s house.

-----

“Why would you need a checklist?” asked Twilight.

“Because I need to keep track of some things I’m going to get”, replied Sweetie Belle.

Spike got some empty parchment and then said, “Alright then, tell me what to write.”

“Cocoa, sugar, cream, and milk”, replied Sweetie Belle.

Spike wrote the items on the checklist and gave it to Sweetie Belle.

“Thanks!” said Sweetie Belle as she ran out the door.

“I wonder why would she need stuff like that”, said Twilight.

“I think those are ingredients for chocolate”, said Spike.

-----

[i]Sweetie Belle looked at the map, and daringly ventured out of Ponyville. Her quest: to find the four ingredients and return to Ponyville.

To be continued…[/b]