• Published 16th Jun 2013
  • 1,861 Views, 11 Comments

City of Vices - A Pony Typewriter



Flashy cars, big hairs, boom boxes, and ye-yo

  • ...
3
 11
 1,861

A Tangle with the Law

A Tangle with the Law

Rainbow Dash was sweating, not because of exhaustion but from panic. She flew low and fast dodging cars, building and pedestrian. She didn't know what she did wrong to be chased by multiple police vehicle and helicopter that screamed at her telling her to stop.

"POLICE STOP! PUT YOUR HAND ABOVE YOUR HEAD!" yelled the helicopter pilot.

The rainbow maned pegasus kept going, ignoring the command of, what she interpret as 'flying machine'. To the officers of the Vice City Police Department, what they were chasing was a cyan car with a rainbow taillight, although it may sound out of the ordinary, they still chase it.

The road Rainbow flying above is straight and long, she kept flying above it hoping to loose her pursuer, as she can't fly high due to the helicopter after her. After a while she encountered a sharp bend on the road, she flew passed it with ease, Looking back, she saw that some of her pursuer had crashed unable to maneuver through the sharp bend, but they were still too many of them, what's worse her pursuer seems to grow in number as time goes by.

At the back of the pack of police cars, a white four-door sedan had just started to join the fray, unlike the other police cars who were chasing in pack, this one stay out of the pack and move more recklessly. It move left and right more often, looking a way to the front of the pack.

"C'mon, c'mon c'mon!" yelled Pinkie, "we gotta catch up with her."

Tommy rarely let anyone told him what to do unless they pay him, but he did what Pinkie tells him, he don't know the reason why he listen to talking pink pony, then again the said pony owe him a bunch of his club's property.The Admiral keep moving left and right, looking for any gap that may lead them in front of the pack of police cars. Tommy was beginning to get frustrated, unable to get in front of the pack.

"Hold on tight!"

Tommy stomp on the accelerator pedal hard, pushing the engine of the car to the limit, and awfully close to a police car in front. The Admiral made contact to the patrol car in front. The force of the Admiral hitting it was enough to make the officer driving to loose control of his vehicle, the car swerved right, hitting a pedestrian and come to a stop after crashing into a palm tree, the tree then fell down, crushing a taxi from above.

"DISPATCH, WE HAVE A SECOND SUSPECT VEHICLE, A WHITE, FOUR-DOOR, SEDAN."

*** *** ***

Half An Hour Ago


"Auughhh.... my head."Rainbow Dash moaned as she rubbed her forehead.

As she came around, her eyes were met by a large metal contraption. The contraption in front stood unmoving, as if it was watching her with it's transparent rectangle eyes. The cyan mare began to feel uncomfortable being watch by the contraption, but her curiosity and stubbornness got the better of her, she edged closer to the contraption, and touched it. It was cold, the silver part she touched was cold and hard. Rainbow Dash walked to its side, wanting to see more of it.

Her search was interrupted by sound of hoof steps closing by, Rainbow peeked around the corner of the contraption to found a creature, stood on two legs, covered in clothing, and a furless face about twenty feet away, closing to her position. Rainbow Dash frantically looked around for cover, she dived under one of the other contraptions next to it, and observed the strange new creature. The steps became louder and louder as the creature approached her, she thought that the creature had surely pinpoint her position, but her eyes were fixed on the creature coming her way. Finally the creature have gotten so close, only it's legs were visible from where Rainbow was hiding, she waited for a contact from the creature, which never came, instead it enter the contraption and sat inside.

Rainbow Dash stared at the creature, but the creature didn't stare at her, a sign which tells her that it haven't found her. The contraption began rumbling, then it travelled on reverse on it's wheel, leaving Rainbow coughing on it's exhaust fume. Irritated, in the lungs and pride, Rainbow crawled out of her hiding place and went after the creature in the contraption.

"Hey come back here !" shouted Dash.

She chased the contraption through the concrete structure, dodging pillars in the dark interior of the building, but whenever she was in the middle of a floor, the metal contraption would go on an opposite direction to her's on a lower level of the building.

After changing direction a few times, Rainbow Dash was finally behind the moving metal contraption, she flapped her wings, bringing herself closer to the contraption. Instead of making contact to the metal contraption, Rainbow flew past it as the metal machine turn right on the exit, leaving her hitting another.

The cyan mare recovered swiftly from the collision, then turned to look at what she just crashed into. It was another one of those metal contraption, painted green on the front and back with white covering it's center along with letter that spelled "POLICE".

*** *** ***

The Present

Rainbow glanced at the street behind her, numerous vehicle, marked and unmarked cars from the VCPD were still after her, with the exception of the white Admiral who took the lead not long ago. Rainbow Dash return her gaze to the front, only to widen in surprise. A pair of police car had block the north end of the street, she tried to bank right, another blockade formed by the VCPD closed her exit

Rainbow hovered in the middle of a three-way junction, frantically looking for an escape route, but there was none, the sky wasn't in her list of escape route due to the hazards of the 'flying contraption' that kept an eye on the sky. Going back wasn't an option either, her pursuers were still closing in to her.

"I can't be arrested, not right now! " said Rainbow Dash.

The white Admiral skidded to a halt just beside the hovering pegasus, the front passenger door swung open and a pair of pink hooves grabbed her out of the streets.

Entering what known to Rainbow as 'metal contraption', she was met by a familiar face that is Pinkie's, the only thing alien to Rainbow was the white stuff on her pink friend muzzle, and it was uncomfortably close to her.

"Hi Dashie ! Were you racing those green boxes ? Oh you should've come with me there was this great party in this club," said Pinkie with glee, and it continued, "Oh, and you should've tried this NEW sugar !"

"PINKIE!" shouted Rainbow.

"Yes Dashie ?" asked Pinkie.

"Those green boxes are after me! We gotta get out of here !" exclaimed the cyan mare.

Pinkie giggled and snorted, "Well why didn't you say so, Let's go!"

Pinkie dove under the passenger car seat, only to reappear below Tommy's as the pink pony pushed the gas pedal to the floor. With no control over the his Admiral's speed, Tommy swung the steering wheel to the right, into the direction of two VCPD cruiser blocking the street.

Tommy shouted a warning to the passengers to brace, everyone ,excluding Pinkie, held their hooves and arms to the seats. The Admiral struck two front end of the VCPD cars that were blocking their route, the force of the impact was enough to make space for the Admiral to go through and for Pinkie to bounce like a ball inside the interior that made everyone to lower their head for cover.

Gaining control of the gas pedal once more, Tommy sped through the street and into a multi-storey parking garage. Parking the Admiral on an empty space, Tommy exit the vehicle and told the others to do so.

"What are ya bonkers ?!" asked Kent, "We ain't walkin' with a couple of brightly coloured horses !"

"Hey! We're ponies !" Rainbow Dash corrected.

"Not to mention a flying and talking one!"

"I'm getting us a new car, cops we'll be looking for that one," Tommy explained, "You three stay here, If the cops come looking you call me, If is not the cops hide, understand ?"

"Okey dokey lokey."

"Whoa-whoa-whoa hold on,"said Rainbow.

Tommy raised an eyebrow to the cyan mare words.

"Pinks, why should we trust this thing ?" asked Rainbow to Pinkie.

Pinkie, still bouncing rapidly gave her answer "Well he's seems trusty enough !"

"And I saved your sorry ass today," Tommy added.

"Wait..... Dash have donkeys ?" asked the bouncing pink mare.

"No, it means he save her hide today," Paul explained.

"I'll be going then." said the man in blue, leaving Rainbow to let out a huff.

Tommy then walked out of the parking garage, leaving Kent Paul with Rainbow Dash and Pinkie Pie. At the entrance of the garage he paused, and looked back.

"This is gotta be one of the weirdest shit I've gone through," Tommy told himself, "I hope Ken is doing better when that other one wakes up." Then start his search of another vehicle.