• Published 10th Jun 2013
  • 702 Views, 19 Comments

Deepest Fears - VectorGameplay



a misterious stallion appears in the canterlot gardens with a great amount of dark power inside of him, power that calls the attention of the princesses. Follow Fearful Dream (A class Asshole) in his journey trying to learn the magic of friendship.

  • ...
2
 19
 702

Chapter 2 - After The Storm Comes The... Nope I'm Still Screwed

Deepest Fears

-After The Storm Comes The... Nope I'm Still Screwed -

By: Vectorgameplay

3 Days Later - 6:26 AM - Canterlot's Castle

It had been three days since Fearful Dream woke up in the Canterlot Castle’s infirmary. He had since then made a full recovery of the various injuries that he had sustained prior to his arrival and had been discharged by both the attending nurses and the Princesses. The Princesses further allowed him to freely explore the castle and the city of Canterlot to allow him to familiarize himself with his surroundings.

Fearful woke up as the light of the sun passed through the window suddenly and fell directly onto his eyes, wrenching him from dreamland.

"Ugh, Faust damn you Celestia! Damn you and your bucking sun!" Fearful cursed as he tried to go back to sleep but his efforts were proved fruitless when he heard a loud knock coming from the door that led into the hallway.

He grudgingly got out bed and rubbed his eyes before opening the door. He found a typical Royal Guard standing there in front of him with the usual stoic expression on his face that they were commonly associated with.

"Good morning sir, I'm here to inform you that breakfast is ready and the princesses are waiting for you to join them." Said the Royal Guard.

"Yeah, yeah I know, like every single morning, tell them I will be there in a while" Replied Fearful to the Guard, which saluted and immediately when to inform the princesses.

Fearful - after finishing his little ‘chat’ with the Guard - went to the bathroom to take a shower. As the lukewarm water of the shower fell onto the stallion’s mane and coat, he started thinking about what his options were concerning his situation.

He was staying in one of the many rooms that the castle had to offer for the guests by ‘order’ of Princess Celestia. He was sure she had another reason as she enjoyed teasing him.

But even with all the luxuries the castle had to offer and the special treatment he was receiving, he didn't feel comfortable there. Living in the castle and depending on the princesses was not something he wanted. He wanted a place for himself, a home where he could do whatever he damn well pleased without being constantly interrupted by the princesses or any other pony

But - of course - there was a single yet monumental problem that stood in his way: he didn't have any bits to buy a house. So how would he be able get that solitude and peace he craved if he didn't have any money to pay for it? After mulling it over for a few seconds, he got a ludicrously simple - but at the same time effective - idea

"I need a damn job" Fearful said with an air of irritation.

"I guess I could ask the princesses for a job to gain some bits so I can move out of this castle." He said as he stepped out of the shower.

After a little while - taken up by drying his coat and mane - he left his room and walked over to the dinning hall, anxious to speak with the Princesses about his decision.

6:53 AM - Canterlot's Castle - Dinning Hall

"Why does he always take so long to get up in the morning?" Twilight said, slightly irritated over Fearful’s callous disregard for arriving punctually

Twilight Sparkle had been coming to Canterlot more often since the day Fearful Dream appeared in the gardens. She was intrigued about the dark power the stallion apparently possessed so her natural curiosity and thirst for knowledge wouldn't allow her to leave without further investigation. But as for the stallion himself, well...

She didn't like him... she didn't like him at all. Over the three days she had spent with him, she developed a long-winded, multi-paged personality profile of Fearful. Here’s the condensed version

Annoying, sarcastic, disrespectful, rude, selfish, pretty lazy and in some cases childish were the first words Twilight that came to her mind when defining Fearful. At least he wasn't aggressive nor did he have a particularly large ego otherwise she would be facing a second Blueblood. And Equestria already had enough problems with just the one

Despite his very apparent personality faults, Fearful also displayed a rather intelligent aspect to his personality. He seemed to be a pony that would actually think before acting, somepony who creates strategies depending on the situation but always has a plan B just in case things don’t work the first time. What Fearful lacked in manners, he made up for it in knowledge. And she had to give him credit: it was one of the very few good qualities he possessed

"Just wait a little longer Twilight. You shall see, he shouldn’t be too much longer," Celestia said to her student with a warm smile.

"I know, Celestia it's just that..." Twilight paused for a minute, trying to relax a little before answering the princess, "He does this every single time he has been called anywhere. He always arrives late for everything! I am sure he does this on purpose..

"Just give him some time Twilight, he still needs to adjust to his new surroundings. You would too if you found yourself in unfamiliar surroundings. I doubt it would take you three days to fully adjust with memory loss. I am confident that one day he will call Canterlot home as you once did," Replied Celestia without losing her smile, "Besides, I find his informality quite refreshing," She said, taking a sip of her tea.

"What, are you serious?" Asked Twilight with a shocked look.

"Indeed I am Twilight, I’m very impressed with his ability regarding his capacity of having no fear to speak whatever crosses his mind. What intrigues me though is that at the same time he knows what he needs to omit from the information he gives others," Celestia said to Twilight, "He could be a great politician someday if you ask me.

"But... But... he is so disrespectful and without manners and..." Twilight started to say but was cut off by Luna.

"We are aware of his behavior, Twilight Sparkle but we are certain that you and your friends will be able to help him improve that rather lackluster aspect of his personality. If your opinion is solely based on his sarcasm, let me remind you that my dear sister is just like him, if not worse!"

"Yes I know, but I’m still not too sure Princ..." Again Twilight started but was cut off by the sound of the doors being opened.

"Sorry if I’m late everypony, I had a rough morning. Thank you Celestia for your lovely sunny rays falling directly onto my face. Just the thing I needed to wake me up in the morning. I really appreciated it," Fearful sarcastically said to Celestia while taking a seat beside Twilight.

"I'm glad you like them, I made them with love and care, just for you" Celestia said returning the joke to Fearful.

This was one of the things Celestia liked about Fearful. While most ponies would have already given up when it came to trolling her due to the fact that she was the ‘ultimate troll’, there were a few others that no matter how far they fell, no matter many times they lost, no matter how much they failed, they would keep trying until the day they beat her. She loved those ponies and Fearful was decent competition.

"Aaaw really, just for me? Celestia you shouldn't have done that! I feel so spoilt!" Replied Fearful, not missing a beat with a sarcastic retort, "But please let's cut this little game of *who trolls who* short for a while. I need to discuss something kind of personal and I’m going to need the three of you to help me, and when I say ‘three’ I mean you too Twilight."

Everypony's ears perked up as they gave Fearful their full, undivided attention. Twilight was the most surprised of the three princesses. ‘What could he need help with that he would need me for?’ She thought, ‘It's very unusual of him to ask for help, even more so to ask me for help.’

"Please tell us whatever troubles you Fearful, we are always glad to help our subjects" Luna said intrigued.

"Okay, here's the thing..." He paused for a minute before continuing, "I need a job!"

"..."

"..."

"..."

The room fell silent for what felt like hours, but in reality were just a couple minutes until Twilight decided to break the silence.

"Excuse, I don’t think I heard you quite right. You said you needed what again?" Asked Twilight to the annoyed stallion.

"A job Twilight, I need you three to help me find a damn job" Replied Fearful to the shocked Alicorn. "So, are you going to help me or not?"

"Well, that is a rather odd request but I guess the three of us can come up with an appropriate occupation, right sister?" Luna asked her older sister, looking for some advice.

"I don't have any ideas for a job right now, Lulu," Answered Celestia with confused look, "How about you, Twilight? Do you have any ideas?" She asked her student.

"I’m afraid I don’t, Princess. Actually what kind of job would even be suited to do?" Asked Twilight. "You are lazier than the pony that drew the Neighpon's Flag!" Stated Twilight, receiving a giggle from both princesses..

"I don't know. Maybe a simple, stupid and boring job where I don't need to do too much shit to get some money... I will be a bucking librarian!" Fearful sarcastically said with an evil grin on his face.

If Twilight was angry earlier, she was very VERY pissed off now as her mane burst into an uncontrollable inferno of dancing flames, her coat changed to a light cream color and her purple eyes turned into the most pure red color Fearful have ever seen in his life.

"... I overdid it again, didn't I?" Fearful asked to the Princesses who just nodded in agreement, "Should I start running?" They just nodded again, "Good, can you play a funny, overused song they use for chase scenes?"

"Sure thing Fearful" Celestia said while lighting her horn, starting the music with a spell.

The moment the music started playing, Fearful Dream started running out the doors of the dining room, exiting into one the many hallways of the castle with ‘rage mode’ Twilight hot on his hooves.

"I bet 10 bits that Twilight will catch him in 5 minutes," Celestia said nonchalantly to her sister.

"Make it 20 bits and I bet 15 minutes sister" Replied Luna to her older sister.

"Deal," They both said in unison before take another sip of their tea and waited patiently for the resulting outcome

- 12 mimutes later -

"Twilight, let me go right this instant!" Fearful said as he was dragged back towards the dining room. "You know, you have a great amount of stamina for a bookworm."

"You are lucky I’m against physical violence, you know that?" Said Twilight to the exhausted Fearful.

"I don't fear physical damage Twilight, but let me tell you: I was little scared since I already know what is going to happen next," Fearful said with a worried look

This wasn't the first time Fearful got into trouble with Twilight and even when Fearful thought he was prepared for every kind of punishment a mare like Twilight had to offer… he wasn't prepared for what came after their first fiery encounter.

A lecture.

A six hour long lecture in a small room with nothing but a whiteboard, a desk with paper and pencils as well as Twilight with a malicious grin on her face. But what came next was by far the worst part of the entire experience. Just two simple words that when put together, struck fear into the hearts of even the bravest and most seasoned soldiers of the Royal Guard.

Surprise Test...

Fearful's body shivered at the mere thought of it, "So... many... pages!" He said to himself before noticing that they had already returned to the dining room where both Princess Celestia and Luna were still patiently waiting for them

"How long did he last this time sister?" Asked Luna to Celestia.

"Twelve minutes and 24 seconds" Answered Celestia. "I guess since you were closer you win this time, Lulu."

"Huzzah! pay the bet dear sister!" Exclaimed Luna, very happy to have beaten her sister.

"Okay, now that you two have had your fun at my expense, how about helping me out here?" Fearful asked both princesses as bits exchanged hooves.

"Oh yes, that's right, sorry," Replied Celestia. "Luna and I were discussing some possible jobs that may be suitable for you but..." She paused for a few seconds. "I think your little joke with Twilight has given me a very good idea~" She said, ending with an evil grin on her face. It was a grin that Fearful knew far too well.

"This is not going to end well," He lamented.

10:33 AM - Canterlot's High Class Sector - Lincolt Street

"You can't be serious!!" Fearful said as he facehoofed

"I’m serious Fearful. I’m so very serious!" Celestia said in a mocking tone..

"Well, you did actually say you wanted this job in the first place," Twilight said, trying to contain her desire to burst with laughter.

"You certainly did Fearful Dream, we simply gave you the occupation you requested," Luna chuckled.

In front of them was a very tall white building made of marble and gold with some of the details were coloured purple like the ones made for the rich ponies and the noble families. It was a building Twilight knew pretty well. It was the Canterlot Library, her old place of work and home from her fillyhood and early marehood.

From the moment Twilight went to Ponyville, the library had been taken over by Twilight's parents: Twilight Velvet and Night Light. They - despite having other living arrangements - were always looking for young ponies with a passion for books or astrology to take care of it in their place.

"You three do know I was joking when I said that, right?" Fearful asked the three Alicorn Princesses with a nervous look

"Not anymore~" Twilight said in a sing-song tone, kind of amused at the situation’s brutal irony

"Since you will be staying here from now on, we will be sure to send your belongings with a guard once you get used to the new surroundings. We suggest you explore the building since it is rather large and easy to get lost in. Who knows what you may find?" Luna said with a sincere smile

"That is for you to find out Fearful Dream, we wish you good luck with your recently acquired job and we hope to see you again soon," Replied Luna.

"Believe me Luna, you will. Sooner than you think," Celestia said with a smirk on her face.

"Now what do you mean by that?" Asked Fearful to the older Alicorn.

"Don't worry about it right now, you will know soon," She answered with a smile

"Now that it's all settled," Twilight started with a smile. "Let me be the first pony to welcome you to your..." She was cut off by Fearful silently going inside the house/library and slamming the door right in her face and changing the ‘open’ sign to ‘closed’, "... New house," She said in a flat tone.

"Don't worry about him Twilight, I can assure you he will be in a better mood sooner than you think," Celestia said with a smirk.

"How can you be so sure of that?" Twilight asked, curious as to why her teacher spoke so confidently despite Fearful’s reaction to his new living arrangements.

"I have some important things planned for him when the time comes and that's all I can tell you for now," Celestia answered, “We should be leaving, it is almost lunch time and I don't want to miss any of my vanilla cake," She said while walking away with a smile.

Twilight looked back at the door of the library and back again at her teacher. "I hope you are right," She said before start following both princesses back to the castle.

11:05 AM - Inside of the Canterlot's Public Library

After Fearful couldn't hear the princesses anymore, he let out sigh and went to explore his new house and occupation. It was quite a large place. It had to be of course as it was initially built to house a family of four nobles, consisting of three floors.

The first floor was the library, a very large room composed of six or seven tables with chairs. The abundant bookcases were separated by category, genre, title and various other methods that only Twilight knew. There was also a relaxing room with sofas as well as a small table and a desk with some miscellaneous papers and important looking documents like the book record and empty library cards

The second floor was comprised of the living room, the dining room with a kitchen, a trophy room, a bathroom and a small office that Fearful supposed was owned by Night Light at some point.

And the third and final floor consisted of a simple hallway leading to the rooms of Velvet and Light, Twilight and Spike, Shining Armor, a guest room, a bathroom and a room that caught Fearful’s attention like a magpie at the jeweller’s: an observatory

Of course, the place needed a little bit of cleaning but it was nothing that Fearful couldn't handle later.

"This place is AWESOME!!" Fearful exclaimed happily, very excited about his new place before letting out a yawn. "Well, I guess a little nap can't do any damage," He said before walking towards the couch - which was the easiest thing to clean - where he could lie on and sleep for the moment.

Fearful started getting comfy as he rested his head on one of the sides of the couch before muttering a few incoherent words as he closed his eyes and was ready to let his dreams take him to the promised land.

"Finally some peace and ..."

"SURPRISE!!!"

Fearful eyes shot open at the sudden sound of voices of multiple ponies appearing out of seemingly nowhere

"...Quiet," He said in a low and tired tone before being glomp-attacked by a soft, hyperactive and very familiar pink mass of energy.

Author's Note:

And there we go guys, another chapter done.

Sorry for the long delay, I got caught with The Last of Us and Deadpool, those games are so Awesome!! Anyway there you go.

If you want to give your opinion about the story please feel free to share it, as always, I'm open to advises or constructive criticisms.

...

Oh yeah, I almost forgot, Fearful will be soon taking classes with Luna about controlling his dark powers, so I'm words of the oh so freaking awesome Doctor Who(oves): Calm down will you. Everything is going to be fine!.

Game Over!