• Published 28th Sep 2011
  • 2,132 Views, 6 Comments

Strange Tales of the Multiverse - HiddenBrony



A sequence of stories starting from the ruination of an old universe, but are bright and whole.

  • ...
2
 6
 2,132

And Now for Something Completely Different!

"Stitch by stiiiitch, stitching it together~" the sing-song voice rang, a new fabric on her mind as she spun around, tassels and strips of cloth circling about her feminine form as the seamstress worked about her new dress idea. Oh, surely the Hoity Toity fashion company would notice her for sure now! Reaching for a strip of silvermoon fabric, she admired it's light sparkle as she brought it up next to her sewing machine. Placing it next to the pale blue fringe, she was about to start the machine up when a knock on her door broke her concentration. Spinning about, the seamstress removed her 'fashionista' glasses and placed them lazily on the table. Bolstering her appearance for her next customer, she tried not to think about how in the zone she was. "Come iiiiinnnn~!"

"Jewel? Are you in here?" a young voice called, giving the seamstress a smile.

"In the shop, Belle~!" the woman called, standing up as she quickly walked to the door, excited to see her little sister. Swinging open the door, her smile faltered a little as she saw that her kin had not come alone. "Oh, hello there Blossom." Jewel's smile twitched as she looked over the pair of girls. The one she registered as her sister was wearing a small, puce and white school-girl's uniform, but the other girl was wearing a yellow shirt and blue overalls. Casting a cursory glance about her door, the elder sister shot a quizzical look toward the girls. "What, no third Crusader today?"

Blossom shook her head sadly. "Nah, she was all excited 'bout that cool girl at the skatepark, the one with the rainbow helmet." Shrugging, the farm girl's bright red hair bounced about, light and curly enough to even earn an envious stare from Jewel. How a simple farm girl could be blessed with such locks was beyond her, especially since she was related to Jack, the hardworking blonde out at Sweet Apple Acres.

Her mortal enemy.

Well, not mortal enemy so much as polar opposite. The two seemed to stay civil in conversation, especially considering their mutual friends, but they were two people you could never find who were more different. Even still, Jewel knew that her sister and Belle were friends, so no petty differences would get in the way of her gracious hosting.

"Jewel, I was wonderin' if you could help me design some sort of scarf or cape for me 'n the crusaders!" Belle asked, not missing a beat. It wasn't too often her little sweetie came to visit, their parents living on the other side of New York, but when she did she come by she hardly wanted anything other than a place to be for awhile and see her big sister. As such, Jewel was elated that her sister even asked that she help with the design; a fact meaning her little sister was interested in design!

She was so elated she didn't see the fine British man right outside, sitting in a chair that was actually on a table, placed oddly in the middle of the road. Looking to no one in particular, the man straightened his tie and murmured, "And now for something completely different!"