• Published 22nd May 2013
  • 1,305 Views, 34 Comments

Facts about ponies - BeardedRedMane



What if I told you that the most agreed upon fact about ponies in our brony fanbase was completely wrong?

  • ...
4
 34
 1,305

Hugs

Oh man, excuse me for a second, I think I'm hyperventilating. No, no. Rest assured, I'm not in any mortal danger. That is if you don't count dying from a lethal overdose of cuteness. It's been a couple of days since I've been in a position to sit up and talk and you better believe that when that second hit Pinkie Pie was all over me. Y'know I'm serious, there is just something about Pinkie Pie that brings a actual smile to my face. I still remember the days back home when while at work I would just open up my pony folder and flip through images.

There's this really cute one of Pinkie and she's got her face in a glass of chocolate milk and is trying to drink it. But unfortunately her face is too big and she is just mere inches from being able to enjoy the delicious chocolaty beverage. That's not the only picture of Pinkie that makes me smile but it's a good example of Pinkie being Pinkie that just fucking reaffirms my devout love in ponies. At first I will admit that ponies not being half my height and hold-able might have hit me a little hard but hey, just means more of Pinkie Pie to hug.

Well anyway to the present situation, Pinkie had just burst in with the entire gang while I'm sitting on a spare bed, feet on the ground. "Goooood Morning Anon!!! How are you feeling today? Do you think you will be up and running soon? I hope you are! I can't wait to throw a get well party-- oh and of course we'll have to throw you a welcome to Ponyville party-- OH! And--"

"Uhm, excuse me Pinkie, but Anon isn't really strong enough for all of that activity just yet." Fluttershy began but quickly changed her tone when she saw Pinkie wilt in sadness. "But I'm sure we can put together a tiny little get together around the house." That bit of information sent Pinkie into one of her happy spasms as she stood up on her hind legs jumping up and down.

Oh God. At times like these I am seriously reminded at how pint size I am in comparison to them. While standing normally from their hooves to their shoulders there are a good 5ft tall and when you includ their heads they are around 6ft tall. I can look a pony straight in the face while they stand on all fours, however when they stand on their hind legs…

It's a completely different story, they fucking tower over me… That NEVER happened on Earth. I'm still not used to it; I mean I'm like the size of a damn doll in comparison. But still… I REALLY want a hug from Pinkie Pie-- and not even in a perverted way. I genuinely want a hug, just the sheer thought of it is making my heart beat at an unhealthy pace. Well.. Maybe there's a tiny bit of perversion to it in the back of my mind, maybe my hands would wander around her flanks as I--..

No…

What're you thinking Anon? WHAT are you thinking about doing to that adorable.. slightly large..

With Pinkie still on her hind legs and her arms raised I too decided to raise my arms, waving them around in excitement. Turning her head toward me Pinkie looked down and smiled. "Looks like somepony wants a hug!"

Pinkie… I..

Ever so slowly for what seemed like an eternity, Pinkie inched closer to me with open arms. In a mere foot I would be within that sweet furry embrace. Six more inches, my hands were probably sweating buckets in anticipation. Three inches-- did you know that Pinkie Pie smells delicious? I mean just like an assortment of cakes and chocolates galore oh god the embrace can't come soon enough. The distance we're at probably couldn't even be calculated anymore, her arms nanoseconds from wrapping around me.

And finally the embrace came, as she closed her arms around me and lifted me up I felt three of my rips shatter. Later that day I awoke with the most pleased look on my face and fresh bandages.

Worth it.

• • •

Man, I really feel bad about what happened. Emotionally, not physically. I fucking loved that hug and would do it again. After three of my ribs audibly gave way to the cuteness that is Pinkie Pie I was instantly let go as the room turned into an uproar of worry and heightened voices. I really feel bad for Pinkie, being the one who gave me such an amazing hug she took it the worst but hey, I'm not angry at her in the least. How were we supposed to know that ponies were stupid strong?

I mean insane strong, that strength just doesn't make sense, I know Earth ponies are supposed to be the strongest but I remember her crying to Fluttershy as she stabilized my breathing that she had given me a "light" hug because she didn't want to hurt me. God part of me wants to see what a full force Pinkie hug could do to me. Probably send me on my way to nirvana.

Anyway my recovery process was slightly impaired by that but a week later I was finally able to let Pinkie know it wasn't her fault. Fluttershy had been livid and forced me to stay in bed and forbid any kind of outside contact which I knew was really just fear for my safety. Anyway I was finally able to cheer Pinkie up by telling her that we could practice hugging until she got it just right.

I can't wait… hue.

Er-- anyway, onto the extent of my injuries. I honestly don't know how I survived as long as I did in that forest, I mean the lack of food aside the number of monsters in that forest is stupid. They outta burn that forest to the fucking ground, I managed to escape that place relatively intact. The biggest of my injuries was the concussion I received on both the front and back of my skull, the one on the back being relatively light and the one on the front splitting my cranium slightly. It healed into the coolest looking scar ever! It runs down in a zig zag path from the right side of my forehead down to the outside of my eyebrow on the same side of my face. There were also numerous light fractures and bruises all over my body, most of which had been healed. The only real damage I had now was the three fractured ribs from Pinkies hug. I will treasure them for the rest of my life.

"So… Anon, how are your wounds?" Fluttershy asked in a light motherly voice. Partially not wanting to make her think her efforts had gone to waste jumped up from the bed and flexed my bicep in response. The other reason was probably because I had been holed up in Equestria so long and the only two places I'd been were the Everfree forest and Fluttershy's cottage. Which was cool and all, but it would be nice to visit a place that I wasn't either near dying or being nursed back to health in.

"I'm fit as a fiddle, really! I feel if I don't get up and do something soon that I'm going to lose my mind!" I replied honestly, though my fractured ribs ached whenever I-- well whenever I did anything, like breathing. That wasn't gonna stop me from my tour of Ponyville, I KNOW its coming, it's in all of the fanfics. C'mon Fluttershy, just reaffirm it for me.

"Well I suppose if you are feeling up to it Pinkie has really been wanting to show you around Ponyville." YES, thank god for some things that are still canon in our view of ponies. "But I want you to take it slow-- if you get tired you can always ride on my back for a while."

Trying desperately to hide my smile I nodded as she smiled in return. "Alright then, we'll have some breakfast before the others get here. It's going to be a long day and you're going to need your strength.

Oh man will I.

Author's Note:

Man I really wasn't planning on updating this story the next day but when I checked back and saw like 20 favorites and a load of comments I was like, "Well alrighty then." So here's Anon's second fact about ponies, they're stupid strong.