• Published 9th May 2013
  • 1,546 Views, 51 Comments

EquineKiin - Youcannoterasethepast



When a legend is transported into a new world in the midst of his greatest moment, how does the dragonborn adapt to his new life? (2nd person. Gender, name, race, and fighting style are up to you)

  • ...
1
 51
 1,546

It's Super Effective!

One more attack you think, as hit the demonic dragon with a [lightning bolt] {arrow}. You watch as the great dragon falls from the starry sky of Sovngarde. You step closer to Alduin's limp body. Your feelings of pride were interrupted, when the great dragon rose. You inhale deeply, getting ready to interrupt his Fire Breath with Unrelenting Force, when you notice a glow in the center of Alduin's chest.

You, and your fellow warriors, watch in great pride as the demonic dragon burned away. Alduin was saying something, but you don't really listen. Not that you could understand it, anyway. All that time in the Dark Brotherhood, The Thieves guild, [The Mage's College,] The Army, and The Companions has at last led up to this triumphant moment in history.

You collapse on the ground, feeling pride wash over you like a wave, almost drowning you. By the gods, I'm in the water! I really am drowning! As your head breaks the surface, you see that you had left Sovngarde and wound up in a medium-sized pond outside a small town. An orange and brown elder dragon bursts out of the water behind you, but it's thankfully not Alduin. Feeling exhausted from the fight, and not wanting more trouble or less potions of stamina, you go back under until the beating of wings is well beyond earshot.

You cautiously poke your eyes above the water and do a 360. The good news:the dragon is nowhere in sight. The bad news: The small town on the horizon is on fire, and the dragon is back in sight.

"Stendarr help them!" you shout as you scramble out of the water. As you fly out of the pond, you note that [you still have your robes and Morokei] {you still have your full daedric}. As you near the town, dripping wet and muddy, you ruefully drink a few stamina potions, and {Instinctively draw your weapon} [ready yourself with one hand ready to throw ice spears and the other waiting to summon a Daedra]. You at last reach the town. As you rush by the sign, it seems to say "Bomyville" Bomy is probably the surname of the mayor you think subconsciously.

You stop dead in your tracks and look up, searching the night sky for the giant reptile causing this trouble. You see him swoop down and land on a large, cylindrical building in the center of town.Wasting no time, you load him up with {arrows} [ice,waiting for a chance to summon your daedra]. The moment you see an indication he is about to take off, you hit the beast with dragonrend "Joor Zah Frul" and Relentlessly fire {arrows} [ice] into his scaly hide. You land a perfect shot in the foot, causing the dragon to tumble down off the building and onto the cobblestone floor. You take this chance to [Summon your Daedra and] cut up the dragon's wings before it can get up.

It quickly gets up and swings its tail, knocking you into the building it just fell from. You slowly peel yourself from the wall, since it had caved in around you but you didn't go through it. Suddenly, you have a thought that could easily have come from Julianos himself: Play dead.

You go limp, playing it off like gravity had separated you from the wall. {Knowing only a daedra could see through the eternal shadows of the helmet, you keep your eyes open and on the dragon, waiting for his tail to face you.} [You have played dead under the dragon priest's mask on numerous occasions, so you know keeping your eyes open and on the dragon is a safe bet.] After what seems like an eternity, the dragon spins quickly around to face a small purple horse with a single horn protruding from its head.

You spring up onto your feet and launch yourself on the dragon's scaly back, giving it all you got. From your vantage point atop the dragon, you see from the corner of your eye the dragon was facing 5 other brightly colored horses, some of which with horns and wings. One even had a rainbow atop its head. The brightly colored ponies watched in awe at the sudden newcomer, the likes of which they had never seen.

At last, the dragon falls limp, as you did when playing dead. Only, you know this time its not a trick for you to drop your guard, when you see the very essence of the dragon burning away and floating gracefully into the air. You hop off and stand among the horses, preparing to receive the soul.

As the last of the dragon's essence burned away from the skeleton and floated in the air, a power fills you, making you feel all the grief, rage, happiness, and pride this dragon had ever felt in its entire life, quickly followed by being uncomfortably warm for a few moments. You take a deep breath, wondering what knowledge of what word will come to you. Nir rushes through your mind. Hunt, Aura whisper. You remember finding it in Volunruud, both as you, and the dragon. You remember as the dragon all your times using it: hiding from dragon hunters, finding your commander, soaring above skyrim in search of your next victim. It takes every scrap of your conscious knowledge to remember these aren't your memories

You turn to the purple horse, who seemed to be the smartest and the leader. You clear your throat, take off your {helmet} [mask], and say slowly "I am lost, need to find home. Skyrim home. Do you understand?"

"Perfectly" It replied irritably.



Skyrim Glossary:
Sovngarde: Nordic heaven
Stendarr: God of mercy and justice
Julianos: God of wisdom and logic
Volunruud: A dragon priest burial chamber, where you find a word in aura whisper.



Just a reminder: [mage specialties], {warrior specialties}

Author's Note:

Depending on how many people like this fic, I will continue. Remember, be constructive in your criticism. Also, I am well aware that the desc. doesn't align with the story, but I can't seem to edit it.