• Published 10th Feb 2012
  • 6,630 Views, 21 Comments

A Lovely Melody - ShadowBlaze (Behemoth)



Vinyl Scratch shares her feelings for Silent Beat, but Beat finds himself falling for somepony else.

  • ...
2
 21
 6,630

Scratched Out

Welp, I'm back! This fic has been eating at me since I left it because it isn't complete! Going to try and add a bit more to the story before giving up again. Wish me luck!

________________________________________________________________________

Scratched Out

Warm air once again wove it's way through my mane. The breeze was sharper and the sky, brighter. Of course it was always this way when I left to experience the now highlight of my life. Octavia... I had begun to appreciate her tastes more and more. She may have been a goddess in the art of classical music and I may have always been drawn to techno. But aside from our musical tastes, we were actually pretty similar! I needed her and she needed me.

I felt a sense of nostalgia as I walked the empty streets. These feelings were oddly familiar. Almost like deja vu. . . It was. . . bizarre to say the least. A brief image of Scratch flashed through my head.

I stopped in my tracks. The familiar sound of galloping hooves caused my ears to perk up. A small, hardly noticeable smile played on my lips. Speak of -

I was shoved painfully from the side and immediately collapsed to the ground. A shock of pain tore through my back as well as my chest as a pair of hooves dug into it roughly. Pain clouded my vision as the other being pounded it's hooves relentlessly against my chest. I began to struggle, but as my vision cleared and I became aware of the pony's identity I stopped. The punches became softer and softer until the pony was only clutching my chest and sobbing loudly into my mane. I held on tightly to her.

"Sc-Scratch?" My voice cracked. She whimpered even louder. "Scratch what is it? What's wrong?" I managed over her loud wails. It pained me to see her like this. I never had before. It was a new experience for me.

It was completely terrifying.

"Scratch? Please. Look at me. What's wrong?" She sniffed and coughed a few times before finally speaking softly. So softly it was difficult for me to make out what she was trying to say.

"Stupid, Silent. You're so stupid and clueless and ignorant and insensitive and reckless and I... I think I'm in...in..." I couldn't understand the rest of her string of insults because her voice had lowered to a whisper and she had buried her muzzle into my neck.

"What, Scratch?"

"Huh?"

"What did you say?"

She pulled back from me and looked deeply at me and I looked into her stunning ruby eyes once again. I got lost in them and before I understood. Before I could make sense of what she was trying to say. Her body came down upon mine and our lips crashed together forcefully, passionately. Her eyes closed as she deepened the kiss yet mine remained wide open in shock. Fear. Confusion. Disbelief. Anger.

I pushed her gently away, and yet she stared down at me with longing in her eyes.

"I think I'm in love with you, Beats." Her eyes widened with hope. Mine narrowed with loathing.

"Get off of me, Scratch." Her gaze faltered but she punched me lightly on the shoulder.

"I didn't hear you ask n-"

"I said get the hell off of me!" I shoved her roughly to the side and stood up, staring her down. "Why are you doing this?"

"I thought-"

"You thought what, Scratch?!"

"I thought you felt the same way..." Tears welled in both of our eyes. I didn't even know what I was crying about. I was angry with her! My face felt hot and my heart ached and it hurt and I was crying and I just didn't know what had suddenly become of my life.

"I'm seeing Octavia now, Scratch! Even if I did feel anything for you, we couldn't..." I stopped. I didn't even know what I was saying. The whole situation was so ridiculous, so unexpected. I didn't know why I was so upset with her. It was only last week that I was debating whether I should run after her instead of going on my walk with Tavi.

"You mean you didn't feel anything that night?" She asked, her voice squeaking. I shook my head in disbelief.

"I can't even remember that night!"

"I do! I wasn't as wasted as you thought! I meant what I said. I lov-"

"I don't want to hear it, Scratch," I cut her off as I turned my back to her. "Goodbye." I began to walk slowly away from her, daring her to say something else. She did.

"Octavia isn't as great as you make her out to be, Beats," she says her voice low and confident. I whirl on her.

"You don't even know her! How can you even say that?"

"I know her well enough. I know that she doesn't love you like I do."

"You don't love me, Scratch! How many times am I going to be forced to say it? You don't love me and I don't love you! Goodnight, Vinyl." I galloped away then. I knew I loved her. It was a complicated emotion. Why did she need to confuse me so much? I spent my whole life with a crush on her and only now does she tell me this. When I had stopped feeling for her altogether. I shook my head to clear my thoughts.

I had a date with Octavia. If Vinyl only wants to toy around with me, so be it. Octavia was perfect and Vinyl had no say in how she felt about me.

Minutes later I tap lightly on Octavia's door. After a few moments of waiting, the door slowly opens and standing just inside is Octavia with a look of confusion on her face.

"What is it?" I ask.

"There's just . . . Scratch's concert tonight. I thought you would be there." On any other day, I wouldn't have missed it for the world. Tonight was different.

"I think I've decided that I would much rather hear a lovely melody than a cold, hard beat tonight." She cocked her head for a moment before beginning to smile.

"Then a lovely melody you shall hear." I grinned.

It was the first time I had missed one of Scratch's concerts.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

"This one goes out to a very special somepony in my life. He's been my best friend for as long as I can remember and he's the only pony I know who'll always be by my side through thick and thin. Even when I'm a total bucking idiot like I was tonight. I want to thank him for always being there for me. And so I ask to the stage: the one and only, Silent Beat!"




"Heh. Come on, Silent. I know you're out there."




"Beats?"

Comments ( 7 )

Oh lerd, the lingering feels at the end.

Man Beats is in a hard place right now! :unsuresweetie: I love this story and your writing style, and I really really really want you to keep working on it even if it takes you forever. Thanks you so much and looking forward to the updates. :pinkiesmile:

Hmm. Pity this hasn't been updated in a while. Definitely worth continuing.

I have to say the relationship part of the story moved waaaaaaaaaytooholycowfast. Really could use a bit more time in-between and perhaps some more descriptions, to help with pacing. That was the main thing that threw me this chapter.

Nonetheless, worth a Thumbs up and a fav!

I hope he contimues this series

Hey I got an idea for the story! UPDATE IT!!! PLEASE! I BEG OF YOU!

Oh,wow that was a cold shoulder,I think my heart just slowed a bit,ok bro that's a major cliffhanger,and
Not to rush you or anything because EPICNESS is not rushed it is perfected but holy dubstep this needs an update

This actually made me cry. The events that led up to this. Actually made me cry. The cold shoulder that Silent Beats had gave. Just killed me. Good job on the work! It's so sad and breathtaking, you didn't expect such an ending to this. :fluttercry: :fluttercry: :fluttercry: :fluttercry:

Login or register to comment