• Published 10th Feb 2012
  • 6,624 Views, 21 Comments

A Lovely Melody - ShadowBlaze (Behemoth)



Vinyl Scratch shares her feelings for Silent Beat, but Beat finds himself falling for somepony else.

  • ...
2
 21
 6,624

Vinyl Scratch

Vinyl Scratch

That time of week again, I thought happily as I trotted from my home. The cool summer's air wove it's way through my coat and mane. The breeze seemed sharper and the stars brighter. Of course it was always this way when I left to experience the highlight of every week. Music... My appreciation for music was always a big one. Especially her music.

It had started when we were both very young foals. She always could sing, yes. But it was when she actually created the music that I liked. I myself was not a musician due to my lack of. . .skill. Other than our love of music, we were actually pretty different from each other. I needed her music and she needed someone to trust and understand her. I suppose, to her, I was both.

I stopped in my tracks. The sound of galloping hooves made my ears perk up. A small smile played on my lips. Speak of the devil... I was rammed from the side without warning and was harshly shoved to the ground. The pony and I rolled across the cobblestone street, fighting for a vantage point. Eventually, we came to a halt when the pony sat on my chest and pinned my hooves to the cobblestone, laughing happily. I grinned as well as the white unicorn lifted her shades from her eyes.

"Gotcha again, Beats," Vinyl Scratch beamed. I chuckled and stared into her ruby eyes, her mane outlined by dozens of sparkling stars.

"Yeah, yeah. You got me Scratch," I struggled against her hooves and eventually decided to lay limp. "Get off of me." Vinyl cocked an eyebrow and punched my shoulder lightly.

"I didn't hear you ask nicely," Scratch said in a sing-song voice. I sighed and muttered under my breath. Same old Scratch.

"Please get off of me, Miss Vinyl Scratch." I say sarcastically. She helps me to my feet with a crooked half smile. I rolled my eyes and punched her back.

"Taking your sweet time on your walk, huh?" she joked as she draped a hoof over me. I bit my lip and lowered my gaze to the street.

"Yeah, well, y'know..." I trailed off. I raised my eyes to see a skeptical look on Scratch's face. She had often caught me lost in my thoughts on walks or when I'm just...plain bored.

"Yeah, well ,y'know," she imitated. Her impression of me was awful. I laughed lightly and began to resume my walk. I caught her looking in my direction out of the corner of my eye.

"What?"

"I've got a place where you definitely won't be bored." she smiled slyly. "And that's the club! C'mon! Any slower and you're cutie mark would've been a slug!" She began imitating a walk in slow-motion. I sighed and motioned for her to cut it out. She shrugged. "Alright just...hurry. I go on in, like, five minutes!" She began to gallop away. I galloped after her.

"You cant lose me that easily, Scratchy!" I call after her and I hear her signature laugh once again.

"Slowpoke!" she teased. I picked up the pace and we raced all the way to her domain. Club Scratch.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

__________________________________________________________________________________

Photo credit to Episkopi. ^^