• Published 6th May 2013
  • 1,363 Views, 13 Comments

Rarity's Army - BronyDan



Rarity forms her own military force in Ponyville

  • ...
1
 13
 1,363

Prologue

The Canterlot Elite sat outside on the lawn of the palace, a long table was set up with the finest silverware, which glistened in the early evening sun and a warm summer breeze could be felt as they ate quietly. The member of the Elite would often look up from their food and give nervous glances at the guests sitting opposite them. In the middle of the table sat Princess Celestia, ruler of Equestria, who was talking to her sister Luna, the Princess of the Night. On her other side, sat Princess Twilight Sparkle, the only pony in recorded history to have achieved the form of an Alicorn many years ago. She had not gained immortality like her mentors, but the soft lines in her face and under her eyes made her look more regal than the sisters, and the Elite had noticed that instead wearing her crown that they often saw her with, she was wearing her Element Tiara.

On the other side of Luna sat Cadence, Queen of the Crystal Empire and next to her was her husband, Brigadier Shining Armour who was quietly telling off his youngest son for using his new magical abilities to pull his sister’s hair, while his eldest son sat at the end of the table, looking at a form to join up for training as a Royal Guard.

And then there were the five ponies next to Princess Twilight; the ponies that represented the Elements of Harmony: Loyalty, Honesty, Laughter, Kindness, Generosity and for Princess Twilight, Magic. Each carried their Elements around their necks, and despite each going their separate ways over the passing years, they still talked and laughed with each other as if nothing had changed between them. And on the very end of the table, sat a dragon. He wasn’t full grown yet, as his spikes were still shorter than they would be, and some of his baby scales were still on his tail, but he was still twice as tall as the ponies and he took up the whole side of the table. He was wearing a black tuxedo, and on his chest, were two military medals.

Princess Twilight stood up from her seat, with her glass raised. “Mares and Gentlecolts!” she called out, as everyone fell silent, “It is with great honour, for us to grant one of our party tonight, with that of the privilege to finally join the Canterlot Elite. A mare who has done many great deeds for our kingdom, has stood there in the face of danger when we have been threatened, somepony whom I and many of us here are proud to have fought alongside in battle. The Element of Generosity herself, Rarity.”

Rarity gracefully stepped up, the Elite clapping their hooves on the ground. Her purple mane and tail was a much lighter colour these days, and there were small shades of white in it, but she had maintained the same elegant look on her face that she had since her days in Ponyville. “Thank you, Your Highness.” she said, bowing her head to the Princesses, “Mares and Gentlecolts,” she addressed the crowd sitting opposite her, “thank you for this wonderful opportunity, after all my years of service. But really, I would not be here myself, if it weren’t for my friends sitting next to me.” she raised her hoof, and waved it through the air, stopping it on the ponies and dragon on her right, “We, including Princess Twilight herself, have stood together in many dangerous situations over the years, but when Equestria faced its darkest moment, we became even closer than ever, to triumph and eventually, to win. Those early days were difficult, with bleak news coming in every week, but our spirits, no matter what, were always high.”

The cheering that followed this statement went on for what felt like hours as Rarity sat back down.

Author's Note:

This was an idea I had thought up after I had made a PMV, and I decided to try and see if I can make these characters work in a "Dad's Army" style setting. Hope you enjoy this story.

Link to my PMV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nMGNO-kIRpw