• Published 16th Jun 2013
  • 1,067 Views, 9 Comments

Changeling 409 - Phobiac01



It was a typical day in Equestria, the sun was shining, the birds were chirping and the changelings were invading canterlot. Yup, it couldn't get any more normal than this.

  • ...
2
 9
 1,067

Chapter 2 The Truth

Chapter 2 The Truth

As the small blue Pegasus walked into the back door of his house a wave of sensations washed over him. There were green banners and streamers depicting 'Happy Birthday' and images of party hats on them. The smell of baked goods flooded the air around the room. Party hats topped the heads of all the guests as they made small talk with each other. Loud music played from the dj booth in the background as a young white unicorn with an electric purple mane and a music note cutie mark spun the records.

Mr. Softstone came out of the kitchen balancing a large cake on his back with his wing. He walked up to his son and gave him a noogie, being careful not to drop the cake. "Hey there kiddo', having fun? I think our last guest will be arriving soon. Why don't you go around and say hi to everybody." he gestured to the croud of ponies lounging around the room. "I gotta' go put down the cake and set up some of the activities." with a twist of his head to look back towards the delectable chocolate treat, he made his way over to the buffet table.

Blu and his friend made their way over to a table with an assortment of food spread out. Grabbing a cup of punch for Flare, and then one for himself, he went out into the crowd to mingle for a while.


[to be moved to end]

Somewhere deep in the Everfree

A black creature ran through the dimly lit hallways leading to the throne room, knocking over the occasional bypasser. Once it reached the throne room doors it skidded to a halt, taking a moment to catch its breath before entering.

The large wooden doors slid open to reveal a large gem lit room with a balcony at the far end and a single occupied black marble throne in the center. The creature stepped forward to the base of the throne and lowered it's head to the floor in a deep bow.

"Rise. Tell me, drone, how is the progress of the search coming along?" the tall dark figure said in a commanding tone, it's voice sounded as if it had eaten nails for breakfast.

The smaller creature rose to its feet, it's head still in a deep bow. "My Queen, we think we might have found where the rebel is hiding. It seems that he has found love and now has a child." it said in a voice equally as hoarse as the larger figure. "Should I send out an attack force to retrieve the child. He may be of use to us if we want to bargain with the rebel."

"No. You have been of great service to me and I thank you, but we must not go in with force." the queen peered down at it with a neutral expression. "We must try to be stealth, for we do not want to reveal ourselves just yet. You will send out a stealth squad to retrieve the child immediately. Do not let yourselves be seen or our cover will be blown. Now, you must leave at once." the queen said in a yet again demanding tone of voice to the drone. The latter responding with another deep bow and a nod.

"Right away, my Queen" it said before galloping out of the door at top speed.

[to be moved to end]


"...and then I did a double barrel role twist and stuck the landing! Pretty cool, huh?" the small blue pegasus concluded his conversation with two other pegasi as the latter stared slack jawed at his story.

The oldest one of the three was first to break out of his pure awesome-induced trance "Wow! There is only three other pegasi I know that can complete a stunt like that." a look of astonishment still evident on his face. "How did you pull it off? Nobody even knows what the moves are, let alone what sequence you have to do them in to get that sort of speed."

"I read a book on it." came the simple reply.

"Just like I thought. It's just logic that our little bookworm friend here would go and read a book on it. Instead of go on an epic quest of self discovery only to stumble apon an old idol of his that went down in history, who taught him all of his moves and sent him on another mission to save the world and-" the younger Pegasus of the three began to rant on before the other two simultaneously jammed a hoof over his mouth.

"So all you needed to do was read a book? That sounds pretty simple." the older of the group said, removing his hoof once his partner stopped rambling.

"Could you teach us?" two pairs of pleading eyes stared at Blu expectantly. He shifted a bit before he looked up uneasily at the two "I don't know. It takes about a year of practice to pull it off." two disappointed gazes fell to the floor in perfect sync.

"I understand. But could you at least show us it after the party?" the younger one asked as his mood once again brightened. "If you don't mind." the older interjected.

Blu met their gazes "I'm sorry guys, I have plans with my dad. Maybe some other time though." he started walking away, waving goodbye to his friends. He bumped into someone and spilled their punch when he didn't watch where he was going.

"Oh sorry Flare, didn't see ya there." his friend helped him to pick up the spilled punch with a nearby napkin.

Anyway, how are you enjoying the party?"

[right before end part]

As the two friends chatted up a storm, they made their way back over to the punch table, completely oblivious of the pair of green irised eyes sinking back into the bushes outside of the window.

Author's Note:

The books progression is coming along a little bit slower than I wanted so the chapters may seem stretched thin and uneventful. I apologize for that and I'll try to make it up to you in the next chapter 'Chapter 3 The Reveal' - I'm still working on the title.

Way Outdated
Story is Discontinued

Comments ( 1 )

At least you gave it closure. A lot of people just abandon their stories, or even the site. With the update and cancellation, I can remove it from my favorites list. That's one less story needlessly cluttering the place up.

Login or register to comment