• Published 3rd May 2013
  • 1,462 Views, 31 Comments

My little Pony: Uncommon Connection II - Spitfire16



A direct sequel to My little Pony: Uncommon Connection. Babe and André return to Ponyville after months of being away. The memories of their past experiences cease to exist in not just their own mind but Twilight and the other's as well.

  • ...
2
 31
 1,462

It's good to be back

After their reunion André, Babe, Twilight and the others were all accounted for in the throne room in Canterlot. André and Babe were standing before the princess while the mane six stood behind them, respectfully bowing.

"It's wonderful to see your faces again." Celestia said in delight, "It makes me happy to know that you will be able to continue spending time with Twilight and her friends."

André could only smile from the happiness of being back in Equestria, "Believe me when I say it makes US happy to know that we're back."

"Yeah." Babe agreed with him.

Twilight walked to Babe's side, " But that's the thing. How were you both able to get here? I didn't perform any summoning spell."

The two looked at her in surprise, "You didn't?" Babe asked puzzled.

"No. And how are we able to remember everything?" Twilight turned to her mentor, "Didn't you clear our memories, Princess Celestia?"

"I can explain. When Luna and I erased all events that occurred in the past…something happened."

Wonder filled André's head, he was curious to know the answer, "Like what?"

"Your feelings and memories, André and Babe, they somehow manifested themselves into a Pony." Celestia's explanation only gave the friends more questions, "That Pony" Celestia continued, "has taken the same role as you two during your time in Equestria. So everything you did together stayed behind and never truly disappeared, they were more rearranged as if you never existed, I was able to remember everything due to my memory protection spell, but the more time went on the more harm I realized that I have been doing to Twilight and her friend's."

"But it wasn't your fault." Babe spoke out to the princess, "I mean, the spell you were performing was meant to erase our memory and that's all. It's not that big of deal."

The princess slightly lowered her head, "Not…exactly." she sounded as if she had some regret in her, "I erased the memories of everypony who knew about you. I didn't want anypony to remember the Changeling invasion. I thought erasing everything would have things go back to the way they were before you came but I never took into consideration about all the good you two did for all the Ponies in Ponyville. You gave us all hope and you've made a great impact on Twilight and her friend's. My first mistake unexpectingly led to the pony crafted from your essence."

At first Babe believed that all the events that led up until now wasn't much of a big deal but, like the other's, he realized some harm would be done, "So if that pony had stayed around then-"

"We would've forgotten all about our true friends." Twilight finished, "Our friendship would've been disconnected."

Celestia nodded, "Your friendship, forever, lives in your hearts and in the Elements of Harmony."

With Twilight and the other's being the current wielder's of the elements André thought up of a hypothesis, "If our friendship lives in the Elements of Harmony then that must mean that they elements were being affected as well."

"Yes," Celestia agreed, "that is true. The elements were losing their power. As you can see my 'best' intentions were probably some of the worse intentions made. I'm sorry." it was evident the princess was disappointed in her own actions as it would've led to an inevitable downfall if nothing was done about it.

André reassured Celestia with a smile, "No need to apologize. You only did what you thought was right."

"But the question remains…" Babe said while looking at André, "how did we get here? Twilight didn't use a summoning spell."

"I think that the elements have brought you here." Celestia concluded, the group looked at the princess wanting an answer, "Well, I'm not sure." she admitted, "The elements hold unimaginable power so it is possible. But, again, I'm not sure. It looks like we have a real mystery on our hooves but I'm sure it'll solve itself eventually. I can already see that there's another journey ahead of you, it may be just as difficult."

After hearing the words "twice" and "difficult" André slouched over and sighed a little. Twilight chuckled at his reaction.

Even Celestia giggled softly, " Not to worry though. I'm sure it's nothing you can't handle. I believe in you all. Just enjoy yourselves."

André stood upright and didn't mind another tough adventure, as long as he was with his Pony friends again it didn't matter, "Ok. We will," he said to the princess, "and thank you for everything Princess Celestia."

"It's no trouble." She smiled at the act of forgiveness of the two, despite them never holding anything against her anyway, "Now, if you'd please excuse me, I have some work to get back to."

"Alright." Babe waved to her, "See ya later."

They all leave the room, allowing Princess Celestia to get back to her work. Afterwards the gang went to the library. André and Babe sat on the couch while their Pony friends stood around them.

"Woo!" André happily shouted, "It's good to be back."

Babe had his attention on André, "Yeah, so let's continue from where we left off."

"What do you mean?" André asked.

Babe pushed André off the couch, making him sit on the floor, "Anypony wanna sit?" he offered the mane six while André groaned on the floor.

Twilight laughed at the two, happy to see they didn't change, "How's it been guys?" she asked with a big smile on her face.

André adjusted himself comfortably on the floor, "It's been pretty good. Nothing's really changed back on our world, same old, same old."

"Nothing's changed here either." she bounced up to André, "You know what that means: Party!" André laughed at Pinkie's energetic self, she never failed to make him laugh.

"That's right Pinkie, Party HARD!" Babe added.

Pinkie rubbed her hooves together with tons of idea's swirling around in her head, "I've got so many ideas! Lots of games, activities, sweets and lots of other stuff!" she licked her lips, nearly drooling of all the delicious sweet possibilities, "Yum!"

"Pinkie Pie's sweets…" André started to think of the deliciousness himself, "now that sounds really good."

"While that all sounds fun and all we should let André and Babe get settled back in." Twilight said to the five other mares.

"Right." Rarity agreed, "Babe, are you still interested at staying at my house?"

"Of course. Just like old times even though it wasn't that long ago." he crossed his legs and made a wealthy impersonation, "Jolly good times" he said in the most cheesiest yet funniest attempt he ever made.

"And you'll be staying here with Spike and me right, André?" Twilight asked.

Twilight slightly raised her hoof, " You know it's no trouble."

"Well then I guess we're all good." he cheerfully stated, plans for staying being settled.

Twilight's eyes sparkled(wink, wink) with an idea, "How about a sleepover?" she suggested to the group, "One BIG sleepover, wouldn't that be fun, all of us here and just having a really great time?"

Applejack turned her head to Fluttershy, "Hey, that does sound kind of fun." she said to Fluttershy who couldn't agree more.

"WELL!" Babe stood up, "While you guys are doing that I'll be at Rarity's."

"Oh no," Twilight forcibly sat him back down with her magic, "you're staying too!"

Babe raised an eyebrow at her, "Come again?"

"All of us. As in you and André as well." Twilight made clear, "It wouldn't be as much fun without you."

Babe rubbed his head in uncertainty, "Um, I don't think that's such a good idea." he looked at the six with wandering eyes, "I mean…you're all girls and for boys to be there it'd be kind of weird."

"Nonsense!" Rarity exclaimed, "We're friends right? We'll take it as an insult if you don't come."

Babe was now out of options...he looked at André for help, "Aw…what do you think we should do, Dré?"

"I don't have a problem with it." he shrugged, "I mean it is our first day back so why not have some fun?"

"…Eh. I guess so." Babe finally gave in.

All the ponies cheered in excitement. Babe was still uncomfortable with the idea, Pinkie Pie, Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, Rarity and Applejack all went out to get their overnight things so they'd be ready for the sleep over.

As the night fell all the Ponies were all present at the library. To start off the party they were all giving each other make over's. André, Babe and Spike were all sitting on the couch watching them.

"Spike, Babe, André you simply must join us!" Rarity suggested in a girly way, "Have you ever tried a mud mask? It's to die for."

Babe waved the notion off, "Uh, no thank you Rarity…boys, don't do the mud mask thing."

"It helps with complexion, are you sure?" she asked.

"We like our complexion." André said as Spike and Babe nodded.

Rarity laughed, "No, sillies, it doesn't change it or anything."

"It doesn't?" André asked with his head slightly tilted.

"No. It refreshes it."

Babe thought for a second and turned to his right, to André, and to his left, to Spike, before finally back at Rarity, "Still no."

"Yeah. It's still a girly thing." André added.

Rarity huffed, "Boys…" she turned her attention back to the other's, "Alright! Twilight, Pinkie Pie and Fluttershy, you're all done. Now it's Rainbow Dash and Applejack's turn."

"Nuh uh." Applejack rejected as she walked over to the three guys, "Ah'm siding with the boys on this one."

Rainbow Dash flew behind Applejack in agreement, "Yeah."

"Suit yourselves," Rarity shrugged, "more beauty for us."

Babe playfully flagged Rarity and the others, "While they're off doing they're little girly games how about we arm wrestle?"

"Arm wrestle?" Applejack quoted with a bit of competition in her tone, "You're on! That sounds like my kind of game."

"Yeah!" It was only natural Rainbow Dash was in for it too.

"I knew you two would be down," he once again turned to the Spike and André, "how about you, Spike and Dré?"

"Sounds fun. Sure, I'll do it!" Spike joined in on the friendly competition.

"I don't know…" André sounded a bit unsure, "I'm kind of against arm wrestling."

Babe nearly frowned, "Why?" he asked, " Because of that video you saw?"

"Yes." André admitted.

Babe sighed at his friends reason, "Stop girlin'!"

Rainbow Dash and Applejack's eyes fell upon Babe with stares of offense considering they were girls. Babe felt a bit intimidated by their stares.

"I mean, stop being such a baby!" he corrected himself, "You're not going to let a serious physical injury prevent you from having fun are you?"

André nodded what he saw back at home really made him change his views on arm wrestling...it was pretty insane...

"I'm sure Rainbow wants you to." he tried convincing him with his own teasing reason.

"He's right." Rainbow agreed.

Babe turned a quick head to her, "I am?"

"Yeah and not because of what you're thinking, because I would like to see who's the strongest out of all of us." the competitive tone in her voice was quite obvious.

"Let's have a tourney then," Babe suggested to make it a bit more fun, "André against Spike and Rainbow Dash against me. Applejack, whoever wins between me and Rainbow will go against you since we're an odd numbered bunch and what not. And whoever wins out of André and Spike can arm wrestle whoever wins out of me and you."

The group didn't seem to go against the idea and just looked at each other with determination in their eyes, André wasn't really into the sport but he decided to go for it anyway because he was most likely going to be forced to anyway. The arm wrestling challenge was set. They all went over to a table and paired up. André and Spike were sitting across from each other while Babe and Rainbow Dash were parallel to them.

"Ah'll watch over ya'll. Good luck to each of ya." Applejack wished her friends the best of luck.

Spike smiled at André before getting into the heat of competition, "Good luck, dude."

"You too." André smiled back.

"You ready?" Babe asked Rainbow Dash.

She smirked at Babe with a cocky look, "I'm not losing." she claimed.

André and Spike were locked hand and claw. Spike was rather taken aback by how big André's hands were compared to his claw. Babe and Rainbow Dash were in a stare down. Both were locked hand and hoof ready to throw down.

On the other side of the room Rarity and the others were continuing their make overs but at the same time were watching the others prepare to arm wrestle.

"Arm wrestling?" Rarity observed, "Such a crude sport…"

Twilight turned her beauty face to Rarity, "You think so?" she asked only seeing it as a game, "It's all in good fun."

"I suppose but it's just not my cup of tea." she continued to neglect the game in her royal persona.

Pinkie just remembered something, "Speaking of which," she said in a mischievous voice, "Fluttershy!" The energetic pink pony inched toward Fluttershy. Rarity and Twilight were curious and moved in a little close to hear what Pinkie had to say, "What's up with you and Babe?"

"What do you mean?" Fluttershy asked in a bit of confusion.

"When are you and Babe going to tie the knot?" Pinkie made herself a bit more clear.

Fluttershy nearly turned blushed, "K-Knot?" she looked at her three friends hoping they weren't thinking about what she was fearing they were thinking about, "You don't think that-"

"Don't try and hide it Fluttershy." Twilight teased slightly, " It's pretty obvious there's something going on between you and him, when do you plan to make it official?"

"I don't really plan on doing anything."

Rarity tapped Fluttershy's side, "The date was a dead giveaway."

"Well, that wasn't really much of a giveaway because it was just another lesson for my shyness classes you know…it wasn't much of a date…"

"Sure." Twilight said sarcastically, " I think you and Babe would make a pretty nice couple."

Fluttershy began thinking of the possible future she could have with Babe if they did work something out. She went into a temporary silence.

"Fluttershy?" Twilight called out to her friend, "Hey, Fluttershy!" she spoke a bit louder.

Fluttershy heard Twilight's voice and shook herself out of it, "Huh? What?" she looked back to Twilight and Rarity.

"Are you alright?" Twilight asked in concern, "You sort of zoned out for a second there."

"I-I'm fine…" Fluttershy laughed nervously, "I think dating should be later down the line. We're just friends."

Rarity smiled at Fluttershy's innocence, "You can hide the truth from us, but you can't hide the truth from your heart."

"You've got it all wrong." Fluttershy claimed while she tried to hide her blush.

Twilight, Rarity and Pinkie Pie looked at each other with girly smiles. You know, that smile girls do when they talk about feelings their friends have for guys. Yeah, those smiles. Anyway, back at the arm wrestling competition the other's set up Spike was struggling to move André's arm, it seemed impossible for the small Dragon to just nudge it a little, André just sat and watched Spike's attempts which made no real progress.

"Your arm won't even budge!" Spike continued to struggle before stopping, "This is totally unfair…"

"Yeah…you wanna call this one?"

Spike lowered his claw in defeat, "There's no way I can win…soooo-"

"André wins." Applejack declared.

"Rats..." Spike muttered in

André playfully rubbed Spike's head, cheering him up. Applejack, Spike and André turned their attention to Rainbow Dash and Babe. Babe had the upper hand and was out doing her. Her hoof was inching closer and closer to the table.

"I can't....lose!" Rainbow strained against Babe.

Babe chuckled as he struggled to get Rainbow's arm to the other end of the table.

"C'mon, Rainbow, you can do it!" André cheered for the Pegasus rather than his Human friend.

"Gee! Thanks for the support, Dré. You're such a great friend."

André flagged Babe, "Shut up and be a man, support yourself."

"Uh! I-I can't….Ah!" Rainbow's hoof hit the table and Babe won, "Darn it!" she cried out, "You're way too strong!"

"It's cool," Babe patted her back in an attempt to cheer her up, "you did good."

"I hate losing…" she sulked. Rainbow Dash got up, allowing Applejack to sit across from Babe. Whoever won this round would be able to take on André since he won against Spike.

"Ya ready?" Applejack asked.

André placed his arm in front of AJ, "No, Applejack, stay back." she slightly backed up seeing André inferring, "Let me go against him. This is for Rainbow."

"Me?" Rainbow Dash asked in surprise.

André nodded at her, "I won't allow that lose to fly. I don't want you depressed so I'll win this for you."

"You can't be serious...." Babe face palmed.

Applejack looked at the seriousness on André's face, "Well…he seems pretty serious about this one." she looked back at Babe, "Ah'll let him take this one. Ah'll just go against you after he's done."

"Fine." Babe sighed.

The two Humans locked hands and were ready to arm wrestle.

"Dré, I'm just going to tell you now that…what you said earlier was lame."

André shook his head at his friend, he was making his stand, "You know what, Babe? You think you're so good. You think you're so much better than everyone else."

"I do?" asked Babe in confusion.

"There!" André exclaimed, "That sarcasm…"

"That…seriously wasn't sarcasm." he honestly replied, "Are you really that upset I beat Rainbow?"

André held up his other hand and halved the situation with the hand sign, "Sort of…" admitting it was half and half.

"You hear that Rainbow?" Babe asked as he looked at her, "He's doing this just for you. Give him a sticker after this."

"Babe…you belittle me at home and you pushed me around in Ponyville. You made me sleep on the floor and took the bed when you already had the couch called. You cut me off whenever I'm trying to talk and I won't have it anymore!"

Babe didn't say anything.

"Once I beat you you'll have to respect me from now on." André looked him dead in the eye, "What do you have to say to that?"

"You lost."

André looked down and saw his arm lying on the table after Babe had easily put him down.

Applejack cracked a smile but held it in, "And…Babe won. Heheh…ahahaha!" she couldn't help but explode in laughter after the whole ordeal.

Babe shrugged his shoulders, "…You weren't doing that for Rainbow, were you?"

André continued looking at his hand lying on the table, "I lost?" he asked himself knowing he shouldn't have made the whole speech but it was over and there wasn't anything he could do.

"Yup." Rainbow answered his question while wrapping her arm around his neck, "Big time!" she smiled.

"Darn it...I knew I shouldn't have made a speech."

Applejack continued laughing her sides off on the floor, she couldn't contain herself.

André looked at Applejack as she was lost in laughter, "What are you laughing at AJ?"

"Uh," she stopped laughing to think of something to say other than André's name, "Chocolate milk!"

André looked at her with a plain expression, she said it, "...I believe you." he accepted her response despite knowing that wasn't really the reason she was laughing. André got up and left the table. Applejack sat across from Babe and the two locked each other in, hand and hoof. The atmosphere was intense.

"Ah can feel the tension in the air. This is gonna be good." Applejack's eyes squinted, ready for this.

"I've been waiting on this day since I came to town." Babe replied with eyes similar to Applejack's.

"Ready?" she asked.

"Get set..." he counted down.

André looked at the two to see if they were honestly just going to slowly count the competition down and from the look of it, yes, yes they were. "Just go already." he signaled for them to go.

Babe and Applejack engaged in their competition of strength. The two appeared to be an equal match for each other, whenever Applejack managed to get Babe's arm to one side Babe would push back and get her arm on the other side until she pushed back, equaling out the two strengths.

"Wow." André was amazed, "These guys are going at it. It looks like they're evenly matched. Let's see how this turns out."

Half an hour later…the two were still encased in their arm wrestling match. Rainbow Dash yawned, "This is boring..."

"It's still not over?" André asked as he laid on the floor.

"Give it up AJ!" Babe started to sweat.

"Never!" Applejack started doing the same.

The two continued to strain. Sweat rolling down both their heads, the two waiting for the other to give in. Tired of their stalemate Twilight steps in, " Alright, that's it! This game ends in a draw!"

"What!?" the two competitors asked out.

Twilight placed her hoof in between the two, "You two have been at this for some time now, it's time to stop this. Besides it's a sleepover so we have to do something else."

André rose up from the floor, "It's finally over?" he asked particularly no one, "I zoned out for a moment. Who won?"

"It was a draw." Twilight stated.

"For now..." Babe and Applejack corrected, staring each other down with competitive smiles.

The purple mare simply rolled her eyes, "The next activity is the famous…truth or dare!" Twilight told the group in excitement.

André and Babe nearly choked, "Truth or Dare!?" they squealed in mild panic.

"Yup. It's going to be fun! Everypony gather round! I go first!" the last time a game of truth or dare was going to be played it turned into disaster for Twilight, this time she was sure things were going to play out smoothly.

"Maybe we can actually get the chance to have an actual game this time, huh?" Applejack sat beside Fluttershy. Spike, Pinkie Pie, Twilight and Rarity joined in and were gathered around in a circle.

With no other option Rainbow Dash shrugged at the two boys, "I guess it can't be helped." she flew over to the others, "We might as well do something to break the boredom."

André felt a bit nervous, just a bit, "Babe..." he whispered to his friend who was nearly in the same condition.

"I know." Babe whispered back, "Maybe, we should just go."

Twilight saw the two making their little whisper games, "André, Babe!" she called out to them making them flinch, "Get your butts over here in the circle. We're getting ready to start!"

The two boys didn't really know what to expect from the ponies game of true or dare but on Earth it usually would lead to something immature or physically hilarious…something they knew they probably wouldn't be able to pull off since they're not Ponies and not to mention the dreadful truth…