• Published 30th Apr 2013
  • 999 Views, 5 Comments

Plot Bunnies and One-Shots - darkmagician41



A collection of Short stories and one-shots that will not let me go until I writen and posted them. All up for adoption.

  • ...
 5
 999

The Ancient Ring Bearing Mage: Shining Armor

The Ancient Ring Bearing Mage: Shining Armor

Chapter 1

A Pinch is a Chance!

(Contains Anthro Ponies from ss2sonic)

When it comes to being a Captain of the Dawn Guard; there are a few things that they need to be able to do. One of them is being able to fully wake up at a moments notice if and when trouble strikes. For Captain Shining Armor -a pony who was use to waking up quickly thanks to his little sister Twilight- when he found himself waking up a lot slower than he normally would on a hard surface. It was the first of many signs that something was wrong. Aa his mind finally started to get up to speed, he also noticed he was still wearing his Full Dress Uniform and lying on the rocky ground of a Cave.

“Where am I?” he asked himself as he sat up rubbing his forehead under his horn with one of his hands.

“SHINY!!!” a familiar voice called out before he was slammed with a tackle hug by a familiar purple blur wearing a librarian style uniform.

“Twiley!” Shining replied as he saw his younger sister hugging him looking slightly beat up, “What happened to you???”

"You don’t remember Shining?” Another familiar -slightly peeved- voice reply causing the stallion to turn and face a familiar pink alicorn with purple eyes and a three toned mane/tail that was mess up along with the dress she wore.

“Candace?!?! What are you doing here?!?!” The unicorn asked as his shock deepened .

“I’ll give you one clue,” Candace replied still a bit steamed, “Changelings.”

That quickly got the Captain’s attention as his eyes hardened. “Tell me everything...”

A few minutes later Shining wished he knew a cloning spell so he could kick his own flank for what he did. “I’m so sorry Twiley, Candace. If I had been stronger mentally... None of this would have happened.”

“It’s okay Shiny,” Twilight replied with a sad smile, “Chrysalis fool everyone with her magic. I was the only one to have an idea that something was wrong; but because of the way I acted on the way here, no-pony believed me.”

Shining just smiled as he pulled his little sister into a hug, “It’s okay. I should have told you about our wedding earlier and not through a letter like I did.”

“Which I am still mad at you about,” Candace added glaring at her fiance, “How in Equestria could you tell your own little sister about our wedding through a letter AND a week before we were suppose to get married.”

The stallion could only winch in emotional pain as he replied, “I don’t have an excuse at all. Though I do hope to make up for it later; if you two are willing to let me.”

The two mares looked at each other briefly -talking mentally as only sister can- before looked at Shiny with slightly evil grins on their face. “Oh can think of a few things to make up for your mistakes,” the two said with such synchronicity that the stallion could not help but gulp in fear.

“But we can worry about that later,” Twilight added making her brother breath a brief mental sigh of relief, “We still need to think of a way out of here.”

“But how?” Candace replied, “The caves make it impossible to use magic to get out of here, Shiny had most of his magic taken from him, and I don’t know any combat spells since we may need to fight our way out of here..”

[MacGyver Intro Theme]

Twilight just looked around their surrounding with a hum, before an idea came to her. “I think I have an idea just crazy enough to work.” And with that she began to gather the needed supplies for their escape as her brother and soul sister looked on in confusion.

A few seconds later the two older ponies looks of confusion had turned to shock as Twilight had somehow cobbled together pieces of their surrounding such as partly hollowed out crystals, shaving from certain rocks, pieces of Candace’s dress, and some strange metallic like sand.

“What in my aunt’s name are you doing?” Candace asked as she watched her little sister put the pieces together inside the hollowed crystals.

“Just a little bit of extra insurance for when we escape,” Twilight mysteriously replied.

Shining on the other hand/hoof recognized what his little sister was doing. “Taken a few cues from MacGyver huh?” He asked as he was reminded of one of his fellow guards who was more of a ‘problem solver’ then a fighter.

Twilight just grinned as she reached into a hidden pocket of her dress and pulled out a familiar knife. “He did teach me a few things BBBFF,” she said before adding, “Stay low, move fast, think smart...”

“...And if you go,” Shining finished as Candace looked at them strangely, “take company along.” The two chuckled/giggled as Twilight finished her ‘surprises’

On the other side of the ‘prison’ three Changeling Guards were doing their rounds when they heard some banging on the rock. Growling, one of the guards marched over to the rock and with his magic opened it like a pair of sliding doors ready to smack the princess who had been doing that for over a week now.

A second later a bright flash of light blinded all three before darkness took over. Twilight, Shining, and Candace smiled as they stood over the downed Changeling guards with large pieces of rocks in their hands. “Let’s get out of here,” Shining suggested which the two mares agreed as Twilight grabbed the three other ‘flash bangs’ she had created.

And with that the three of them took off, racing as fast as they could out of the caves and dodging the Changeling Guards. After a while they found an old minecraft rail system they could use to get out. Unfortunately, just as they found it, an alarm started to sound.

“Horsefeathers, they found out about our escape,” Shining Armor commented as Twilight looked around and spotted something.

“I found a minecart!” She said, handing the crystals to Candace before racing towards it. After a bit of shoving and pushing, the cart was now over a downward slope of the track just as the sound of guards started to get closer.

Without thinking and a quick look around, Shining forced both Cadence and Twilight into the cart, startling them, “I’ll hold them off, you two stop the wedding and save Canterlot.”

“But what about you?” Candace asked as her fiance grabbed the ‘flash bangs’ and used a little bit of his remaining magic to ignite the cloth fuses.

“Consider this part of my apology for what I did,” he said before giving the cart a strong kick to push it over the edge.

“SHINING~!!!” The two girls shouted out as they unwillingly raced down the tracks to safety.

Turning to the charging insects, Shining Armor waited until the last second before throwing the improvised bombs and jumping over the edge onto a nearby ledge he had seen briefly just as the ‘flash bangs’ went off. Unfortunately when he landed, the stallion accidentally pressed his hand against the hand against a part the wall where a seal was, causing it to crumble behind him. With a cry of alarm, Shining slid down the rocky tunnel and slammed into the ground when his ride ended.

“Ow,” the captain groaned out as he slowly sat up with his eyes adjusting to the light that the crystals gave out. “Never doing that again.”

As he looked around, he started to notice the place he was in wasn’t naturally made; the biggest clue being the stone altar in the middle of the ‘room’. “Where am I?” He asked fully standing up and looking around.

Soon he neared the stone altar and saw that the top of it had octagon shaped seal on top of it with a strange object embedded in the middle. It looked like a golden mask in the shape of a square with green eyes and a small red rectangle on its forehead. Without thinking he gently took the object and gently pulled it out to reveal a loop behind the mask.

“A ring?” he asked himself just before the seal started to glow a golden color. “Horse feathers!!!” He cursed and got ready to run when the seal suddenly ‘spit out’ a strange device that looked like a black belt buckle but thicker with silver double gate doors on the front, slots on the side, the right side shaped to resemble the ring he picked up, and gold shining in-between the gates and the buckle itself.

Slowly, Shining inched towards the altar -taking care to keep his muscles ready to jump away- and gently poked the buckle. When nothing happened, the stallion grasped the buckle and -taking a deep breath- pulled the buckle from the altar and jumped away. After a few seconds of nothing happening, Shining sighed and let his hand -which held the buckle -drift to his waist.

Suddenly, the captain heard something and looked down to see the buckle form a belt which wrapped around his waist holding it tight.

“Not Again!!” the stallion cursed and was about to try and pull the buckle off when green energy exploded at his feet.

Rolling to the side away from the explosion, Shining looked towards the opening and saw a small group of Changelion guards enter, their spears and swords pointed at him with jagged horns glowing with green energy.

“Well, I’m in a pinch,” the stallion said as the Changelings slowly advanced on him.

“But a Pinch can be a Chance in disguise,” A deep ancient voice sounded from seemingly nowhere startling everyone, “Use The Ring, Shining Armor.”

“Ring?” Shining asked as he looked at the ring still in his hand. Taking a chance, the stallion quickly slid the ring onto his left hand then -through some strange mental probing- punched the ring into the left slot where it spoke with a drull roll.

=SET!=

He then twisted the ring causing the gates to fly open revealing a gold roaring lion’s head with red eyes and a bright light on it’s forehead. the back of the gate also had gold designs set into them; A flying falcon above a jumping dolphin on the right door with a buffalo jumping over a chameleon on the left door. As the doors opened, the buckle spoke again with a lion’s roar accompanying it.

=OPEN!=

Suddenly, Shining Armor felt his hands get flung to the side at the roar before all time seemed to stop. A second later, the world around captain faded into a golden void with a bright gold mist materializing in front of him quickly forming a monster larger than a manticore. It was a mechanical black and gold lion with green eyes that seemed to glare into his soul. An orange falcon’s head was on it’s right shoulder with a wing of the same color jutting out while the right shoulder had a light blue dolphin with a wing and a crimson red buffalo on its breastplate with golden horns and ring in its nose.

“I am Khimaira.” the creature said in the same deep ancient voice Shining heard before.

“Shining Armor,” Khimaira began to say as he walked around the still pony revealing a lime green Chameleon on it’s back with its tongue forming his tail, “You have opened the doors of the belt and become one with me.”

“Become one with you?” Shining asked as he tried to follow the monster as best he could stuck in the position he was in, “What do you mean?”

“As the ones before you,” Khimaira explained as he stopped in front of the captain, “If you feed me magical energy from your enemies; I will grant you great magical power to protect those precious to you as my favorite contractor -Nitoh Kosuke- had done before.”

“Your favorite contractor?” Shining asked hoping to get as much information as he could out of the monster, “Just how old are you?”

“Older than even your princesses Shining Armor,” Khimaira replied, “So old that i have had contractors who were human; the forerunners of your race.”

Shining eyes widen in shock when he heard about how Khimaira actually had contact with the mythical human race. But his thoughts were pushed to the side as the monster continued talking.

“Unfortunately if you do not feed me magic often I will be forced to take your life energy to sustain myself.” Shining eyes went wide at that as Khimaira continued, “Thankfully, you are one of the rare few contractors that has the magic inside you already awakened so your life will not be in danger at all. Just give me a little bit of your magic daily when you do not fight to keep me satisfied and during the times you do; I will feast on the magic that your enemies use against you to empower your own stores.”

Mentally breathing a sigh of relief before glaring at Khimaira as he said, “I will gladly become one with you as long as you promise to never force me to harm any innocents; especially the princesses and my family.”

Khimaira smiled as he heard this before he began the final process, “Now Shining Armor, defeat your enemies so I may devour their magical energies; as the Wild Ring Mage: KAMEN RIDER BEAST!!!”

And with a roar, Khimaira jumped towards and into Shining Armor, infusing him with greater magical power then what he had before. Back in the real world, the captain of the dawn guard began to glow brightly with a golden light as the belt spoke once more with a beat in the background.

=L-I-O-N; LION!=

The crystal inside the cave reflected the golden light tenfold blinding the Changelings as their once captive began to unleash hell on them. Small explosion and the occasional gulping sounds filled the room as the light slowly dimmed -briefly brightening before fully toning down. With the light fully gone, Shining Armor stood in the middle of the defeated Changelings with the belt that was wrapped around his waist changing into a black belt with a simple silver buckle in the shape of a pair of gates. There was also a new addition to his right hand; a black and silver ring octagon shaped ring that was slightly molded to look like his new buckle.,

“What a rush,” Shining said as his head slowly stopped spinning from the sudden adrenaline shot. Once he was back to normal, the captain decided to not stick around and quickly headed for the surface, hoping he got the Canterlot in time to make a difference in the coming invasion.

Time/Scene Skip

Unfortunately, things were not going so well back up top. Both Princess Candace and Princess Celestia had been captured with the Elements of Harmony also taken prisoner with their Artifacts hidden away somewhere. In the middle of everything Queen Chrysalis was gloating about her victory over the Princesses and the Elements...

At least until the doors to the main hall were slammed open sending a few Changeling guards flying. There, in the middle of the doorway was Shining Armor, glaring at the Changeling Queen.

“SHINY!!!” Twilight and Candace shouted in glee while everypony else was stunned.

“So,” Chrysalis began, “You escaped my guards and traps, Shining Armor.”

“Wasn’t that hard really,” Shining replied back with a confident smirk, “Your guards are not all that powerful.”

“And yet,” Chrysalis continued, “you still decided to confront me despite our difference in power.”

“If I still had my own power yes,” Shining fired off as he held up his right hand to show the ring on it, “but I have gained a new power in the catacombs beneath Canterlot.”

With that, Shining placed his right hand over his new buckle causing a golden octagon rune circle to appear between the two, morphing back into its original form as it spoke.

=DRIVER ON!=

He then held his left hand up to his right shoulder as he spoke the word Khimaira told him many of his previous contractors had used while moving his arm out to the side, “Hen~shin!”

Then he slammed be ring into the left slot and twist activating the Driver as the gates open for a second time that day.

=SET; OPEN!=
=L-I-O-N; LION!=

Shining then held his hand out to the sides as a larger version of the rune circle he used before; appeared before him as it moved over him. A bright golden light briefly blinded the audience before it died down and revealed a changed Shining Armor.

The stallion’s clothing had been replaced with an armored black bodysuit and white armored gloves. Some of the armor on his forearms, thighs, and chest with gold bracers on his wrists that had inscriptions of the four beasts on the doors of the Driver. Both of his shoulders guards were black with gold along the bottom but the left guard had a roaring gold lion’s head on it. Finally his head was completely covered with a golden helmet shaped to look like a lion slightly with a silver fanged mouth guard, green compound eyes, and a small red gem on his forehead where his horn would have been if it wasn’t inside the helmet somehow.

Every magic user watching was stunned by the ancient and powerful magic that Shining had accessed while Candace was drooling slightly with lust, seeing her fiance armored up and ready to kick some flank. Chrysalis was stunned as well since a powerful and raw killing intent was being focused directly at her without affecting anyone else. It was as if she was staring down a millenniums old dragon she had just stolen from.

“Who...What are you???” she asked through her trembling lips and body.

“I’m still Shining Armor,” the stallion replied with a shrug, “Captain of the DawnGuard, big brother to Twilight Sparkle, and fiance of Princess Candace. But I gained a new name after I found this armor and was chosen worthy of it; The Wild Ring Mage: Kamen Rider Beast!!!”

Shining then clapped his hands and rubbed them together, smirking under his helmet as he said, “Now as my predecessors would say... It’s Lunchtime!”

Comments ( 1 )

2705617
Which one are you talking about???

Login or register to comment