• Published 30th Apr 2013
  • 999 Views, 5 Comments

Plot Bunnies and One-Shots - darkmagician41



A collection of Short stories and one-shots that will not let me go until I writen and posted them. All up for adoption.

  • ...
 5
 999

Fluttershy's Newest Buddy

Fluttershy’s Newest Buddy

Part 1: Gentle as a Lamb With a Heart of a Ri-oh (Lion)!

The nicest and most sweetest pony in Ponyville ran crying after she was scared out of her wits by a mean griffon that was supposedly Rainbow Dash’s friend. She did not know how long she ran; but she kept going until her body finally gave out and she crashed to the ground; her eyes still flowing with tears. A few seconds later she heard a soft growl similar to a manticore's but artificial in a way.

Slowly, Fluttershy looked up and saw a huge pair of golden yellow eyes, bigger than even a full grown dragon’s, glaring at her. And without even thinking, the poor pegasus screamed in fear before curling up into a ball; too tired to run despite the adrenalin coursing through her veins. After a while, she heard the creature growl again, but much softer than before; as if telling Fluttershy it would not harm her.

With daring that seemed to come from nowhere; Fluttershy slowly looked up once more and saw that the creature’s eyes, despite being fixed in a glare, showed kindness and sorrow for what it did. The creature growled softly once more and Fluttershy’s ability to understand creatures was finally unclogged of her fear.

“You... you don’t w-want to hurt me?” she asked tentatively and was shocked to see the creature nod it’s head. She looked around and finally saw where she was. “Y-you’re the one that chased all of the naughty creatures away from Ponyville when they appear!”

Another roar answer her which confused the pegasus mare some, “You only scared them away...Because of your...Programing?”

Instead of answering Fluttershy’s question, it stepped out into the light causing the mare to gasp in shock as she saw its or rather his giant metal body that reminded Fluttershy of an animal she heard about that lived in the country Zecora was born in.

“Your so handsome,” the mare gasped out in awe which -if it was possible- caused the metal creature to blush at the praise before it growled out a question.

Shrinking into herself slightly, Fluttershy lived up to her name as she softly said, “It’s a long story I shouldn’t bother you with.”

A soft growl and something large gently nudging her caused the mare to look up into kind questioning eyes and after a while she finally let loose with her story. As she explained why she had ran into the Everfree forest, the creature slowly started to become enraged at the fact that someone would purposefully scare a kind mare like Fluttershy for their own amusement. Once the story was over the crying mare felt the creature gently nudge her with its nose as he growled softly.

‘I’m okay,” she replied while wiping her tears away, “I just wish I was stronger sometimes.”

Another growl, this one with a bit more power behind it, quickly brought Fluttershy’s attention to the creature. Thought his growls, he told the mare about what he saw three months ago when the night lasted far longer than it should have and reminded her that while he might not be strong physically, her mental and spiritual strength was far greater than she herself was lead to believe.

The butter furred Pegasus blushed at the praise the creature gave her which quickly turned to fright when a familiar high pitched voice appeared behind her.

“HEY FLUTTERSHY!!!”

As Pinkie Pie appeared, fluttershy disappeared just as quickly confusing the Earth Pony Mare, until she looked up and saw the poor pegasus shuttering on top of the creature’s muzzle.

“Sorry about that Fluttershy,” the pink mare apologized rubbing the back of her head briefly before reaching into her saddlebag and pulled out an envelope. “Here’s an invitation to a party for Gilda!’

Pinkie set the invitation down and took off calling over her whitters, “See you there Fluttershy and...” saying the creature’s name despite only meeting him just now.

As the mare took off, the creature was stunned that a pony he never met had somehow knew his name and growled out a question.

“Pinkie always seems to know things like that,” the pegasus mare replied as she gingerly fluttered down from the creature’s muzzle and picked up the invitation. “So that is your name... It is very unique and fits you quite well.”

Once again in a metal creature like him could have blush he would. At that moment he decided to help the mare and lightly growled at her. Fluttershy watched as the creature’s eyes glowed slightly before they released a soft yellow light that engulfed the mare. When it died Fluttershy saw that she now had a new accessory for her left foreleg that looked like a blue, black, and silver watch of sorts but with a strange extension on the part closest to her knee that held a strange transparent yellow object with a button on the other side. The creature growled out what the object was which stunned the vet as she gazed at it in wonder.

“Thank you for this gift,” she said looking up at the creature with a shy but happy smile, “And do not worry. You will get to met Gilda before she leaves.” And with that she trotted back to Ponyville happily as she started to look forward to the party.

Time Skip

When the party for the griffon finally started, she watched as Gilda was pranked time and time again by Rainbow Dash but was so set on thinking that it was Pinkie that when she finally accused her of it and found out that it was Dash, she exploded. When she walked out of the door, the shy pegasus mare quickly followed after her to the confusion of the other ponies who chased after her.

“Excuse me Gilda,” Fluttershy called out in her usual voice getting the griffon to violently turn around, glaring at her.

“What do you want dweeb?” she hissed at the mare thinking she was going to do like she did last time and cower in fear.

Keeping her nerves steady, Fluttershy said, “There is actually a friend I want you to meet who really would like to talk to you.” And with that she reached for the object on her leg, twisted the ring round the face of the watch, then pressed the middle of said watch stunning the ponies when it spoke.

=CALL MODE!=

With that, she spoke into the object, saying, “You can come out now, Tategami Ri-oh.”

Not a second later a loud lion’s roar echoed out of the Everfree forest before the ground started shaking as something raced out of it. All the ponies -minus Pinkie- including Gilda gasped in shock as a navy blue, black, and gold mechanical lion -larger than a full grown dragon- charged out of the forest with a roar before jumping over half of Ponyville and landing behind Fluttershy who did not move an inch despite all the shaking with the same kind and gently smile on her face -thought to those who knew her well, it did have a hint of mischief in it.

“This is my new friend Gilda,” the pegasus mare introduced the glaring and growling mechanical lion as it tried to burn the now terrified griffon to the molecular level with his eyes alone, “And he wants to say something...”

The second she said that, Ri-oh suddenly got into Gilda’s face and let loose a roar so powerful and loud that it tore off all of the griffon’s feathers and fur leaving her as bare as the day she was born as she stared blankly at the lion

“He basically says,” Fluttershy translated, “Run...”

And that’s what Gilda did as she let loose a wild and terrified screech, taking off out of Ponyville so fast that her fallen feather and fur quickly followed after her.

All of Fluttershy’s friends could only stare in shock as the pegasus mare fluttered up to Ri-oh’s muzzle and petted it earning her a purr of happiness before she looked down at her friends -who had gathered at the paws of the mechanical lion- and asked one simple question.

“What do you girls think of my newest friend?”

Author's Note:

And yet another bunny that would not leave me alone; though this one is actually my own fault. I was planning on adding one or two mechas to my other two stories I'm working on -or at least trying to- and this idea came to me when I was deciding on which mechas to use.

For those not in the know, Tategame Ri-oh (Lioh) comes from the recently ended Super Sentai series; Tokumei Sentai (Special-ops Squadron) Go-Busters. In it the three main characters (later on four) all have robotic partners called Buddy Roids that connect to their individual mechas called Zords -the first time a Sentai show has called their robots Zords- to help pilot them; forming the Buster Machines. Tategami Ri-oh is different as it combines the strength and power of a Zord with the intelligence and loyalty of a Buddyroid forming the first Buddy Zord.

In the show Ri-oh had the ability to choose who it's pilot/partner would be unlike its smaller Buddyroid comrades who were programed to protect a certain person unless asked and was extremely loyal to the Red Ranger/Buster once he and his Buster Machine Ace defeated him. While Fluttershy didn't defeat him in combat; I am more then certain he would chose her as his partner thanks to her kindness, gentle nature, and her inner strength that is like a lion's when roused -hence the name of this chapter.