• Published 8th Feb 2012
  • 3,071 Views, 62 Comments

Keyblades in Equestria - Zeryurijin

  • ...
5
 62
 3,071

Change of Plans

Worlds away from Equestria, Twilight Town was beginning its annual summer preparation of its famous event. "Struggle" its sport was called drew crowds from far and wide to central sand lot. Many were eager to see who would participate this year and who would win the belt, trophy and title of Champion. As registration began at the tables, up at Central Station, a person sat leaning against the wall, her eyes casting down to the watch on her wrist, stealing a quick glance or two. Zavier sighed and brushed the strands of hair that fell from her head, obscuring her view. She was waiting for someone and they had promised to be there around two in the afternoon. It was now reading two fifteen on her watch while the clock tower above her, chimed the fifteen minute notice. The doors to the station occasionally opened as more of the towns people arrived or departed. Half wanted to see the Struggle matches take place, while the other, more elderly were content with finishing up their chores for the afternoon. Zavier smiled as she watched a mother be tugged by her son, the boy eagerly telling her how he wanted to see the Struggle matches. Part of the girl wondered what it must be like to live in a town. A town always bathed in the afternoon colors giving it a pleasant autumn feeling.

Zavier was not of the town. She was like those who arrived at the Station. A traveler so to speak. But where she traveled and who she ran into. . . people would think she was either crazy or told fantastic fantasy tales. A hand idly slipped into the pocket of her overalls and clutched a key chain there, its soft hum of warmth spread through out the fingers. She was so involved with watching the trams go by on the tracks at the far end of the lot, that it took a sharp poke to the ribs to jostle her out of the trance,

"Hey Zavier! Wakey wakey, your dreaming again!" called the voice.

Startled she turned to her right then softened at the taller person,"Your late Mych." He chuckled and raised his hands submissively,"Yeah I'm real sorry about that. Got caught up in some little side job that took longer then expected. Master Sid kinda threw a curve ball at me. Couldn't leave until the task was done." He reached behind and pulled out two popsicles,"By means of an apology. The town's local delicacy I hear. . Sea-Salt Ice Cream." Zavier took the offered treat and bit into it. Her face was one of confusion.. both pleasant and. . a little strange,"It's. .really salty!. . .but. . at the same time. . really sweet." Mych nodded with a bite himself and grinned,"Kinda like Kettle Corn.. only more salt and sugar then we're used to."

The two chuckled softly then began taking the path towards the declining walk-way that would lead them to the sand lot,"So. . .Master Sid you say. That means. . ." Zavier started to speak before Mych nodded,"Yeah. . . more of his special training." Soft green eyes cast up to Mych's face, his smaller friend giving him a look that was mixed and hard to say,"It's tough. .. really tough. But it helps Zavier. It helps me a lot." He placed a hand on his chest, where his heart was,"I know your sick to death of hearing me say this. But thank you. For not giving up on me."

A hand found his free and he felt Zavier squeeze. He said nothing, but his palm squeezed back, earning them a few looks from some of the people. Sorta that "Awwww how cute a couple." look.

Mych coughed softly then motioned with his head as they reached the bottom,"So I hear Struggle is a pretty intense sport. From what I gathered you. . hit your opponent and collect the orbs? They drop? And the winner is the person with the most orbs?" Zavier nodded,"Yeah. . its like sparring in a way. Only with Nerf bats. Course that doesn't stop some people from getting carried away." He snickered softly,"Ever think of signing up?" She looked to him then shook her head with a casual dismissive wave of her hand,"No way! Given my experience, I would dominate the whole thing from start to finish. Bit of an unfair advantage in my eyes. Though it sounds like you sound interested." Mych snorted and shook his head,"Sorry Zavier. But as you mentioned, the experience I have. . .would be way too one sided. And unfair." Faint cheers started coming from the lot as they entered, the preliminaries getting well under way,"Nope. For me its a nice change of pace to not do any fighting and take the day off."

They found a vacant bench and took a seat, both leaning against the building wall behind them, watching as two boys with blue bats swung at each other,duking it out. The blond haired boy parried a strike by his opponent, leaving him open for a mid blow. The red hair grunted as the soft thump of foam struck him, red orbs spilling from his pockets where they were stored and knocking him back. He quickly recovered and spoiled the other boy's attempt to collect them, with a overhead strike the bonked him on the head and sent his blue orbs flying.

Mych whistled softly as the boy with the red orbs not only gathered the blue orbs but kept his opponent on defense,"Wow. . your right. Sparring.. but with more gusto." Zavier nodded in silence. As the crowd roared over the winner, she leaned closer and whispered,"So. . why are we here again?" Mych nodded as his arms folded, the popsicle stick being held in one hand,"Master Sid wanted us to check the abandoned mansion. You know the one. Far end of town, beyond the wall and forest. Behind a locked fence." She looked at him puzzled,"Why would he want us to investigate that old place? I thought it was finished, that no more reports were needed." He shrugged,"I thought so too. What with the fiasco of Ansem, the Organization and what was going on in those labs. Guess the wizard just wants to make sure nothing strange is happening. And I'm not one to question Master Sid's concerns." A gentle hum brought their attention to their pockets. Their hands slipped inside and felt the hum of power emanating from the key chains they held.

"Uh oh. Sounds like something is brewing." Zavier said rising to her feet. Mych nodded and rose as well, the two slipping among the people as the second match was to begin. In the business center of Twilight town where the shops were bustling, the pair made their way down one of the tran tracks towards a wall to the east. A triangular hole was there, one that was made probably by curious workers who wanted to discover what lay beyond the the town, opened up into a clear forest. Mych and Zavier ducked in and soon were traversing among the leaf strewn path as they made their way to the mansion,"Think they are reacting to something inside?" Zavier asked pointing to the mansion. Mych just hmmed and shrugged,"Again. . don't know how Master Sid knows. . .he just. . .does."

As they approached the gate, a sudden huge wind whipped out around them. Both withdrew their keychains and with a loud clash! their Keyblades materialized within their hands,"What is going on?! Never had a wind that done this before! A wind elemental Heartless?" Zavier shouted out over the howling gusts,"I don't know. . but I do know this isn't normal for a tornado, or twister or what ever they call these!" Mych shouted back. The winds continued to tear around them before shifting forward. It smashed open the gate, ripping it from its foundation and tossed it into the front yard. As the leaves and dust cleared, a dark creature stood before them. It wore a pointy hat whose end was crooked to one side. Its colors were blues and white while yellow eyes peered over a blazing emblem: The mark of Emblem Heartless. It shivered as it floated in air, tiny legs wiggled in frenzied delight at new prey. Mych looked to Zavier and both nodded. The Heartless attacked. Small tornadoes whipped around its body as it charged the wielders, Zavier conjouring up a barrier spell to protect the worst of the blow. The Heartless bounced off the shield and its little winds barrier fizzled with a soft pop. Mych meanwhile leaped to the side, re-bounded off the wall and caught the Heartless with a downward strike. It shuddered and teetered to one side, its aim spoiled and plan falling to ruin. Zavier never gave it a chance to recover. Aiming her Keyblade she shouted,"Aero!" And gave the heartless her own version of a twister. Caught in the mini winds, the Heartless could only spin helpless as she followed with an upwards slash, Mych who had landed after his down ward strike brought a backhand blow.

The Heartless crumpled beneath the next two, then fell to the ground. Mych and Zavier watched as it faded from sight,its body melting away into mists of glimmer and sharded lights. A heart emerged and softly rose to the sky, free to return to its owner or. . to join Kingdom Hearts.

"Well. . .that was easy." Mych's blade faded as he dusted off his hands, then jerked a thumb into the direction of the mansion,"Shall we?" Zavier blinked,"Wait. .. you serious? I thought this was what Master Sid was worried about. Voila! Heartless squashed, threat averted, problem solved." He groaned and covered his face with a palm while shaking his head,"You've. . hung around me too long. . definately not a good sign." Zavier chuckled and gave a thumbs up,"Gotcha. . .beat you to the punch this time, just to listen to yourself sound like me for once."

"Ohh haa haa.. very funny, Zavier."

She was about to rub it in, when a bright light suddenly fell upon the two,"Gaaah!!!" Mych cried out, covering his eyes with an arm,"What the hell?!" Zavier could not see either, the blinding glow was too strong for either to find out what was going on. Then they felt their bodies starting to float as the two started to climb,"W. .what?! Wait. . .the mansion! The job! The second helpings of Sea Salt Ice Cream!" Zavier cried out as the two began the climb even faster.

"Looks like we are getting an unexpected change in plans, Zavier. And it looks like we're not gonna be using a gummi ship this time!" Mych called out.

"Not faaaaaaaaaaaaaaair!" Zavier voice cried back as the two slipped higher in the clouds, the light keeping a tight hold on the pair and soon they vanished with a soft twinkle in the sky light a star's light. Destiny had summoned them and as wielders of the Keyblade, Mych and Zavier had no choice but to respond to this call. . .wiether they liked it or not.