The Writers' Group 9,316 members · 56,705 stories
Comments ( 21 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 21
SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Well, the next episode's coming up tomorrow, and it looks like this is gonna be the singing episode with Lena Hall!

It's the Mane Attraction, and her character seems to be called Countess Coloratura, sillily enough. Yay for more songs in new episodes, and things about singing.

[youtube=MgOPT57Lwbg]

Not sure how much I'll post here about the episode tomorrow, since I think Prane's getting ready to kidnap me an' make me write 'bout it. He does things like that sometimes.

This is the official discussion thread for the episode, anyways, tho'.

--Sweetie Belle

Comment posted by Falx_of_Lume deleted Nov 21st, 2015

Is it true? It can't be. The second (technically third) last episode of this season is almost here? Wow, that went by rather quickly. My disbelief aside, I hope everyone is enjoying this season as much as I am!

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Just thought I'd mention that somepony jumped the gun, so it's actually buyable off the official youtube channel right now, which, of course, means copies are starting to float around. So you can watch it now if you look around a bit...

--Sweetie Belle

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

--Sweetie Belle

iTunes: “I leaked one already. You do it.”
Amazon: “But I did it last week. It's YouTube's turn.”

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

That's what it feels like! Or maybe it was just such a good episode they wanted to share it early?

--Sweetie Belle

Okay, I'm only thirty seconds in, but where would we be without the Princess of Exposition? I'm certain now that I'll laugh whenever she unloads exposition on us.

(Thank goodness I find it hilarious, 'cause if I didn't I'd find it proper frustrating.)

It didn't help that that first line was delivered woodenly. I expect better from Tara!

The episode didn't blow me away, but it was pretty good.

Important developments for writers:
-AJ went to someplace called Camp Friendship when she was a filly.
-One Unicorn uses a spell to live vocal-tune RaRa's voice. This is one of the few times we've seen a normal Unicorn use a spell more complex than levitation or lighting.
-It appears that sometimes a Cutie Mark will shine if a pony thoroughly immerses themself in the love of their talent. Assuming this isn't a one-off event, it's probably most common for artists, given the nature of their work.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Not to mention I sung on stage in front of a crowd! (Okay, technically not the first time, but...)

--Sweetie Belle

4867330 I honestly give the episode less points because they did not have you and RaRa sing a duet. I know you sang with your friends and all, but I miss the days when you sang gospel instead of going to bed.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Just for anypony wondering where "Countess Coloratura" came from...

--Sweetie Belle

Epsilon-Delta
Group Admin

Techno is now cannon. Or at least I think that was the first techno song we heard.

But shouldn't all of her fans have been techno fans? I mean, that song was nice, but you go to a show for techno but get that...

Also Rara is Rarity's nick name!:raritydespair:

Oh, I am going to be stuck listening to remixes of "Just a Pony", "Specticale", and "Equestria my home" for the next few months arent I?

God I love this fandom :)

Anyway, I love this episode, but not for the reason you might think. I love this mainly because what it has done for Applejack. IT gave her a story and a plot away from her clan, her stubborness, and her farm. IT helped further cement who she is as the element of honesty. She helps ponies remain true to who they are, not the viel that they have. Theheartwarming moments and everything else just compoounded the love.

I love the damn episode. Fills me up with Feelz.

"Equestria, the Land I love"—Is it possible for this to be Equestria's National Song?

4866813 A very nice farewell from Amy Keating Rogers, and they finally referenced the tie in chapter books. Kind of funny it was Amy who did so, I would've expected G. M. Berrow to do that since she's the one who wrote them. If it weren't for the fact that I'm pretty sure people have met Amy and Berrow and know they're seperate, I would've believed Berrow was a pen name for Amy. Who knows, maybe the two of them are good friends or something?

For those that don't know, the manager's name is a reference to a really old character from literature:

4866813 This is one of the best Applejack episodes ever :pinkiehappy: That Countess Rara reminds me of Lady Gaga and Katy Perry

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 21