The Writers' Group 9,298 members · 56,449 stories
Comments ( 200 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 200

The sun shone bright over TWG Corp. It was a picturesque day, the sort that writers such as those who headed the corporation might have waxed poetic over.

Or at least, they would if they were not indoors, away from nature’s beauty. TWG Corp.’s veteran (and genderless) leader, Luminary, shuffled the papers on Luminary’s desk. “Fellow admins, there has been a sudden rise in threads which break our forum rules. Clearly, there is but one solution to this problem.”

“Lock the threads?” suggested ThatOneWriter.

“Ban the peeps?” said Bro, resting his banhammer on his shoulder.

Deluxe Magnum looked up from the story he was writing on the back of a memo. “Clop the clop?” he said, holding up the story.

Luminary shook Luminary’s head. “No, no, and maybe later. What this problem calls for is an introduction thread.”

Soaring tilted his head. “Introduction thread?”

Luminary nodded. “Yes. We’ve had a lot of new members join, and it’s high time we gave them a place to start out at. We could show them our forum rules, introduce ourselves, and generally give them an idea of how our group works.”

Tunalock nodded. “Sounds reasonable.” A general murmur of agreement could be heard from the other staff members.

“All right!” Luminary stood up. “Meeting dismissed. We’ll meet in the intro thread then.”

You can thank ThatOneWriter for this little intro here, which he also wrote at 4 in the morning while souped up on energy drinks.

Isn't life just grand sometimes?:derpytongue2:

Anyway, this is long overdue, but we've decided to add an introduction thread so we can all get to know each other a little better, so why don't I go ahead and get this thing started?:twilightblush:

Well, I'm DLAMNB (but everyone just calls me Bro), and I'm one of the admins for this group. I also do pre-reading, editing and reviewing sometimes, though not quite as much as I used to. I enjoy reading (duh) and online gaming occasionally, and as for the fics I like to read: I'm a sucker for romance stories, but I'll read any genre, really.

So what about you guys? Tell us about yourselves. Come on, don't be shy!:twilightsmile:

Comment posted by JLB deleted Jan 3rd, 2016

Current name: [Mach_One]

Online during after noons and weekends, I'm usually willing to help when not working on my own stuff.

About me? Check my user page for that.

Uh, I guess I'll give it a go...
I'm Cherry Frosting, and I'm a contributor for this fine group that we call the TWG. I do a lot of editing, which is something I really enjoy, and post stories every once in a while. I am an avid reader, and will read almost anything I can get my hands on. I do a lot of gaming, but very rarely online. The fanfictions I'm rather fond of would be either short, cute romance(Which I read occasionally), or long stories with a well thought out plot. I tend to avoid scary and dark stories though, if only for the fact that I do actually enjoy sleeping.

I'm Noble Thought. I write a lot that hasn't been published yet, I've written a few things that people seem to enjoy. I also review. I suppose I try to be sociable. I'm learning still about writing, and sometimes blog about my journey to becoming a better writer. So... there I am.

I don't read a whole lot other than what I review as a contributor for Twilight's Library, but do occasionally read more.

Hi. Smaug the golden, a lurker who hangs round here. I don't get my writing done often, but I like to hang out here and chat about writing. I like talking with other authors, and I hope to get to know the rest of you. Cheers!

Oh sure, why not! I'm Littlecolt, though I previously went by Garylisk here and there. Littlecolt is just a ponified mashing of my actual last name.

I'm a writer and also sometimes an artist. I used to do video editing, too, though not as much anymore. I'm an admin on a website called BerryTube, which is website where bronies get together and drink way too much while watching episodes of My Little Pony - we have drink calls for every episode and have a lot of fun with it.

Currently addicted to World of Warcraft again, though my favorite passtimes are reading and writing. My main fanfic, The Conquering of Love, is up to over 230,000 words and is featured on Equestria Daily, which I am quite proud of. All my other stories are so-so. :rainbowlaugh:

I work 40 hours a week as a manager at Verizon Fraud Control. I play the Pony CCG competitively and was in the top 8 at Everfree Northwest this past year. I am fairly shy, though I enjoy going along with a crowd of people at a party, as long as I don't have to be the center of attention.

So yeah, my favorite genre is fantasy-adventure, though romance is a close second. I am a recent soon-to-be loser of NaNoWriMo, having only gotten just over 30,000 words done this month on the fanfic project I had set aside for the event... and now I'll just be going back to The Conquering of Love, so who knows if that romance fic will see the light of day.

I really like the more adult side of the fandom. You know, the people who are older and more sensible, with more experience under their belts, and more clop saved on their hard drives than they'll admit to. My kind of folks, I tell ya. Non-judgmental, which is just how I am. I just wanna be friends with everyone.

So hi! :pinkiehappy:

Deadder
Group Contributor

Deluxe Magnum

y u do dis

I'm Manaphy, and I'm an amateur writer that likes to spend time on here reading, writing, or communicating with other people. I've written a number of stories, and while my earliest stories aren't that good, I have been improving thanks to the advice this community has given me. I prefer to write for fun, but whenever someone lets me know that he or she liked my story, it still makes me feel happy knowing that someone out there liked my work.

Anyway, I've learned a lot during my time here, and I'm glad to be a part of such a great community. :twilightsmile:

I'm John The Dragon, I'm twenty-one years young, I'm a nigga, and, uh, I like Spike. :moustache:

Might as well..

I'm StalkerPony, Swedish, have been writing pretty much all of my life. Mostly horror and fantasy, and now I spend my time writing terrible fanfiction. I may not comment a lot in the groups, but I do lurk around a lot, and I'm always watching.

Mmmm...donuts...

Uh. I'm Dash. The Equinoid Typhoon. The $$60,000,000,000 pony. The Stampede.

(Apparently) an outlaw, I write Comedy/Random the most, and rather enjoy crackfics/stupid humor. I don't bite, but I'm a mean shot. I also edit in my free time.

If you're hunting me, leave a message after the -

*runs away*

BEEEEEEEEP!

Love and Peace!

I'm The Grey Pegasus. I'm a long-time member of the site and this group (surely a few around here still remember me...), and I've been writing on and off. I'm grappling my way back into writing and the site in general after what is essentially a three month long hiatus.

And this totaly sounds like a therapy group response.

Hello, my name is SevenOfEleven. You might know me from, wait, no you won't know me.

OK, I try to help out with proofreading and hopefully useful comments.

I started my Writer's Journey two years ago.
Some time in the future, I wish to be the pony that everyone wants to know.

*gets smacked by Rarity's hoof*
Well, maybe not.

I am the Amateur! I write stories regarding the malleability of perspectives, and thus, reality through the influence of subjectivity. My exploration of subjectivity takes me to the boundaries of this medium, whereupon the fundamental element of fiction is not what is absolutely real, but rather what we perceive to be real and what we choose to learn from it.

I also have a fond liking for northern cardinals.

I am an admin of this fine group.

Oh...

I soar too... in style. :raritywink:

Ooh! An intro thread!

I'm ArtichokeLust, but you can call me Arty if you want.

As a research engineer, my entire life revolves around solving and applying puzzles, yet I still can't get enough of them. Since the most complex things I know of are humans and technology, I tend to enjoy writing/reading about politics and sci-fi.

I'm also a prereader (not an editor), and I love to learn things from Grammar Girl, Extra Credits, and giving/receiving help/advice. I'll also try to ask open ended questions on here as often as possible.

I dare any of you to try and make a puzzle I can't solve. :rainbowdetermined2:

Meeester

I read all of the threads that have site questions and wait until too many people give the wrong answer before I give the correct one.

And then they get locked because the rules here are silly.

Hi, I'm Keam or Daffodil or Daffodil Spark, what ever suits you.
I'm a writer, prereader and amateur pony artist.

ThatWeatherstormChap
Group Contributor

I'm ThatWeatherstormChap, I'm a lemon, and The Writer's Group's very first and most active Backrub Admin, a title which means literally nothing other than I get to hand out free backrubs on occasion. Backrubs are a difficult feat for a citrus fruit with no arms, but hey, I get by.

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

I'm Sweetie Belle!

I think most everypony here knows who I am...

I run:
The Sweetie Belle group
The Legion of Light and Fluffiness
Hug Silver Spoon and Diamond Tiara!
FiW: Friendship is Witchcraft
Shutterguy's Crew
Sweetie Belle: Achievement of Magic
The First International Church of Sweetie Belle
Button's Brother

(Some of those are kinda small and/or deadish.)

I also have admin rights in these groups:
Twilight's Library
Twilight Sparkle
Scootaloo
Button's Mom
Cutie Mark Crusaders
Celestia's Library
Cadence's Library
Apple Bloom
Luna's Library
Sweetiebot
House of D'aww
Twist
Twily's Library
Sweetie Belle's Library
Sweetie Belle is the best pony
The Babs Seed Fan Club

Whew! That seemed like a lot better of an idea before I made the list...

I'm not an admin here, but I sometimes mention what the rules are when they're being broken.

Also, I like hugs and waffles! I also wouldn't turn down a backrub from a lemon.

--Sweetie Belle

3848995 Waffles and hugs are always nice.:scootangel:

3848868 Welp, you heard her: give the filly a backrub!:rainbowkiss:

SweetAI Belle
Group Admin

Exactly! Of course, I'm usually the one giving the hugs. I'm always glad for some waffles, tho', and I can get pretty cross if anypony steals mine, especially Flash Sentry.

I did actually make Lemony the official group provider of backrubs and lemony goodness for the Legion of Light and Fluffiness. Don't think she's around right now, though.

--Sweetie Belle

ThatWeatherstormChap
Group Contributor

Ah yeah, now's my chance to shine, baby! You want one too, while I'm at it?

I'm around now, Sweets! You want a backrub and a hug?

Ah lo.

My name is Garage Door Opener. I'm just a basement dwelling psycho that has a diet of sewer rats and Twinkies. I really do like Twinkies. Keeps me going everyday.

I read and write, I guess. I like writing words down (really, it's just typing, so how exactly is it writing). Writing words down is my favourite past time.

I like to think that everybody is insane in their own little way. Their just better at hiding it.

Good day!

*clears throat and stands up* My name is Starlight Shadow, and I am addicted to fluffy romance. I am a contrib in this group despite doing nothing useful. I am a huge fan of anime, Pokemon in particular, and I'm not very good at finishing what I start. Hm...I guess that's it.

Do ya just sort of roll around on there, or what?

ThatWeatherstormChap
Group Contributor

You couldn't handle the truth, my good man.

Well, to be fair, I couldn't handle all those limes. Never tried with lemons.

ThatWeatherstormChap
Group Contributor

I'm afraid my methods and techniques are under lock and key, ancient lemon tradition, ya'know? But know this: I'm the very best in my field, with a BhD in Backrubbing and Massaging from Crazytown Citrus College. The Writer's Group doesn't just hire any old hack to manage the day to day runnings of backrubs within the group. They hire the best. Moi.

I'm TOW, one of your group overlords admins. I wrote the blurb in the OP. (I'm sorry, it was 4am and everything seems funny at 4am. D:) It's possible that you've read one of my stories or seen me comment here, but it seems more likely that you know me as an admin of either this group or Twilight's Library. Such is life as admin of two of the largest groups on the site.

Lumie is best group admin.

I was just trying to give the thread a fun and entertaining start. :fluttershysad:

Hello I'm LoneUnicornWriter, but you could call me Lone if want. I'm a novice writer, reviewer, and reader. Glad to be apart of this grand of a community. So... I guess that's it.

I'm a moon with internet access who mostly writes longfics.

I'm Nyerguds. As you may have noticed, I do not follow the general trend of a pony avatar, and there's a reason for that: Nyerguds is the green LEGO alien, and the green LEGO alien is Nyerguds, and I steal use his name everywhere online :twilightsmile:

I'm male, will be 31 years old in a few weeks, and I read, write and preread stories at a leisurely pace in the lost hours spent commuting by train to work. My interests include science fiction, the Command & Conquer games, programming, hacking as in assembler programming (a skill I both learned and used to patch the very first C&C game), and, um, ponies, I guess?

On the subject of pony fan fiction interests, I generally lean towards Fallout: Equestria spinoffs and changeling-related stories, and I wrote some of these, too. My most known fic is probably "Flitter".

I'm also a notorious grammar and spelling perfectionist who usually ends up editing anything he posts about half a dozen times. :facehoof:

Oh. And despite my fluency in the English language, and my apparent ability to correct many a native speaker of it, I am in fact Belgian :ajsmug:

DH7

Great idea. This is actually an insanely active forum by my standards, though I have a tendency of think about the whole community as one big message board. Any way of getting to know people faster is good in my book. I've been running around here for some months now, but I might as well chime in.

I'm a thirty-year-old stockperson. I spend most of my time arguing with people on the Internet and drinking myself into a stupor, no necessarily in that order.

I've been writing off and on for years, but it's only been within the last few that I stopped turning up my nose at fanfiction. Everything I have currently posted anywhere is absolute crap. I'm currently trying to revise my one-shot so that it doesn't make me cringe, but I've got a few multi-chapter fics that I've been working on for a couple years now.

I can be a bit of an asshole at times, but I'm not particularly fond of that aspect of my personality, and I can be guilted into being a bit nicer when I get like that.

As you may have noticed, I do not follow the general trend of a pony avatar, and there's a reason for that: Nyerguds is the green LEGO alien, and the green LEGO alien is Nyerguds, and I steal use his name everywhere online

I refrain from using a pony avatar simply for the fact that I think a Twilight Sparkle avatar on a My Little Pony site would be super-redundant.

In other news, you're one of the few authors running around the forums that I actually recognize from my romance binge-reading. I read Flitter a while back. There aren't many stories that deal with an established couple, and the take on changelings is unique.

3847848 Greetings one and all. I go by Zodiacspear and am a writer, a reader, and part time reviewer. Apparently some amongst the TL group think I'm also a lumberjack, but what would they know? Currently, I am an admin for Luna's Fanfiction Library, and a contributor for Rage Reviews. Also, I am one of the biggest supporter of original characters. I try to find fictions with good original characters and try to promote them via blogs or features on my user page.

Well, I'm off to cut some trees down write some more.

Cheers!

Hey guys. My name is High Rise obviously, and I've been here for nearly three years. I have started writing seven different stories, but only one so far remains on my page. I've struggled for a long time to finish something, but I promise you...one day I'll get the ball rolling! I just have an active life that often distracts me. I don't write pony fiction nearly as much as I want to.

ThatWeatherstormChap
Group Contributor

He's a dragon, too, if the rumours are to be believed.

I'm Zyr (Rhymes with Sir), and I'm a big fan of Fluttershy, Fleur de Lis, Rainbow Dash, and femslash shipping (shipping two females, though I normally just call it slash) with occasional forays into straight shipping, so of course my writing combines them a lot (though of all the possible combinations of those three characters, I have yet to do one: Rainbow Dash x Fleur de Lis).

I also insist on spelling it Fleur de Lis instead of Fleur Dis Lee simply because the latter annoys me.

Uh... hi everyone, I'm MrAskAPirate, uh, and... and I'm a ponyholic, :twilightblush: (FYI she's not blushing; she's drunk on Friendship)

I read far more than I write (don't grow up kids; it isn't worth the loss of free time, :raritydespair:), and the only stuff I typically don't read are grimdark, gorefics, or generally depressing tragedies (seriously if you want that stuff why don't you just watch the news? :unsuresweetie:). Everything else is pretty much fair game, :rainbowdetermined2:

I come here to relax and have fun, and if I had one piece of advice to give to other users (both new ones and some of the old ones) it would be not to take everything so seriously; not even yourself. Oh, and not me, either, :raritywink:

... Wait, that doesn't... that's kind of contradictory, :rainbowhuh:

Whatever, I'm sure you'll all figure it out, :moustache:

I'm Phenoix12!! And I attempt to write things sometimes!

I enjoy gaming, anime, ponies, reading, writing, computer programming, and a bunch of other things!

Currently I'm trying to figure out how to up my readership without outright shouting at ponies on the side of the internet streets like some sort of crazy person.

3847848 Hi, there. I'm RK_Striker_JK_5, which you can see right next to this blurb. ;)

I write crossovers, AUs, human-in-Equestria and the like. I also enjoy Star Trek, Star Wars pre-NJO, the old sitcoms Cheers and MASH, transformers and a bunch of other stuff.

So... hi!

I'm Siegfried. You haven't heard of me? Well I'm not surprised since I've never written a Ponyfic, or any fic for that matter. Instead I've seemingly chosen to just read fanfics, occasionally leaving a comment or two. As for reviewing, well I hate to say it but I'm simply too nice to be considered a constructive critic despite my best efforts, which are much too gentle to point the author in the right direction.

But regardless of my short comings I still make the effort to at least read one short fic a week, which I admit is rather embarrassing considering how there's people who will read a full blown Epicfic in a day. As for the fics I enjoy? Well I do like Adventure stories, occasionally I veer into non-FOE Post-Apocalyptic territory, and do hold a soft spot for god-awful Cupcakes sequels. Seriously they're like bad 80's slasher movies done by a studio milking a franchise for as much money as they can.

Non-Pony related? I enjoy Gaming, Star Wars, Star Trek, Warhammer Fantasy, MST3K, old Folktales, Robert E. Howard's mythos, among other stranger things. When it comes to Pets, I'm a proud Husky owner and a fan of mixed breeds.

I am TheTrueDragoon. Budding writer, part-time reviewer, and avid Star Wars fan. The stories I write are more geared towards sadness and tragedy with a bit of action on occasion. I joined the site to try my hand at fan fiction and stayed to build my skills as a writer. I would like to write professionally, preferring to write a few Star Wars novels and a few original Science Fiction novels.

In the realm of ponies, I love Princess Luna (best waifu). For Star Wars, I love the Clone Wars, Star Wars history, and of course, the Mandalorians. Beyond ponies and Star Wars, I enjoy playing video games, mainly Playstation and DS/3DS, as well as watching a bit of the more popular animes and reading the mangas.

Hi, I am Pankrazius.

New here, overenthusiastic at the moment (commenting everywhere, hoping not annoying everypony around).

To this point I've published my first story. But I think I tend towards mysterie / horror. Sad or funny depends on my mood and the current idea trying to escape my head.

While my english is not good enough to do any editing / proofreading, I could give some tips for storytelling and plotarcs.

Ponyrelated I like anti-heroes. Characters like Trixie, Derpy or Diamond Tiara or the CMC. This Doesn't mean i dislike the good ones. Its just, abilities make an character effective, quirks and flaws interesting.
Outside the ponyverse I am a fan of mystery and wierd tales, retro scifi - Dr Who, Lovecraft, Stanislav Lem, Lukanjenkow and so on. I don't play much PC or console games, but P&P RPGs and LARP.

Hey there, I'm Roranicus.

I'm currently working on my first serious fic, although I've done some writing that I haven't published in the past, mostly character backstories for tabletop games. I've written in both french an english, although I do have a preference for english when it comes to fiction.

I'd say my style is long, epic adventure stories with mystery and some dark themes involved. My roots are in tabletop GMing, so I'm definitely influenced by this type of storytelling. I do have to say I enjoy how liberating writing fanfiction is in comparison; no need to keep the heroes together or plan for weird player decisions.

My favorite pony changes a lot, but right now I'd have to say it's Rarity. I find her to be the most well rounded characters, showing both great strenghts and having to overcome her own failings.

So, never formally introduced myself here. I'm TwilightUCrazy, AKA: TUC, and I'm a bit unhinged, if you ask anyone who knows me.

I like AppleDash, ponies, and good stories.

I hate politicians, ignorance, and lazy writers. (Seriously, how many people have never heard of an editor on this site...?)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 200