Welcome to the grand repository for all things sweet, cute and heartwarming! Ponies and other creatures young and old, being ridiculous, giving sweet kisses or just standing there looking adorable -- if it hits you right in the feels in a good way, it's got a home here!
The foremost purpose of this group is to collect cute, touching images in the Forums, but of course we're also looking for warm fuzzies and sweet tears in the Story folders as well.
> All FiMFic rules apply here as well, durr.
> Don't be a big dumb meanie.
> Threads must be relevant in some way both to MLP and to the general topic of adorableness. Before starting a new thread, consider whether any existing ones might be an appropriate place for whatever you're looking to post. Don't make a thread just to promote your story, no matter how cute it is.
Story Folders and their Favorite Foods
Hall of Honors
• The Top Shelf: A curated collection, into which I and the admins will put only those stories we judge worthy of Blue Adorableness Ribbons. If you have, or know of, a story you think is worthy of the accolade, just put it in the submissions folder (if it isn't in the group already) and make a nomination in the Forum thread set aside for that purpose.
• Contest Winners: A special gallery for the winners of contests, some of which we shall eventually have.
Search Tag Wing
• Bittersweet (Sad, Tragedy): Stories you might need a hanky or two for.
• Hijinks (Adventure): Stories with lots of action and excitement! Naturally, we're looking more for 'adventures' of the type where the stakes are getting covered in tree-sap, or worse, getting detention, rather than stories where someone has to trek across the Blighted Wastes to destroy the One Ring or some such.
• Mushy (Romance): Stories of 'awww look at the ponies kissing'!
• Naughty (Mature/Sex): Not many stories successfully combine 'cute' with outright explicit bedroom shenanigans, but it can be done.
• Silly (Comedy, Random): Stories aimed straight for the funnybone! Anything where the 'rule of funny' outweighs other elements of genre and tone.
> Crossover, Alternate Universe, Human, Anthro: These tags don't really say anything about the content of the story, so they should have at least one other tag. If you're going to add a story with one of these tags, make your own call as to which of the tonal categories above it belongs to -- a sad story about humans still belongs in the Bittersweet folder, even if the author didn't give it the Sad tag.
> Dark, Gore: Stories which have these tags and no others, yet still qualify for our basic theme of cute and heartwarming, are at best hard to imagine.
Slice of Life Wing
This tag encompasses a broad range of stories appropriate to our library, calling for a finer division than the site's search tags.
• Quiet: Stories of serenity, solitude and soft reflections; character studies and tone-poems.
• Friendship: Stories focused on non-romantic but intimate connections between ponies.
• Family Outings: Stories about ponies and their parents, siblings or other relatives. Not technically just the 'Rarity and Sweetie Belle' folder, however it may seem in practice.
• A Younger Pony: Stories of the 'juvenile' to 'young adult' persuasion -- that is, dealing with fillies and colts of school age, or the challenges of growing up. SEX STORIES DO NOT GO HERE.
Character Galleries Wing
Some characters are just so darn cute they get their own folders. If you wish to nominate a character for this distinction, visit the Forum thread specific to that purpose.
• The Butter Pegasus: We may have our own favorites, we may admire other ponies more, but let's not fool ourselves. We all know who's the cutest of the Mane Six.
• Cutie Mark Crusaders Go!: And then there are these three, whom we shall put in their own folder for the protection of everypony else's sanity.
• Thomething Thweet: As though an entire group in her name wasn't enough, now Twist has established a beachhead here as well.
Looking for cute fillies in particular? Love them Crusaders? Head on over to Cuteness Overload for all the d'awwable fillies you can handle!
Who doesn't love an unexpected yet cleverly hinted development near the climax of a story Ponyville's red-headed, big-glasses-bearing maker of fine peppermints? Get over there and give the most neglected filly some love!
And while we're at it, how about some snuggles for one of the least neglected, but certainly among the cutest of ponies? Let's hear it for Ponyville's resident animal caretaker and everypony's waifu, Fluttershy! If... if that's all right with you...