Shipping 💖 9,764 members · 11,726 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

So, there's this thing that seems to be spreading through the various shipping groups. These "Prompt Tags" are forum threads where people write a short, 500-word or so story based on a one-word prompt, and then leave a new one-word prompt for the next writer.

I think it's a wonderful idea. It's building community within the different shipping groups that are doing it, it gives people a nice, low-risk outlet to get them writing, and it's actually producing some very nice stories.

Here is a list of the active threads as far as I know, in no particular order. If you know of others, please tell folks about it in the comments!

RariJack
FlutterDash
Flarity
AppleDash
Twinkie
ApplePie :heart:
TwiLuna
PinkieDash
TwiDash
RariDash
Appleshy

I heartily recommend you check them out!

1692750 Added to the list. :twilightsmile:

I did say it was just the ones I knew about. I imagine there's more, and other groups may start their own as they see this.

You might want to add that many (all?) of them are also collected in fics on the site, for people who aren't into the whole "participation" thing and just want to read them. I know that DbzOrDie is in charge of AppleDash and Jake R is in charge of FlutterDash, but I don't know where the rest of them are off the top of my head.

The Pinkiedash group started one, too: null

1696522 Added. Thank you.

1693049 That is a point, but... oof. I don't want to track all those compilation stories down, too. :pinkiesick:

Compilation stories I know of:

AppleDash
FlutterDash
RariJack
Flarity
Twinkie
TwiLuna

As far as I know, the others have not started a compilation story yet.

Also: TwiDash has a long standing thread, but no story.

1713299 Thank you very much, Jondor.

I just started this one over in the Appleshy group, and there's also this one going on in Raridash.

Also: RariDash has been posted as a story as well: Link

I have made a group devoted to these prompt tag games. :pinkiehappy:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12