AppleDash 3,010 members · 1,061 stories
Comments ( 1318 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1,318
bookplayer
Group Admin

What is AppleDash Prompt Tag? It's a game, and here's how you play it:

I'll start off by posting a 100-500 word mini-fic about AJ and Dash. At the end will be a one word prompt. If you would like to write a 100-500 word AppleDash mini-fic relating to that prompt within the next four hours, comment right away to claim that prompt. Post the story when you finish, and add a one word prompt at the end for the next people to claim.

Simple enough?

Just to make sure everything is clear:
* The mini-fic can be in any style, any tag, AU, humanized, whatever. It can be a cute scene, a snippet of conversation, or an excerpt from an Equestrian history book. It's not expected to be preread or proofread, and if you've never written before that's just fine. Just try to keep it rated teen or lower and make sure it's 100-500 words of fiction about AJ and Dash and it relates somehow to the prompt you claimed.
* Claim prompts with a quick post responding to the last post. Just the word "claimed" is fine. When you finish, make a post with the mini-fic and the next prompt.
* Your claim is valid for four hours, to keep someone from accidentally holding things up all day. After four hours, another person could post a claim for the same prompt. If you ran out of time, and no one else has claimed it, and you still want to write it, just go ahead and reclaim it.
* In the event that people become confused, and two fics are posted for the same prompt, the first one posted contains the official next prompt.
* Please include a one word prompt at the end of your fic. There are lots of words, and they can mean lots of things, and it's up to the next writer what they want to do with it.

bookplayer
Group Admin

Rainbow Dash had determined that there was only one way she would ever get to sleep with a blanket again.

While Applejack was a fine, upstanding citizen of Equestria in every other way, in her sleep she was a low down, dirty, blanket thief. Dash tried everything she could think of. She tucked the blanket under her, she tucked it under the mattress, and she still woke up cold and blanketless the next morning. She had even gone so far as to buy a second blanket, only to find that the blanket score ended up being AJ: 2, RD: cold.

Finally, she gave in. Dash didn't like admitting defeat, but she didn't like waking up cold either. So now, every night, she snuggled as close to AJ as she could, keeping her forelegs wrapped tightly around the earth pony, their rear legs intertwined. Sometimes she even ended up sleeping on top of AJ. It was, after all, impossible for AJ to steal the blanket if they were occupying the same physical space. And when it came down to it, snuggling AJ like a teddy bear all night wasn't a bad solution. At least Dash got her share of the blanket.

Applejack wasn't all that surprised that Dash never caught on.

Next prompt: Light

Tchernobog
Group Admin
bookplayer
Group Admin

483017>>483018
Just to clarify this time:
The next prompt will be set by Tchernobog. If ThatPinkPony wants to post a story for the prompt "Light," they can do so without a "next prompt."

Hope that's okay! :ajsmug:

DAMMIT I ALREADY FINISHED! :flutterrage:
ah well, I'll still post mine, BUT I CALL THE NEXT ONE!

Celestia’s sun shone through the window of AJ’s bedroom, beaming down upon a cyan Pegasus and an orange Earth Pony with their legs intertwined and their heads together. In the warm summer morning, the blanket lay long forgotten on the floor beside the bed.
Neither of them noticed the Pink ball of crazy looking in through the window.

“Awwwwww… how cute! Looks like AJ’s plan worked.”

Rainbow Dash awoke with a start, “PINKIE PIE?!”

“How in the hay did you get up to the second floor?” asked a very bewildered Applejack.

“Oh that’s unimportant,” said Pinkie, “what really matters is—”

“—that you were spying on us!” Interrupted Dash.

“Spying, I wasn’t spying!”

“Kinda seems like you were, Sugarcube.”

There was a short pause, and then,

“… I’m not even here…” and Pinkie slowly sank beneath the window frame.

Dash ran to the window and looked down, to find nothing there. No pony, no tracks, not even a ladder to explain how she was in their bedroom window in the first place…

“How in the hay did she…”

“I have no Idea, Dashie, but we just can’t dwell on how

Pinkie functions or we’ll drive ourselves crazier than an orange pie.”

“Umm…”

“Well, you try makin’ one! It’d be all soggy and mushy, not to mention the level of acid, I mean citrus just wasn’t meant t—”

Dash cut her off by gently putting a hoof over her mouth. “You are so weird AJ”

“Yeah, but you know that’s why you love me.”

“Unfortunately, that’s true.”

“Eeyup. Love you too Dashie.”

Pinkie Pie may have been annoying, but with AJ by her side, Dash always had a shining light…

Lycan_01
Group Contributor

Oh my gosh this idea is so much awesome. :yay:

I'll wait and see what prompt Tcherno tosses up, though I may do a "Light" ficlet just for the heck of it. :rainbowdetermined2:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

"I never really realised..."

"Hm?" The blue pegasus opened an eye, glancing at Applejack as the farmer broke the silence.

"You're really a lightweight, y'know?"

"Hey!" Both of Rainbow's eyes flew open as she lifted her head off her hooves, where she'd been napping. "Whaddya mean, lightweight?! I can down just as much drink as you!"

Applejack snorted as she kept moving. "First off, honey, I can drink you under the table any day. Th'stuff goes right up to your pegasus head." She grinned as Rainbow glowered. "And that ain't what I was talking about. I'm sayin' you don't weigh nothin' at all."

Rainbow eyed Applejack, attempting to figure out if she'd been insulted or not. "A pegasus is pretty light, yeah. What brought this on?"

The earth pony stopped walking, and turned her head to face Rainbow. "Sugarcube, you're napping on my back, and I can hardly feel a thing."

"I can't help it that you're so comfy!" The pegasus replied, snuggling into Applejack's back. She nuzzled the farmer's neck, peppering it with kisses.

Applejack rolled her eyes, but was unable to surpress a slight shiver. Rainbow was often impossible to deal with.

But she knew she wouldn't trade the pegasus for any other pony in the world.

Lycan_01
Group Contributor

483026>>483022 Ah, but Pink Pony already answered the Prompt, then! Looks like it's up to them to decide what the next prompt is! :pinkiegasp:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

483020>>483021>>483035
Yeah, they finished early. I release my claim on it!

Yes but I have no trouble admitting that yours was better...:derpyderp2: what was I expecting from the author of those blue wings? ... Seriously write a prompt word I'll take that one :pinkiehappy:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

483097>>483035>>483020
Okay :pinkiehappy:

The prompt word is: Fuzzy! :rainbowkiss:

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

Claim'd!

Brilliant idea you've got here! This should be fun! :D

Edit: Or not. That'll teach me to not read the entire topic before replying. No matter; idea is saved in case it's applicable in the future!

Tchernobog
Group Admin

:rainbowhuh:
what, not enough time before it's released?

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

Maybe I'm still misreading things.
Re-claimed!

It's 10am, which is still too early, and I'm focused on voting right now. Which I'm going to go do. :derpytongue2:

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

Fuzzy:

A crash sounded out over Sweet Apple Acres—an increasingly common occurrence, and one that Applejack knew all too well by now. Heaving a sigh, she stopped bucking her trees and trotted over to the side of her barn to find her pegasus sitting on the ground, rubbing her head. “Dash, when’ll ya learn that the side of the barn isn’t a cloud?”

Rainbow Dash cradled her head in her hooves and waited for the pain to subside. “Well... I—Applejack?”

Applejack picked Rainbow up off the ground and helped her steady herself. “Yeah?”

“I... I can’t see very well,” whispered Rainbow.

“Ya can’t... see?”

At this point, Rainbow Dash leaned her full weight against Applejack and pressed her face into the earth pony’s shoulder. “I can, just... everything’s fuzzy.”

“Oh, sugarcube...”

Rainbow kicked the ground. “Why do you think I’m not a Wonderbolt yet? And why do you think I crash so much? I’m waaaaay better than that... I just can’t see.” She sniffled and hugged Applejack closer. “They don’t want ponies like me.”

After hugging Rainbow for a few minutes, Applejack broke the hug and sat against the barn, beckoning Rainbow to join her, who crawled into her hooves, receiving a kiss on her forehead. “But what about Daring Do? Ya seem to be alright readin’ those.”

“I can, but I can only see clearly for a few hooves in front of me. After that...”

Applejack massaged deep into Rainbow’s back as she gave her girlfriend comforting kisses. “Well isn’t there some kind of fancy magic that can help with that?”

“No, I already asked Twilight about it. She said I could wear glasses.” Rainbow returned a more aggressive kiss. “I am not wearing glasses.”

Applejack chuckled at this and gave Rainbow a squeeze before frowning. “So what are ya gonna do?”

“I don’t really know. I think about it a lot. The Wonderbolts don’t mean everything to me. Not anymore. I have an amazingly awesome girlfriend who makes the best apples ever.”

“Rainbow, we don’t make apples, we harvest them.”

“Yeah, yeah. Details,” said Rainbow with a wave of her hoof. “Anyway, I like being here, too. It may not be the Wonderbolts, but I still have something to work for. I have a great job with the weather team, I have all our friends... I’m happy, AJ. And I don’t think I need more than that.”

Applejack smiled and pulled Rainbow into a deep kiss, letting it linger before finally pulling away. “You really surprise me sometimes, Rainbow, ya know that?”

“I try.”

A little more than a few kisses and the better part of an hour later, the couple stood up and trotted off into town towards Sugarcube Corner—something about baking a few apple pies to share with their friends. Something that Rainbow wouldn’t trade for the world.

Ha! Bet you didn't see that coming when you said "Fuzzy". :scootangel:
And even with a small word limit I'm almost going over. Google says this is 471 words.

And the next word is: Foamy.

Tchernobog
Group Admin

I admit i was expecting something different! :derpytongue2:
edit: not claiming at the moment :pinkiesmile:

Stupid train and it's lack of wi-fi.
Btw: when you say foamy I can only think of the squirrel...

First_Down
Group Contributor

Bittersweet, but it has an uplifting ending. Keep those priorities straight and all.

Are you claiming this? 'Cause I'm about to take a late lunch break and I have an idea for the prompt if you're not claiming this.

That was a claim :)

First_Down
Group Contributor

Got it. That's why I checked. Good luck with it.

Lycan_01
Group Contributor

Sooooo, is there currently a claim on "Foamy?" :rainbowhuh:

bookplayer
Group Admin

483452>>483734
Well, ThatPinkPony had claimed it, if it's done they need to post it now.

I'd say give it another 15 minutes, and if ThatPinkPony doesn't post the story then the time is up on the claim, and the prompt is still Foamy.

MY COMPUTER IS SO SLOW!

"CONSARNIT RAINBOW!

...how in Equestria did you even manage to do this?!"

"Well, you see, I was gonna make breakfast, but..."

~~~~~~
Rainbow Dash was ocuppied with slicing up the apples when it happened. The pancakes she had been making
started to expand, and suddenly exploded, rattling the kitchen and no doubt waking Applejack.
~~~~

"And that's how we ended up with this foamy mess." Dash concluded her story.

"Alright, but how in the HAY did you manage to make pancakes turn to FAOM?!" AJ asked, totally bewildered
by the concept.

"I have, no idea..." responded Dash.

"Seriously, come on, lemme see what recipe you were using"

Dash pointed to an old, dusty and now foam covered book laying open on the counter that AJ recognised
as one of the Apple Family's old recipe books. Suppressing the urge to yell at Dash for ruining it, she instead
opted to allow her right eye a few twitches before coming to a solution. "Well, if you were using that book, I
can proudly say it weren't the recipe. So it must have been something in the ingredients"

Dash was now sitting on the floor playing with the massive swirls of white, airy foam that covered AJ's
kitchen. "is it really necessary to know EXACTLY what happened? The point is that I suck at cooking."

AJ looked up from the box she was inspecting and trotted over to Dash. "Now, now, sugarcube, it's ok,
we can't all be perfect at everything we do, even Ah struggled with cooking at first."

"Really?" Dash looked up hopefully.

"Eh, no, Actually."

"AJ!"

"Well, I can hardly help it if Ah'm perfect!" She goaded playfully.

"Ugh." Rainbow Dash looked down. AJ leaned in, placed a hoof around her marefriend's neck and
tilted her head with her other hoof so she could plant a kiss square on Dash's lips.

After a few seconds, the kiss broke. "thanks AJ" said Dash, "you always know just what to say".

AJ beamed. "I know. Besides, I found out why your pancakes, well, exploded."

"Huh? you did?!"

"Mhm" she trotted over to the counter, picked up the box she had been looking at earlier and placed it
in front of Dash. "Looks like a certain pink menace decided to swap yer bakin' soda fer something with a
little more... Oomf."

The box looked just like any ordinary box of baking soda, except that where the logo and the words
"baking soda" are on most boxes, Dash read, "Pinkie Pie's super amazing especially dazing foam making powder!"

Dash broke out laughing, rolling on the floor in the delightful foamy mess.

HOPE YOU LIKED IT!!! NEXT PROMPT IS: Pie!

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Pie... "that pink pony"... two stories with pinkie... I think someone is obsessed~:pinkiecrazy:
(not claiming - can't think of anything atm)

Tchernobog
Group Admin

on second thought: claimed! i have an idea. Shall edit this post with it :rainbowkiss:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

"Pie?"

"Pie."

"Pinkie Pie?"

"Nonono... Pie."

"What kind of pie?"

"The best kind!"

"And that's...?"

"Apple pie, duh."

"I'm flattered, but... why?"

"Why? Because it's awesome. The taste, the flaky crust, and the taste. Did I mention the taste?"

"Three times."

"Oh."

"Yeah."

"...Soooooo?"

"Lemme get this straight. You just woke up with a cravin' for apple pie, and you have to have one now or you'll die?"

"I was more thinking along the lines of Discord breaking loose, but that works too."

"I just have one question, Rainbow."

"Yeah?"

"It's three in the morning. Why now?"

"...because I'm hungry?"

Applejack stared at the pony sharing her bed, and sighed. She couldn't go back to sleep anyway, and was bound to get up in a couple hours anyway. Might as well.

The things I do for love...

------------------------
next prompt: Jargon!

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

You bastard :flutterrage:
All afternoon, I've been rushing through my homework so I could claim the promt :twilightangry2:
Your next prompt better have cute words, I'm watching you :ajbemused:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

You tell me, I just posted it!

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

I have no idea what jargon means. :raritydespair:

Tchernobog
Group Admin

jar·gon1    [jahr-guhn, -gon] Show IPA
noun
1.the language, especially the vocabulary, peculiar to a particular trade, profession, or group: medical jargon.
2.unintelligible or meaningless talk or writing; gibberish.
3.any talk or writing that one does not understand.
4.pidgin.
5.language that is characterized by uncommon or pretentious vocabulary and convoluted syntax and is often vague in meaning.

could be flight.. could be apples... ;)
doesn't prevent you from posting a Pie story too :D it's just the next keyword is mine!

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

Meh, not interested. To business-y instead of cute and funny words :pinkiehappy:

bookplayer
Group Admin
Tchernobog
Group Admin

This oughta be good :pinkiehappy:

bookplayer
Group Admin

Rainbow Dash and Applejack sat on the picnic blanket with their friends, while Dash explained how they almost had hail with the storm yesterday.

“So then Flitter flew into the storm, it was a total Please Celestia, but I knew the playbook and took off to the other side of the park to run defense. The storm clouds tried to pile me, and they weren't that concerned about unnecessary roughness, but I held the line and Flitter pulled that hail cloud right out of the pocket. By then, the clouds I was blocking didn't matter so I squared in and she spiked it to me then re-positioned, I bucked it back to her, and from there on it was a blow out.”

“Way to go, RD!” Applejack said happily, bumping hooves with Dash, while the others looked on confused.

“What. . . did that mean?” Twilight asked cautiously, obviously not used to be lost in a conversation based on vocabulary.

Applejack smiled and rolled her eyes. “They weren't gonna be able to get rid of the hail, but Flitter tried a long shot plan, and Dash figured just what she was up to. So Dash went and kept more'a the storm clouds from pilin' on her while Flitter got that hail cloud. Dash moved away from the clouds she was holdin' back and Flitter bucked the hail cloud to 'er. After that it was easy.”

Dash nodded, and grinned, giving AJ a quick nuzzle. “I'm glad somepony else here speaks hoofball.”

Next Prompt: Touch

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

claimed, don't expect a masterpiece from me :pinkiehappy:

bookplayer
Group Admin

What, you don't think you can live up to my Hemingway-esque masterpiece of randomly grabbed American Football terms?

Don't put yourself down, just write some cute ponies. :ajsmug:

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

484632 And done, I have no way of determining how many words on my laptop so sue me :pinkiecrazy:

Applejack awoke from her sleep. “Huh? Rainbow, what are you doin’?”

“Nothing, just go back to sleep”

“Are you strokin’ my mane?”

“No, just go back to sleep.” Rainbow said more insistently.

“You ARE strokin’ my mane. What’s goin’ on Rainbow? It’s quite unusual for me to wake up with my marefriend’s hoof in my hair.”

Rainbow searched for a way to still get Applejack to sleep. “I, euh... was sleep-ruffling your mane? So, n-nothing’s wrong here, just go back to sleep.”

“C’mon Rainbow, I know you too well to know when you’re speakin' the truth. Sharin' a bed with somepony will do that for you.” Applejack was getting a bit worried about her, if Dash felt the need to lie about it, it must be some serious matter.

Rainbow took a breath to steady her nerves. “Applejack, remember how I didn’t have a family to grow up with since I was five?” Applejack nodded in confirmation. “Sometimes I just want to touch you, your mane, so I can tell myself this is real, you are real and you’re still with me.”

“Dash, you know that I’d never leave you if I had anythin' to do about it. Our time will eventually come and we’ll stay together, through life and through death. Now just go to sleep and touch as much as you want.”

Dash snuggled closer to AJ and closed her eyes facing her. A snortle sounded through the bedroom.

“What”

“You like my mane”

“Be glad your mane isn’t as awesome as mine, I’d never let go otherwise.”

“I wouldn’t mind that”

Dash ruffled through AJ’s mane for good measure and went to sleep, contented.

Next prompt: Granny Smith

bookplayer
Group Admin

Claimed! This is gonna be good. :rainbowdetermined2:

you bet yer arse I am:pinkiecrazy:

besides, I think that if Dash and Applejack were together, (or if any two of Pinkie's friends were together) she'd take as many opportunities as she could to both annoy them, and bring them closer together:pinkiehappy:

But I figure it's a two way streak and Dash does her best to mess with Pinkie's relationships as well (although it never works out as well as Pinkie's plans do :rainbowderp:)

Besides, I only wrote a second Pinkie story cause the first didn't technically count :twilightoops:

If I claim another one I promise no Pinkie :raritywink:

oh, and I like what you've done with it. :pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy::pinkiehappy:

(And YES, I know bookplayer already took the prompt. I'd have no Idea what to do with that one anyways... well nothing that would fit in 500 words. :derpytongue2:)

bookplayer
Group Admin

“What am I supposed to do while you finish your chores?” Dash asked.

“Well, you could go an talk to Granny Smith. She's always got some great stories,” Applejack suggested.

Dash sighed. “Fine. Just, don't take too long, okay?”

“I'll hurry. You have fun.”

Applejack did hurry. She loved Granny's stories, but she knew there probably wasn't enough rope-swinging and sword fights to keep Dash's attention for long. She got through about half her chores in record time, and was bringing the vegetables in to refill the bins in the kitchen when she overheard part of the conversation from the living room.

“And this one here's from a family reunion. See, Applejack was just a little filly and she sat on a tack the day before. All day she went 'round stickin' her rump in the air and sayin' loud as ya' please, 'I got a boo-boo on my fanny!' Folks just laughed and laughed at that.”

Applejack's eye's went wide in horror. Dash's attempts to hold back her own laughter were clearly audible from the next room.

“Oh, and this is a sweet one, Apple Brown Betty got Applejack and Apple Fritter matchin' frou frou dresses. Don't she look like a little filly-doll?”

Applejack's cheeks were burning as she raced into the living room, “Come on, Dash, the rest of my chores can wait.”

“Awesome! Then you can sit and look at pictures with us! This one with you with a plunger on your head is really cute. I bet there's a great story behind that one.” Dash smiled innocently at Granny.

“Well now, there sure is!” Granny started, “See, Applejack got that stuck there when-”

“Sorry, Granny! We gotta go!” Applejack grabbed Dash's tail in her mouth and started dragging her towards the door.

“You can tell me next time, Granny! I'll come back tomorrow!” Dash called.

Safely outside, Applejack released Dash's tail and turned to face her, pointing a hoof in her face. “You never heard a word of that!”

“Are you kidding? That was hilarious! You were the goofiest little foal. Totally cute.”

“You ain't gonna make fun of me?”

“Nope! Well. . .”

Applejack raised an eyebrow, waiting for the rest.

“Not until I find out how you got that plunger stuck on your head!” Dash said, then she burst into giggles.

Big Mac walked by just then and looked at the giggling pegasus, then questioningly at AJ.

“Never leave your special somepony alone with Granny Smith,” Applejack said dryly.

“Eeyup.” Mac nodded with a knowing smile, then walked away.

Next Prompt: Storm

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

Claimed! :twilightsmile:
This one's gonna be 100% fluff. No bittersweet stuff as per usual.

DbzOrDie
Group Admin

483017>>483018>>483439>>483035
I'm planning on throwing all the prompts together in a fic. I need your permission though. You can send me a PM and I'll keep a list here with authors that have agreed.

List:
bookplayer
KrazyTheFox
Tchernobog
ThatPinkPony
Jackie
Rangelost
Zenaron
First_Down
macdjord
TheRealRainbowDash
JimmyP424

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

Storm:

“Get ‘er! Over there!” yelled Apple Bloom, pointing up the stairs frantically.

Rainbow Dash dove down the stairs, holding Scootaloo between her front legs. She dropped Scootaloo at the bottom and circled high above the room, stopping only to snatch a few pillows. “They’ve found us! Spread out and draw the enemy fire!”

“Yes, Commander Dash!” said Scootaloo, saluting.

“Straight ahead, Applejack!”

Applejack launched a couple pillows in Scootaloo’s direction before ducking behind the wall of bedsheets. “They’re comin’ at us, duck!”

Apple Bloom ducked just in time for a barrage of pillows to impact the side of Fort Enterprise, collapsing one of the outer walls.

Commander Dash swooped in low and dropped a bunch of pillows in front of Scootaloo. “Get ‘em, Scoots!”

Applejack and Apple Bloom looked at each other. “Retreat!”

“Come on Scoots, let’s storm that fort!”

The pair of pegasi advanced on Fort Enterprise, each grasping a pillow in their mouths.

“Applejack, we’re out of ammo. I think it’s time to surrender!” said Apple Bloom, frantically searching around for one last pillow.

“We’ll never surr—Oof!” Applejack found herself tackled to the ground by Rainbow Dash, who sat on top of her triumphantly.

“How about now?” asked Rainbow, grinning.

Scootaloo had since made her way to Apple Bloom, engaging in one-on-one combat, neither willing to give in.

“I think I could surrender... on one condition,” said Applejack.

Rainbow Dash tilted her head. “What’s that?”

Applejack leaned up and planted a chaste kiss on Rainbow’s lips. “That.”

Rainbow smiled back at AJ and yawned, noticing the two fillies had finally worn themselves out. “All this pillow fighting sure is tiring.” She removed herself from on top of Applejack and snuggled against her inside the remnants of the fort.

Apple Bloom and Scootaloo joined Applejack and Rainbow Dash in the depths of the fort and they all drifted off to sleep.

The next word is: Combinations

Lycan_01
Group Contributor

484768 Accepted, and done.

------------------

Rainbow Dash was awoken early in the morning by a rather odd sensation. Somepony was playing with her hair. Not caressing it. Not running their hooves through it. Not trying to style it. No, somepony was playing with her hair, tussling and rubbing and gently pulling at the rainbow-hued locks.

“AJ, what are you doing?” the pegasus asked groggily, her voice partially muffled by the pillow her face was buried in.

“Playin’ with your mane,” Applejack’s accented voice casually replied.

Rainbow Dash picked her face up out of the pillow, and turned to give her marefriend a bemused stare. The orange mare was sitting beside her on the bed, the bedsheet partially draped over her shoulders, with an amused smile on her face. “No, really?” the pegasus deadpanned.

Applejack chuckled, and continued to run her hooves through Dash’s hair, rustling and tussling the polychromatic mane. “I’m just messin’ with the colors.”

Rainbow Dash gave her a slightly confused look. “The colors?”

“Yeah, since ya got all these colors in your hair, I’m tryin’ to see what sort of combinations I can make. See what matches an’ mixes well,” Applejack replied with a smile, never ceasing to play with her lover’s mane.

“Oh. Find any good combinations?” Dash asked curiously. She never really bothered to do anything with her mane. The hair always fell into a natural pattern, even when put up in a ponytail. Mixing it up to find color combinations was something she’d just never really done, so it’d be interesting to see what AJ had found.

AJ ceased her playing for a moment, and leaned down to whisper in Rainbow Dash’s ear. “Well, blue and orange seem to make a pretty good combo…” the blonde mare purred, before nuzzling against Dash’s cheek.

Rainbow Dash giggled and reached up to grab Applejack, quickly pulling her down into a tight embrace. She planted a few small kisses on Applejack's cheek, before looking into her emerald eyes and smiling. "Yeah... I'd say they do…”

----------------------

Microsoft Word says - exactly 333 words! Hope y'all liked it. :twilightsmile:

Next prompt: Fire

LunaTheFox
Group Admin

Loved that could-be-the-other-side-of-DbzOrDie's-mini-fic thing you've made. Feels almost like continuity... and I'm a sucker for continuity.

This is seriously one of the best ideas in this entire group. New AppleDash every few hours. :pinkiehappy:

(This isn't a claim. I'd be asleep for the four hours I'd have to write it.)

Tchernobog
Group Admin

edit: claiming!

Tchernobog
Group Admin

Applejack wasn't sure she could take any more shocks today. The first had been how Dash had dragged them to an antique shop. She hadn't pegged the pegasus for one interested in random trinkets that weren't Wonderbolt related.

The second and third shocks had happened at the same time. Not only had Dash managed to find a piano in the shop, she was even belting out a tune, lyrics included.

You shake my nerves and you rattle my brain
Too much love drives a pony insane
You broke my will! But what a thrill!
Goodness gracious great balls of fire!

And she was amazing.

I laughed at love cause I thought it was funny
but you came along and moooooved me honey
I've changed my mind
This love is fine

Well. She was maybe a bit off key. Her scratchy voice didn't quite lend itself to quality singing, but to Applejack, it sounded fantastic.

Kiss me baby
Mmmm feels good
Hold me baby
Welll I want to love you like a lover should
You're fine, so kind
Got to tell this world that you're mine mine mine mine

But more than that, Rainbow Dash was staring at Applejack the entire time she sung, grinning widely. The shop's owner, and the few other ponies in the shop had stopped to listen, but Applejack knew that she was Rainbow's true, and only audience. She couldn't help but tap her hoof in time with the song, swept up in its frenetic energy.

She sincerely hoped the piano wasn't too expensive. She'd just discovered a totally new facet to her rainbow-maned marefriend, and by Celestia, she'd make the most of it.

C'mon baby, drive me crazy

----------------
next prompt: Endings
Let's see what you make of that~

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1,318