Fallout Equestria 5,367 members · 2,615 stories
Comments ( 157 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 157
Professor Plum
Group Admin

Hello there! I was having a discussion with Interloper, about how a lot of FO:E fics are overshadowed somewhat by the really popular MegaFO:E fics (you know, the ones everyone has read, or thinks about when sidefics are mentioned). We want to do something to help people find these smaller stories, but we also don't want the forum to be spammed with people shamelessly self-promoting (there's a bureau for that).

So! Here's the thread where you can try to get people into your favourite story, or try to attract more readers for your fic. The rules are simple:

1) It has to be an FO:E story. Not just a Fallout crossover, and certainly not just a random story you liked.
2) If someone recommends a story you like, feel free to reply to them saying that you agree! But please don't try to poo-poo other people's tastes. This thread is for promotion, not arguing. If you wish to debate the merits/demerits of a story in detail, please do so in a different thread.
3) This thread is designed to help smaller stories find fans, so please try to avoid recommending already mega-popular fics. No, we're not going to ban you mentioning them, and there's no hard limit on how popular a story can be before we'll put on our frowny faces. We just don't want to have to scroll through a dozen recommendations for something like Project Horizons before we get to anything that needs promoting.
4) Self promotion is not banned! The stories you recommend can be your own, or just one that you enjoyed.
5) Please follow the following template to recommend a story:

Title: Self Explanatory. Please provide a link to the story.
Author: Same as above. Just put "Me!" if you're the author, or something :twilightsmile:
Tags: Tell us what tags the story has.
Summary: Give a very brief picture of what the story is about, preferably without spoilers.
Pitch: Tell us why we should read this, also without spoilers. This is probably the most important part, as it's what will hopefully net the story more readers

If you have any questions, please feel free to ask. Otherwise, happy recommending!

Er, self promotion... Well okay, then. FoE stories get a lot of dislikes by default, so I'd like a larger sample size to figure out if my story is actually any good, or if it isn't, then the reasons why and how I can improve.

Title: Fallout: Equestria - What the Wasteland Does
Author: "Me!"
Tags: Adventure, Dark, and Crossover (The standard three, but no gore tag, I made sure all descriptions were brief and clean.)
Summary: Two Enclave commanders survey life in the Wasteland in preparation for the return to the surface.
Pitch: This is a quick story for people that like alternate perspectives and lore expansions that are compatible with the original.

Comment posted by Interloper deleted Jun 7th, 2015

And I'm going to recommend a fic too:

Title: Fallout Equestria: Emergence

Author: TheImmolatedPoet

Tags: Gore, Dark, Crossover, Adventure

Summary: KnickKnack, having left his Stable shortly after the day of Sunshine and Rainbows, searches the wasteland to bring the ambitions his Stable life had always kept out of his reach into fruition. An inventor and technopheliac at heart, he begins a journey to fulfill his dreams and sate his hunger for knowledge and invention.

Pitch: Emergence has just the right mix of violence and comedy to do justice to the 'Fallout' in 'Fallout: Equestria,' something you don't see much in a fandom that churns out stories that tend to try too hard at being grimdark when there are so many opportunities in the wasteland to squeeze laughs out of.

(Hopefully the attention he'll get from this will motivate him to start writing again ...)

If you wish to debate the merits/demerits of a story in detail, please do so in a different thread.

If I recall, this is exactly what caused PH to be banned from the forums.

PH is a special case.

PH has its own sprawling sub-fandon behind it, full of crazy, mindless fanboys that will defend it to the death - something that most if not all of the other stories in the greater Fo:E fandom don't have. It's the only reason why, I think, PH discussions in particular had to be contained to a single thread.

In any case, if a thread criticizing a story does occur, the rules of the forums will certainly apply to it, and myself and the other admins will be quick to prevent any flamewars from happening.

I'll do a bit of shameless self promotion!

Title: Fallout Equestria: Crystal Hearts (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/256322/fallout-equestria-crystal-hearts)

Author: ChurchNW (Me)

Summary: In a nutshell, Crystal Hearts focuses on a band of ponies making a pilgrimage through the Crystal Empire.

Pitch: I think this story tackles a unique aspect of the Wasteland, religion. I know the Princesses are regarded as Goddesses, and you have the occasional pony or cult. But I don't think I've seen another story that focuses heavily on the concept of faith. Every pony in the Wasteland is tested physically and emotionally, but I wanted to add spiritual tests as well.

Nyerguds
Group Admin

Shameless self-promotion, here I come :yay:

Title: Fallout Equestria: The Daily Unlife
Author: Nyerguds
Tags: Adventure, Comedy, Dark, Gore, and a little sad. And "Slice of Unlife", I guess :rainbowwild:
Summary: After roughly two centuries of wandering and scavenging in Canterlot, the Canterlot ghoul Lemon Frisk sets out to find some meaning in his unlife, and gets tangled in the politics of a recently opened Stable.

Pitch: This story is a comedy fic, but unlike a lot of comedy set in Fallout Equestria setting, it is in no way a parody. While the story is riddled with humour, mostly derived from the interaction between the two main characters, it takes the horrors of the wastelands very seriously.

Everyone in the wasteland is broken in their own way, and you can imagine that someone who saw the world die with his own eyes, and then, as insult to injury, woke up as some undead monstrosity, probably ranks pretty high on that scale too. But Lemon Frisk doesn't think that's a reason to be all morose. When Unlife gives you lemons... you just gotta go out and scavenge up some sugar!

Professor Plum
Group Admin

To quote the rules thread on the subject of PH:

This rule was put in place because of the sheer amount of PH related threads/shitstorms that used to occur. These restrictions do not apply to any other story, so feel free to discuss them.

kekekekekekeke, I made this thread happen. That makes me laugh.
Title: Fallout Equestria: Joker's Wild
Author: What's the most arrogant way to say 'me'? Give a bit, I'll come up with something.
Tags: Comedy, Adventure, and maybe Romance along the way. Crossover, Gore, and Dark just because of the Foe Genre.
Summary: Taking place 50 years before the events of Fallout Equestria, a trailblazer earth pony working for the Glory Road company named Tumbleweed is tasked with investigation a loss of communication with caravan elements along the settlements on I-95. Along the way, he picks up the mysterious gun-slinging zebra, Calypto, and together they become tangled in the web of the infamous pre-war experiment, known as Gardens of Equestria. The wasteland was a different place, but as time will tell, everything must fall into its rightful place.
Pitch: This is a story to capture the true spirit of Fallout 2. While most stories seem to be about characters struggling with how depressing the wasteland is, this story doesn't let that give it a reason to be sad. This is a story with an attitude to shine through the darkest parts of the wastes. This story combines wacky hijinx, wasteland culture/psychology, and serious dramatic storyline points to make an entertaining piece. This is not a parody. The story is meant to be a stepping stone to Fallout Equestria.

Tumbleweed is a natural trouble prone swashbuckler of sorts, who has been given the ultimatum of "Stay out of trouble". Watch as he inevitably gets in trouble and then must explain the circumstances of "No, I definitely did not buck all the teeth out of the mouth of that one ruthless dash smuggling mob boss in New Reigno, he just... fell on his face... really really hard," or "Why do I need so many mines? I have a request from the client. It's a business expense. We want to make sure the client knows we care..."

I try to take as much of the clunky 'game' aspects out so that I can create a more flexible and creative world view.

My story is not perfect, and it is still in its beginning chapters, but please take a look, you might have a laugh.

Professor Plum
Group Admin

kekekekekekeke, I made this thread happen. That makes me laugh.

Actually, we originally started discussing the idea on the 13th. You just happened to come along a few days later :twilightsmile:

all these crystal empire stories. May as well throw mine in.

TItle:Fallout Equestria: The Tartarus Contingency
Author: Me
Tags: Gore, Dark, Crossover, Adventure, Alternate Universe
Summary: A crystal pony from the ruins of the old crystal empire makes a trek south, in order to revitalize trade relations with his city of Resilience.

Pitch: Happening 80 years before the "Light Bringer," it details the exploits of one of the first crystal ponies to head into the southern wasteland from the Crystal Empire's remains, Resilience. He has to do a number of things to establish more solid trade between the southern wastes, as well as find a way to shuttle caravans through his hostile environment safely to his hometown, or the town will end up shorted on everything they need to survive. However, he has a bit of a fascinated pride with his own homeland. In inspecting the history of things from the southern information in books, magazines, military manuals, and even emergency broadcasts, he stumbles across unflattering facts about the war and the Empire, as well as a "Contingency" plan that was to be enacted upon in the case of a megaspell holocaust. In locating more information, the truth of the Crystal Empire's wartime efforts unfolds... And also gives a reason as to why the south knows nothing of the Crystal Empire's existence once the Light Bringer arrives. apparently the intrigue and factions of what is up so far is quite good-- according to those that have given feedback. If you're into reading between the lines for certain things, give it a shot.

This message brought to you by Crystal Empire Civil Defense.

Title: Fallout Equestria: Shadows in the Dark

Author: "Me!"

Tags: Sex, Gore, Romance, Dark, Comedy, Crossover, Adventure, Alternate Universe.

Summary: An expedition to an old, forgotten stable in the Frozen North, in search of the Crystal Heart.

Pitch: This story is actually a roleplay from this group on fimfiction, which I took part in and then adapted into a story, all with the DM's permission, of course. All the characters actions and dialogue were written by different people who took part, making for a lot of interesting dialogue and choices.

Might as well. It's an oldie, and I need to get off my butt and get Chapter 21 completed, but people seem to like it.

Title: New Pegas. https://www.fimfiction.net/story/679/fallout-equestria-new-pegas

Author: Myself.

Tags: Gore, Dark, Crossover, Adventure, Alternate Universe

Summary: Mr. Horse's pet courier has been murdered and his property stolen. And while the price on the killers' heads is good enough to get any bounty hunter's attention, it's the bonus for returning a silly little poker chip that draws Dead-Shot in.

Pitch: The original "New Vegas" story for Fallout: Equestria, though I erred in stopping development for several months as it seemed someone else was going to do exactly such a tale. Their first chapter was very good, so I did not want to step on their hooves --- but several months later, they'd produced nothing else. By this time, No One's "Heroes" had come out. So, I missed my chance to yell "FIRST!".

Oh, you wanted the basic storyline? Well, you've got "Dead-Shot", a wasteland bounty hunter who hates his actual name and prefers pragmatism over people. He's all about surviving to the day he can fort up somewhere and be left out of the world's problems altogether. Into this earth-pony's rather dour life drops Pink-E, a robot programmed by a long-dead relative, with a penchant for knowing the unknowable...

...and really, anything else I could tell you would be even more spoiler-iffic than that. But if you absolutely MUST have another reason to read (or lather up into a froth):

You'll find out what happened to Rainbow Dash. 100% appropriate to canon (though not to Kkat's declared headcanon).

Honestly, that's not much of a spoiler, as you could have figured it out just from looking at New Pegas' main page. -:/

FINAL NOTE: New Pegas shares canon with a variety of other sidefics, such as Second Wind, Rangers of Wintertrot, Tales of a Courier, Pink Eyes and Project Horizons (up to Chapter 55, no further). All of these are excellent world-building fics in their own right, as New Pegas is intended to likewise be, and I am in fact collaborating with several of the authors in what amounts to shared-universe mode.

I want in on this haha.

Title: Fallout: Equestria - Dirty Deeds

Author: Yours truly

Tags: Sex, gore, dark, comedy, crossover, adventure, alternate universe

Summary: Three highly capable but down on their luck bounty hunters stumble upon the job of a lifetime when a seemingly random Stable pony has an enormous bounty placed on her head. Upon capturing the mare the trio learns there's a lot more to the job than they originally thought and end up defending their prize from every other bounty hunter, mercenary and scumbag in the wasteland.

Along the way, their captive will discover that there's more to these ponies than meets the eye, and if she's going to find a way out of this mess she'll have to learn to trust them. One way or another she'll discover that normal ponies don't exist in this world. Everyone's a little strange. Everyone's a little crazy. If you want to survive in the Equestrian wasteland, you may have to get a little dirty.

Pitch: I have put in as much love and effort as I possibly can to make my cast of characters unique and interesting and feel like I succeeded. I've took the trope of both the quirky trio and flipped it on it's head as well as the trope of someone new getting acquainted with the wasteland. Got a colorful cast filled with characters that haven't really been done before. Taking my main character in a direction that is way off what anyone else is doing from what I've seen and it's all just a fun ride in general. It's just a fun story and if you're looking for fun you should check it out.

Also the cute filly in my profile pic is one of the main characters. Isn't she just the cutest, most devious looking filly you've ever laid eyes on? :pinkiehappy:

Oh why not, been meaning to promote myself anyways.

Title: Spectrum

Author: Me!

Tags: Gore, Dark, Crossover, Adventure. The standard stuff, really.

Summary: 50 years before the adventures of Littlepip, a Pegasus Civilian finds himself thrown into the horrors of the Equestrian Wasteland. Stranded in the hellscape, he struggles to find a way to return to his home above the clouds.

Pitch: I... I don't know that I'm really the right person to say why you should like my story. I know why I like my story, but those reasons may not draw anyone else. I like my story because I was so inspired by the original Fallout: Equestria that I just felt like I had to pay it tribute in some way. I like it because I spent the better part of three months planning out as much as I could, from who the characters were to what they looked like to why they do the things they do. I like it because this is my first ever serious attempt at writing a story since a trainwreck of a fic I wrote back at the beginning of the fandom. I like it because I've done everything I can to pour all that I am into making this the best work that I possibly can. I just want to make something that can capture even a fraction of what made the original story so great. I want to make something that other people will look at, and not just look at, but something people will truly love and enjoy.

I just want to make something good. And hopefully, I have.

And this one might also interest some people. If you're a Project Horizons fan and are caught up on the story you might check it out.

Title: Fallout: Equestria Project Horizons chapter 75 side story

Author: Me again

Tags: Sex, Romance, Sad, Crossover, Alt Verse

Summary: Suffering from the loss of those closest to her and with Blackjack seemingly avoiding her, Scotch Tape turns to the only available source for comfort. Though reluctant at first, Bastard is soon talked into helping the young mare in her time of grief. Taking a page straight out of Blackjack's book, Scotch deals with her pain the only way she can think of. The 99 way.

Pitch: There was a sex scene in PH that I just felt there a lot more going on than sex. Kind of like in the same way in the original when Homage and Littlepip mash and that guy has the "deleted scene" I wanted to do the same thing with this scene from chapter 75. So yeah it's a short clopfic but there is more to it than just sex. It's kind of my way of fleshing out a little more of what both characters are feeling in the moment. So if you like Horizons and are into clop, you might like this story and I'd appreciate the views. I came up with this story on my own but contacted Somber before I posted it to make sure I had his persmission. It does include sexual relations between persons of extreme age difference and I know that is very offputting to some people but like I said I didn't just write it as a clopfic, I wanted more substance to it than that. Yes it is a clopfic...but it's a clopfic with feeling haha.

4386193 Dammit. I was gonna do that one haha. And I've been trying to get him to write for months haha. He'll get to it eventually he's just busy with school and real life. Him and I brainstorm and bounce ideas off each other all the time :raritywink:

Shameless self promotion? Ech, why not.

Title: Fallout: Equestria - Frozen Skies

Author: Me.

Tags: Sex, Gore, Dark, Crossover, Adventure

Summary: Set before the events of Fallout: Equestria, an Enclave reconnaissance squad is sent to Equestria's frozen north. Things go awry, and they find out very quickly that despite an ongoing battle between Red Eye and Steel Ranger forces, hostile action is only one of the threats to survival - food, shelter and injury are all very real concerns in this harsh environment.

Pitch: I didn't think an inherently military mindset is one that has been seen all that often - the concept of highly trained (if inexperienced in actual combat) characters being put into a very difficult situation. Also, the dynamic of an established relationship being essentially dropped into the wasteland was one that I think is a fun concept to explore. Also, though it isn't finished, the story has just (read: as of last Sunday) reached the end of its first major arc - though things have certainly not been wrapped up, if you want to read a story through large, complete chunks, my story has just reached that point.

Motherf- @FOE: Frozen Skies.

That's basically my pitch, but on the ground in Baltimare instead of in the North. This looks interesting, though, I'll add that to my list of "to-reads".

Title:
Fallout Equestria: Stable Scout

Author:
KylerAdams (thats me!)

Tags: Sex, Gore, Dark, Crossover, Adventure

Summary:
Stable 30 is an okay place to live. Captain Firefly is Chief of Field Operations for Stable Security, which means two things; she's third in the order of succession, and it's her job to keep the Stable safe. Finally, her superiors have realized that they need to know more about the area surrounding the Stable and send her and a group of security officers to find out about the Baltimare wasteland. Firefly is glad to get a chance to help the wasteland, but she may not like what she learns about the irradiated city and her family...

Pitch:
Set around Ch33 in FOE. A competent but inexperienced Stable security force goes out to explore Baltimare, stuff happens, ponies die in unpleasant ways, etc. Everything you expect from Fallout Equestria, but from the POV of a pseudo experienced military group instead of a ragtag band of misfit vigilantes. Additionally, it will be more character-driven, with each of Firefly's companions getting at least half a chapter of time in their mind and from their point of view, instead of being all "Firefly-Firefly-Firefly!" like FOE or PH.

>Motherf- @FOE: Frozen Skies.
Kek

If it's any consolation, I'm certainly sold on yours, I'll give 'er a read.

Well why not, it will help me just a bit. (Unless my story becomes huge)

Title: Fallout Equestria: A Heart Full of Bullets (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/237204/fallout-equestria-a-heart-full-of-bullets)

Author: Silvermoon15000 (ME!)

Tags: Gore, Dark, Adventure, (subject to change once story progresses)

Summary: A pony who has been in theme wasteland for years and is known in the area as a ghost, comes face to face with a filly who wants to go home, but his heart is full of loneliness, depression, and insanity, but can this filly heal his heart full of bullets.

Pitch: This story was originally meant to be a quick three chapter fiction but changed when I got people saying they liked the plot and it was something new and unseen, the unseen being a Fallout character already being a high level right at the beginning but still dealing with problems. The characters in this story have been found to be loveable in certain ways, (thanks to a few PMs), and has little mistakes that repeats themselves to the point where you don't care, except a few auto correct malfunctions. To be honest I never expected to get far into it but I did, hope you enjoy.

Professor Plum
Group Admin

So far, 15 stories have been posted. 14 of those have been self promotion. And the only one who promoted another person's story is one of the admins :applejackunsure:

C'mon, guys! You can do better than that.

4402346 No fair if I do one it'll still just be "one of the admins" doing the promoting xD

Title: Fallout Equestria: Towards the Future
Author: Acespadez1134
Tags: Gore, Crossover, Adventure, Alternate Universe
Summary: "After an important incident that causes him to flee to below the cloud cover his life takes a dramatic turn for the adventurous." A story about an ex-enclave Pegasus wandering the wasteland trying to find his place. Well written, plus he uses wingblades! :yay:
Pitch: Okay so currently this story is undergoing a bit of some rework, but I definitely recommend keeping tabs on it. Good story telling, the action is well written, and the characters are pretty fun too. ^_^

4402346 well I would recommend a story if I could but the side story I was going to recommend got taken down by the author because he thought it sucked, so yeah, that and I literally just got into FoE so yep that too

Very well / if you insist, Professor.

Title:
Fallout: Equestria - We're no Heroes

Author:
Otherunicorn

Tags:
Gore, Dark, Crossover, Adventure

Summary:
Not everypony who crawls out of a stable can be a Littlepip or a Blackjack. Some try and fail. Some just give up after a while. Some are still alive fifteen years after they emerged, admittedly, crippled or insane, but hey, this is the wasteland. Cyborgs Anne and her brain damaged mother Lee are forced to return to the hell hole that created them in order to find out what was done to them almost two decades ago, and that means putting down their tools and picking up their guns again.

Pitch:
Two former Stable dwellers set out to return to their Stable in an attempt to fix one of their minds. On the way there, they stumble into saving another Stable. Instead of being world-saving heroes like Littlepip or Blackjack, they're just a couple of ponies who happen to fall into a situation where they can save some ponies and they do so. Non-spoiler-y, it gets a bit weird at the end, but otherwise, it's quite a good read. Happens concurrently with FOE.

Title: Fallout: Equestria - Outlaw
Author: Tofu
Summary: The spoiler-free version is you have a lazy jackass of an Enclave officer who goes on the run from the Enclave for a number of little reasons.
Pitch: I don't know about you, but I like myself some insufferable jackass characters. Mach's a bit self-absorbed, and watching the world from his eyes as he lazily coasts by is a great experience (and equally great to watch him get put in his place sometimes). To top it off, Tofu is a fantastic writer, and is currently in process of rewriting the entirety of Outlaw. He finished it once but he learned plenty over the course of writing the story, and he wanted to go back and make the whole thing better. I highly recommend you stick with the rewrites and not read the original, but if you can't wait to see what happens, the link to the original is still in the description.

Nyerguds
Group Admin

"We're No Heroes" is a severely underrated work of pure brilliance. :heart:

Oh, hello Nyerguds. Long time / no see. Gets kind of 'weird' at the end but it's brilliant, yes and I enjoyed the whole story.

Hello Wastelanders. Shameless self-promotion time!

I have written a little something. A little Fo:E something, to be precise. So:

Title: Fallout: Equestria—Wild Card

Tags: {Adventure} {Dark} {Comedy} {Sad}

Summary: This is the story of two common ponies. Just like that. Two common ponies and their fight to survive in the Wasteland. They might or might not have been part of a Stable-Tec social experiment.

Pitch: Give it a try! You won't be disappointed! I would like to thing it's a good story, rich in detail and world building while remaining focused on the characters.

Hello all! American Author here, and I just wanted to let ponies know to be on the lookout for a story of mine that's coming out soon. The story is called "Fallout: Equestria- A Little Bit of Pink". The author is me, and the general idea comes from a comment I saw one day while rereading Pink Eyes. The commentator suggested somepony write a crossover where Littlepip and Co. meet Puppysmiles while in the Canterlot Ruins. I figured that was a good place to start, and here we are! I will be posting chapters as regularly as I can, once I get a few editors and pre-readers onboard. If you're interested, the story is on my author page, and feel free to PM me if you are interested in helping with editing/pre-reading.
All the best,
American Author

Professor Plum
Group Admin

Not really what this thread is about, I'm afraid.

It's not? Is there a more suitable thread I should have used, or is the comment the problem?

Professor Plum
Group Admin

First, you can reply to other users by clicking the ">>" button in the top right of their comment. This tells them that you've replied to their comment.

As for your question, no, this is not the thread for it. This thread is about helping lesser-known stories get more views. You don't actually have a story, and are asking for help writing it.

There are other groups around fimfiction much better suited to dealing with such requests.

4445136 Got it, and thanks.

Comment posted by windmill 7 deleted Jun 8th, 2015

Fantastic idea. I was thinking that it might be a good call to see what the active community is reading/writing.

In fact, I was also thinking it may be a good idea to make a thread (or a story folder) where active Fo:E community members' stories exist. There are over 2700 stories in the vault, but how many of those are written by people who are regulars in the group here?

So... promotions. I'd like to promote two stories. Both of these crossover Nyx, from Past Sins in with the world of Fo:E. These stories are very, very different in how they are written in both style and setting.

Title: Sins of an Alicorn
Author: Alchemystudent
Tags: Gore, Dark, Crossover, Adventure, AU

Summary: Nyx wakes up from suspended animation in the basement of the Ponyville Library where Twilight had kept her safe for the past 200 years. She discovers a memory orb message from Twilight instructing her to go on a quest and to survive in a world of unknown dangers. This story takes place before Littlepip leaves the stable.

Pitch: For Past Sins fans, this combines Nyx with the Wasteland of Fo:E. This story explores how this emotionally sensitive alicorn deals with the horrors of the wasteland as she tries to survive and make new friends, as well as discover the fates of the ponies she once knew 200 years in the past. An interesting aspect of this story is that while Nyx is very powerful, she has a moral commitment to not kill, and part of the story is to try and explore if one can survive in the wasteland without killing.

And now for my self promotion. :pinkiehappy:

Title: Nightmare Nyx: Protector of Ponies
Tags: Gore, Dark, Crossover, Adventure, AU

Summary: Nyx, her changeling best friend, and her pegasus husband are confronted by the terrible deeds of an adversary who hopes to build a superweapon which could both destroy the zebras and put him in a position of absolute power in Equestria, but at the expense of thousands of pony lives. Nyx is also on a quest to discover her virtue before a critical transformation changes her into a nearly indestructible, omnipotent wild alicorn. In addition, a dark power that has been held back for over five thousand years has finally begun to expand as Everfree becomes more and more deadly.

Pitch: This is my labor of love. :twilightblush: The story I've been hard at work on for the past nine months. It's incredibly complex with a deep backstory and many intertwined plot elements. It is meant to be a smooth blending of the Past Sins and FO:E universes, as it is a natural continuation of Nyx's story arc as she grows up and becomes a young adult during the Great Zebra War. If you enjoy really deep, serious stories, this is for you. The period of the Great Zebra War is not written about enough in the Fo:E fandom, so this fills a genre gap of sorts because it explores and expands upon lots of elements which we find in the original Fo:E story. Many things were not explained, such as the origins of the memory orbs, or how S.A.T.S. works, or how Luna felt about the attack on Littlehorn, or how the Megaspells were designed. I take a magnifying glass to the mid-point of the zebra war and flesh out as much detail as possible to make what I hope will be a very entertaining Fo:E story as well as a conclusion of Nyx's story arc.

Title: Nightmare Nyx: Protector of Ponies

I support this story. It's definitely worth at least a peek, if you're looking for a change in settings while staying in the same (somewhat alternate) universe. It's a rather nostalgic read given its setting, since you don't often see stories that take place before the bombs fell, or even crossovers of crossovers for that matter.

I wouldn't put the story on a pedestal, but if you go into it with an open mind I'm sure you'll like it. With stories like this, featuring alicorns as main characters, you either like it or you don't. Recon's put a lot of time into planning out Nyx's abilities so she isn't - surprisingly - a roflstomping abomination like other alicorn OC's out there.

Comment posted by Interloper deleted Jun 9th, 2015

roflstomping abomination

:rainbowlaugh:

Thanks! You've probably seen the ginormous character threads in the dev forum. Even I was shocked at how much went into the changeling one! :rainbowderp:

It is also apparently an un-findable story with almost no views. So there's that.

Finally, I have crawled from the slums of Atrocious writing to the lofty prestigious Donald Trump Sky Box of mediocre.

Title:Fallout Equestria: Five Card Draw (http://www.fimfiction.net/story/274647/fallout-equestria-five-card-draw)

Author: me
Tags: Gore, Dark, Crossover, Adventure, Alternate universe

Summary: Five souls are save from certain death by ponies of an unknown group, and find themselves in a world all to familiar. Will they find a home, a nation, redemption? Or will they swallowed like so many others in this candy colored Gehenna.

Pitch: Now, before everyone derives and boos, hear me out. My characters are not some mary sue oc, but well established and known characters. Being the second biggest Fallout freak aside from Kkat, I will do my damndest to make certain that I do these canons justice, both game and FOE. I can't say to much here, but I'm pulling characters from fallout 2 through new vegas, which no ones done as far as I know.

My Story has been on the work since the announcement of Fallout 4, it is now ready to be made

(Pending) Title: Fallout Equestria: His-Story
Tags: Sex, Gore, Dark, Crossover, Adventure, Romance, Tragedy

Summary: A pre-war father wakes up centuries later seeking revenge on those who have taken away his family! As he unravels the Wasteland of Common Hoof Bay, he unravels secrets that not only unlocks the fate of the wasteland but also his past and destiny! With ability to craft, build, and repair just about anything, he can recreate the wasteland physical & mental; the question is can he undergo its foes.

Pitch: Inspiration from both the Kkat Original work, other popular fandom (our fandom) work, and of course, the famous fallout games, including the major up upcoming (what it is mostly based on) Fallout 4. My main character will be sort of easy, like he is "mostly" similar to me for a OC Character, but completely different as well. The Villains will be also unique as well, as he is related to our main character as a Close Rival stats-wise (no spoilers) and the cannon villain that we just know of more recently in the canon show, whom have started the fire of my true Rival. The fight of the wasteland, where the two Rival Stable Dwellers meet. (No, i do not mean the Little Pip and Blackjack going to hoof fight) :facehoof:
Also, everything I write about for the fanfic would be sort of drawn out and picture into, are what seen in the Fallout 4 game trailer and E3 Conference (so don't think it that i am like Pinkie who can sense the entire plot of the game) :pinkiecrazy: Every character, (sort of) places, weapons, and things in the story are going to be original like named the place CommonHooves Bay (as it is a lot harder to come up with good names for Boston, etc.) If you all like to help me with more idea or hear more updates on the title, please comment my profile. I can use all the feedback as it would not only be thankfully but also it my first story posted ever in the site! :twilightsmile:

Title: Fallout: Equestria - Rising Dawn
Tags: Sex, Gore, Dark, Adventure, Crossover
Summary: An expedition of Stable ponies set out into the freezing Northern Wasteland after a mechanical failure renders their stable's life support systems inoperable.

Pitch: I really like protagonists that don't think it's their responsibility to save the world. That's why I wrote this story.

In Rising Dawn, we follow a protagonist that, after being dragged - screaming and begging through some of the darkest recesses of the wasteland, has difficulty seeing past its horrors, and over the other side of the fence. His faith in more than just the good of the people of the wasteland was shattered the moment he stepped out his Stable's door. He would like no more than to find a water talisman - the salvation he left home to look for, return, lock the door behind him, and wash the blood off of his hooves.

But despite his ignorance, there is more to the wasteland than blood, blizzards, and darkness. Just like the sun - hidden behind the cloud cover, hope lies just beyond the darkness, whilst salvation lies in wait, ready to be earned, and not found.

Red Dawn, the story's narrator, is conflicted in his quest to seek out both, struggling to choose between his Stable, the only home he's ever known, and a wasteland - a frozen wasteland, rife with people truly worth saving, and quite possibly, a fight worth fighting for.

Ok I have two self promotions! Cos I am an arrogant sonnovagun

so here goes

Title: Fallout: Equestria, Hivemind

Tags: Gore, Romance, Dark, Crossover, Adventure, Alternate Universe

Summary:A changeling wanders the badlands of Equestria, scavenging what it can and living from one meal to the next. But when some food becomes something more, life becomes more complicated, and perhaps more meaningful

Pitch: Set well away from the areas in FoE, I wanted to look at how life is other places... oh and I wanted to play with changelings and bat ponys. So there are both in this little group.. cos changelings and bat ponies are cool (not to mention the other members of the group)

And Number 2

Title: Fallout: Equestria, Nightmare Night

Author: me again

Tags: Dark, Comedy, Crossover, Adventure, Alternate Universe

Summary: Many years ago Equestria had a holiday celebrating fears and scares under the watchful eye of Nightmare moon. Now one of the artificial alicorns thinks its time to bring it back. With the help of ghoul pegasis, she is determined to succeed.

Pitch: Even the world of Fallout Equestria should celebrate Nightmare Night!

Hurray for shameless self promotion. :3

Title: Fallout Equestria: Letters to Celestia

Tags: Adventure, Crossover, Gore, Tragedy, Alternate Universe, Dark

Summary: The story is about the truth behind the war. The Truth behind the Zebra lands. The truth behind the stars. And how sometimes the Wasteland doesn't need a Hero, sometimes it needs a Monster.

Pitch: I have spent months planning this out in high detail. I don't put down projects any more and this will likely be one of the longer Fallout: Equestria stories, of that I can promise you. There are no flat characters. Every character has a deep backstory and will likely have an arc of their own that will emerge as the story goes on. My main character is not the stereotypical Unicorn with a PipBuck. He is a Wasteland stallion with no PipBuck, that has lost many things in his life, he's just trying to get by, and this adventure sweeps him up. A pony in the company of great ponies and great heroes, he is the one that can never take that title. I explore the truth behind the stars, the zebra's, the war, and answers to questions that were never answered before. I also explore the morality of Slavery from an angle that most do not approach (the side that is PRO slavery) without compromising morals. I explain the morality behind development, and why sometimes a Monster is needed, rather thana Hero. If this sounds like the kind of story you're interested in, I heavily urge you to give it a go.

I suppose I could throw pride off Tenpony Tower for some self-promotion.

Title: Fallout: Equestria- The Nightmare Initiative
Author: Myself
Tags: Rated Mature [Gore] [Dark] [Crossover] [Adventure] [Alternate Universe] (More tags will be added if content falling under it is added)
Summary: Bright Idea lives a fairly good life after the war with the Zebra Empire ends. He's got a nice job, a loving wife, and an absolutely amazing filly. Nothing could be better. But one fateful day, Bright's world is torn from him and he is forced to come to terms with a harsh new reality; one that directly contradicts the life he knew. As Bright begins to acclimate to the wastes, he is slowly pulled into a plot that threatens all of Equestria. Torn between the past and the future, Bright has to ask himself: Can one lost pony save anything?
Pitch: The Nightmare Initiative is my personal perspective on the Equestrian Wasteland (While still attempting to write something that doesn't conflict with the canon of Kkat's original story). I have fun with Bright Idea as a main character. He comes from a time before the start of the war, but ends up fighting for his survival in the wastes. There's a nice juxtaposition between his friendly, naive personality and the violence he's forced to take part in to survive.

Something that hasn't shown up (yet. And I continue this part very carefully to try to avoid spoilers) but will be important is the fact that Bright Idea will learn that his version of the war and its aftermath will differ from what actually transpired. Bright (and the reader) will get to see two distinct realities that will interweave with various truths, lies, and perceptions that will make him question not only the ponies he knew, but himself as well.

I'm hoping the story will reflect the introspection that I feel anyone travelling the wastes would develop, especially if the life you knew was one that directly contrasted the reality of the wastes. The Nightmare Initiative is a tale about finding your place in the world, new starts, and coming to terms with the truth. All in all, this story is going to be a wild ride that I hope to share with some new readers.

(Side note: This is my first attempt at writing a fanfiction that will actually be put on the internet. Any criticism, good or bad, is welcomed. I want to improve as a writer so that I can make this the best story I can possibly make it.

Edit: Side side note: I'm not very artistic, but as soon as I finish something, I'll have a cover art for the story.)

Please edit your post and follow only what is required in the template as seen below, and nothing else. Everything extra has to go. This means no cover art, either. We want each poster to have a fair chance at advertising their stories, and not everyone has the best cover art.

If you do not edit your post within the next three days, your post will be deleted.

Title: Self Explanatory. Please provide a link to the story.
Author: Same as above. Just put "Me!" if you're the author, or something :twilightsmile:
Tags: Tell us what tags the story has.
Summary: Give a very brief picture of what the story is about, preferably without spoilers.
Pitch: Tell us why we should read this, also without spoilers. This is probably the most important part, as it's what will hopefully net the story more readers

Thank you.

4729809 sorry, I wasn't aware the template was that strict. I've made the required edits. Thank you for informing me.

This is my first time promoting something, so bear with me.

Title: Fallout Equestria: The Flats

Tags: Sex,Gore,Tragedy,Dark,Crossover,Adventure, Alternate Universe

Summary: A scavenger pony is pulled into a new area and an unknown battle.

Pitch: Honestly, this is my first time writing a Fallout Equestria Fic. and any feedback I receive from it would be greatly accepted.

I've seen alot of stories and there all great in their own right. I'm not hoping they may be up there with them, i'm just asking how my handles with the rest of them.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 157