Anon-A-Miss 1,332 members · 1,274 stories
Comments ( 35 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 35

Someone should do HISHE version of Anon-A-Miss

You mean those animated youtube videos that have superman and batman in a cafe?

6375606 One question from me: Just WHAT the hairy heck is HISHE?

How it Should Have Ended (look it up on youtube)

And the difference to just about any other story in this group would be... what exactly?

It’s basically pointing the flaws of it and how it could have gone. Like one of the girls could have woken up and stopped the cmc from taking the phone

So... The same as just about any other story in this group. Someone has an idea that changes the plot of the comic in a specific direction and starts writing it down.

Yes but a realistic approach. Nothing like Sunset becomes a kamen rider or gets adopted by bruce wayne. It’s like saying super heroes can kill one villain to save thousands or something like that

So the stories in this group minus the crossovers and the ones where Sunset turns into a demon (which are more than I'd like to admit).

I'm sorry, I just don't get how this is something that this group doesn't already do every month. :unsuresweetie:

It’s fine. KR is just suggesting that it should be like the youtube video series.

More like a parody in that format.

Like this:?

Sunset: After all the work I did to be friends with you, do you really think I would throw it all away?

Humane 5: uhhh....

Sunset: Exactly, now, will you help me find who actually did it?

Humane 5: Sure!!

*2 Hours Later*

Human CMC: Dang it, you figured it out.

Which parts of the comic would need a HISHE touch?

In a sense yes. It could also be Sunset pointing out that the page is modeled with her picture and say why would she do that

Just point out and repair flaws.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure we already have three or four stories like that and none of them really managed to stretch it past a thousand words either.

There's a bunch of threads complaining that this would be more realistic or logical, and that's fair, but you can't really make a story of it because you're taking away pretty much everything there is to the story until you have nothing left.

No, what I mean is the HISHE videos are that short and random

Yup. So anyone else wanna do scenes or bits?

In that case, I like the cynical touch. :moustache:

Sweetie Belle:*Trying to take Sunset's phone*

Sunset: *wakes up needing the bathroom amd sees Sweetie* Whatcha Doing?

-Meanwhile in another universe-

Isabella Garcia-Shapiro: *Looking around* There is a disturbance in the force

-Back in Equestria Girls land-

Sweetie: Awww, F@$K

Or when Sweetie Belle tries to get the pictures but Sunset's phone is locked.

First off: I have an internet connection again. Woo!

Second:

I think the appeal of "How it should have ended" is that it's not limited by a need to actually be a story. There are examples with multiple "How it should have ended"s in the installment for a single movie. That means that it can point out all the things (All the things? ALL THE THINGS!) in a way one normally can't.

In the spirit of illustrating a point in all the wrong ways, I shall do a quick and dirty version of this taken to absolute extremes. Extreme extremes. Taken to the most absurdly extreme of all extrema to the point that it will make all onlookers turn away in horror. (Written in one spurt with minimal thought put into it and no editing whatsoever.)

(All weird bolding and whatnot is directly from the original.)

Scene:
With the other members of the main cast dispersing, Apple Bloom and Applejack are left alone in the hall (this is page 19 for those following along in the comic) and Apple Bloom is bringing Anon-a-Miss back up and asking about who Applejack told about her nickname.

Apple Bloom: You sure you didn't tell anybody else?
Applejack: Positive. What are you gettin' at Apple Bloom?

How it should have ended:

Applejack: Positive. I only ever tell anyone when you let it slip in front of them. It's far more likely that this is your fault than it having anything to do with me or my friends.

Rewind

Apple Bloom: You sure you didn't tell anybody else?
Applejack: Positive. What are you gettin' at Apple Bloom?
Apple Bloom: Well . . . Sunset only heard the story last night . . . and the colors on Anon-a-Miss' page are the same as Sunset's hair . . .

-How it should have ended-

Applejack: Dontcha see Apple Bloom? That's how I know it ain't her.
Apple Bloom: What?
Applejack: When Sunset came after me and mah friends she did it sideways, so we never knew it was her. We knew she was a bully, sure, but we all thought someone else had been the one to hurt us. I thought it was Rainbow Dash, Rainbow Dash thought it was me, Fluttershy thought it was Pinkie, so did Rarity, Pinkie thought it was Rarity and Fluttershy, and no one could see any evidence pointing to Sunset.
*pause*
Applejack: If Sunset were behind this she'd never leave so many clues pointin' to her.

*at Rarity's slumber party*

Sweetie Belle trips over something the same way Sunset tripped over Spike's tail in a shot for shot homage to the crown stealing scene from Equestria Girls. She's therefore can't steal the photos from Sunset's phone and the plot short circuits.

*later that week*

Sunset has just walked into school and greeted her friends, though her greeting faltered when she saw their expressions. (Page 26 for those following along.)

Applejack: Sunset, do you . . . have you lost your phone recently?
Sunset: Um . . . no? It's right here. Why?

How it should have ended

Applejack: Then we have a problem.
*Applejack shows Sunset her phone, which is opened to the Anon-a-Miss page*
Sunset: What!? How did she get our pictures?
Rainbow Dash: Probably the same way I got a text from Applejack telling me the date had changed.
Pinkie Pie: Or how I got a text from Fluttershy saying she didn't want a silent auction anymore.
Rarity: Someone is using your old tricks against you, dear.

[rewind]

Applejack: Sunset, do you . . . have you lost your phone recently?
Sunset: Um . . . no? It's right here. Why?
Applejack: Then you need to explain this.

How it should have ended

Sunset: This post has been live for two whole fucking days and you're only telling me about it now!? Maybe if you'd let me know sooner I'd have been able to figure out who was in a position to get the pictures off my phone without me noticing, but I have no idea now. What. The. Actual. Fuck!?

[rewind]

How it should have ended

Sunset: This is obviously a prank. There's no way she actually got over six thousand friends in the short time the account has been open. Someone's messing with us.

[rewind]

Applejack: They're not our pictures Sunset. . .

How it should have ended

Fluttershy: Um . . . I thought we agreed not to jump to conclusions.
Pinkie Pie: Yeah, we've all had, like, ages to think about how this could have happened, but Sunset's only had about ten seconds. Well, thirteen now.

rewind

Applejack: They're not our pictures Sunset. . .
Rainbow Dash: They're yours.

How it should have ended

Sunset: You seriously think so little of me that you'd just assume that I'm guilty after asking one question that didn't even directly relate to the issue at hand? I put up with all of the abuse and "no offence"s for this? To Hell with it, I'm out of here.

rewind

Rainbow Dash: They're yours

How it should have ended

Rainbow Dash, cont. : which means that we can narrow down the suspects to people who were around you spesifically.
Pinkie Pie: Are you ready for an awesome detective adventure in which we do epic things to find the truth and clear your name?

*let's get to another scene*

Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash are sitting together in the cafeteria, acrimonious chaos surrounds them. (Page 34)

Fluttershy: Do you really think Sunset Shimmer is Anon-a-Miss.

How it should have ended

Rainbow Dash: Wait, you mean we left her crying her eyes out, on her knees, in the hallway when you weren't even sure?

[rewind]

Rainbow Dash: I don't know. I don't want to believe it

How it should have ended

Fluttershy: But you haven't done anything about it. You haven't even considered that there might be other possibilities. You've certainly acted like you want to believe it.
Rainbow Dash: You're right. I have. We all have. If we don't want to believe it, why are we acting like this is the thing we've been waiting for since we first agreed to look after Sunset? If we aren't completely sure, maybe we actually should look for the truth instead of assuming we already know it and refusing to give the matter a second glance.
Fluttershy: That really does sound like something protagonists would do.
Rainbow Dash: I know! How we've been acting isn't just completely out of character, it's like bad Darring Do fanfic where the author twists the characters to fit their plot, destroying the very qualities that made them main characters in the process, rather than allowing the plot to flow naturally from the initial situation and how the various characters react to it.
*Fluttershy and Rainbow Dash look directly into the camera*

rewind

Rainbow Dash: I don't know. I don't want to believe it, but . . . who else could have gotten all our secrets?
Fluttershy: I know what you mean. We let her into our hearts and now . . .
Rainbow Dash: She was our friend! More than a friend -- she was family!

How it should have ended

Fluttershy: I guess you're right. If we suspected Scootaloo, Zephyr Breeze, Apple Bloom, Limstone Pie, Marble Pie, Maud Pie, or Sweetie Belle instead of Sunset, we'd treat them exactly the same way.
Rainbow Dash: Um . . . Yeah, right, whatever, I have to get out of here *under breath* and give Sunset the benefit of the doubt.

rewind

Rainbow Dash: She was our friend! More than a friend -- she was family!
Fluttershy: Maybe . . . I guess even family can make mistakes.
Rainbow Dash: I don't know if you can forgive them, though.

How it should have ended

Scootaloo, who had been listening from off screen: Shit.

*Scene the next*

Sunset and Twilight are discussing (via journal) what happened and Twilight brings up the Windigos for not apparent reason. An image of the school hallway with re-imagined human-form very-female Windigos gleefully flying around students that have vaguely possessed looking angry eyes. (Page 36)

Sunset: Do you think there are Windigos in this world?

How it should have ended

Twilight: I don't know, but it's a possibility we need to consider.
[cut to epic magic battle against Windigos]

Twilight: Sometimes all you can do is stay strong. Remember who you are. And find your family.

How it should have ended

*five minutes later*
Twilight: What are you doing here Sunset?
Sunset: Finding my family.
*points a hoof at Twilight*
Sunset: Found a sibling. Now let's go find her royal momjesty. I've been out of the world for too long. It's time to stop pretending to be a human and start being a unicorn again.

(Note that this is a found family thing so the relations aren't blood ones.)

Scene the next

unknown person: Too many secrets
[action]
unknown person: Too many secrets

How it should have ended

Robert Redford: "Setec" doesn't mean anything.
*Robert Redford and Mary McDonnell use scrabble pieces to rearrange the letters of "Setec Astronomy" in an attempt to find out what it's an anagram for*

Snowdrop: Twilght (sci-twi) can you get me some cable and an IO interface please.
*Sunset, Sci-Twi, and Snowdrop investigate the black box while Robert Redford and Mary McDonnell slowly discard possibilities until they finally realize that "Setec Astronomy" stands for "too many secrets". Simultaneously Snowdrop and her group find the hidden functionality of the black box*

The groups come together and start going to sites with security so powerful as to be uncrackable by any normal means. Plugging it into the black box instantly gets them access and decrypts all of the information therein.

Sunset: How is this possible?
Snowdrop: Cryptography systems are built on mathematical problems so complex they cannot be solved without a key.
Mary McDonnell: Janek must have found a way to solve those problems without the key and he hardwired it into that chip.
Sunset: That's how they got the pictures of my phone!

Also staring Ben Kingsley and Sidney Poitier with a brief appearance by James Earl Jones.

Rewind a metric fuckton

Sunset, having just been knocked to the floor in the hall is in the midst of a breakdown, eyes shut but tears still pouring first, muscles tense, legs hugged into her chest, and surrounded by some very angry students. (Page 37)

Unknown Person: Traitor
Unknown Person: Too Many Secrets.
Unknown Person: How could she. (Why does this have a period instead of a question mark?)

Now the students have the possessed looking angry eyes from the panel with the Windigos as they surround Sunset in a very threatening manner. (two page spread, which this numbering takes as a single entity, thus page 38)

Unknown Person: Thief.
Unknown Person: Hope she does more.
Unknown Person: Spill all the secrets.
Unknown Person: What kind of monster.
Unknown Person: Too many secrets.
Unknown Person: Who would do this.
Unknown Person: Ruined my life.

How it should have ended

Luna: You all have detention! I don't care if she's guilty or not, we do not allow bullying in the halls.
*Luna takes Sunset somewhere safe and also makes sure to find out if "Ruined my life" is histrionics or actually true*

Scene the next

Sunset confronts the human five at their usual hangout, is rudely told to get out (with postures suggesting it will be backed up by violence) but manages to get them to read the journal (page 40)

Sunset: You're more than my friends-- you're my family.

The scene progresses for a while until the truth comes out. Sunset is tackle glomped by Apple Bloom as part of the apology, which she accepts. (page 44, it's a long damn scene)

Apple Bloom: Please forgive us, big sister!
Applejack: Of course I forgive you Apple Bloom. You're family.

How it should have ended

Sunset: So, given how you didn't treat me remotely like that, I guess I was wrong when I said we were family on the first page of this scene.
*everything stops for a pregnant pause*
Rainbow Dash: Well, Fluttershy and I were talking over lunch a while back and we think of you as family.
Fluttershy: Mm-hmm.
Rainbow Dash: We just hold family to a higher standard than "anything goes" Applejack.
Scootaloo: So . . .
Rainbow Dash: You're not forgiven. Yet.

Rewind

How it should have ended

Apple Bloom: Thank-- wait. Yer just sayin' that so that Sunset thinks she has no choice but to forgive you, ain't ya?

Rewind

How it should have ended

Rairty: But you three aren't the only ones who need to be forgiven.
Pinkie Pie (to Sunset): We are so, so, sooooo sorry for not trusting you and denouncing you in public and making you the target of mass bullying and turning your life into a living Hell after we built you up in such a way that it made you crash and burn all the harder, and it sounds like a lot when you say it all at once but can you forgive us, Sunset?
Fluttershy: We promise to do better in the future.
Sunset: It's not going to be like this never happened, but you all forgave me for breaking up your friendships, making the school a place of suffering, and finally turning into a demon and trying to kill you. So, yes, if you're truly sorry and you try not to be the kind of people who would do the same thing again, I think I'll be able to forgive you.

Cynic, I love it. This is what I want. You should post it and more as a story.

You have an example?

But... doesn't that denounce the point of it being HISHE?

Yeah but maybe full chapters might be good.

I remember you starting a homeless Sunset story but you never finished it. Why was that?

*after the Rainbooms kick Sunset out of Sweet Snacks Cafe and Sunset trudges away upset*

"Hey kid, why don't you hang out with us"

"Yeah kid, we heard everything and we're pretty sure you're innocent"

*dumbfounded* "How!!!???"

Superman smirks, "Super hearing"

Batman, "Because I'm Batman"

"Also, Batsy is the world's greatest detective and..." , *whispers* "My day job is that of a journalist"

Oh my god, please someone make that an actual story!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 35