The Pleasant Commentator and Review Group! 1,288 members · 149 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Cromegas_Flare
Group Admin

This is a Rubric to how a story should be reviewed.

What is listed here must be in your review!

~~+~~

Mood

1. Was the material of the story (Premiss, Setting) consistent to the claimed persona of subject.
This is to detail the premiss of the story, not so much as the feel of the writing. Was the subject of the story touched? Things like that.

2. When reading, was it a smooth read, or was it hard to concentrate?
This is referring to the structure of the writing it self. Do remember that it is more so for the writers benefit to know what he can do to create a work of art that is smooth to read.

3. Upon completion of the story, did you find that the mood, and feel of the story staid consistent?

Grammar

1. We are not Grammar Nazis here, so the review for grammar is more so a rating from 1 to 5. 1 being week grammar, and being barely approved for moderation, and 5 being flawless. both ones and fives are rare and should hardly ever be used. 3 and 4 should be the most common number with sight standards, but occasionally we will find something that should be managed and improved. As a reviewer, it is your duty to help inform the author about major errors, and be respectful in pointing them out.

Style

1. Every author has his/her own style, his/her own signature. As you read, be aware to how the author writes. Commentate as you notice things you especially enjoyed reading his or her story. Point out things that seem to clash with how the story should go, and point out things that made a particular seen pop out.

2. Sometimes, authors will use dialogue and thought in different manners than a standard story. As you read stories, you will notice variations from first person, and third person points of view. Even, when you are lucky, a second person point of view. As you read and notice this, make notes to how the dialogue is used, and even thoughts as a given character is going about. How was it done? was it effective? how do you think it could be made better? -This is probably one of the more important things to point out, since it is critical to any story.

Rating

1. All reviewers are allowed to have their own rating system. However if you want a default, her is how Cromegas_Flare is doing his rating system.

{Needs work}

{I enjoyed it}- This earns a like

{You must read this!}- This earns a Favorite

{A Masterpiece!}

↑↑This earns a Blog Promotion, also an Shameless Self Promotion thread!↑↑

Video Reviews

Video Reviews are allowed, however.... There needs to be a written review as well. It does not have to be as detailed, but must have enough to inform a person without watching the video. This is because some people are on devices that can not play videos. So here are some rules about video addition reviews.

1) Must have the links to the story and the author in the review (written) {Exception is with NSFW stories, but the author must still be linked}

2) Must have the rating to the story!

3) Must have your thoughts on the story, enough to grab a readers interest.

4) Redacted, for now

~~+~~

Thread Tittle Format

[Review/Commentary]Tittle{Tag} *Rating*

The ** can be replaced by "" if you want. And the rating is and optional involvement.

~~+~~

Review Examples

Video Review Examples

~~+~~

Now if you have any other things you want to add in, or if you have any questions concerning the rubric. Feel free to PM Cromegas_Flare, or any other Admin.

I would also like to personally thank Biker_Dash for his help to being the web master. If you have noticed the head page of this group is now presentable professionally! Also the group banner was made by him, so give him your thanks! He deserves much!

~~+~~

Now to you fellow writers, if there is anything I missed that you want to be reviewed on, please send me a PM (or other Admin) so I can add it to this thread! My goal with this is not to only help others know how to review, but also help you guys get better at writing!

~Make Life an Adventure~
Mr. Flare:moustache:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1