FIMFiction UserScripts 383 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 61 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 61
Selbi
Group Admin

It's cool to see this site getting updated continuously, especially when new features get implemented based on the scripts that were created by some users in this group! But with progression always comes a small part of regression too. Things that used to work fine are no longer working properly or maybe not at all.

If you notice any problems with the userscripts after an update, please report them here!

Do note that this thread is not for feature requests, but only for bugfixing.

LunaTheFox
Group Contributor

I'm aware that the emote scripts are all broken. Unfortunately the earliest I'll be able to work on fixing them will be late tonight since I'm in the middle of traveling for a business trip when I stop working 12 hour work days. No modules should need updating when I'm done, just reinstalling.

FimFiction Advanced seems completely broken.

Lots of Green and Red Bars

ssokolow
Group Contributor

For the record, if any of my creations are broken, the fastest way to get them fixed is to PM me since, last I checked, subscribing for e-mail notification of all non-reply thread updates still isn't an option.

It's fixed now. Sollace is pretty quick.

3743710 Fimfic Advanced is dead!

Find it at the usual download location, here.

3743710 3744120
Control Freak is broken, along with Prompt Maker and the Random Story buttons. The Random Story button is now underneath the comment form, since I'm using the pin comments to window script.

Selbi
Group Admin

Updated Random Story Button.

Majin Syeekoh

Noseyhound is broken

Majin Syeekoh

Nvm, found the fix.

ssokolow
Group Contributor

I don't recognize any of those names and I re-checked both my Userstyles and my Greasyfork profiles. Why was I notified?

Because I couldn't remember whose scripts were whose. :twilightsheepish:

Fimfic Advanced is broken again. Story pages bring up an error dialogue.

3747704 Um, I get the feeling this might just be something on my end, but I cannot for the life of me figure out what that might be. Random Story Button, for me at least, is unable to 'initialize' the total number of stories on the first Refresh. I click Refresh, it says [No New] and then when I try and click the button I'm brought to a story does not exist page for the following url: https://www.fimfiction.net/story/NaN

I highly doubt I'm looking for story number 'Not a Number'. I've at least determined that it's not due to interference from any other scripts I'm running. Chrome is up to date, as is Tampermonkey. It's not working on Firefox either. So, uh, yeah… no idea what's wrong.

Edit: Holy crap! I didn't know FIMFiction was now able to recognise urls in comments and turn them into links without the user using BBCode. That's pretty damn awesome (at least for few seconds… it wears off quickly).

To elaborate on the FiMFiction Advanced problem, here's the error dialogue:

1):FimFiction Advanced) UnHandled Exception: TypeError: arguments.splice is not a function

2):FimFiction Advanced) Logger/this.Error@file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Application%20Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/tq48sowx.default-1392872642421/gm_scripts/FimFiction_Advanced-2/outgoing:4197:9 applyChapterfix@file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Application%20Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/tq48sowx.default-1392872642421/gm_scripts/FimFiction_Advanced-2/outgoing:1483:9 @file:///C:/Documents%20and%20Settings/Administrator/Application%20Data/Mozilla/Firefox/Profiles/tq48sowx.default-1392872642421/gm_scripts/FimFiction_Advanced-2/outgoing:171:37

3):FimFiction Advanced) ===Logging Paused===

So I don't know if this is happening to anyone else, but Grease Monkey seems to break the comment system on stories for me. Am I the only one getting this? The only scripts I'm running are the preview button and mark all read/unread buttons.

PM Preview Button is broken. It doesn't show up at all.

Anyone else getting really weird things under the extra emoticons add-on? The Roundstable ones work fine; but the extras in all three (extra, clapping, wet mane) are showing me 'loading' circles, screenshots, humans, and stuff.
For example, (which is :s:apple_bloom:) is showing a preview of Spike on the ground and then nothing in the preview box or when I post it.

The Hide Comments script is no longer functioning for me.

The preview PM button shows up for some reason in the nav bar only on the forum pages of groups.

If I figure anything out about why these are happening, I'll edit this comment.

arcum42
Group Admin

Here, see how this version of the Preview button script works for you. knighty changed some of the names around...

--arcum42

Selbi
Group Admin

Wow, I actually must thank you for reporting that script. Not only because of it being broken, but also because I've realized how incredibly unoptimized it was. And interestingly enough, I posted that script almost exactly a year ago. It's astounding how much I've learned within these past 365 days. :rainbowlaugh:

Script fixed!

3874265 No problem! :twilightsmile:

It works great now and even hides the related stories box on the final chapter of stories.

Now if only Random Story Button decided to stop doing weird things for me…

Extra Emoticons isn't there after site update. Do I need to redownload it or did the update bork it completely?

3743710 Hey, found an error in this userscript here: https://userstyles.org/styles/95784/fim-fic-dark-theme

I love using this dark theme, but when I hit the button to look at a story's stats, all I see is the story's name. The rest of the text that shows how many bookshelves the story is in, etc etc, is the same color as the background of that box. Any idea how to fix this? :heart:

3743710 Not sure if it's just me or anyone else. But I've noticed a few comments I've tried to respond to in blogs gave me the failed notice, is that just a random bug or is this common among some of the other users?

3743710 I just opened a new tab and it fixed itself, if you want to look into it that's great. Either way thank you for keeping the site running.

This should probably be directed to knighty here; but first I'd try closing all the fimfiction tabs and if that didn't work, restarting my browser.

Selbi
Group Admin

5066267 5066272
Unfortunately, with the new site update a lot of non-cosmetic feature got broken. I'll try to dig through the pile one by one and see what needs fixing. This can either be a pretty quick task or take forever, depending on how much there is to correct.

5066272 Ya I did that then after opening it back up it fixed itself, but thanks for the heads up.

Well, I know Nosey Hound broke. It now turns up a fimfiction 404 error when I try to open its info window.

Selbi
Group Admin

That script is property of Sollace, not me. You can message him, though he's always been pretty fast at fixing that particular script (nobody wants to admit it, but this is likely the most used script :ajsmug:).

5066278 Alright, thank you for the heads up.

I'm getting this error:

1):Extra Emoticons) ===Logging Started===
2):Extra Emoticons) Unhandled Exception: ReferenceError: FimFicEvents is not defined
3):Extra Emoticons)
ReferenceError: FimFicEvents is not defined
at finalInit (eval at v (eval at exec (unknown source)), :1460:11)
at eval (eval at v (eval at exec (unknown source)), :1046:9)
at Object.eval (eval at v (eval at exec (unknown source)), :1727:7)
at :2:95
at GM_info.Logger.test (eval at v (eval at exec (unknown source)), :4:1)
at Object.eval (eval at v (eval at exec (unknown source)), :5:3)
at v (eval at exec (unknown source), :52:475)
at eval (eval at (unknown source), :1:25)
4):Extra Emoticons) ===Logging Paused===

And the emoticon bar is kinda mis-sized now and all emotions (even site ones) are all in one column.
watch it be just 'restart the browser' but I have too many tabs open to do that

One of the Fimfiction mods I have installed includes the ability to place bookmarks in my high-priority stories, but there is a numbering error.

Specifically, there is a discrepancy between the two.

Sollace
Group Admin

Are you still having this problem, or has it been fixed?

It tends to split them into pages of ten, so your missing ones might be on page two.

Sorry, I don't get notified at all when someone comments in here. Bugs should really be sent to me by a comment on my profile or a PM, otherwise I don't even know there's an issue.

Haven't seen it since that evening. :shrug:

Sollace
Group Admin

Okay then.

Probably just a temporary thing. There was a short time when that happened due to an issue with FimficEvents.

Sollace
Group Admin

You can update the script. It should be fixed now.

Sollace
Group Admin

Just reinstall from where you got it.

I think greasemonkey can check for updates but I never fully trust it.

(issues was that the gui wouldn't delete them, they'd just be hidden until you go to the chapter where they were placed. Deleting should now remove them from knighty's servers immediately)

Remaining words and Meta checker script no longer work together. (Seems that the meta checker is broken) (these scripts)
Using only the remaining words script, everything works fine, the remaining words script gives the correct time estimates:

But using the remaining words script and the meta checker script together makes the reading time display as 1 minute for everything:

Using only the meta checker with the remaining words script disabled, and then clicking on the meta check buttons gives broken images:

I tried deleting and re-downloading the scripts (from here) but still the same results.

With the new update, pinning the comment form to window by yrfoxtaur is now broken in the sense that it no longer collapses once you remove your mouse from the box; it is permanently open.

arcum42
Group Admin

I’m relatively confident that with the new update, practically every script for the site is broken. This was the massive update mentioned in this thread.

--arcum42

Yup. I’ve already cycled through individual scripts. They’re pretty much all broken now.

arcum42
Group Admin

Some of them aren’t needed any more, at least, like the one for previewing pms. I figured the transition to not using jquery would break most stuff.

Incidentally, for anyone looking for the shade of green for the toolbar, this is what it used to be:

.user_toolbar>ul {
    background: #7f8e54;
    background: -webkit-gradient(linear, left top, left bottom, color-stop(0%, #7f8e54), color-stop(100%, #73804c));
    background: -webkit-linear-gradient(top, #7f8e54 0%, #73804c 100%);
    background: linear-gradient(to bottom, #7f8e54 0%, #73804c 100%);
    border-bottom: 1px solid #616c40;
    text-align: center;
    border-color: rgba(0,0,0,0.2);

I figure someone’s going to tackle that...

--arcum42

Selbi
Group Admin

I wish I could bring some more uplifting news to you guys, but the fact of the matter is that everything’s pretty much dead from here. There was a time where I treated the Remaining Words & Meta Checker script like my own child, but I’ve moved on with MLP.

There might be a time where I’m exceedingly bored and fix all of these, but for now I can’t really be bothered. Sorry.

Fimfiction Advanced is now broken as well.

arcum42
Group Admin

Suppose I should tag it as such. This is what Sollace said earlier:

Currently *most* of my scripts are likely broken. I’ve got almost everything in Fimfiction Advanced working again, and Nosey Hounds works (save for some bugs still present in FimFicEvents).

--arcum42

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 61