... You may be a terrible person, but so long as you click this link, I forgive you.
Well, I'm done. My first actual, serious, complete piece of fanfiction. You know, it's funny, as of two minutes ago when I updated it, there's not a single downvote. I expect that to change, of course, but I just thought it was worth pointing out.
Now then, the traditional after-story wordvomit.
There you have it, folks. I’m done. This is the first substantial piece of creative writing I’ve undertaken since last February. I guess I’ll just give y’all some fun facts.
* This was originally a spin-off of IceOfWaterFlock’s Twilikirinverse. Go ahead and check it out, it’s awesome. Unfortunately, that version kinda sucked, so I rewrote more or less the whole thing.
* Seriously, you have no idea how bad the first draft was. Racism and homophobia, if not handled right, can be shockingly offensive, and therefore shockingly hilarious, but this was supposed to be more-or-less serious. One bottle of Prozac later, and this is the end product.
* Writing is like murdering a hooker. No, I won’t explain that analogy. Figure it out for yourself.
* I’ve been working on this story since the beginning of April. It’s been in a state of near-completion since around the 20th of that month, but little hooks (How do I end this scene? Is this dialogue really necessary? What the hell is a Grad Transition form and why do I need to fill it out?) kept me from publishing it. Now it’s done. I feel like I’ve given birth. My child is a strange, slightly surreal romance between two ponies who probably wouldn’t ever meet, let alone fall in love. God, why didn't I use a condom?
* This is the third draft of my author’s notes. Here’s hoping it’s not too long-winded, I do tend to get rather talkative (typative?) when I finish something.
Well, I'll see you lot next time, till then remember, winners don't do dogs.