• Published 29th Apr 2013
  • 722 Views, 12 Comments

Forgotten Romance - Aetaes Wolf



Hearts and Hooves day has arrived, but one pony isn't celebrating. Cadance decides to cast a love charm on Mystic and is shocked when she finds who else was affected by the charm.

  • ...
14
 12
 722

Daily Routine

Mystic walks up to her room, having her fill of breakfast and ready to get to work. Mystic carries a small tray full of fruits with her magic, as snacks if she needs more energy when she works. She opens her door and sit at her desk, placing the tray beside her. She uses her magic to get a beautiful golden tiara, topped with a light blue sapphire. Her places the tiara on her head and closes her eyes. She found herself jumping around from different ponies all across Equestria. Okay, let's see now... She jumps from pony to pony, looking for any signs of danger.


Not long after lunch Mystic decided to take a break. She closed her eyes and opened them again, finding herself back in her own room. She takes off her tiara and places it on her desk. A few grass fire from careless ponies, nothing really major. She walked down her towers, and headed for the garden. She like to walk in among the statues, it helped clear her thoughts. Though, some of the statues creeped her out a bit, especially the weeping pegasi. Mystic found herself walking in the hedge maze, her mind full of thoughts of the recent dreams. They have all been memory dreams, but why am I having them? I thought they stopped long ago. It's been over a thousand years since she'd had any memory dreams. She had been able to control them, and send them away. Yet, they have returned, and she can't control them like she could before. Mystic reaches the center of the maze and lays on the grass. The dreams have all been leading to one thing, one thing I don't want to see ever again. She sighs. Her past has a dark secret, only those who were caught in it know of it.


She walked in the garden for what seemed like hours, and has now settled down in the dining hall to have dinner. Once again the table was stacked full of different food and drinks. The night shift was just waking up and getting their breakfast before heading off to their duties. A white alicorn and Luna sat beside Mystic, eating food of their choice. Mystic just had her usual dinner, some fruit, a bit of pasta, and non-alcoholic apple cider. She took a sip of her cider when the white pony spoke up. "Luna tells me you've been having memory dreams again. Is this true?"

Mystic puts her glass down and looks at the alicorn. "Yes. I have, but I cannot control these ones like before. Celestia, I don't know why, but something won't let me control them."

Mystic lets out a sigh. "I know what memory comes next. One you know I don't want to see."

Luna and Celestia look at each other, concerned looks on their faces. Mystic lowers her head a bit, and Celestia gently puts her hoof on Mystic's shoulder. "Perhaps, you have been working yourself too hard. Go get some rest. Tomorrow you'll go to the Crystal Empire with Cadance, so you can relax for a few days."

Mystic blinks. "What? B-but I haven't- A-and my duties! I-I have t-"

Celestia raises a hoof and Mystic closes to mouth, knowing to be silent. Celestia gives a gentle smile. "We'll handle your duties while you're gone. Go rest, and don't worry, remember what I taught you?"

Mystic breaths in and out. "Keep looking forward, don't look back. Sometimes looking back can weigh you down, and halt your progress. Always keep an open mind, and remember what's important."

Celestia nods. "Good. Now go, and don't worry."

Mystic nods. She get up and walks out. She notices Celestia whisper something into Luna's ear. Mystic guesses Celestia told Luna to keep an eye on her dreams. She walks back up her tower to her room. Moonlight filters through the window and Mystic lights a candle, cleaning up her desk so it looks tidy. Mystic blows out the candle and gets in her bed, her eyes wander to her window and she looks at Luna's moon. Luna always know how to make nights beautiful. Mystic yawns and rests her head on her pillow, and lets herself drift off to sleep.

Author's Note:

Sorry, this took awhile to write! But for those of you who don't get the idea:
Mystic's cutie mark is the Eye of Anibus, (anyone get the reference yet?) she can see in the hearts and minds of other ponies. She uses her ability to search for any danger. If it's small, like a small grass fire, she gets the pony she's viewing from to deal with it. If it's something really dangerous, like I don't know...a changeling hive..? She'll contact Princess Celestia and Luna. Now, usually she can only use her power on a pony that's close to her, but Princess Celestia enchanted her tiara, so it acts as an amplifier for her magic. There, I've explained it, I'm not explaining it again. Another short chapter. :derpytongue2: