• Published 25th Apr 2013
  • 898 Views, 19 Comments

Can't capture colors - IntenseMystics



Rainbow dash was given a place and time to break a new record, one she could call her own but what happens when she achieves her goal but is spit into a world unknown, with strange animals who want her color and her freedom.

  • ...
6
 19
 898

Prologue: Cosmic starburst

I slowly looked up the mountain top, the sharp rocks protruding from every ledge, snow just threatened to tumble down and drown a pony in its icy cold grip. It’s perfect. I set my body down low to the ground spread my wings in slow anticipation. My tail flicked side to side with the beat of my heart, I breathed heavily once through my nose letting out a puff of white. My eyes narrowed into a furled and suddenly a snowflake floated onto my nose. I launched off the snow ground my rainbow tail gleaming through the snow. I flapped my wings once and pushed farther off the ground and towards the top of the mountain. With every wing beat my speed gained and my breath became more rapid and jagged. My eyes narrowed against the wind and my mane tugged at my neck. I felt myself slowly fall into the speed demon inside. The explosion inside of me showed me I had gone into a rainboom but that was not what I was looking for.
Slowly the speed got faster and faster until my wings hurt from the pressure, I was so close to the top now, I speed towards it with agility and overconfidence. I reached the tip of the mountain and angled my body so I could launch upwards. My hooves hit solid rock and I was pushed up even faster and farther. With expertise I locked my wings and rolled in the air, my eyes closing to feel the wind rushing against my face. My eyes flew open and I propelled myself towards the peak of the mountain. I felt better than I had ever, this was my time. My breathing rapid as the snow pounded against my face trying to tug me back from the white covered peak. Everything slowed down as I brushed past adrenaline and pushed through to something new. My wings went even faster as I went towards the top. My face just a few feet away from the top when I felt that last boundary break, shatter into tiny pieces.
“COSMIC STARBURST!” I screamed the name into the unforgiving snowy wind, The sky suddenly darkening and turning to a pitch black. Little lights started appearing all over the darkness growing and shrinking in seconds. Like the night sky progressing over a millennium within a couple seconds in front of my eyes. Suddenly pain blinded my body, I let go of my posture and shagged just a little bit. Light of every colour exploded and I was spit out into a pile of trees only for me to collapse into pain after what had happened.

A young man slowly walked down the path occasionally stopping to listen to the sounds of the forest. On his shoulder sat a small plump yellow creature, At his belt sat 5 red and white balls. His face completely concentrated on what he was looking for. He stopped and whipped out a piece of paper to examine the continents of it. A description of a large blue bird was shown in clear detail going all the way into the way it leaves it’s mark in the dirt. He slowly folded the paper and crouched down to look at a bird shaped footprint. His red eyes gazed intently for a while, fully examining the print and taking into account every bit of information it had to offer to his piercing gaze. The small rodent on his shoulder flicked it’s ears and started to climb down onto the ground. He reached the ground careful to not disturb the foot print his master was so carefully examining, the rodents gaze slowly made its way to the sky and made just the suddleist of movements but in an instant his master was letting his gaze pierce through the heavy tree leaves and into the sky. The sky darkened and shadows started to form all around. The forest animals all at once stopped their gazes also to the darkening sky. Suddenly a noise blasted through the ears of every creature and they all took off running, the forest was alive with creatures of all size scrambling to get away from the noise. Slowly the young man reached for the red and white balls at his side and grabbed one with precision. He threw it up into the air and an explosion of light erupted from the ball producing a large orange reptilian creature with wings. The yellow critter scrambled up his masters arm and sat with a firm grip on his shoulder. The man had a look of pure devilish excitement, his red eye’s looking to the sky at his prize. He swiftly climbed onto the reptilian creature and it took off immediately, powering through the moving forest and through the treetops to the sky. He broke through the top and started to hover as a wave of wind shook the trees down to their very roots. They watched in anticipation as a dark splotch formed in the sky. A blue shape fell from the black abyss in the sky, the man and his creatures were completely focused on the splotch watching as it fell. Suddenly the man cracked an almost evil smile and pointed towards to the shape. The reptile looked once at the finger and roared louder than normal to show it was ready and powered off towards the shape at a great speed.

My body was having waves of pain shiver down my spine; I was completely ignoring the outside world as my body hurt everywhere. There was no escape from the pain, it was there and it certainly was not going to let me forget it. Finally I started to realize that the pain was subsiding and that I could feel the world again. I felt the wind tugging at me everywhere and slowly opened an eye. I was in extreme pain and I was going to crash land. I struggled to open my wings, do anything at all to stop myself from falling to my death but every time I succeeded my body gave a horrendous lurch and would stop moving. I heard a loud noise through my blinding pain, It was not a happy voice at all. I forced my eyes open to see what was around me. Powering towards me was orange dragon with a creature on its back with a look of great evil pleasure, not Evil but still sort of evil. The dragon approached me and I tried to struggle but couldn't suddenly the dragon blasted me with fire and through the fire I saw the glint of something small but then it all went black.