• Published 3rd May 2013
  • 3,335 Views, 66 Comments

Hollow - Demonfire463



Three undead explore into a new realm and cannot escape some of their nightmares from Lordran, but will try to protect the ponies they come to care for. They fend from chaos, demons, and some other undead to protect the friends they have made.

  • ...
7
 66
 3,335

Chapter 26 The Chaos Demon

Chapter 26
Agroth POV

We march through the chaos-filled Ponyville, on a mission to end Discord's madness. When we reach Discord, he is sitting on some kind of throne, like a prince of mayhem. He sees us and hovers in the air.
"You never give up do you?"
"The guilty pay the price!" I charge at him immediately. I swing the hammer with great power, it connects with the side of his head and sends him flying. Joshua rushes to where he landed and the ponies put on some sort of necklaces, Twilight puts on a crown. Joshua sets him up in flames and a Soul Spear hits Discord's serpentine body. I drop the hammer and grasp my talisman. Solaire's Lightning Spear zooms past my head as I get closer to Discord. The chaos demon stands, I use the Wrath of the Gods miracle. Again, he is thrown far away from me. He stands up, bleeding badly.
"You don't know what you're getting yourselves into." Solaire and I hold lightning in our hands, Joshua has a large flame ready for pyromancy, and Arthur is preparing a large Crystal Soul Spear. "Very well." We all release our various magics at him. The lightning strikes him, he is engulfed in a large pillar of lava-spewing fire, and the Soul magic hits him as well. When the fire goes out, Discord just sits there nonchalantly.
"What? How are you still alive?! That's-"
"Impossible? That doesn't make sense? Remember who you're fighting here." I pick up my hammer once more. I feel my rage swelling up inside me, I feel a desire to end him. I run at him with a battle cry. He just smiles and awaits my attack. Before I can crush him, a spear hits me in the stomach. "Oh my, I'm terribly sorry." He chuckles. I rip the spear out and drink a dose of my Estus Flask. I charge at him again, but this time I raise my shield before the spear can hit me. I swing downward fiercely and crush him to the ground, my rage making me seem so much stronger. I use the power of the greatshield and my skin turns to stone. I hold my talisman over the Chaos Demon's Great Hammer and cast Darkmoon Blade. Lastly, I cast Replenishment on myself. He desperately conjures and hurls weapons at me. Spears, daggers, arrows, bolts, and swords all bounce off my armor and stone skin. I see fire, lightning, and magic all hit him. I crush his head with the great hammer. It doesn't kill him, but he is definitely hurt from the massive power and quantity of our attacks. He struggles to stand, I struggle to stay standing. He looks behind me and his expression changes to that of fear. I turn to see a blinding light, then everything goes silent for a moment. The Elements of Harmony slowly hover to the ground. I turn back to Discord, who is sealed in stone with the look of fear still on his face. All the chaos is gone and Ponyville is back to normal.
"What? What just happened?" Arthur asks.
"We stopped Discord, like the princess wanted." Twilight says.
"Fair enough." The pyromancer says.
"Great." I'm exhausted from that battle, my anger has subsided, and I just want to rest. The sun and our long shadows show it's late afternoon, and a good victory has us all fairly tired out it seems. The ponies talk and giggle about our victory, the three undead walk over to me.
"Well, that's over." Solaire says. "I always believed we could do it!"
"Believed? I knew we would!" Arthur says. He casts a spell, turns human, and puts his robes back on. "Say, what time is it?"
"Almost evening by the looks of it." Joshua says. The six walk over to us.
"The princess probably wants to see us, we should head back to Canterlot." Twilight says. She has a point, I imagine the one who gave us this quest should see that it is complete.
"Fair enough. Let's be off then." I say.

The doors open and the Elements of Harmony walk ahead of us to the princess. The four of us march behind them. Celestia stands at her place, above the gathered masses of ponies.
"We are gathered here today to once again honor the heroism of these six friends, and these four undead, who triumphed over Discord and saved Equestria from eternal chaos!" The ponies all cheer. The princess uses her magic to pull back a curtain on the wall. Underneath, there is a large stained glass window. The artwork portrays the Elements of Harmony, the four of us, and Discord. Solaire and I are holding Lightning Spears, about to be thrown, Soul magic is coming from Arthur's catalyst, fire from Joshua's hands, and beams of light from the Elements of Harmony. The crowd cheers even louder than before. I smile at this, I had never been recognized for my accomplishments in battle.

Back at Rainbow Dash's house, the sun is setting. It's nice to have been honored for a battle for once. Rainbow flies in and lands next to me. I wear only the chainmail of my armor now. I'm just sitting down and staring out the window.
"That was awesome." She says tiredly. "You were good in that fight today with Discord."
"Thank you."
"I've never seen you so winded after a battle. You really fought hard huh?"
"Indeed. And even though I'm strong, swinging that massive stone hammer around isn't always easy."
"Sure fooled me, you swing that thing around like it's a toy." She smiles contently. "I'm glad to have you back." She wraps one wing around me.
"It's nice to be back." I wrap my arm around her. We stare at the setting sun. "Celestia's doing that?"
"Yep. Her magic is really strong."
"I can tell."
"You're not gonna leave again are you?" I pause.
"I don't know honestly. One of us four is the Chosen Undead. We are destined to defeat the corrupted Lord Gwyn and Link the Flame."
"Link the Flame?"
"We sacrifice our own soul to keep the fire lit. Thus continuing the Age of Fire."
"So if you're the one...I'll...never see you again?" We both stop. I look away.
"There's only a one in four chance."
"I don't like those odds, please don't go back. Please!"
"I may have to. I don't know yet. Whichever of us defeats Lord Gwyn is chosen."
"They can defeat him, they're strong! Can't you just stay here?" I sigh in response. I look out at the orange and blue clouds in the darkening sky. I hug her tight, she returns it without hesitation.
"Why don't I just sleep on it. In the morning maybe I can tell you an answer. How about it?" She sniffs.
"Okay." She releases the hug. "You probably think I'm pretty sappy now huh?"
"Sappy? What's that?"
"Emotional, weak, you know."
"I don't think you're that at all. Even I get like that every once in a while, less so before I came to Equestria."
"Why?"
"I guess I was just being numbed by all the battle. The death, the fighting, the struggle, it was all getting to me. The worst part was the lonliness. I scarcely met another undead that didn't want to kick me down into a pit or stab me in the back. And when I did they went hollow or were killed somehow and I never saw them again. Solaire is the one companion I've made that I still have the honor of him fighting by my side." There is another pause.
"We should get some sleep."
"I'll join you in a while, I'd like to look at Luna's moon for a little bit."
"Alright, goodnight Agroth."
"Goodnight Rainbow Dash." She lies down in the bed in the center of the room, leaving me by the window to stare up at the sky. I'm probably not the chosen one anyway. She's right, they could handle Gwyn one by one or with each other. Especially Arthur. Joshua has gotten stronger, and Solaire has fought great monsters that double his size and power. He's even helped me when I struggled. The stars begin to peek out of the dark sky, each one like a shining diamond in the blackness. It somewhat reminds me of The Abyss. The Abyss! I had almost forgotten what I was doing in Lordran before I came here! The Four Kings must still be defeated! Well, they won't need my help for that either. I stand and walk to the side of the cloud bed. I crawl in next to Rainbow Dash, who is asleep and breathing lightly. They can handle it. Though it would be selfish and disloyal to stay here. Bah! Enough Agroth, you fool! Sleep! I begin to relax. I take off my chainmail shirt and lay shirtless against the clouds. They are incredibly soft, within a short while I fall fast asleep.