• Published 15th Apr 2013
  • 521 Views, 1 Comments

Unlike father, unlike son. - SolidFerret



Just when Hard Chord can catch a break, his father comes knocking on the front door.

  • ...
 1
 521

Strawberry Avalanche.

"Fluttershy?" Sharp Edge said.

Fluttershy simply stood there and stared back. She held her hooves to her mouth.

"Are you okay?" He asked. Getting up and walking over to her, ignoring all of the sliced up timber wolves around him.

Fluttershy backed away slightly as he approached her. Edge slowed down at the sight of her action.

"Fluttershy?" He said nervously.

Fluttershy eyes grew wide as she ran and hugged Edge tightly.

"I'm so glad to see you." She said.

"Me too." Edge said rather weakly, his hooves nearly giving out beneath him.

"Are you okay?" Fluttershy asked worryingly.

"Yeah, i'm fine." Edge lied. He felt as if the forest was sucking the life out of him. "Can we just, rest?" He said tiredly.

"Yes, we should. You don't look to good."

"Just, out of energy." Edge looked as if he was getting more tired and tired by the moment.

"From the fight?"

"From the forest." Edge corrected as he passed out.


"Come on Nova, get up." Pinkie said playfully as a passed out Nova Burst laid on the floor.

Pinkie tried the scent of a cupcake to wake him.

Nothing.

She slapped him across the face over and over again.

Nothing.

She had Pound Cake cry loudly into his ear.

Pinkie sat next to him in despair. All of her good options were used with the same results. But the ringing of the bell at the front door caught her attention. In walked Hard Chord in a very distraught state.

"Oh thank goodness. I need your help." Pinkie said as she grabbed him and pulled him over.

"Not now. Have you seen Twilight?" He asked.

"Nope. Help. Now. Please." Pinkie pleaded.

Hard Chord rolled his eyes with a sigh. Taking in a deep breath, he got right next to Nova's ear and screamed as loud as he can.

"WAKE UP!"

Nova jumped high into the air in a jolt. He took deep breaths to recover from the near attack.

After realizing he wouldn't find Twilight, he simply said "Later" and left. Leaving a nearly panicked Nova and a confused Pinkie.

"What's his problem?" Pinkie wondered. Slinging Nova over her back, she went out to investigate.


"Notes, have you seen- what the hay?" Hard Chord walked in to see vinyl cleaning Notes wings with her mouth.

"Called preening dude." Notes replied sarcastically.

"I know, have you seen Twilight?" Hard Chord asked with little patience.

"Last I saw, after seeing rainbow Dash and Soarin have a contest of swallowing each other, Applejack needed her help with something. Try her place." Notes said, rather relaxed and calm.

"Thanks." Hard Chord said as he rushed out.

Pinkie suddenly popped out from under the bed, Notes to relaxed to notice or care. Nova to confused to call out to them.

"Hm... Trouble with Twilight I see." She said as she zipped out of the room, closing the door behind her.


Twilight used magic to pick an apple while Applejack picked one naturally. They placed the two on a table in front of Caramel.

"So why am I doing this?" Twilight asked.

"Well, I just wanted to see if picking apples with magic make them taste different." Applejack turned towards Caramel, who sat there and just waited for testing to start. Applebloom sat near him with a note pad.

"Alright." Twilight said.

Applejack gave a smirk and said "Now Caramel, taste Apple number one."

Caramel did as told and took a bite out of the apple, the one Applejack picked.

"How does it taste?" She asked.

"Normal as usual." Applebloom wrote down those exact words.

"Now for Apple number two." she said.

Caramel bit into, his faced turned into a thinking one as he looked for a difference.

"It tastes less juicy."

"Good, that is all I needed you for." Caramel seemed disappointed as his ears flattened. though perked back up when Applejack gave him a peck on the cheek.

"Now whats got you down Sugarcube? I can tell it already."

"There's no use of hiding it now I guess. It's Hard Chord-"

"Apple bloom please leave." Applejack said instantly. Appebloom groaned as she trotted away.

"Well, his dad is in town. He comes to the library and they fight! Fight! Father and son!" Twilight exclaimed.

Applejack never heard that one. Father vs. Son. "Go on."

"The two wrecked the library. They were at each others throats." Twilight sat down at the memory.

"Well you do know the history between them, right?"

"I do but-"

"And did you think his dad would have been hitting back?"

"No, I never considered that."

"See, now go a-"

A loud roar sounded from Ponyville, the two instinctively ran to see what the commotion was.


Hard Chord ran through Ponyville in search of Twilight. But he overheard a conversation.

"Come on, just one more drink."

"Get out!" A mares voice said.

"But we were really hittin it off sweet cheeks, and i'm single so feel free to-"

"Your wife died, idiot!"

"I know that, but can-"

"Dad!" Hard Chord yelled out as he rounded the corner and confronted his father, Berry Punch stood in the door way with a bottle in her hooves.

"Sorry, someone let him out of his cage." Hard Chord said sarcastically as he pulled his dad away.

"What the hell is your problem!" He yelled in Lightnings face.

"Wel-"

"Don't answer that, I know the answer. Now I know there's no way in hell, but can you go talk to Twilight to convince her, that us fighting wasn't the worse thing to happen between us."

"Son, *hic* I think you forgot who you were talking to. Me. Even I know I won't help you."

"Just go tal-"

A loud roar sounded throughout Ponyville.

"What the hell was that?" Lightning asked.

"Have no clue, lets check it out."

The two ran off.

Author's Note:

I'm sick of this story by now. Next chap. is last chap.

Do you care?