• Published 24th Feb 2012
  • 8,921 Views, 45 Comments

Learning to Love: An Apple Tiara - Wolfe15



Apple Bloom and Diamond Tiara bonding over studying

  • ...
7
 45
 8,921

Ending of a Story

Chapter 5

Apple Bloom stared mares across from them, looking close to crying. "Why are they blubberin’?"

"Cuz it was a sweet moment." Apple Bloom rolled her eyes then nuzzled her.

"Ah'm goin’ to the bathroom." Apple Bloom jumped off her chair and trotted off to the bathroom and Tiara grinned.

"Well I guess I should tell the ending to our little tale. If that almost made you cry this event will. This was when I knew she was the filly for me." Tiara smiled and looked off.


Apple Bloom smiled and sat at a chair watching as Tiara sang. "Higher!" Tiara forced her voice an octave higher and Apple Bloom looked to the glass in front of her. It vibrated rapidly and she grinned. "Higher!" Tiara went higher and her face began to grow red from the strain. Suddenly the glass exploded and Apple Bloom yelled, "Stop." Tiara stopped and panted heavily. "That was amazin’!" Tiara grinned then sat heavily and giggled. The door opened to the music room and Filthy Rich looked in curiously.

"What was that?" They shook their head and he looked around nervously then left.

"What's up with yer dad?"

"He doesn't want me to sing." Apple Bloom looked at her in shock and raised an eyebrow.

"Why not?" Tiara sighed and looked away. The track changed and they paused.

Sonata Crown
We were still living downtown
My black coat thrown over my blue nightgown
You ran too fast, the lights of the city flew past
How could I ever forget?
Outside the morning was cool and wet
He had such chills but still
He lay there so still
Just 18 months old, so cold
We ran him inside
Lost, worrying, wondering
That hospital room, that gloom

(overlapping)
How could I ever forget?
Screaming at doctors
Alarmed, upset
They said too wait
They never said we were too late
But I was a child raising a child
Those weeks full of joy, then a moment of dread

Stallion (overlapping)
How could I ever forget?
I was so upset
Diana don't
You think this will help but it won't
So many years ago
So much we could not know

Sonata Crown
Someone simply said, your child is

Stallion
How could I ever forget?

Sonata Crown
How could I ever forget?

Stallion
This was

Both
the moment my life was set
That day that I lost you
It's clear as the day we met
How could I ever forget?

The music faded and they looked at the ground. "My mother didn't die when she was hit with the branch." Apple Bloom looked up and Tiara looked at the picture smiling. "She lived for three more hours but she was in a lot of pain. She told me she loved me, she told dad to watch over me, she told him...not to get caught up in his work." Apple Bloom looked down and sighed.

"He's not there, huh?"

"No. He doesn't even know my talent is singing. He thinks its business." She laughed hollowly then rubbed her eyes. Apple Bloom trotted over then nuzzled her tenderly and sat there.

"Ah'm here." Tiara smiled tiredly then nodded.

"Yes. Yes you are." Both fillies sat there for a short while and Tiara looked up. "Apple Bloom?"

"Hm?"

"Can you help me with something? I think my dad needs to really see my talent."

"What'd ya have in mind?"

"A song rewrite."


Apple Bloom smiled as Tiara nodded and looked to her. "You sound perfect. Now go get my dad?" Apple Bloom nodded and trotted off to get the business stallion then led him back. "Daddy?"

"Yes sweetie?"

"Can you sit down? I have something to tell you." He sat with a smile on his face and she gulped. Apple Bloom trotted over and smiled. Tiara smiled back then blushed when she realized something. No matter what, she would have Apple Bloom and she was really happy about that. She shook her head then looked at her father. Now was not the time for those feelings.

Tiara
One light shines in the drive
One single sign that our house is alive
Our house, our own
So why do I love there alone
Tell me why I wait through the night
And why do I leave on the light
You know, I know
Our house was a home long ago

Take this chance cause it may be our last
To be free, to let go of the past
And to try to not to ignore my young life
To let love never die not just bury your wife
Take my hand and let me take your heart
Keep you far from what keeps us apart
Let us start with a light in the dark

Night falls I stare at the walls

Apple Bloom
She stares at these walls

Tiara
I wake and wander the halls

Apple Bloom
You get lost in these halls

Tiara
And I ache to the bone

Apple Bloom
It's like nothing she's known

Both
I/She can't get through this alone.

Tiara
Take this chance and we'll make a new start
Somewhere far from what keeps us apart
And I swear that somewhere in the night
There's a light, a light in the dark

Tears rolled down his cheeks and Tiara looked down as Apple Bloom placed a hoof on her back. "Mister Rich just...please listen ter her. She needs her pa. Not a friend. Or someone who just made her." Apple Bloom moved back and Rich slowly got up and trotted over and hugged Tiara. Apple Bloom smiled and slowly back out of the room.


Apple Bloom returned and found everyone was crying. She looked to Tiara to see she was crying too and rolled her eyes. "Weirdoes." She trotted over to the register and bought another cupcake then trotted over to the table and sat, beginning to eat her cupcake. "What'd ya tell'em?"

"About the song we sang for my dad." Apple Bloom nodded then said, "Mah turn Ah guess."


Trotting down the path to the house Apple Bloom frowned. Tiara was caught up with school and this was going to be the end of her tutoring sessions...did she want them to end? Apple Bloom sighed then trotted into the house and up to Tiara's room. "Tiara?" She opened the door to her room and found her reading on her bed.

"Hey Apple Bloom, what are we learning today?"

"Test day."

"Test?" Tiara looked at her curiously and Apple Bloom giggled then trotted over and dropped a test on the bed.

"Test. Start now." Tiara rolled her eyes then began. As Tiara worked Apple Bloom paused and watched, feeling nervous. When Tiara finished she passed her the test and Apple Bloom began to grade it.

"What's the test for?"

"To see if I'm still needed as a tutor." Tiara went silent and she looked up to see her frowning.

"Oh." Apple Bloom smiled softly then finished and grinned tightly.

"Congrats. Perfect score." She handed her the test and packed up her stuff.

"Apple Bloom?"

"What?" She snapped. Tiara went silent and she pulled on her saddle bags and trotted to the door briskly.

"Ah'm not needed anymore."

"Wait!" Apple Bloom rushed out of the room and down the stairs.

"Apple Bloom! Wait damn it!" Apple Bloom slowed and paused outside. Tiara rushed out and to her panting heavily. "You're fast."

"What do ya want? Ah'm not needed anymore."

"We're friends right? Tell me what's wrong." Apple Bloom looked away and tears began to swim in her eyes.

"Nothin's wrong."

"Please tell me...please?" Tears began to roll down Apple Bloom's cheeks and she sniffed.

"If Ah stay...yer not gonna like me."

"What?"

"You can't feel the same way."

"What are you talking about?"

"It's impossible, improbable, out of this world, not gonna happen, no-." She was forcefully shut up as Tiara slapped her hard in the face.

"I'm sorry that I did that." Apple Bloom rubbed her mouth then sat on her haunches and looked down.

"Sorry." Tiara smiled and sat next to her.

"Please. What are you talking about?"

"Ah like you. As more than a friend." Tiara's face colored and she looked down.

"Oh!"

"Yeah...weird huh?" Tiara flushed redder and shook her head.

"No. Not really."

"Why"

"I-I kind of like you too."

"Yer shittin' me." Tiara gave a look of disdain and she flushed. "Seriously?" Tiara smiled at her tenderly then nuzzled her neck.

"Yes. Seriously." Apple Bloom blushed redder then smiled and nuzzled her back.